Precision Tree Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2011

With over 40 years of experience, Precision Tree Service has been providing the surrounding communities with a safe and affordable way to remove dangerous limbs and completely remove large trees.WE PLANT A TREE FOR EVERY ONE WE CUT - A tree will either be planted from the National Arbor Day Foundation in the Angie’s List customer’s name or they can choose to receive a tree to be planted in their own yard. Contact our offices if you are interested in scheduling a no-hassle estimate! We also provide DEEP ROOT FEEDING and can schedule regular feeding of your trees upon your request....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Tree Emergency

+22 more images

tree service (159)

11/07/2021

John K.

The Pine tree had greater damage than was visible from the ground, including rot at the top. Removal was suggested, which we accepted since this tree was close to our house. The tree was removed in pieces, with no damage to the surrounding area. The stump was ground down. Trimming of selected branches & limbs on the other 4 trees resulted in a beautiful, open appearance with good visibility to the upper reaches of the trees. We are very pleased with the appearance. All debris was removed.

Description of Work
Remove broken limbs (hurricane damage) from a pine tree. Trimming of 2 Maple trees and 2 large Oak trees in the front yard.

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Thank You, [Member Name Removed] and MaryAnn! We appreciate your business and want to wish you and yours a blessed holiday season.

01/03/2021

Ben B.

Twice in the past, this company did work for me. We all got along great, paid my bill in full, no issues. Need more tree work done. 1.5 hours before they were scheduled to come do an estimate (I took off work to be home to meet them), texted me (not even the courtesy or respect of a phone call) and said "Can't do your work, call another service." And now they won't return my calls. This was so unexpected, out of the blue, and down right rude. At least let me know why I have to call another service after we've had such a great track record together!

Description of Work
Twice they did great work for me, not won't return my calls.

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

In response to Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s review, Precision Tree Service contracted with Mr. [Member Name Removed] one time, in 2013. Upon completion of that job, I made the decision to have no future dealings with Mr. [Member Name Removed]. My memory of that business interaction is much different than his, and I feel no need to respond further. Precision Tree Service has not been in contact with him, nor have I had any further dealings with Mr. [Member Name Removed]. He contacted our office through the lead board on a weekend. My office did their job and set an appointment. Upon reviewing my appointments on Monday morning, I recognized Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s name. We immediately text messaged him at 7:30 am, even though he had advised my office he wouldn't be there. I said that could not help him with his project, and that he would have to get someone else, and, we wished him a Merry Christmas. Precision Tree Service reserves the right, like any other business, to decline service if necessary. However, Precision Tree Service has declined to service only 3 people in our 21 years in business; Mr. [Member Name Removed] is one of them. We wish Mr. [Member Name Removed] the best. He should have no trouble finding a good Arborist, but Precision will not be one of them. I will let our reviews and our track record speak for itself. Best Regards Thomas Litton Licensed Louisiana Arborist

10/19/2020

Janet C.

Precision Tree Service was wonderful to work with and their pricing was very fair. Since access was limited to the back of the property, they could not use a manlift and that definitely made this job more challenging, but Thomas and his crew clearly knew what they were doing. They worked efficiently and safely and did everything they said they would do in one day- four trees down and full clean up. I highly recommend Precision Tree Service and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Removal of three pine trees and one elm tree

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Hello, [Member Name Removed], THANK YOU for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you. We wish you and yours a Safe and Happy holiday season. Gloria Litton Office Manager

08/22/2020

Karin H.

The service we received from Precision Tree Service was excellent. The staff and crew were friendly, knowledgable and professional. Once I called to ask for help, Mrs. Gloria was so helpful and communicated with me when we could expect our estimate and services preformed. Our trees look beautiful now as they were very overgrown and branches were hanging on our roof. After the work was completed, the crew removed all tree branches and debris. If you are need of a professional and licensed company to perform any tree services please call Baton Rouge Precision Tree Service. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
We have 5 large trees that needed pruning and cut back away from our home

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

THANK YOU, [Member Name Removed] - for your business and for the great review. You were great to work with too! We want to wish you and yours a beautiful Fall season. Stay Safe and Well. Gloria Litton Office Manager

05/28/2020

Ron M.

Outstanding. Professional work in every respect. Highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Major Oak tree trimming

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your business an for the great review . We enjoyed doing the work for you. Stay safe an have a great summer.

05/17/2020

tony C.

They did what they said they would do when they said they would and did a great job. Removed both trees, hauled away debris and ground stumps. My main concern was my yard getting torn up. Aside from the two trees being gone you cannot even tell they were here. Left my yard in perfect condition. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Remove two large sweetgum trees from front yard

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

Thank You, [Member Name Removed] ! It is always a pleasure to work with you. We appreciate your business and your time to submit a review for us. Have a great Summer, STAY SAFE. Gloria Litton Office Manager

05/13/2020

Matt F.

Excellent. Very quick to respond to the original request for work. Very quick to come across town to look at the tree. I think most places can do the first two items. From that point set Mr. Litton apart from the rest. They showed up on time, three people very professional, respectful and going above and beyond to do the job right in every aspect. The clean up of the work site and the tree from my property was executed flawlessly. I thought the price to be fair and the follow up to make sure everything was done right was uncommon these days. Thank you.

Description of Work
Removing a large tree from beside the house.

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Thank You, Mr. [Member Name Removed], for the great review! You were a pleasure to do business with. It's great to have satisfied customers and we Thank You again for your business. Have a safe and pleasant Summer. Gloria Litton Office Manager

05/08/2020

jaymee B.

It was a great experience! A great company to work with. They were prompt and did exactly what they told us they were going to do. The owners of the company were onsite when the job was done. Would definitely use their services again if needed.

Description of Work
I had 4 pine trees cut down.

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Hey, [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] - it was a pleasure to work with you as well! Thank You again for your business and the great review. Stay Safe and enjoy the coming Summer. Gloria Litton Office Manager

03/11/2020

Sharon W.

All went well. My husband and I weren't home during the process however, we were both contacted and informed that the tree was safely removed from its difficult position. I got home to a clean yard from debris and the pruning of the another tree was beautifully done.

Description of Work
Needed a tree cut from a difficult position

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

Thank You, [Member Name Removed] for your business and for taking time to review us! You and [Member Name Removed] have been great to work with and we appreciate you. Have a safe and HAPPY SPRING.

03/04/2020

Tom B.

Went very well. No issues and work was completed ahead of schedule. I believe this is the 4th time I've used them and everything has been handled very professionally each time.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

Thank You [Member Name Removed] for your business! It is always a pleasure to work for you and [Member Name Removed]. Have a safe and pleasant Spring.

11/21/2019

Alice A.

It was excellent. they not only came out on time, they did a great job about trimming the trees. They cleaned up after themselves, couldn't even tell they had been here. The trees look great now.

Description of Work
Trimmed four trees for me

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

Thank You, [Member Name Removed], for taking time to give us a great review! We enjoyed working with you to get your beautiful Live Oak trees trimmed. We want to wish you and yours a safe a happy Thanksgiving and a blessed Christmas.

11/19/2019

Durward M.

It was necessary to use a crane to remove the large oak tree. It spanned 120 feet, its trunk was about six feet in diameter. All tree work was done on the first day, including removal of all tree parts and debris. The large stump was ground out the next day. The work was done on time, and for the quoted price. I used this company for a previous job and will use them again if I need tree work in the future. The Littons, and all the Precision Tree Service staff are wonderful 1

Description of Work
Removal of very large water oak tree. Removal of other overhanging limbs. Pruning of live oak. Removal of several small shrubs.

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

Review for Precision Tree Service - Baton Rouge Metro, Baton Rouge, LA - 38242534

Good Morning, [Member Name Removed] - We want to Thank You, again, for your business and for the great review. It is always a pleasure working with you , and your cooperation and patience is appreciated. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas.

11/10/2019

Ronnie S.

Made appointment for estimate. I took off work to meet them. They never showed and they never called. I moved to south Louisiana 3 years ago and this seems to be the norm for this area. Poor since of customer commitment.

Description of Work
Remove broken palm and grind stump

Category tree service

Hello, Mr, [Member Name Removed], We apologize for any inconvenience that you incurred regarding the appointment to see you Palm trees. I did call you to let you know that there was a conflict in Thomas's schedule, and I left a voice message for you. When I did not hear back, I called you again and left a message to re-schedule. When customers do not return my calls I assume that they have had their tree problem resolved. Perhaps you have us confused with some other tree company; all of our reviews reflect our attention to good customer service and good job performance. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and a blessed Christmas. Best Regards, Gloria Litton Office Manager

09/28/2019

James K.

Quality Workmanship! The team climbed all 4 trees to prune and thin from bottom to top and also from the top down. The job site was cleaned up and looked like when they started the work. The job took almost the entire day. They were very meticulous and methodical in performing the work. I have gotten numerous comments from neighbors on how good the trees look. They also promised to come back in the spring and do a deep root fertilization of the trees for no charge.

Description of Work
Trimmed and Thinned 4 large Live Oak Trees

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Review for Precision Tree Service - Baton Rouge Metro, Baton Rouge, LA - 38139089

Hello, Mr. [Member Name Removed] - Thank You for the review! It was great working with you and we are happy that you like the way your trees turned out. We appreciate your time to post a review and your business. Have a safe and happy Autumn season. See you in Spring 2020.

09/25/2019

Sammy G.

Great job. The crew was efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Two trees trimmed

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

Thank You, [Member Name Removed] for your business and for the great review! We are pleased that you are happy with the job performance! Have a safe and happy upcoming holiday season.

09/19/2019

Lisette B.

Very well. Large crane and workers took tree down. Gigantic stump was grinded and all debris was taken away. Project was completed in less than two days. The owners are professional, easy to work with and incredibly nice!

Description of Work
50= take down very very large 50+ year old water oak

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Good Morning, [Member Name Removed] - It was great working with you and [Member Name Removed] again. We value your opinion and we appreciate your business. Your cooperation with coordination was key to getting this large tree removed safely and efficiently. Thank you for taking time to post this great review! We wish you and yours a blessed Indian Summer.

09/04/2019

Sandra H.

I met with Mr. Thomas to get an estimate on the work that needed to be done and he was very professional. He took time to explain to me what my options were. After we agreed on a price, I was in contact with Ms. Gloria regarding the scheduling and weather. When it was finally dry enough, the guys came out and they did a fantastic job. I was able to speak with them a few minutes before I had to head out to work and they were very friendly and professional. I have another tree that needs work on, and I will definitely contact Precision Tree again.

Description of Work
Pruning a large oak tree in my back yard.

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], your review is greatly appreciated. You have been a pleasure to work with! It's our priority to have satisfied customers. wishing you and yours a safe and pleasant Fall season.

08/28/2019

Cynthia R.

I was very pleased. We had to work around the weather and Gloria was great about keeping up to date with scheduling.

Description of Work
Tree removal and stump grinding

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Good Morning, [Member Name Removed] - We Thank You for your business and for the review. You were most cooperative with the weather and the re-scheduling. Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

08/17/2019

matt T.

Precision Tree was recommended to me by a coworker several years ago. I have used them multiple times since to prune trees and even had them remove a medium sized tree that was only a few feet from my home. They are professional, fair on price, and experienced. I will continue to use them for future tree maintenance needs.

Description of Work
Tree removal, Tree pruning, hauling off debris

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Good Morning, [Member Name Removed] - We are always happy to help you with your trees and Thank You again for your business. Have a safe and happy remaining Summer 2019.

08/10/2019

Edward B.

We have a large townhome complex (70+ units) and needed to have several trees removed and others trimmed. This was our second time using Precision Tree Service, and they will be our goto tree service in the future. Their prices are very reasonable, they complete the service quickly, professionally, and clean up after themselves. Highly recommend for any job large or small.

Description of Work
Removal of several trees and trimming of other trees

Work Completed On 07/20/2019

Good Morning, [Member Name Removed] - You are always great to work with and most cooperative with the residents being informed when work is in progress. Thank You for your great review and Thank You, again for your business, Have a safe and happy remaining Summer 2019.

08/07/2019

Clifford H.

Live Oak tree really looks good and the other two cut down with no problem. Area was cleaned up very nice. Very professional the men that did the work.

Description of Work
Trim oak tree and cut down two other trees.

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

Good Morning, Mr. [Member Name Removed] - We appreciate your business and your efforts to post a review for us. You have been most cooperative and great to work with. We are pleased that you are pleased with trees and crew performance. Have a safe and happy remaining Summer 2019.

07/29/2019

Robert N.

Limited access to the work area and possible further damage to property during tree removal made job slower and more complicated. Final result was very satisfactory. Contractor was very prompt and helpful.

Description of Work
Removal of a fallen tree from a roof and high fence

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Hello, Mr. [Member Name Removed] - We want to thank you for your business and for taking time to post this review for us. We appreciate your confidence in our expertise in removing the tree from your roof. Reviews like yours are what makes Angieslist work for customers and for us. Have a safe and happy remaining Summer 2019!