AFFORDABLE ROOFING & GUTTERING

Founded 1991 • With Angi since November 2004

3.9

2130 silver hill road

Stone Mountain, GA 30087

7 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR GUTTERS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES....

12/16/2016

KAREN C.

He made the repair but his technicians ripped off the bottom part of two pieces of siding. At one point he said the repairs would be made for my siding. He never did send someone out. Later, I was told that he would pay for someone else to come out and do the repairs to my siding. I hired someone and sent the invoice to Jason but he has not paid for it or replied back to me.

Description of Work
We had a leak around our chimney and hired Jason to make the repair. He replaced some flashing.

Category roofing, siding

we did repair your chimney , which on another website( kudzu) you stated that we showed up to do the repair at christmas but on here it says january . We did reflash your chimney which per our last conversation was not leaking again , we did not however , damage any siding . I was surprised after several months to receive a call wanting a refund for damage that we did not do

03/03/2015

CAROL D.

This experience started off rough and went down hill from there. When I called I got an answering service. (I thought answering services were out of date since we now use cell phones.) The man that returned the call did not have the correct information from the answering service. I asked that someone call me about 1/2 hour before coming to the house so I could explain what I wanted. I also wanted to talk to him about gutter repair. However, the next day when I went to pick up the mail there was a proposal in with my mail. I don't know when someone showed up. I don't think this was handled professionally from the beginning and I will not use them in the future.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Removed member name], I apologize for the confusion on your estimate , obviously just a misunderstanding . We do have to have answering services though , if i had all calls coming to a cell phone I would not be able to use the phone because of all the telemarketing calls we receive.

10/22/2014

Susan L.

Description of Work
We had Affordable Roofing come out to give us a quote to replace a flat roof. The price was fair and they were very professional. In the end, we didn't have enough in our budget to hire them, but we will definitely contact them in the future if the need arises.

03/01/2012

David A.

It was the first time I've ever had a roof or gutters replaced, so I don't have a large sample size to compare his work to, but his price was very competitive and he and his crew did a good job and there where no surprises with time or money. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Jason and his crew came out and put a new roof and new gutters on the house.

01/19/2012

TED A.

Description of Work
Jason is a very persuasive and frankly most personable man. While the roof was guaranteed for 20 years or so, it started leaking within 4 years. He was most helpful in sending his people to fix it at different times but to no avail. Finally he pointed out that it was the skylight that needed to be replaced. The skylight had been there for sometime before the roof repair. He set up a date when his people would replace the old with the new skylight. By the time they came a year rolled around and when they did the workers repaired the roof but they had not brought the skylight replacement as they were not aware of that issue.Fortunately, this time the repairs were done well. Because the ceilingin a couple of rooms had been damaged by the roof leaks Jason agreed to send his people to paint the ceiling. He never did. In sum, he is a good man and means well. Unfortunately, the guarantee about his work is simply not there.

Category home remodeling

Member, the shingle on your home is a 25 yr shingle however we do a 5 year labor warranty, i do apologize for it taking a few trips over a year to find your leak, the skylight only leaked in heavy heavy rain . We did not install the skylight since you wanted to leave the existing ones with the new roof install , which is fairly normal. Since the seal of the glass of a skylight that we didnt install leaked , technically that had nothing to do with our labor but we went ahead and found and fixed it for you . Last i heard you were going to call me when we could come touch up your ceilings but i never heard from you . I am sorry that you feel that we dont warrant our service after making several trips and finding something that we didnt even install and fixing it for you at no charge . If we didnt warrant our work we would not have come back Out in the first place

04/05/2010

Gary W.

The individual sent by Affordable Roofing to do the work turned out to be a sub-contractor. After the job was completed the roof leaked. Even though the leak happened within the warranty period Affordable Roofing would not stand behind the warranty due to a disagreement with the subcontractor. After much debate, Affordable Roofing offered to repair the work at cost but at this point I was so frustrated that I decided to hire a different company to do the work. I would not use this company again.

Description of Work
Replaced a portion of the roof.

The member did receive an estimate from Affordable Roofing to do some work , however , in an attempt to get a lower price , he persuaded Affordable's repair man to do the work off the record and he paid the sub directly, going around Affordable Roofing to get a cheap deal. When the member called about the problem , I looked through the files and could not find where Affordable had been authorized to do any work or had been compensated for any work. The member admitted to me that he had just used the repairman and paid him directly, I informed the member that we do not warranty work that we did not do or receive payment for but I would try to help him out by fixing his issues at cost . He could not get the repair man back out and the repair man was no longer doing work for Affordable Roofing. Had the member authorized Affordable Roofing to proceed with the work and paid Affordable Roofing for the work he would have had full warranty on the work.

06/27/2008

maurice C.

They guy arrived when he said he would and completed the work in the time frame he promised. I was anxious to get the work done and didn't get more than one quote. The fact that the work was completed in about 4 hours leads me to think that the price may have been a bit high but I'm not complaining.

Description of Work
Fix problem in valley of roof that had caused fascia board and soffit to rot.

04/07/2008

CHARLES A.

They did a real fine job.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on.

09/06/2007

MICHAEL M.

Affordable did a great job on my roof. I highly recommend them as they were clean and fixed all my leaks, even coming back a second time to do so without charge. They didn't fool around. They were here within days of my call and before the next rain. The men were very friendly and accommodating.

Description of Work
Affordable put a new shingle roof on my 3000 square foot home.

08/10/2007

KITTY A.

Mr. Collins represented the company with total professionalism and he had a high level of knowledge of the roofing business. He was prompt to meet me on site for an estimate where he thoroughly explained all work recommended, the costs of the project, and he readily supplied references. I obtained other estimates and decided to go with Affordable Roofing. Mr. Collins politely responded to all my questions. When the work was started, he was available by phone to respond to any concerns I had and he stopped by to check on the progress of the project. His crew was courteous and professional, and completed the work within 3 days (rain did occur during this time but tarps were used to cover areas as necessary). Each day, the grounds were cleared of debris and nails. I have had numerous compliments on the roof, as well as how the nice the yard looked each evening after workers left. I would highly recommend Affordable Roofing and Guttering for anyone needing these services.

Description of Work
Two roofs on the property were replaced-the job included removal of two sets of shingles, removal of four skylights, and replacement of rotted plywood decking in order to replace both roofs. Ridge venting was also installed.

04/26/2007

George G.

Contractor came out and gave me an estimate. The next Tuesday they came out and did what their bid stated on the estimate.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in roof and replaced cap on heater vent on roof. Removed and replaced shingles taken out where previous roofer had put nails in vertical bend of roof.

10/16/2006

KRISTEN W.

Not well. Roof leaked on two separate occasions two months after new roof installed. Both times non-English speaking "roofers" were sent to home. Leaks appear to be fixed, but other issues have gone unresolved, and owner does not return calls.

Description of Work
New Roof put on by previous owner in Spring 2006. Roof leaked two months later, and other issues needed to be resolved.

(The member) was not the homeowner who we did the roof for however our warranties do transfer to a new homeowner, there are a few companies named affordable roof repair,remodeling,etc around atlanta. (The member) must have been calling the wrong company since the first we heard from her was this report, however upon receiving this report we called her , went to her home and repaired a siding, not roof leak for free. we were told she was going to notify angies list to erase or modify this report. Later she told us that angies list said they cannot change the report, i do not know if that is correct or not.

10/02/2006

STEVEN T.

Jason was very professional and punctual. His price was very fair, and the end product looks terrific. His crews came on time and completed their work quickly. I look forward to working with them again on my next project.

Description of Work
Affordable Roofing performed the roofing work on a 1200 square foot addition at my home in Decatur, GA. They also removed and replaced the roofing on the existing portion of the house. After the roofing was completed they installed gutters and downspouts.

07/23/2006

WAYNE M.

The crew was on time and did a great job. They thoroughly cleaned up the yards of any old removed roofing and used a magnet to pick up old nails.

Description of Work
Removed two old roofs, repaired damaged decking, and re-roofed house. Replaced guttering on house.

Category roofing, deck cleaning

07/22/2006

JP S.

The person providing the estimate was courteous and seemed knowledgeable about the work that was needed. In addition, he explained to me why the problem existed.

Description of Work
A representative (Charles) was sent out within a day or two to provide an estimate. After looking at the roof and assessing the problem, I was given an estimate that I thought was a bit much to repair a ''dead valley.'' I phoned another company (DeKalb Roofing)for a second estimate, which turned out to be $380.00 less than the estimated provided by AR&G. To AR&G's credit, I was given a written detailed account of the work to be performed and a one year warranty on the workmanship. I got neither from DeKalb Roofing, other than a verbal agreement to come back out if the problem was not resolved.

11/14/2005

LAMBERT S.

IT TOOK TWO CALLS TO REACH THE OWNER. ONE OF HIS EMPLOYEES CAME ON SCHEDULE TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ESTIMATE. A SECOND EMPLOYEE ARRIVED ON SCHEDULE, DID THE WORK AS ESTIMATED, AND FINISHED QUICKLY. I AM SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE AND THE REPAIRS. NOW, I AM WAITING FOR THE NEXT RAIN IN HOPES THAT I WILL NOT NEED TO PUT THEIR 12 MONTH WARRANTY TO THE TEST.

Description of Work
ROOF REPAIRS ON AN 11 YEAR OLD ROOF, INCLUDING REPLACING VENT PIPE BOOTS, SEALING AROUND POWER ATTIC VENTILATORS, SEALING TWO LEAKING SKYLIGHTS, AND REPLACING AND SEALING A RIDGE VENT CAP ON AN ADDITION TO THE HOUSE.

11/21/2004

JERRY M.

JASON COLLINS IS THE OWNER. HE GIVES FREE ESTIMATES AND 5 YEAR LABOR WARRANTY. HE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND BUSINESS MANNERED. HIS CREW IS AWESOME! FROM THE BREAK OF DAY TO WELL PAST SUNSET THESE WORKERS STAYED BUSY WITH VERY FEW BREAKS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BETTER INSTALLED ROOF. TWO OTHER ROOFING COMPANIES GAVE $9000.00 & $13750.00 ESTIMATES FOR THIS JOB.

Description of Work
HAD TWO LAYERS OF ROOFING REMOVED, DAMAGED WOOD REPLACED, 15 POUND FELT UNDERLAYMENT INSTALLED, 60 FEET SHINGLE OVER VENT, 3 TURTLE VENTS INSTALLED, BUILT CRICKET AND RE FLASHED CHIMNEY, 25 YEAR GAF ROYAL SOVEREIGN SHINGLE USED, PUT BOOTS ON PLUMBING VENTS, PAINTED HVAC VENTS, CLEANED UP SURROUNDING DEBRIS & HAULED AWAY.

Atlanta Painting Company

The Painters YOU can TRUST! We are a full service painting company specializing in home improvements for residential homeowners and commercial businesses. We offer services such as Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Stipple Ceiling Removal, Popcorn Ceiling Removal, Flooring, and Gutter Installation. The Atlanta Painting Company proudly serves the greater metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area including: Buckhead, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Marietta, Johns Creek, Norcross, Suwanee, Duluth, Woodstock, Peachtree Corners and everywhere in between. We also have an office located in Peachtree City to better service our customers on the southside of The Metro Atlanta area. We have a project minimum of $1500, and Free Color Consultations have a project minimum of $2000. Additional e-mail: leads@atlantapaintingcompany.com.

Southeastern Gutters & Covers LLC

Cal ACC custom installations - More than GUTTERS

Our company is a family owned business committed to providing the highest quality services resulting in meeting or exceeding the expectations of our customers. Through teamwork and understanding, we constantly strive for continuous improvement, positive community involvement. Gutters and downspouts are critical to ridding the roof of water and getting it away from the home’s foundation. We also offer guard installation. Our 6″ K style gutters are capable of moving more water away from your home fast, even during heavy downpours. Gutters are an important feature of a home and can add value to anybuilding. They help to carry water away from the foundation, thus protecting the very thing upon which the home rests. Water is the most destructive force to any building, and is a silent killer that can eat away at the foundation of your house. The size most used today is a 6-inch gutter with a 4-inch downspout. The most common material is aluminum with a baked on enamel paint. Call us today Reach out to us and someone on our team will reach back asap 470 318 4388 cccustomgutters@gmail.com www.accmorethangutters.com Professionally Installed - Seamless Gutters - Install and Replace Gutters - Install and Replace Downspouts - Repair and Replace Section of Seamless - Install and Replace Gutter Guard/Covers - Soffit and Fascia Fully Insured Free Estimates Good discount

Offers by Cal ACC custom installations - More than GUTTERS on Angi

ROOFING, GUTTERS, FENCING, DECKS; TILE ROOF REPAIRS.