Georgia Floors Direct

Founded 1993 • With Angi since November 2009

15004 Abercorn Ext

Savannah, GA 31419

Georgia Floors Direct is the low cost leader in flooring for any room in your home. We buy from the source so we are able to pass on the savings while providing high quality flooring. Whether your next project is hardwood or LVP / LVT Wood Look Planks, laminate, carpet, or ceramic tile, we want you to become a Georgia Floors Direct satisfied customer! With over a million sq feet of flooring let our experts help you and inspire you to find the right flooring for your project and at the price that meets your budget. Come visit us today!...

03/26/2020

Heather M.

I have been a repeat customer of Georgia Floors Direct in Savannah for years. The service is excellent and the prices are unbeatable. I have used remnants for my bedrooms and have always gotten an superior deal with fantastic selection. The contractors they use for install have always been polite, professional, and fast. I highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Carpet installed in bedrooms

Category carpet installation

Your support is sincerely appreciated! You are a pleasure and we look forward to the next time.

03/09/2020

jim C.

excellent love the product and store employees very helpful, the installers were very good. I am pleased with whole process. would recommend them.

Description of Work
floor install

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate the opportunity and very happy you are satisfied.

09/28/2017

David N.

Very well. We were completely satisfied with the product and the workmanship.

Description of Work
They installed new vinyl planks.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for choosing us!

06/05/2017

Doris A.

Good except the installer measured wrong according to the width of the carpet role resulting in a lot of excess.

Description of Work
New carpet

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for providing us the opportunity !

01/09/2017

Kathryn B.

Fantastic! He has worked for us ever since when we needed repairs, painting and even sent his crew to help us before and after Hurricane Matthew.

Description of Work
Javier Blanco installed the tile in both of our bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you for your business ! It was a pleasure to serve you.

01/09/2017

KELLY R.

Very well, installer provided exceptional service

Description of Work
Laminate flooring purchase/installation

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for providing us the opportunity !

11/06/2016

Patty P.

We have worked with Georgia Floors Direct in the past going back to 2007 and came back recently for a job that had to be done as a result of a slab leak. We worked with Gabe Albright and could not have been happier. Gabe was extremely knowledgeable and informed us of all of our options and was extremely professional as well. He made sure every need was taken care of. Now, unfortunately, 2 months later we have had another slab leak and the first person we called was Gabe. Cannot recommend a company or staff member more than GFD and Gabe. Thanks so much for taking great care of us! Patty Pierce

Description of Work
Flooring and installation for repairs due to a slab leak in our home.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for posting your review. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty.

10/31/2016

Michael R O.

It went well, the prices were within our budget and installation was inexpensive.

Description of Work
Needed 3 remnants for our rental.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for providing us opportunity !

08/23/2016

Richard M.

They were great. They had a payment plan. They showed up on time. I would tell a friend or a current Angie’s List member to use them because they are good.

Description of Work
I had my hardwood floors installed by Direct Flooring.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you sir for giving us the opportunity !

07/26/2016

Carl M.

Installer was on time, did a great looking job and vacuumed the floor when finished

Description of Work
Installed carpet throughout the entire house

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

We love our Villages customers, and that includes you ! Thank you very much.

03/10/2016

Judy O.

I had a horrible experience with them. It was supposed to be oak flooring. When you roll an office chair around, it puts groves in the floor. It was so soft. When you walk on it, you can see your footprints. I went down there and complained. They sent a guy with a camera here and said there was nothing wrong with the floors. I had to have someone else come in and sand it down and put urethane on it. Now it's nice and shiny and it hardened the floor a little bit, but there's still groves in it. It's a 5 bedroom house and in one of the bedrooms, it was laid on top of concrete and in some of the areas, it was impossible to lay it down on the concrete. So we had to cut some of it off to level it out. They refused to take any of the flooring back. I would never go there again. The product they sold me was inferior. They charged me top dollar for it. I should have went elsewhere. Next time I'll go to a reputable place that will stand behind their work. The photographer left his camera at my home but they told me the floors were fine. They hadn't actually seen the floors, since he left his camera here.

Description of Work
I purchased new flooring for my home there.

Category hardwood floor

Our business kept a file of notes on this job done eight (8) years ago. We advised the customer to purchase engineered hardwood flooring for the job. Engineered real hardwood flooring is more stable, and performs better with moisture exposure. The customer insisted on buying "what she had in the last house", solid wood oak flooring. The customer rejected our recommendation and called it "fake wood". We explained to the customer the solid wood desired should never be installed directly on to concrete slab floor. We warned the product they insisted on purchasing would carry no warranty from our company, as we had recommended against it.

Janice H.

We had earlier bought and had them install the laminate flooring.

Description of Work
Their installer had to come out and fix something with our laminate flooring.

Janice H.

It was fine. We had no problems. They came 2 different times. When we bought the laminate, they told us that they had 20 then we decided to do a larger area so when we went back to get more they didn't have any. They had to go through some gyrations to buy some back from another customer and that could have been avoided if they had known their stock when we bought it.

Description of Work
They put down laminate flooring. We bought and had their installer to put it in.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking your time to post your review. We sincerely appreciate your business ! Tim Fortson, Manager

Maureen W.

I ordered some flooring and honestly they forgot to call and tell me that it was in.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking your time to post your review. We sincerely appreciate your business ! Next time we will call you more promptly ! Tim Fortson, Manager

aj D.

This was a big deal purchase and it did not turn out too bad. They put in the floors pretty well. They came out and fixed them when we had a problem, but what I am hearing from my renters is that the same problem is persisting again and the carpet is starting to come up. I used the location in Savannah. I don't think they charged anything. My wife handles most of that stuff. To get a better grade from me they maybe could have had a little better quality control on the products that they are installing because that carpet keeps pulling apart.

Description of Work
They came out and did a repair on a carpet.

03/05/2016

Randall W.

I got a great deal on the tile I wanted, and the contractor they suggested did an outstanding job.

Description of Work
I purchased tile for both of my bathrooms from Georgia Floors Direct. They supply recommended contractors to do the install.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you for the opportunity you provided us. Its a pleasure to serve you! Tom Fortson, Manager

12/03/2015

Brett H.

Glue expensive but good. Guy had to come out twice cause didn't have everything. Nice guy and did a great job on the floors.

Description of Work
Provided glue and a guy to lay hard wood floors

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

We appreciate the business you gave us. Thank you and please come see us again !

11/24/2015

Maggie B.

The sales associates were very helpful. They do not have representatives that work for GFD who put down the floors but they have a list of contractors that have worked with them before. They were able to recommend a gentleman who did an excellent job. GFD was able to order everything we needed based on the contractors recommendation for qty's and had the supplies available within a few days which was earlier than their estimated time for it to arrive.

Description of Work
We purchased the tile, grout and thinset from GFD.

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you ! Please send us your friends, family and neighbors

11/08/2015

Erik H.

We have been especially impressed with the installer (Charles Reynolds & Crew) that they set-us up with. They came the very same week to install the floors so we could get moved into the home. The guys clean everything as they go along, seemed to work well together and were overall pleasant to have working in our home. The quality of their work is excellent and we are very happy with their work and would be happy to recommend them to friends and family. They did a majority of the work at the beginning of August, but we asked them to return to finish the kitchen after we had the cabinets installed. I called just a week in advance and Charles was extremely accommodating and quick to come in and finish it up for us.

Description of Work
We worked with Floors Direct to purchase and install (about 1000 sq. ft.) wood floors for the first floor of our home. They were competitively priced, had exactly what we were looking for and super easy to work with.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

We appreciate the report card and comments ! Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was a pleasure.

09/29/2015

David F.

Very cordial in showroom showing flooring options and making recommendations based on look and durability we wanted in new flooring. Made recommendations based on our existing flooring conditions. Proactive in offering applicable discounts for veterans. The installer (an independent contractor) they recommended was prompt and installed the flooring professionally taking time to explain different options for running the boards and applying trim around fireplace.

Description of Work
Sold new wood flooring to us and recommended installer to perform installation of flooring.

09/10/2015

Diane B.

I went to Georgia Floors Direct to look for carpet to replace our 25-year-old carpeting in the master bedroom and bath. ?I needed it quickly installed because some unexpected guests (my parents) were coming for an extended visit, and they would have to use the downstairs bedroom (they are in their 80s) and my mom has allergies that made our existing carpet -- old, stained, and full of cat hair and I'm sure many more allergens -- a problem. ?I dealt with Preston at GFD; I gave him a sketch of the area to be covered, and he estimated the amount of carpet I'd need and invited me to browse their stock, including a number of remnants, which were lower in cost, due to the fact that I only needed one room. ? I wanted a gray carpet, but with the amount I needed, none of the remnants would work, so I moved on to the rest of their stock. ?I found a beautiful charcoal gray short shag that was perfect, although a little darker than I was looking for, and after some discussion with Preston in which he pointed out a flaw (which I hadn't even noticed) I bought it and a new pad to go with it. ?The entire cost was very reasonable, just over $1000 for about 280 square feet including the pad. ?Preston gave me the phone number of one of their installers, who did the job within three days of my call. ?He and a helper arrived at about 10 am and removed the old carpeting and pad, cleaned the area, installed the new pad and carpet, and cleaned up and hauled away the old carpet within about 5 hours. ?They did not have to pack or move any furniture; I took care of all that, and its return afterward. ?The cost for the installation was only $160. The carpeting is beautiful and feels luxurious, was installed quickly and well, and the room and closet have a whole new feel. ?I have seen no signs of any problems, and I love it even more now, a month later, than I did the day it was installed. And, of course, my parents decided not to come after all! :) ?But the carpet is a joy for me every day.

Description of Work
New carpeting for our master bedroom and walk-in closet.

07/01/2015

Brett H.

They were on time and called ahead of time. Had to come out first and measure and make sure floor was flat. No problems whatsoever with them. Kinda expensive I think for one room but did a good job.

Description of Work
Laid hard wood floor in a room for me

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you for the review Mr. [Member name]. It is a pleasure to serve you, and please come see us again!

02/03/2015

john T.

I spoke with Preston, our salesman, who has always been helpful, when I picked up the carpet. He was genuinely apologetic about the issue which I know was completely out of his hands. He is the reason why we will return to purchase the flooring to complete our new construction.

Description of Work
This is an update to previous review. We were contacted by the store manager as a result of our poor Angie's List review due to a price quote not being honored and offered our product at the price originally quoted. I have raised the overall grade to a B since although the issued was handled, it should have been handled correctly from the beginning.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again - and make sure it goes perfectly !

07/20/2013

Myron C.

They were professional. They had to work between the rain with cutting the carpet in the parking lot. They were on time and prompt. I was there the whole time watching them and everything was good.

Description of Work
They installed 1100 square feet of carpet that we had purchased from an outlet. I called them on a Monday and they came out to do the installation on Wednesday.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you [Member name] for taking your time to post your review regarding our company. Please come see us again. We do appreciate your business !

07/15/2013

Don L.

Very well. The company was very helpful in matching my current flooring.

Description of Work
Sold hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Thank you Mr. [member name removed]. We appreciate your business, and thank you for posting a review.