Willie James Quality Flooring LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2012

8105 Rustic Rose Ct

Baton Rouge, LA 70818

You'll love our quality workmanship, and attention to detail!...

04/10/2017

Rhonda C.

The floor looked amazing. Much better than the old carpet. Home sold in 7 days

Description of Work
Flooring purchased from Lumber Liquidators. Willie James was the referred contractor. Did an excellent job in installing a laminate floor.

09/27/2016

Richard H.

They did an excellent job, would definitely recommend to anyone. Hard working, prompt , very pleased.

Description of Work
Flooring installed

Category ceramic tile,hardwood floor

10/12/2015

Mari Ann C.

Willie and his team were amazing! From the moment we talked on the phone until the finished product, Willie and his team treated me with respect and was very patient with all of my questions. As a woman, I find that men sometimes treat me like I don't understand what they are doing if it involves cars, home improvement, you get my point. I will only work with men who will treat me as someone who might ask questions but also someone who can comprehend what they are going to do for me. Willie and his team answered every text, question, and helped me find a solution to all of the projects pieces until it was completed. That is how they communicated and treated me. As far as their work, I wish I would have kept a comment list for all of my family and friends who are AMAZED at the quality of the flooring, the work, etc. This is the only house I have ever lived in as an adult and it has been a 23 year labor of love. Willie and his team treated my home as if it were their own. This might sound unbelievable but it is PERFECT! The quality of their work is superb!!!!! I have and will recommend them to others who are considering hardwood floors. Willie helped my home become truly a show case for older homes and why we should renovate them as opposed to tearing down to build new. Thank you to Angie's List for helping me to find Willie James. When I do phase 2 of my home project, he will be our guy! I would HIGHLY Recommend him to anyone! Mari Ann

Description of Work
Willie and his team installed reclaimed pine hardwood floors in my 100 year old home

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

06/17/2015

Anne G.

We obtained Willie James Quality Flooring contact information from Angie's List. Our call was taken immediately. The owner was very polite. We explained that we had a tight deadline and the kitchen floor had to be finished quickly in order to finalize the sale of the house. The owner explained that his main crew was working on another job out of town but that he would do his best to help us. The owner and one helper showed up the following weekend -- as agreed-- and completed the work in one day.

Description of Work
Installed flooring in the home we were trying to sell.

Category flooring contractor,home remodeling

04/02/2015

Maurice F.

I contacted Mr. James to request an estimate on replacement of some flooring. He came to my house on Tuesday, 31 March, taking measurements and promising me a written estimate would be delivered to me the next day, Wednesday, 1 April. Wednesday came and went with no estimate. I called Mr. James and luckily got through. He promised me I would have the estimate delivered to me on Thursday, 2 April. Thursday came and went. Still no estimate. I have been unable to reach him by phone, and my calls are not returned. I am disappointed by his broken promises. I am concerned that if this is the way he treats potential customers before they have signed on for his services, his treatment once you are locked in may be even worse.

Description of Work
Very unprofessional regarding a promised estimate.

Category flooring contractor

I met with [member name removed] at the agreed time. After going to his home and seeing his project I learned that he was asking me to install a floor that #1 that was against the manufactures guidelines and #2 i don't even install this type of flooring. It was an uncomfortable situation with the way he kept trying to push me to do it. I did write up an estimate for him that would be the correct way to install it. I told him that I would drop it off at his residence and he told me that it had to be done after 10:30am. I was not anywhere's close to his home during the times that he requested so that is why he did not recieve my written quote. At the end of the day, there's some jobs that's not worth doing.

03/26/2015

Jeannie S.

Would highly recommend Willie James and his crew. They even had some wonderful suggestions on how to reface a gas fireplace that was in the house. They far exceeded my expectations. Very hard workers, arrived on time and stayed until they were done. Left their work site clean.

Description of Work
Replaced a horrible tile job of a person we hired from a referral. The shower was a total mess Willie and his crew did an amazing job on my shower. They also then laid 1600 sq ft of flooring that turned out beautifully

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work for you.

08/04/2014

Stacy W.

Willie made several appointments to come out to my home and never showed up nor called! Every time I called Willie he gave me a complete run around and promise to call back. I will not recommend this company to anyone!! POOR POOR POOR POOR.......

Description of Work
Willie makes appointments to come out to your home and never shows up nor calls! Honestly Willie gives you a complete run around. I will not recommend this company to anyone!!

Category flooring contractor

For any confusion or frustrations that you may have because of my behalf I am truly sorry. My average day starts w/ me leaving my home somewhere between 5-5:30 every morning and usually doesn't stop until 7-8:00 at night. I do work all over La and have done jobs in Tx, Ms and even SC all in 2014. I do realize that this is not an issue or concern for you but I'd like to give everyone my position. My phone rings all of the time and if I am on the road or in a situation where I cannot write down information, I tell every customer the same thing, "please call me back as a reminder". Every potential customer matters to me, but unfortunately, not as much as the current one. The current job(s) will have my full focus. I am a small business who takes pride in my craftsmanship, my workers, my family and my life. I will not cut a job short (big or small) just to go give someone an estimate. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience but you must know, that I did not call you back for a reason. My guess is that we probably spoke on the phone and your number probably cleared out before I was able to save it. No disrespect meant & I hope that your project has worked out for you.

05/14/2014

Carol L.

Willie came to my house to give me an estimate and advised the type of materials needed. His two workers arrived on the scheduled date and removed the existing carpet, then installed all of the flooring and completed everything that day. The floor looks great and the job was done quickly, efficiently and everything cleaned up afterward. Willie was very knowledgeable about the entire process and I would use him again for future work.

Description of Work
Removed carpet and installed a floating bamboo floor in a bedroom, installed quarter round.

Category flooring contractor

your business is greatly appreciated.

01/02/2014

cynthia F.

He was recommended to me by the company that he does work with. He does insulation, sanding, refinishing hardwood floors, ceramic, and all fine stones. I bought the supplies and the backsplash and he just installed it for me. He did a wonderful job. He cleaned up his mess. He's very professional. He's booked up so we had to wait 2-3 months. I'm gonna consider using him for some tile work I needed done. His pricing is reasonable.

Description of Work
Willie James Quality Flooring came out to install the backsplash in my kitchen.

Category ceramic tile

Thank you for the opportunity to work for you guys

06/24/2013

Laurie T.

2 friends recommended them and my husband called and spoke to Willie, who said he was going out of town for a month on a job. He instructed my husband to call right back and leave his name and number so Willie could call him when he got back in town. A few days later we received a voice message from someone like and quot;Dougand quot;, and quot;Willie said I might be able to help youand quot;. I was not happy because one Willie didn't say he was going to give our number out and I didn't know anything about this person. I didn't call him back. About 5 weeks later I went into Lumber Liquidator and spoke to the person who said someone needs to come out and look at the type of flooring you have currently. I told him that Willie was recommended and we had contacted him prior to going out of town but never heard from him. He said he would be talking to Willie and would give him my name and remind him to call us. I never have heard from Willie and it seems he has too much work to do, if he is not interested in getting any new customers.

Description of Work
Nothing never would call us back.

Category flooring contractor

I certainly do stay busy and certainly do want to remain that way. You said that I did say that I was going to be gone for awhile on a big project. If I gave your number to someone for work, it was another certified installer. From my perspective, it seems more like I was trying to have you taken care of since I was unable to do so. When I refer a job, I do not make any commission, I just want to see the customer treated right by a licensed & insured professional.