ATA Family Pest Solutions

Founded 1967 • With Angi since December 2002

75 N Broad St

Winder, GA 30680

ATA Family Pest Solutions is a family owned and operated company serving Metro Atlanta and Northeast Georgia reliable service for household pests, termites, mosquitoes and more. &nbsp As a family owned business, ATA is not bound by strict corporate policy. Our family is just like your family. We understand when you may have a problem with a scheduled appointment or have to be late with a payment. Many customers may need service after hours or on weekends due to work or family responsibilities. We, at ATA, are committed to providing service to your family according to your schedule and to your satisfaction. All of our technicians are registered with the Georgia Department of Agriculture structural pest control division and receive accredited hours of classroom instruction as well as field training on a regular basis. All technicians are drug tested and pass a background check prior to employment. ATA is a member in good standing of the Georgia Pest Control Association. Main phone: 678-235-5280...

03/29/2019

Angela M.

Kevin showed up when promised, was professional and explained everything he did. Great service!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior of house was treated.

02/02/2019

mark B.

I been using them for years and they been reasonably reliable.

Description of Work
They came a did a regular routine for pest control.

10/09/2017

Bradley E.

We've had quarterly appointments from ATA for about a year now. Though our bug problem has gotten better, we've still had bugs the entire time. We have begun trying other exterminators to see if they can finally eradicate our pests. About $89 per quarter.

Description of Work
We had ants and small roaches in our kitchen

09/19/2017

JOHN K F.

They did such a great job I contracted with them to do quarterly spraying. Price is very good and service has not declined.

Description of Work
Outside spraying for bugs ,ants and spiders.

04/28/2017

donna P.

It was fine, nothing special nothing bad. They did pest control inside and perimeter control outside of the house. They were fine, they did what they were supposed to do. They gave me a price quote to work, very congenialperson that did the work. The work took all day and they didn't stop working, all in all it was good.

Description of Work
We use them for termite protection.

Category pest control

Thanks for taking the time to review, [Member Name Removed]! We hope to exceed your expectations in future appointments. Matt Alexander

04/18/2017

Laura K.

Despite several other comments that mentioned the lack of response, I called and spoke to the woman who answered the phone. She assured that the termite guy would call me back to schedule an appointment. I have never received a call. I can understand a mix-up or two about not calling back, but I am glad that I will not be using this company. What if I actually needed their services and wasn't just trying to give them business???

Description of Work
Quote for termite bond

Category pest control

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience. Thanks to feedback received from customers and reviews like yours, we have made changes to the way calls and scheduling is handled. If you ever find yourself looking for termite or pest control service, please give us a second chance to prove that we value our customers and respond to calls promptly. Thanks, Matt Alexander

04/17/2017

Mark B.

They did a great job and were very responsive.

Description of Work
They sprayed the interior and exterior for pest prevention.

Category pest control

Thanks for the positive review, [Member Name Removed]! It was our pleasure. We look forward to working with you in the future. - Matt Alexander

03/12/2017

Samantha D.

The termite treatment A&A performed was more thorough than any other company had discussed--we had some built-in shelves along two walls of the attached garage, and rather than try to take apart the shelves or just not treat that wall, the guys with A&A drilled diagonally through the cement. Afterward, they sealed up all of the holes they had made to the extent that you can't even see them unless you're looking on purpose. As for the squirrels, Matt was on point there too--he crawled far into the back of our attic, found an electrical wire the squirrels had gnawed on and one place the squirrels were getting in, and even took pictures to show us these things. We ultimately opted to go ahead and get a full exclusion treatment done. The one squirrel caught in our exclusion trap one evening was promptly picked up the next morning, and we haven't heard scratching or scurrying since! When the squirrels attempted to chew their way back into the attic in different areas this winter, Matt came back out to perform our annual re-inspection and made sure they hadn't actually succeeded. While there was no money in it for him, he recommended purchasing a trap from Amazon to use year-round for catching and re-homing the squirrels who have memories of being inside the house, since they will keep trying to get back in and if ATA were to handle the trapping it would understandably cost $$$ each time they had to come out. That's who he is and who ATA is--honest people who want to solve your problem, even if the solution doesn't involve them.

Description of Work
We contacted multiple pest control companies for help with squirrels in our attic and a Termidor termite treatment. Matt with A&A did the most thorough inspection of any of them, and ultimately found active termites where no one else had--even the company that did the home purchase termite inspection we paid for. Matt has also sprayed our home to help get rid of carpenter bees.

Category pest control, animal removal

Hey [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! I believe you've also recommended us on [Redacted] a few times. Thanks for that as well!! We try to go above and beyond the run-of-the-mill necessities of services and it sounds like we succeeded at your property. We look forward to seeing you at future appointments! - Matt Alexander

02/22/2017

Moolamattom G.

It was very good. Good price. The insecticide had no odor or something. The product was a healthy one.

Description of Work
Pest control.

02/16/2017

betty B.

They were good. They came out when they said they would and treated for termites and other pests.

Description of Work
$59 for a Preventive Interior and Exterior Pest Treatment

11/11/2016

Jason D.

The service was extremely unprofessional. I am a lawyer and landlord. I have properties in Altanta and live out of state. In short, A&A provided the service. But, in the process, went out of his way to frighten my tenant over the issue. He was in constant contact with my tenant telling her we had an immediate situation. And, he offered me a follow up service for $1,000. So, my tenant was in a panic. He was using her to try to get me to sign up for the follow on service. There was a pest issue at the house. No question. But, I was distributed by the sale technique. Very, very unprofessional. Very unethical. I told him to pick up his stuff. I used another service provided.

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control

Yes, [Member Name Removed]. The tenant was a little freaked out that she had rats, but it sounds like she got the impression that you weren't going to have anything done to keep the rats out. When it comes to communication between the renter and landlord, I always provide the details of my findings to the buyer of the Angie's List deal or whoever called us out. In no way did I go "out of my way to frighten" the tenant. The only thing that I told them was that they had rats and that, whether it was A & A or another company, some work needed to be done to the home to keep them out for good. I specifically remember trying to make her feel more comfortable by letting her know that it wasn't a very large infestation. That's it! I'm not sure what she said to you, but my educated guess is that it was a typical call for help wondering if you were going to have further work done to keep them out. I assume that that call didn't go very well and that you maybe gave her the impression that you weren't wanting to take the necessary steps to resolve the issue. I don't see any other reason why you would get the idea that I went out of my way to frighten her. Nothing but facts and information were shared. All of this miscommunication and your preconceived notions about me could have been addressed and settled. However, every time I asked you what the problem was, you kept avoiding the question and wouldn't tell me. You just kept saying you were going to put it in a review. At no point was I 'extremely unprofessional' or unethical. As you can see, my service is highly rated on Angie's List. The treatment you and your tenant received was no different than I have given anyone else. If you would have given me an opportunity to discuss things, perhaps you could've seen it from a different perspective.

10/31/2016

Amit A.

went well. The provider did both indoor and outdoor perimeter service. I have not seen any pests since then

Description of Work
indoor and outdoor pest

10/31/2016

Grace H.

It was great. They were very professional. They were always on time with the appointment. They came in and did the analysis. They removed the raccoon. We were happy. I referred them to a couple of friends. They were extremely dependable. He called and let me know where he was. He was extremely dependable and professional. He explained what the issue was and what he could do. We would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for A&A Termite & Pest Control. They did the inspection and they removed a large raccoon.

Category animal removal

10/24/2016

ROBERT G.

Matt did fully competent work. He did even more work than we had agreed to (outside tree limb cutting). He was always-agreeable to work with. He took the time to show me where all the "entry points" had been sealed closed. He came back to my house numerous times to check the traps.... for any rodents which had been "locked" inside the house, following his exclusion measures. I fully received all of the services that i had paid for.

Description of Work
Rodent exclusion (sealing all around the house to prevent entry)

10/19/2016

Peri T.

After the appointment was scheduled Matt arrived at my home and did an analysis, once the entry point was identified a trapping cage was placed over the entrance. Matt informed me to contact him once I saw a squirrel in the cage and within two hours a squirrel wonder into the cage. I contacted Matt who returned immediately to remove the squirrel. To verify that there were no more squirrels remaining in my attic the trapping cage was left attached overnight, and sometime during the night another squirrel wonder into the cage. Matt was notified and quickly returned to remove the squirrel from the trapping cage. Since there appeared to be no movement in my attic after the removal of the second squirrel Matt covered the entry point with metal and he also addressed any other issues that he saw as a concern. Matt always informed me of what his plans were, what my options were, and the best possible solutions to my problems were. Matt always communicated with me timely and professionally. I am happy to say that I was able to sleep all night for the first time in a long time.

Description of Work
To remove squirrels from my attic.

Category pest control, animal removal

10/17/2016

Cullen V.

Didn't catch the squirrels, but know how they are entering and can remedy that now.

Description of Work
Traps set for squirrels in attic

10/07/2016

Kenneth D.

As far as I can tell it went very well, I would hire these people again

Description of Work
Pest control interior and exterior

10/05/2016

Jason G.

The rep made an appointment and didn't show up at all the day of the original appointment. Rescheduled the appointment and arrived without any traps. Said he didn't see anything but would go get some traps and be back. We haven't seen them nor heard from them since.

Description of Work
Rodent trapping/removal

09/12/2016

Daniel H.

Daniel from A&A showed up on time and did a great job. It took a while to here from A&A after buying an offer on Angie's List, but after they reached out everything went well.

Description of Work
General pest control including interior and exterior of home

09/09/2016

Jason W.

Daniel was awesome! I was selling a home and with a short window of time before closing. Daniel made sure that the work was complete and done to satisfaction. I would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Rodent service

09/07/2016

BJ H.

Great service from these folks. They returned phone calls promptly and scheduled the next day. Pleasant, easy to work with, honest and good value. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Rodent extermination and sealing house.

08/08/2016

Hanna W.

Matt was able to schedule an appointment with us on very short notice and he was knowledgeable and helped to explain what needed to be repaired. We were given a very reasonable quote and were very pleased with his service.

Description of Work
Rodent Evaluation/Assessment

07/04/2016

Sandra F.

Perfectly. They sprayed the exterior of the house to remove the ants and they inspected the attic and set traps in the event there were squirrels. No squirrels were found and they certified the results for the buyer. Awesome job

Description of Work
Ants and certify no rodents in a house I was selling.

06/10/2016

Carmyn R.

I was asked to call Angie's List and request a refund and rebook with another provider.

Description of Work
In need of an exterminator I searched Angie's List for great deals around my service area. After looking at a few, I was drawn to A&A Termite & Pest Control's advertisement for $89 for a Preventive and Exterior Pest Treatment. I clicked out of Angie's List to visit their website as I always do before hiring a service provider. I looked around on the site and scrolled to the very bottom where they list over 60 service areas including Atlanta and parts of Greater Atlanta. Well I'm in luck, I actually live in Atlanta!! To take it a step further before I just take the website's word for it, I call the number on the site around 9:30am to ENSURE they service my particular area before purchasing the coupon. A lady answers the phone, I explain what I am looking to have serviced and she asks me what area I live in. I said "Cascade area, 30311." She asks me what city in which I reply Atlanta. She states "YES" we service that area. I replied with "Great, should I make the appointment with you or purchase the coupon and request my times there?" She put me on a brief hold to confirm with someone before coming back to the phone and instructing me to purchase my coupon with my requested times and someone will be contacting me shortly. So naturally, I did just that. I purchased the coupon and requested a next day appointment. Around 11:45am I hadn't received a call to confirm my appointment time so I thought I'd give a call back. The same lady answered and asked me again what area I was in and I again confirmed Atlanta. I mentioned that I purchased the coupon and wanted to confirm my appointment time and she placed me on hold and a gentleman picked up. I recapped the events of the day with him. He explained that he had seen my order come through, but stated that they didn't have any weekend appointments available and I asked for him for the first available day and time they had. He then asked me my service area and added asking me for my county. For the 3rd time today, I stated Atlanta, the Cascade area and told him Fulton County. He stated that they didn't service that area, they only serviced the North Fulton area. Interesting right??? I told him all the steps I took that brought me to this point and that I called and specifically asked if my area was covered before calling. He politely apologized for the error but stated that they could not service me. I asked him what I should do now and he informed me to call Angie's List to request a refund. What a huge inconvenience that could have been solved with the following: 1. Update your website to reflect the areas you ACTUALLY cover 2. Educate your phone reps on what areas you ACTUALLY cover. They should not simply be asking for city since you clearly don't service the entire city of Atlanta. Instead, they should be taking zip code which is what I offered her originally and she refused.

06/05/2016

Yolanda T.

Danny the technician was great. Very knowledgeable and explained all. Instead of being fearful to enter rooms, within 24hrs I was vacuuming dead bugs. I will definitely use again

Description of Work
Treated inside and outside the home. Home was having constant spider problem.