LUNKERS OUTFITTERS

Founded 1995 • With Angi since March 2008

FOUNDED IN 1995. 4 EMPLOYEES. ALL INSTALLATIONS AND SERVICE PERFORMED IN HOUSE. WE PERFORM CHIMNEY MASONRY REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE AS WELL. INSURED, CS SL CONTRACTORS LICENCE AND HIC LICENSE. FREE ESTIMATES WITHIN OUR SERVICE AREA. ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES FOR LONG DISTANCE SERVICE. OUR SHOWROOM OFFERS A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE. DISPLAY OF WOOD, PELLET AND GAS STOVES/FIREPLACES. WE ALSO CARRY FISHING/OUTDOOR SUPPLIES AT OUR STORE. Additional fax: (508) 881-0092....

Empress Pellet Insert

+11 more images

fireplace services (68)chimney repair (27)chimney cap repair (25)masonry (20)chimney sweep (4)

01/11/2022

Margarita K.

We had a broken component in our fireplace. Nuno arrived on time and replaced the broken part quickly and skillfully. He was courteous and professional throughout.

Description of Work
Fireplace repair

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

11/19/2021

Deed M.

Lunkers staff are the quintessential professionals and deliver amazing customer service. Recently they patiently walked me through trouble shooting why the gas stove would not turn on and….Success. Remember when stores used to have dedicated, helpful and professional staff? This is the place, no 800 number or someone you can’t find the next time you call. I highly recommend Lunkers

Description of Work
We bought both a pellet stove and a free standing gas fireplace from them. Excellent service and instructions.

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

Review for LUNKERS OUTFITTERS - 159 MAIN STREET, Ashland, MA - 39551640

02/10/2021

Amy M.

Great service. Explained everything and made useful suggestions for go-forward maintenance.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace needed servicing

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

Thank You very Much! Stay warm!

01/31/2020

Lindsay G.

Work went great. Very professional. I got an astoundingly quick response to my quote request which immediately set them apart from every other contractor I've tried to hire for various projects. They came out to evaluate the job within a few days, and we set a date for the repairs by the end of the meeting. They showed up on time, the work was completed promptly, with only a minor delay because of rain, which they were prepared for.

Description of Work
Chimney repaired, bricks replaced, cap and flashing added

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

09/20/2017

Charlene P.

Excellent, very efficient, personable, cleaned up after themselves. Work was excellent! Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Needed new heating flu, bonding of area around inside fireplace, roofing sealed near fireplace

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

06/14/2017

Gary P.

Two 👍👍thumbs up for Lunkers. It went great. Keep local small businesses alive. You'll be quite impressed with these guys.

Description of Work
They installed a wood burning stove insert into my existing firebox. It was a very difficult installation due to some stone work done by others prior to the installation. They were very patient and took great care of the surrounding area as they wrestled with a 400lb stove. I found them to be very knowledgeable during the sales and fact finding portion of the process as well.

Work Completed On 01/11/2017

03/29/2017

ANNA G.

Really well. Not only did the fireplace work, but he even cleaned the glass so I could actually see the fire. As far as I was concerned he performed magic!

Description of Work
My gas fireplace did not light. I called Lunkers and someone came over that day and fixed it.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

01/31/2017

Renard R.

Smoothly. Technician was great and informative. Really happy with the result. He even cleaned up the fireplace and made it look new!

Description of Work
Thermocoupling replacement

Work Completed On 11/17/2016

11/16/2016

carol L.

All according to schedule and looks great1

Description of Work
Chimney relined and rebuilt.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

12/17/2015

Daniel M.

They were right on time, very personable and went over each aspect of the install (during purchase and the actual day of install). Got right to work pulling the old liner, covering opening inside to avoid excessive debris from getting on furniture. Pulled the old wood stove liner, installed new liner and attached to top of chimney. Assembled gas insert, had me take pictures of the gas and pipe attachments (for inspector) and then slid unit in and tested pilot. After this, they continued to assemble and completed the install. We then went over the usage, plumber installed a CO2 unit in nearby plug, and we walked through the remote control and bad unit within the insert (for battery back up). They cleaned up the area and then outside and left. I feel very comfortable in advising others to use this company for any and all chimney work, they are thorough and do the work as described, as well as very reasonable pricing for their products and services.

Description of Work
Removed current liner, inspected chimney, installed new stainless steel liner with multiple ports, then assembled and installed gas insert.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/14/2015

12/12/2015

Paul H.

My fireplace was slowly failing until it would only work on one setting - then the pilot light failed also. Called Lunkers for overdue maintenance - chose them due to high Angie's list rating and recommendation from a friend who used them. Nuno came out yesterday and spent part of the afternoon fixing everything up. I had tried to install the remote myself a few years ago and managed to, instead, disconnect the fan and gas volume controls. Still worked by the on/off switch until this year when the pilot would not go on. Nuno was polite, professional and explained what he was doing as he went. He got the controls hooked up without much trouble. He found that he pilot light thermocouple (which keeps the pilot light lit) was corroded and not working - he replaced it. He was familiar with the brand of remote I had and got it hooked up properly also. Overall a very successful repair job and well worth the money. Note, they are becoming very popular, Lunkers is now probably the tops in the business in this area, so I had to book 4 weeks ahead (well Late Fall is surely their busy season). Very happy with the result and recommend Lunkers highly!

Description of Work
Serviced/fixed gas fireplace which had stopped working. Unscrambled controls, which had become detached, and reattached. Diagnosed and replaced failed thermocouple which was preventing the pilot light from staying lit. Installed remote control. General cleanup and maintenance.

Work Completed On 12/11/2015

12/09/2015

Cheryl B.

Absolutely one of the nicest people I've ever had work at my home. He was friendly, went over everything I needed or didn't need and the costs. Was neat and explained how to use the door. Even went out of his way to tell my son to have a safe trip home!!! Highly recommend this company to everyone.

Description of Work
Replaced front door handle/lock and made keys.

Work Completed On 11/22/2015

10/15/2015

Amy C.

Lunkers Outfitters is an exceptional company. We moved into a home with 3 gas fireplaces and ran into some problems during our first winter. We had trouble lighting one fireplace. Another fireplace was going through too much propane and the thermostat did not work (we were only able to turn it on and off on full blast). I called Lunkers and was told that Nuno, the owner and gas fireplace expert, would return my call. He promptly got back to me and very quickly came out to evaluate our fireplaces. Nuno cleaned our first fireplace which seemed to be working well. He replaced the pilot, got the fan working, and cleaned our second fireplace. Our third fireplace was the real problem. We soon discovered that the previous owners had wired the thermostat and fan incorrectly. When Nuno reached in to assess the situation, it literally started sparking at him. I soon realized that we could have easily had a fire or an explosion in our house. Nuno re-wired it to be functional and safe. I felt like he potentially saved our lives! He also installed a missing child safety screen. Nuno was friendly, clean, efficient, and kept in constant communication during the process. He even went out of his way to download and email us the owner's manual for one of the fireplaces. We were very pleased with the work that was done for us. We will surely be calling Lunkers in the future for any future repairs, service, or purchases.

Description of Work
Came out to service and repair the 3 gas fireplaces in our home. Cleaned 2 gas fireplaces, replaced pilot and evaluated fan on 1 gas fireplace, re-wired fan and thermostat on 1 gas fireplace, and installed child safety screen.

Cost $993.13

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

04/29/2015

Bob M.

Lunkers did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
Replaced Furnace exhaust pipes

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

04/14/2015

Kimberly G.

The professionalism, knowledge, cleanliness and politeness of Lunkers was top notch. I would and have recommended them to anyone who will listen!

Description of Work
Installed new wood stove and removed old one

Work Completed On 12/07/2014

02/09/2015

Terri S.

They went beyond our expectations by repositioning our stove to be closer to the wall. Helped us identify installation issues from previous house owners, which impacted performance of the store. Despite the fact we were a bit outside their usual service area, they took us on as a client.

Description of Work
Repaired pellet store.

Work Completed On 11/17/2014

02/03/2015

lawrence O.

Terrific. Professional. Polite. On time & very hard working

Description of Work
Installed wood burning stove

Work Completed On 11/15/2014

01/27/2015

John N.

Very professional and easy-going. Nuno patiently answered all my questions, and helped me gain a better understand of my gas log set. Although I thought the final charge was a bit high for a system check with no parts needed, I would Definitely use him or his company again, as I place a high value on expertise and approachability. We will be looking to upgrade our system this Spring, and plan to include Lunkers on our short list of contractors.

Description of Work
Nuno was great. He checked our gas log set and provided some troubleshooting to get the unit back up and running.

Work Completed On 11/07/2014

01/22/2015

Zachary D.

The men showed up from Lunkers on time. Were very friendly and professional. They asked to see the basement and looked at the fireplace. They felt confident what they were going to do would fix the issue. from that point on they were up on ladders by the chimney. The work was about an hour and they fixed the issue the first time. Excellent.

Description of Work
Put a cap on my chimney.

Work Completed On 12/31/2014

01/20/2015

Liz C.

Great experience - the guys at Lunkers know their stuff. Went easily, on time - would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Purchased and Installed Wood burning fireplace stove insert

Category masonry, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/15/2013

11/17/2014

Mary G.

Outstanding all around. Price, quality of work, scheduling, clean up, all top notch! Would recommend Lunkers for any chimney or stove work!

Description of Work
rebuilt top six layers of our triple chimney along with new crown and cap. Also installed a freestanding gas fireplace.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

06/16/2014

Peng L.

I looked around for wood pellet stove and found Lunkers. Went to the store. They are very friendly and patient on explaining on everything. Set up a date and they showed up right on time. Did professional work. I was very happy with it. The even better part is when customer service. They are still very friendly when I called with questions after I paid everything. Came back in to check up and service the stove as promised and did a great work. I was very happy choosing Lunkers because, from many other reviews, the major complaints to other shops are the services after you paid - For Lunkers, they kept their words.

Description of Work
Install wood pellet stove and late come in for service

Work Completed On 04/10/2014

04/26/2014

Virginia J.

The work was done in the amount of time originally quoted. Prior to the service being performed the vendor provided excellent descriptions of what work needed to be done and why. A quote was provided free of charge on the spot that detailed materials and labor cost. When we decided to use this vendor over others, he was willing to work with us to reduce the cost of our annual pellet stove cleaning since there was a large amount of work to be done. The workers were professional and seemed very knowledgeable. They did not leave any mess behind for us to clean up. We were very pleased overall and would recommend this vendor to others.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild from roof up for furnace chimney. Re-pointing, new flashing, new crown and new supports for pellet stove chimney. Some re-pointing & mortar work and blue stone cap on shoulder of fireplace chimney. Cleaning of fireplace chimney and pellet stove.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces