Current Electric Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2008

301 Chapala Pkwy

Michigan City, IN 46360

In 1989, Duane Seifert saw a need for an electrical contractor who was interested in handling the small service call type jobs. With his 25 years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician in Local Union 531 along with his experience as an Instructor for the Electrical Apprenticeship classes, he formed Current Electric, Inc. Over the years, as Current Electric, Inc. continued to grow, he hired more electricians and apprentices from the IBEW Local 531 to continue to help service the needs of his hometown area. Duane knows a special electrician is needed to listen to the customer's needs or problems, then diagnose and repair the problem. He feels he employs the best electricians servicing Residential, Commercial and Industrial customers. Current Electric, Inc., is licensed in most northwest Indiana/southwest Michigan cities. We are bonded and fully insured and have established a very good reputation through-out the community. Current Electric, Inc. of Michigan City, IN brings you peace of mind with a full line of reliable Generac products backed by world-class service and support. Explore our product selection, then contact us so we can help you select the Generac solution that's just right for you. Emergency power systems that can back up your entire home or business, or just the most essential circuits. Portable power products that let you take your electricity where you need it most, whether it’s a tailgate party or a construction site. Power washers that make it easy to tackle even your toughest cleaning projects....

03/27/2017

Mary Lou S.

Great communication all the way around!

Description of Work
A variety of electrical small repairs. They were very prompt, smart and efficient. We would highly recommend Current Electric!

12/13/2016

Delois S.

The electrician they sent was Alan. Who was very personable, professional and respectful. He assessed the situation, and told me what he was going to do. As he went along he answered each of my questions in language that was clear and understandable. He also took great care in the safety factor; and provided me with information for any future projects of this type. As he went along, he cleaned up after himself; I wasn't left with a mess. They also called to check and see how things were going. I would be very happy to use their service again in the future as well as work with Alan or another of their electricians.

Description of Work
After many years of making due, I decided to have outlets put in my dressing room/closet and my hallway. I had called several electrical companies only to be told, "sorry, we don't do residential or the job is too small". When I called Currant and explained what I wanted, they said it was doable and would meet on my request and get back with me. I worked with Beth and got a call back with a date and an approximate time.

12/12/2016

JAN K.

Everything went as planned and they were prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
Electricity was hooked up for a new air conditioner.

12/06/2016

Charles H.

My experience with them was fine.

Description of Work
I have used Current Electric.

04/22/2016

Robert J.

Description of Work
Installed two dedicated lines with electric heaters in different locations (house and garage) along with three additional outlets on new circuits. Work completed in one day with professionalism.

03/28/2016

Michael O.

Category

08/18/2014

Michael O.

Everyone I dealt with at Current Electric was very professional and courteous. The work they did was first quality and they answered any and all questions I had. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing electrical work done.

Description of Work
Installed Generac 16kw whole house generator

07/12/2014

Lawrence C.

They came highly recommended by a realtor. They were professional, and they did the job well. They were very communicative, and they were nice. The price was very competitive. They did unbelievable amount of work, it took days and days.

Description of Work
When we bought the house, we used Current Electric. They totally rewired the house.

T-Line Electric

T-Line Electric can assist you with your electrical needs. We are the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018,2019,2020 And 2021 Angie's List Super Service Award Winners!! Call Us Today! At T-Line we try to go above and beyond what some other will do for there customers. Whether its Wiring a whole house to removing a busted light bulb we will try to complete things in a timely matter for all. To all inquiring customers! Best contact for us is 219-808-6063. I will try my best to answer all calls or will respond to you in a timely matter. Thanks and have a great day Payment Options: Check, Cash, or CC used with PayPal accepted.

MAKO Midwest Electric, LLC

MAKO Midwest Electric is a company that specializes in electrical design, services, and repairs. In the past, jobs such as replacing outdoor and indoor lighting and security systems, replacing old, dangerous wire-runs that are not up to code, panel upgrades, and many more have been completed to nothing but customer satisfaction. The difference between us and the typical electrical contractor is the personality we bring to the table. There are only two employees outside of the owner/operator and the three of us are grateful for every opportunity to bring some brighter light into our clients' lives. We are owner-operated by Nicholas DeMichael - a 23-year IBEW Local 701 (union) veteran. Along with 3-year, experienced apprentices who have had supervised guidance and are ready to take the next steps towards being licensed electricians! We look forward to helping anyone requiring our services with boating positivity and focus at every jobsite!

Kouder electric

Kouder Electric is your expert in Northern Indiana for all your residential and commercial electrician needs. No job is too big or too small. Call today for a free estimate.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Generac Power-Pro Elite Dealer for sales, service, maintenance, and warranty. Factory trained technicians by Generac. Electrical contracting for commercial, industrial, and residential work.

We do not repair appliances.