Bozek Home Improvements & Landscaping

Founded 1979 • With Angi since December 2014

5819 Middaugh Ave.

Downers Grove, IL 60516

My name is Bob Bozek and I am the owner of Bozek Home Improvements and Landscaping - WWW.CALL-BOZEK.COM , Since 1979. In addition to the details listed in other fields, I also provide Emergency Services for disasters such as basement flooding, fire and glass clean up and board up, roof leaks, ice

05/18/2018

Victor L.

didn't show up for scheduled estimate. didn't call to cancel. nothing. That is a reflection on your work ethic and follow through.

Description of Work
painting, drywall, flooring

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters, basement remodeling

08/01/2017

Michael M.

I picked Bob off of Angie's List because I actually took the time to read profiles. I didn't want the big company who only saw me as an invoice and I wanted someone who seemed genuine and honest. Clearly Bob isn't that guy. Bob came out, spent a good amount of time examining my issue. Said he'd email me with my quote the next day. A week later I called Bob reminding him about my quote.... Still no Bob. Out of respect for his time, I didn't contact anyone else in that week. I'm assuming the job was something he didn't know how to do but he could have thrown anything in an email to me rather than completely ignoring me.

Description of Work
I had damaged particle board under cedar siding that needed replacing.

Category siding, woodworking

07/14/2016

Paul W.

Description of Work
Discussed project over the phone and dicovered I didn't have enough money, but contractor was very honest and straight forward and professional

Category landscaping, remodeling

06/01/2016

Lauren O.

Bob has exceeded our expectations, he is just wonderful. I don't even know where to begin. We moved in to our house three years ago and had been planning on fixing our front lawn for some time but we were worried about how much it would cost. The front by the street had what I would call a ditch to help with water drainage. We also had a drain on the side of our house that was cut by the previous owners and pouring water from the sump pump out, causing a pool of water to form. Our yard looked awful. Bob was very quick to respond. He spent a lot of time investigating the issue and coming up with the best possible plan. He was realistic and present every time work was being done. I felt like his pricing was very fair. He also came back after the project was completed to check on his work. He is amazing and I am so thankful to have found a handyman that I can trust. My husband and I will be using him from now on!!!

Description of Work
Installed a french drain, and some back up drains in the front lawn. Fixed a sump pump drain on the side of the house so water would flow to the street and connect to the french drain. Bob pretty much created a drainage system that allows us to manage rain water without having flooding on our lawn. He also placed sod down, which is growing wonderfully thanks to his instructions.

Category lawn service

11/27/2015

Kim & Olive B.

Description of Work
Bob did a winter Prep Inspection. I asked him back to help with a few things and he did them well also.

07/01/2015

Elynn C.

Description of Work
They extended our front porch, replaced the steps, covered all of it with beautiful pavers and landscaped the area in front of the porch with plants and bushes.

Category drywall, fencing, gutter repair, insulation, landscaping

06/07/2015

SHANNON O.

I was very hopeful to have found a long-term handy-man for my new house. The response was quick for our initial contact. Some work was discussed but I had a list and questions for the actual house visit and potential work needed. There were/are a couple immediate projects or tasks and some that would've been well suited for his down-time or off-season periods. We were to set an appointment time on Sunday evening after Mr Bozek could review his schedule, instead I received an apologetic text stating he had accepted other work. That was the end of the communications, which is a bummer, as I'm still in need of a handyman and really appreciated the work and statements found on their website. Maybe we will be able to try again.

Description of Work
N/A - service estimate was declined

Category handyman service, landscaping

I was not comfortable working with this potential client. Sometimes you get the feeling that the connection just is not there.

01/14/2015

Daniel L.

Ice dams are very tricky and super dangerous. Bob did an exceptional job removing it. In regard to the 2 he worked on- we couldn't be happier. Even if his guys make a little mistake, he handles it in such a way that it doesn't even bother or worry you. He is local and he stands behind everything he does.

Description of Work
I had them come out to take down an ice dam that was creating a leak in my family room. I should also mention that they built me a very nice wooded deck this past summer and they also stained an older deck that I have on the side of my house.

01/08/2015

Daniel L.

Power washing, roof inspection, 2 flower bed designs, a few handyman jobs, replaced one small section of concrete in my side walk, installed 2 ceiling fans, prepared my yard for a graduation party, installed drain tile, and he cut down our dead Birch tree Every job basically follows the same pattern. Bob comes to the house to discuss the potential job. Then he emails us back the details to confirm what we spoke about. In very short order he emails us an estimate. We get together to finalize the plan. We set the date for the job, sign the contract and give him the down payment. The day before the job is to start he stops over to confirm the details. Then they start the work. Bob talks to us every day about the work that was accomplished that particular day. The work is completed and we go over the contract details. After we agree that all the work has been done according to the contract, and, after we are 100% satisfied- we pay him the balance.

Description of Work
Over the past 8 years I have had Bozek handle many jobs in and around my house. The latest was an interior painting job for 80% of my home just before the holidays. Everything went well like usual. Bob takes the extra time to get the job done right. I appreciate his efforts and his commitment to great customer service. When you hire Bob, you don't have to worry about anything. Most of the time he is working we are not even home. That gives us great piece of mind. Here are some of the projects he has done for us over the past 8 years. interior painting, exterior painting, landscaping general, patio..

Category concrete repair, handyman service, landscaping, tree service, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, roof cleaning

01/02/2015

Kathryn L.

We have always been very pleased with their responsiveness and professionalism - whenever we have called with an emergency they are very prompt in getting back to us. Their prices are very fair and everyone that has done the work has been very polite and trustworthy, and they clean up after themselves which is very much appreciated. Their workmanship is solid and stands up to the test of time. We also appreciate their creative ideas in trying to solve a problem or come up with a unique solution. They have always gone the extra mile to be sure we are satisfied.

Description of Work
The latest large project was a total bathroom remodel, including gutting the old one and replacing everything down to the floor and pipes. Bozek has also handled our landscaping and snow removal for about 5 years. We have worked with them for over 15 years in multiple homes and they have built a custom playhouse and treehouse, re-landscaped our yard, rebuilt and finished several decks, remodeled a kitchen, and was the general contractor for a home that needs lots of work before moving in, including replacing wood floors, rewiring the house and installing multiple ceiling lights and fans, painting, etc. etc...

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, drywall, excavators, fencing, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, home inspection, insulation, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, playground equipment, remodeling, tree service, delivery service, pressure washing, garage builders, roof snow removal, snow removal, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, roof cleaning, hardscaping

12/31/2014

bob B.

These guys are fabulous. Everything was done professionally and on time and on budget. I highly recommend Bozek for any of your home improvement or landsaping needs. What a pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Bozek installed a new 20 x 24 concrete garage slab. They also built a 16 x 24 wooden deck They added a beautiful garden that they designed to compliment our deck.

12/30/2014

Sue Z.

It would have been pointless to have evidence of roof issues that would only worsen come winter, and not do anything about it. We were very happy Bob could take care of all the work, hence the rest of the cost. He reliably showed up when he said he would, did what he promised, and eased our mind about being prepared for this upcoming winter. The winter of 2014 could have done untold damage but we never thought to have it checked post-winter. We could have shopped around to see if his price was competetive, but chose to work with Bob and were highly satisfied.

Description of Work
Bob Bozek performed a 15 Point Roof Inspection for us prior to the start of snow/ice coverage, to check for issues that bad weather could exasperate. He spent one hour on the roof finding shingle nail pops, two chimney cracks, gutter nails unhinged, leaf-filled gutters, and screw-missing vent covers. All issues were captured by his phone-camera to show and review each problem and what was required to repair it. The inspection was $135. Bob said he could address each issue within the week, if we wanted the work done.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, chimney repair

12/29/2014

Daniel L.

EXCELLENT !!! All of the work was done perfectly. Bob is great to work with. I had a few projects that he handled and everyone came out well. he is very honest and reliable.

Description of Work
Built a deck, patio, fence, exterior painting, power wash

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, pressure washing, house painters, hardscaping

Dixons Dirt Stoppers

At Dixon's Dirt Stoppers, we believe that you work too hard to worry about a job done right. Let our IICRC certified trained technicians take a weight off your shoulders by restoring your home and maintaining it in optimal condition. Every service comes with our satisfaction guarantee. Offering Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Natural Stone and Tile Cleaning, and Pressure Washing. We are serving Cook County, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Lagrange, Lagrange Park, Hickory Hills, Palos Hills, Palos Park, Oak Lawn, Western Spring and Hinsdale

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

Award 2022
    MG Landscape

MG Landscape specializes in lawn care and snow removal/salting. Our other services include: Planting, mulching, snow removal, mowing, stump removal, fall/spring cleanups, weeding, lawn fertilization and pressure washing. We may not be the biggest, but that's exactly why you should hire us. You will have our attention and will be greeted with someone that´s happy for your business. We will always give you a very affordable price, and will enjoy the work being done.

Award 2022

il-99876
    Check, PayPal

Any and all LANDSCAPING, any and all HOME IMPROVEMENTS, any and all HANDYMAN, Painting, Emergency Service, HOME INSPECTION, WATER AND FLOOD REMEDIATION, BOARD UPS, HOME MAINTENANCE, PLAY SETS, TREE HOUSES, TREE SERVICE, DESIGN, and more...

I do all home improvement and landscaping jobs from A to Z. I do seasonal jobs. I do any and all home and yard maintenance jobs. I do not do new roofing and I do not do new major electrical and plumbing.