Light fixtures are the jewelry that accessorizes a room. Like furnishings and decor, lighting adds personality, helping bring your style to life. Read ahead for eight creative, unique, and cool lighting options that are both beautiful and functional.
Get matched with top lights in Charles City, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local lights.
Recent Lighting Reviews in Charles City
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one read less
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done read less
- Thompson Electric CompanyWork done quickly and professionalloy. Technician cleaned up after finishing work. Technician was polite and quality of work done was excellent.
- RIDGWAY ELECTRICI called Scott Ridgway for a quote. He was polite, straight-forward, and professional. I was building a new garage and needed it wired. I had already gotten 2 other estimates and Scott's was the lowest. I told him I wasn't sure when it would be ready for him and he said to call him when I knew and he would get started on it as soon as he could. When my garage was ready to be wired I called Scott and he and 2 of his employees met with me and my fianc e. Scott & his employees were very knowledgeable, explained everything in detail, and answered all of our questions. Within 2 days his people were there performing the work. They had the garage completely wired and the lights installed within 2 to 3 days. The city inspected it and it passed. The entire experience was made so much easier by Scott and his employees read less
- PK ElectricReceptionist was friendly and helpful and I was able to get an appointment set up for 3 days after my call. Electrician was prompt and courteous and told me exactly what he was going to do and what the estimate would be based on the outcome. I would definitely use PK again.
- Laura's DesignsLaura was the project manager and the consultant. She was very attentive when I told her what colors I liked and what features that I wanted to include in the remodel. She came back with appropriate choices for me. She did all the shopping for me and let me pick from five or six different design choices. She was very willing to work with local contractors as well as bring in contractors that she knew to be reputable. The local contractors I knew personally. The contractors that she brought in were very respectful of my home and they worked very hard. She had brought in some innovative ideas that were well appreciated. She was conscious of keeping the project moving along. They wasn't much down time and she kept it moving along as quickly as possible. I would undoubtedly recommend her to anyone. Very easy to work with read less
- Johnson Plumbing, Heating and Air ConditioningI recommend this firm with no qualifications. Their work is professional, their workers are top-notch, and I would not think of using another firm.
- Thompson Electric CompanyElectrician that came was a great guy and knowledgeable. We had a couple of estimates done and Thompson beat them both out. We are so glad we had them versus Lewis Electric whom we had out before for some other work. I wouldn't even blink an eye on hiring Thompson over Lewis again. We are going to have some more updating done again and will call Thompson. Lewis electric used to be on Angies List and I didn't have a chance to rate them or their work. Very irresponsible and dishonest about their work quotes. Charged me for much more that was verbally quoted. Would not recommend. There was a clear difference between the two companies, pure professionalism from Thompson read less
- K&C ELEC-PLMB-HVAC,INC.This was a monstrous project and they did all of the heavy lifting. They were considerably more affordable than the other quotes we received for all of the work and they did. They saved us money by fixing our furnace instead of trying to install a new one and offered a few recommendations that turned out great. They were at our house right away whenever we had an emergency. That said, when they were busy with other big projects it was harder to get them to come out to take care of some of the smaller details. Our house is over 100 years old so I'm sure that I will call them again for more help read less
- Thompson Electric CompanyThey came and did an emergency call on the weekend when all of out lights went out and come to find out, our whole electrical panel needed replaced. We paid over $100 for 2 fuses that we used for 4 days before they replaced and upgraded our whole electric panel. The tech was very nice and said that he would see if they would credit back to the bill the 2 fuses since they were only used for the 4 days, we didn't get the credit/refund, but we atleast asked. The tech did leave the old electric panel with the fuses inside. the work quality was excellent, but if you use them-make sure you keep all of the parts you paid for or you will still get charged and they will keep the part(s read less
Lights in Charles City
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be done read lessCory C.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear.. read lessRecent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339 read lessRecent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.co read lessRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business. We have flooring, lighting, 4 lines of cabinets, countertops, and much much more.
- Business Description:Full service electrical contractor serving the North Iowa area. We use flat rate pricing that guarantees the price we quote is the price you pay, no surprises when the invoice shows up.
- Business Description:We are a family run full service electrical contracting company based in Sioux City, Iowa. No project too big or small for us.
- Business Description:At WISHEKS we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the rare occasion you receive a product that you just don't like or that doesn't match your décor, our experienced Customer Service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy. At WISHEKS we want you to get exactly what you want and with our world-class product selection y.. read less
- Business Description:We have 3 employee's at the moment. Depending on size of job. Half is due upfront before work is started.
- Business Description:USA Alarm is a national company that has more than two decades of experience and an award winning command center that protects more than 700,000 homes and businesses through the United States, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We have offices located throughout the US, with two main offices in Indianapolis, Indiana and Post Falls, Idaho read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Lighting articles
There are three main types of light bulbs on the market: incandescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Keep reading to find out which light bulbs are the best for your space.
Baseboard heaters can be an excellent option for homeowners on a budget. This cost guide will help you determine what type of baseboard heaters work best for your home and what factors influence the overall project cost.
Find lights in
- Nora Springs
- New Hampton
- Shell Rock
- Saint Ansgar
- Mason City
- Le Roy
lights in Charles City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- IA ElectricPO BOX 694
- IA Electric
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC1605 N Court St
- RIDGWAY ELECTRIC
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc
- WISHEKS5322 W 79th St