HANDY GUY BOB

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2012

Handy Man Handymen owner operated home improvement...

Hennelly & Son Roofing & Gutters

Hennelly & Son Roofing and Gutters is locally owned and operated, specializing in roofing, gutter installation, gutter cleaning, snow removal on roofs, and much more. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Call us today for your free estimate!

Offers by Hennelly & Son Roofing & Gutters on Angi
RONALDO'S LANDSCAPE SERVICES

Ronaldo’s Landscaping Services has been providing landscaping services to the Concord,MA area since 2001. Our business is driven by honesty, integrity and the commitment to excellence that we bring to every project. That same commitment to excellence yields many well founded relationships with our clients. With such great customer service, we are commited to returning your calls in 24 hours or less.

Ebenezer Landscape Inc

We are a family company that offers a variety of lawn care, landscaping and outdoor designing services. We are proud to provide services to meet your full satisfaction whether your reside in Framingham, MA or in nearby Metrowest area towns. Whether you are a residential customer, commercial establishment, independent contractor or company, we will provide our best service to satisfy your particular needs. 10 years of experience.

Offers by Ebenezer Landscape Inc on Angi

05/10/2017

Peter B.

Bob was very easy to work with. Was thorough, did a great job, for a good price.

Description of Work
Basic handyman work around the house, including installing wall hooks, fixing doors, installing cat doors, patching drywall.

03/04/2016

Hal S.

12/08/2014

Andrew L.

Came in right on budget, was quick to respond to all of my questions and comments. Bob did a great job and I would use him again. Loved how quickly Angie's Concierge took my posting found Bob and got this job done! What a great service!

Description of Work
Bob trimmed out 6 basement windows for me.

10/24/2013

Emily B.

Handy Guy Bob was amazing! We have a very old farm house with some very old bathroom fixtures. When we realized we had an issue with our toilet we called Handy Guy Bob and he was at our home the next morning. Due to the elderly nature of our plumbing and the fixture it took Bob a bit of time to get everything to work properly together. He worked quickly and cleanly to put our bathroom back in working order. The new toilet works perfectly and we have already booked Bob to do the update on our existing tub to a shower in the next few weeks.

Description of Work
Handy Guy Bob purchased all parts to fix a very old toilet and retro fit the 150+ year old pipe work to connect to the present day standard toilet.

09/23/2013

Marilyn L.

Bob suggested glass block windows when I showed him the problem, at first i was skeptical but then I looked Online at the variety of windows avalable and was so pleased with his recommendation. Bob carefully removed the old windows, frames and some extra wood that was rotten.He did one window at at a time from beginning to complete installation. He did a total of 6 windows in difficult locations. he built out the interior window sills and framed them nicely. as an extra bonus he primed the wood for me, so it is really for paint. The windows look excellent. They will provide excellent insulation in the winter. I will never had to worry about rotting wooden frames again, such a relief. The work took a total of about one week to complete and he cleaned up the debris when he was done. All in all, excellent service.

Description of Work
Bob replaced rotting wooden framed basement windows with glass block windows with a fine grade cement frame. They look beautiful from the inside and out and will never rot again.

Category glass repair,handyman service

06/25/2013

Marilyn L.

Bob has done a lot of work for me over the summer but this is an especially important and difficult project. Bob has approached this project with a thoughtful approach and an efficient attitude. in one day a window has been replaced. I am very impressed.

Description of Work
I have 6 windows in my basement with wooden casements. They rot regularly, even when pressure treated lumber is used and the wood is properly painted. There is just too much moisture. Bob suggested that I replace the windows with "Ready2Set" windows that are available from Lowes. I ordered 6 windows, Lowes delivered them and in one day Bob has taken out one old window and replaced it with a double glass pane block.

06/13/2012

Marilyn L.

This project was more complex than originally expected. it too a couple of months for the work to be completed. The work done was of extremely high quality and performed with great care. I was completely satisfied with the process and the result.

Description of Work
i knew I had a leak in corner of my kitchen from the leaking roof and gutter. I did not know how serious the problem was. it was very serious indeed. The first think that Bob did was identify and patch the areas of the roof and gutter which were causing the leakage. Then the truly difficult and ugly work began After taking down the interior wall to expose the wooden support beams, we discovered that the beams (which held up the roof) were rotten most of the way through as was the sill. Bob used some heavy duty metal posts, properly braced to support the ceiling and support the floor from the basement. As he uncovered more wood, he uncovered more rot which he carefully replaced with pressure treated beams. Then he took up the ceramic tile around the area of the beams as we suspected the floor was compromised as well. It was difficult to tell if the plywood flooring was affected, as it was covered with three inches of cement which held the radiant floor heat. Bob chipped and chiseled away the cement without nicking any of the water pipes, exposed all of the rotten floor boards, and replaced the flooring under the radiant floor tubing. Then he repourd the concrete. The last and perhaps easiest stage was replacing the floor tiles and re-grouting them. This project was long, complicated and difficult. Bob approached the challenge with caution and care. My wall and floor are completly sturdy and safe again. The look as good as new.

Category ceramic tile,handyman service

06/13/2012

Marilyn L.

Bob started with a scrub brush and a bucket of heavy strength general purpose cleaner. Once the bamboo had been cleaned once, he continued the process with a small wire hand brush to get the seams and cracks cleaned. Once the bamboo was restored to its' original golden color he sealed the entire area with polyurethane, three coats. Then he tacked the cedar trim. He spent hours with a rotary sander and small special sanding tool, working ever his head and in awkward positions in order to get the stain removed. He continued to sand with a finer grit sandpaper until the cedar was a lovely smooth texture. After the cedar trim was properly prepared, it was protected with three coats of polyurethane. The bamboo siding and cedar trim started out looking old, dirty and ugly. When Bob was finished they looked brand new. I was thrilled with the results In addition to cleaning the bamboo and redwood, Bob fixed the drains in the corners of the garden, so they no longer leaked. Above and beyond the original scope of the work.

Description of Work
I have a 'Japanese' garden on my property. it is an enclosed space open to the elements. It was a very lovely spot but over time the bamboo siding and the cedar trim had become very badly discolored and ugly from exposure to rain, snow wind.... New England weather. The bamboo needed to be cleaned and protected. The cedar needed to be sanded and sealed. Bob did all of this with great attention to detail and terrific results.

Category ceramic tile,handyman service

03/31/2012

Marilyn L.

This was a complex electrical problem. There are two or three dimmers witches in each room to control one set of lights ( the rooms are rather large). One switch is the master switch and the other switches work off the master. Bob had to determine whether hate master switch was broken or one of the others. This project required extensive understanding of electrical wiring and an ability to trouble shoot the problem. I was very impressed with Bob's ability to analyze the problem and fix it. I had no hesitation in using his services. I trusted that Bob would have been honest with me if I had needed to call in a certified electrician. I was also very impressed with his care to safety. In order replace the switches the circuit breakers needed to be turned off. My house is old and has had multiple renovations over the years so not all of the circuit breakers were correctly labelled. Bob was able to determine which circuit breakers were for which electrical functions and relabel them!

Description of Work
Mr. Belanger responded promptly to my phone call. I had a problem with broken light switches in my kitchen, bedroom and dining room. It was a complex electrical problem with two different dimmer switches controlling the same set of lights. Bob was able to identify which switches were broken, find the appropriate replacements and install them. The work was all done efficiently at a fraction of what an electrician would have charged. As a bonus, Bob was very kind and fixed a leaking sink in my kitchen, at no extra charge. I was extremely pleased with the work done, the ease of communication and responsiveness of Mr. Belanger. I have enthusiastically recommended Bob to many of my friends. I will continue to tell friends about his excellent work and plan to use his services in the future.

Category handyman service

I provide a number of interior and exterior services. The services provided include, but are not limited to; plumbing (remove & replace), electrical(remove/replace & new fixture install),painting(interior & exterior), wallpapering( remove & install), drywall/plaster repair, trim repair ( interior & exterior), deck repair, fence (repair & new install), tile (remove, replace, re-grout & new install), minor roofing repair( asphalt shingles & slate), masonry(re-pointing, repair),window re-glazing

Satisfaction