R Wiley Heating & Air

Founded 1986 • With Angi since December 2012

Super Service Award Winner for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013 | HVAC Contractor | Owner Operated by Robby Wiley | We are a local Heating and Air Conditioning company in the metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. We offer FREE ESTIMATES on installations only and financing options including 18 months same as cash on all equipment and 60 months same as cash for certain equipment. We provide services to residential and small commercial customers. I have been in the industry for 30 years and enjoy helping my customers maintain their equipment and overcome issues with their equipment. I will work with you and offer recommendations based on your needs. I will make myself available to answer questions you may have without requiring a service call, again I enjoy what I do....

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

HVAC Companies (1035)electrician (35)air duct cleaning (13)gas fireplace repair (3)chimney cap repair (3)gas leak repair (2)fireplace services (2)handyman (2)chimney repair (1)chimney sweep (7)lighting (2)firewood company (2)

08/29/2021

Robert S.

Tech was able to diagnose and repair issue. Changed capacitor and power leads as well charged the coolant.

Description of Work
AC blowing warm air

Work Completed On 08/28/2021

06/10/2021

Martha T.

This was my second quote and this company is amazing. Quickly identified the issue, changed the motor, provided a filter and made sure everything was working on one trip within a few hours. The previous company (Air Pros, LLC) said it was unfixable and tried to sell me a new unit over $6k which was a huge scam. Don't go to those guys, work with this family owned honest business. Keep in mind HVAC repairs in many cases are not cheap, I own 3 houses and have paid several hundred or more when an HVAC is old and need repairs.

Description of Work
HVAC Fan Motor Out

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

03/02/2021

Kristin C.

Very professional, trustworthy and friendly.

Description of Work
Tuned up and fixed my AC/Heat Units.

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

01/05/2021

Joseph M.

The service was pretty good for me. Quick response, professional technicians, very respectful of your property, they come and put coverings before they start working. They are the only company that I use on a regular basis.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance and repairs on my Air conditioner.

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

06/09/2020

Sachin B.

I was a bit surprised by the final bill. I indicated that the Freon might be low and he quoted me the price per ounce of Freon. I asked him how much of the refrigerant I would I would need. I was by weight and and I just had to go by his word that it took 4 ounces of refrigerant which costed me almost $400. He also recommended me to get sealant injector which cost me another $275. Overall I had to shell out around 675 $ along with the initial for $35 for For maintenance charge strangest list. I expected that I would not be charged for another $35 for maintenance if I payed so much for the actual work. Overall I think it was very expensive job and let’s see if the sealant does its job or not before the gas runs out.

Description of Work
Called in for routine maintenance of HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

It was actually 4 pounds of refrigerant. And the price is in line with the industry, with a good many of our competitors prices being higher. It isn't an arbitrary number, these services are expensive and are calculated using software. A lot of companies will not offer sealant and will only recommend replacement if your equipment instead. I hope this information is helpful in easing your mind about the service we provided. Thank you, Robby Wiley

06/03/2020

JAMES E.

Prompt. Very professional. Whatever they do they do it correctly. I am happy with the company.

Description of Work
Tune up on the A/C

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

03/30/2020

Donald G.

He was able to diagnose the issue, and while he wasn't able to actually fix the problem, he was able to discuss my different options and still left me feeling as though his visit was worth it. I will definitely be recommending them, and hopefully able to use them more in the future.

Description of Work
A/C Unit isn't coming on.

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

02/02/2020

Brian B.

Very well. They worked much better after that

Description of Work
Cleaned A/C condenser grills

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

10/31/2019

Greg S.

They have been here before and are ALWAYS great! I will be moving soon but previously had an annual agreement with them for regular maintenance, cleaning coils and tune up. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Description of Work
INSPECTION/TUNEUP

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

09/09/2019

G J.

The technician arrived on time and kept me apprised of each phase of his repair work. I decided to purchase a check up package which provides a Spring and Fall check on my system.

Description of Work
During a check on my indoor and outdoor units, the technician discovered I needed a new motherboard in my furnace. He was very professional and made sure my air was working properly before he left. I spent more than I anticipated, but the quality of the service and getting my air working again was worth it!

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

09/07/2019

ho J.

2month ago.i call this company for fix ac. when he come to fix .i was not there. when i come back he already left just took money without fix it...$525.00. . ..i call them why did you took money my ac still not work,..and you supposd to leave existing materials..i cant belive you.,they say we replaced part (contacteor. mfd run capacitor ) ..we cant fix bcs eletric problem. you call eletrict company. i dont have that part licence,,...i said you didnt fix the ac and still does not work....i ask stop payment bank for check..he said if you dont pay i will sue you.because your wife already signed invice. when you come to court we ill charge extra cost..he laughed at me.. i call another ac company..when they come check 10min he said you need fuse replace..replaced fuse than ac starting work. i call r wiley company..i explained ..just fuse replace...than they said ok..than just pay $180.00 i didnt talk to them anymore..i siad ok this company is the worst company ever !!!!!

Description of Work
i hope..pay attention to this company

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

There is A LOT more detail associated with this customer. There were parts burned up that had to be replaced. And yes there was a fuse blown. Most of the time, simply replacing the fuse is all it takes. In this instance, that is not the case. There was a very large refrigerator added on to the back of the building. In doing so, the Ac units had to be moved. The wiring that was done to accomplish this was done poorly, dangerously even. It is our job to identify these possibilities. It was recommended that an electrician get involved to bring the wiring up to code due to what was found. This customer would NOT hear this, and I'm sure badgered an electrician into simply swapping out the fuse (given the difficulty we experienced accomplishing EVERY task performed at the location by us).

09/05/2019

TONY J.

They were very good, responsive and did what they said they gonna do. I would recommend them to anybody. The owner showed up a couple of times. If I have a problem, they get here the same day and pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
They provided a service to my air conditioning and heating every year.

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

08/10/2019

Jennifer K.

Learned a lot about HVAC systems. System is repaired while other home improvement projects are being conducted. Can now budget for a replacement.

Description of Work
Evaluation of Cooling System & Repair/Replace estimate

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

06/01/2019

Michelle R.

The did not come out. Cool Air come out to service my HVAC.

Description of Work
They reported they came out but it was a different comonay

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

We are sorry you received a review request for service you did not receive. Reviews are sent out based on deals claimed and you claimed a deal from our company. We never reported that we came to your location. I’m not sure how this warranted an F rating.

05/31/2019

Anissa W.

Very good. Initially I hired for only refill freon, but figured something else was wrong. They fixed it and now sitting cool

Description of Work
Fix AC leak

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

01/19/2019

James F.

The third time did not go well. I have turned them into the better business bureau.. When I saw my electric bill double like it did I got another person to come out and get it operating correctly. Without the heat strips and he go the air conditioning system to work properly too. It did not work when he got here. Now the system works correctly, But not because because of what Rwiley did. I needed a different tech to come out and fix it. He charged $125.00 All is well now.

Description of Work
The first time Kenneth came out he analyzed the heat pump. I can't read his receipts he gave me. He got the AC working with a jumper wire. The second time he came out He found the mother board to be bad and had ordered one. When I got it I called him and told him I didn't need heat at that time. The third time he came out he installed the mother board. I paid him cash. Just before he left he said I had to run the system on emergency heat strips. Doing that doubled that my electric I bill. I am going to take them to small claims court and ask for $367 to be refunded plus court costs and mileage reimbursement

Work Completed On 11/16/2019

The unit referenced in the complaint was not installed by R Wiley. All work performed by R Wiley is billable given that fact. The tech referred the owner to the company of origin multiple times since unit should be under warranty with that company. Customer declined to do so. Our tech spent many hours trying to contact the manufacturer tech support team. After finally reaching them, it was determined that the defrost board on the unit was bad. The board was replaced (after having to wait for it to arrive). The part was provided by the manufacturer, but the labor (time) was billed. Another problem occurred after that but with different symptoms. The tech again referred the owner back to the original installer (since labor and parts are warrantied through the original installer) and manufacturer, again, he declined saying they were crooks. The situation goes on and on like this, clearly needing resolution by the original installer and manufacturer. As we are neither, a bill will accumulate in an effort to achieve the desired end result, a working unit, which it was when we left the customer. If this equipment had been installed by R Wiley, we would be handling the issue for him. Since it was not, all work performed is subject to charge.

01/12/2019

Jennifer C.

From first contact to completion of service, everyone I interacted with was kind, polite, and professional. They made me feel like more than just a job, I felt like a valued customer, and this was my first time with them. Will definitely recommend, and call them in the future.

Description of Work
Minor HVAC repair

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

11/26/2018

LaCreacia S.

Great job and the technician did a excellent job advising how to maintain my system.

Description of Work
AC Tune-up for 1 unit

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

09/22/2018

Angie H.

Service went well. I would use them again I would recommend them. Leonard was my service guy and he was very thorough.

Description of Work
Replaced the regulator.

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

09/21/2018

James L.

Top drawer, great job! Finally have a system that works, excellent workmanship! Could not ask for a better company to work with.

Description of Work
Replacement of hvac system.

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

09/13/2018

CAROLYN W.

It went well. He made a mistake, and came out immediately and corrected the error

Description of Work
Can out to correct an error

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

08/15/2018

Joyce S.

They replaced a capacitor for $175 and put in 3 lbs of R22 at $75/lb with a sealant that cost $275. Then they cleaned the outside hot coil for $ 100. The total bill including the $39 Angie's list coupon deal I purchased from came to $814. Work was done 6/27/2018 and AC is working well.

Description of Work
AC not cooling.

Work Completed On 06/27/2018