American Service Specialists

Founded 2014 • With Angi since July 2015

We are full service plumbers and general contractors....

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

plumbers (66)sewer cleaning (11)drain cleaning (8)water heaters (7)home remodeling (5)roofing (3)drywall (2)drain pipe installation (1)tile installation (1)

02/13/2021

michelle P.

This company stands behind their work I highly recommend them! We recently had our hot water tank replaced with a national brand; however, within 6 months the unit was totally out. We called them they showed up immediately and after it was determined that the defective part would have to be ordered and we would be without hot water for two additional days without hesitation they picked up a new tank replaced it no questions asked! Thanks, Carl, for all your professionalism explaining everything you were doing every step of the way.

Description of Work
hot water heater replaced

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

09/24/2020

Marianna E.

Carl found and repaired the leaks which were staining the downstairs ceiling. On our second call was for the outside faucet, he had to fabricate the part since it was no longer available for sale anywhere. We are grateful for his ingenuity, skill and care. Thanks to both Carl and Todd.

Description of Work
Upstairs bath leak and outside faucet repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

12/10/2018

Vitaly K.

Very well,technician was confident and professional

Description of Work
Replaced the faucet

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

10/31/2018

Gbolahan A.

I can imagine I trusted another contractor. Half work done, I paid in full. The guys was suppose to come back on Monday to finish his work. This is Wednesday he hasn’t show up. I have called their office numerous times, they won’t pick the call and when they eventually pick, they listen to the voice and drop the call. One question for the owner of this company though, do you think $173.91 is the only plumbing work I’ll ever need your company for? Companies don’t die in one day, it may take a couple of years. Just continue to count the number of people you cheat. Another contractor fraud.

Description of Work
Fixing falling sink

Category home remodeling

Cost $173.91

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/06/2018

April B.

I can't thank this team enough. They were out asap to get the water off. They gave me repair options without any pressure, and then did a fantastic job with the repair. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Hot water heater leaking and spraying everywhere AND we couldn't get the water to turn off

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

08/06/2018

Edye C.

They were incredibly responsive. Within an hour of filling in information on the Angie's list site, they were at my house. They did a perfect and professional job and, best of all, they charged nearly $300 less than the quote I got from Roto Rooter!

Description of Work
Unclog a bathtub drain

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

03/19/2018

RONALD F.

Price was reasonable and work was performed the same day as it was called in.

Description of Work
Replace fill valve and solder in a shunt in a pal hole section of a water line.

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

02/16/2018

judith L.

I cannot say enough about this company. First of all, they contacted me within 5 min of putting the request in. They were clear and concise with what was needed and had someone to my house within 2 hours. Amazing...

Description of Work
clear out shower drain

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

12/07/2017

woodie W.

The plumber was able to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time

Description of Work
I had a small plumbing issue that I need to be fixed fairly quickly. The were able to come out the next day, a Saturday, and fix the problem at a very reasonable cost.

Work Completed On 12/02/2017

06/04/2017

Neel D.

The job went very well. Todd responded quickly and scheduled the job. Technicians Andrew and Eric did a great job replacing the pipes, fastening them, replacing the valves, etc. They were very dedicated and worked through day and night in the cramped crawl space. They are also very personable and nice to work with. Very happy with the job and the staff.

Description of Work
Old worn out copper pipes in the house were replaced with Pex.

Work Completed On 12/22/2016

Thank for the great review, I will pass along the pat on the back to and Andrew and Eric. Regards Carl Forsman MP208338

04/21/2017

Paul B.

Andrew was a few minutes early and aside from show up for an appointment as promised, was friendly, helpful, and did exceptional work on two jobs. He was able to replace an old bathroom fixture which required breaking loose an old installation, and fixed another leak. He also took the time to explain what he was doing and offered a suggestion which will save me some money in the future. I have used them before and highly recommend these guys, for exceptional, work at great value.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in a shower, and replaced a failing bathroom faucet.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

12/15/2016

ARJEN J.

Miraculously, the plumber had it fixed inside 5 minutes.

Description of Work
A bathtub was not draining properly. Attempts by myself to fix this failed.

Work Completed On 12/11/2016

10/24/2016

Jean T.

Very responsive and reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking pipe on outdoor faucet.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

05/03/2016

Douglas C.

We had occasion to recently utilize American Service Specialists to fix a plumbing as well as air conditioning issue. This company is a Diamond in the Rough because of the talented people they employ. Carl and Keith separately came to our home and listened to us to truly understand what was occurring with our plumbing and air conditioning. These folks are not your ordinary run of the mill service technicians-they had both the technical and interpersonal skill sets which gave us confidence that they would correct the problem the first time. They really knew their areas of expertise. Additionally, they went over and above what was required to make sure that we were satisfied. Finally, their pricing was fair. if you have plumbing or HVAC needs, call American Service Specialists. They will get it right the first time and you will really be pleased-we surely were.

Description of Work
Repaired plumbing issue Repaired HVAC issue

Work Completed On 04/30/2016

04/29/2016

Kathryn P.

I was shocked about the price I had to pay because all I needed was the flap replaced, but I went ahead and had it done because I needed it. That was disappointing. Now that I know the price of a toilet, and all I needed was a flapper, they charged me nearly $200. The work was done. I spoke to them on phone, and it's not only when they came out that I found out, so if they can give you an idea, it would be good. I would not use them again.

Work Completed On 12/29/2015

04/24/2016

Cora M.

We had an issue with sewer line back up into our finished basement. I called this company and they came out to inspect the situation and give us a quote. I was very busy at work that day and couldn't be there to meet them at the property. They said, "no problem, we'll take a look and get back to you." They called about two hours later and explained everything to me. They sent a video so I could see what was going on and the hydro-jetted the line to clear the issue. Then we had a similar problem just this month. I called them and they encouraged me to work with Dekalb county to get the line under the sidewalk and road cleared. The video they provided helped and Dekalb came out and did the work. Not many companies will tell you that they "don't want to sound like they're turning down business, but ethically there are other issues going on here." The bottom line is they could have shown up and provided the same service again but they knew there were other issues going on and talked me through how to talk to the county. In addition, these guys always respond in a timely manner. if you call at 9 am on Saturday, they call you back. You send an email on a weekend at 5 pm, you get an email back or a phone call. They might be a bit more expensive than other providers but they're honest and ethical.

Description of Work
Hydro-jetted sewer line, sewer line inspection and video of line.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 11/06/2015

03/24/2016

vinodh M.

It was good. They charged $11 extra.

Description of Work
They did plumbing.

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

03/16/2016

Roy B.

The first They replaced a kitchen sink faucet. They did an excellent job and were very inexpensive. They did it on a Friday night for me which was very convenient. I used them again after that service and spoke to Carl about a waste water drain line issue i was having. He came out and looked at the job and gave me a quote. They came a week later and found that some building debris was the issue for over 21 years. They had to remove some drywall from my ceiling to fix the issue. They limited the amount of ceiling that was removed from using a camera in the pipe. Once they were done, they came and fixed the ceiling and in the end the final price was lower than what they quoted me. needless to say, they are a fantastic company.

Description of Work
I've used them more than once for a couple of plumbing issues

Work Completed On 03/08/2016

03/08/2016

Mark S.

We have used American Service Specialists for two issues, one to come up with a solution for a tree blocked lateral sewer line where the County refused to take responsibility for the lateral line under the street and one to diagnose and correct an improperly installed sewer line on our property. In the first case American Service Specialists came up with a common sense approach to resolve the blockage rather than incurring a huge unknown cost of digging up our street. In the other case after months of water appearing on our lawn and the original installer of the sewer line failing to properly diagnose the issue, American Service Specialists properly diagnosed the issue and corrected the problem. In each case American Service Specialists acted in a highly professional and knowledgeable manner. They always came at the appointed time. They diagnosed an issue where others had failed and corrected the issue. They were highly professional and resourceful. I would highly recommend their use.

Description of Work
Investigated issues and remedied an improperly installed sewer done by another provider

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

03/03/2016

Sandy S.

I bought the "Ugly" water heater for a discounted price. It works fine and has a warranty also. Very happy!

Description of Work
Called Todd Pearson on a Saturday morning. When he heard that I had no hot water, he had someone come out that same afternoon and installed a water heater. Great communication, reasonable costs, and the company had other services as well. Having them come or this week to look at my HVAC too.

Cost $1,037.96

Work Completed On 02/27/2016

03/03/2016

Doug L.

very knowledgeable and courteous. Not pushy about additional services available. New cleaning technology that is more effective than the traditional snake method...

Description of Work
cleaned out the sewer-line from the house to the county sewer line.

Category plumbing, remodeling, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/15/2015

02/27/2016

Terri M.

A+ service and work. My home warranty refused to hold up their side of the bargain and we were forced to find a water heater we could afford and were lucky to find American Service Specialists! They gave us the best quote by 400 dollars and did quality work. This allowed us to get a spigot (which was also the best price I have received on it) installed! They are now our plumbers for as long as we may live here in Georgia! And we have gone through a few here so we are happy to have one more professional we can call on when needed!

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater and a spigot for my patio

Work Completed On 02/17/2016