Bartlett Tree Experts

Founded 1907 • With Angi since May 2010

Bartlett Tree Experts has been providing scientific tree care since 1907. A 3rd generation, family owned business, our mission is the maintenance and care of the health and beauty of trees and shrubs. We are an international organization, with offices in Canada, England and Ireland. Our Research Laboratories advises us about the latest technological advances in arboriculture and assists our arborists with training updates. The laboratory networks with professionals at universities, government agencies, and allied industry groups. This enables us to provide state-of-the art procedures and techniques to our clients. Our arborists consult with other professionals for common projects and community interests. Our unique position in the green industry helps us further arboriculture as a science and a profession. TCIA Accredited, ISA Member, TCIA Member. Also services Faulkville & Port Wentworth....

Action Hardscapes & Arborist

Action Arborist is a trusted family business in the heart of Hilton Head Island, also serving surrounding areas. Owner Dalton Rushing has a passion for working with clients to deliver a job well done. His down to earth demeanor, honesty, and strong work ethic are just a few reasons why customers love working with him. Dalton's work has branched out over the years, but he will always have a passion for landscaping. Dalton's drive took him to Georgia Southern University, where he graduated with a degree in Business and Logistics. While a successful farmer and landscaper in Georgia, Dalton turned to Hilton Head after Hurricane Matthew hit the island. He has always had a heart for helping others, and has enjoyed numerous charity projects while on Hilton Head. After meeting many wonderful people in South Carolina, Dalton decided to move his family to the island to continue making a difference. His passion to beautify outdoor spaces has become a dream come true. Contact him today for a free consultation and quote. Action Arborist is sure to deliver expedient and experienced results that will keep you calling back for more!

Offers by Action Hardscapes & Arborist on Angi
Charlie's Tree Service

D Brown Tree Service

Cut-downs, Trimming Trees, Firewood & Stump Grinding! Great Service at a Great Price!

12/17/2018

Arborist came out and was very personable and seemed knowledgeable. But then, when I had a second tree service come out and look at the same trees, that service pointed out that there was a badly diseased tree with a limb overhanging my house that needed immediate attention. How could an arborist miss that? Then, when Bartlett's quote for the trimming service arrived, it was outrageously expensive. So, I am using someone other than Bartlett to do the trimming and remove the diseased tree.

Description of Work
Tree assessment and trimming

05/24/2017

They have a local franchise in Savannah. The arborist that came out to do the assessment did an excellent job doing the assessment, but there were some communication problems between him and the actual tree trimmers that were doing the work. They all work for the same company, but they did not do the work that we signed an agreement on so he had them come back out a second time to follow up for what they were supposed to do the first it time. Ultimately they did what they were supposed to do, but it was just kind of frustrating to get them back out the second time. The price was a little bit high but a previous experience I have had with tree services most of them were just guys that have a truck and some chain saw, but this company had an arborist that came out and did an assessment first. He gave suggestions on what needed to be done. We just had Hurricane Matthew come through here in the Fall and he made some recommendations to try to protect my trees for the next time. I guess for the service I got the price was probably right. My neighbor just wanted trees removed the arborist actually told him they would be too expensive for him just to do tree removal and that he could recommend someone to come and cut things down. He provided more expertise. He did not come in here and just say chop everything down and they broke the proposal down into five sections. I could have all five things done at one time or I could have one thing down individually based on what I could afford. When they came they came on time -- when they said they were going to be there.

Description of Work
We ended up using Bartlett Tree Experts for some tree trimming. He cabled a sweet gum tree to keep it from splitting during a hurricane.

01/25/2017

Excellent. Great at determining scope of work needed, efficient, reliable, highly recommend

Description of Work
Trees cut down and removed, including a 40 foot pine laying on the roof

10/24/2016

If didn't . They didn't have the common courtesy to even return a call after they made an appointment ....terrible way to do business

Description of Work
Needed major tree damage on my roof due to storm. Called made an appt was suppose to get a call before the Thursday appt. Thursday came no show. Called the tech whose name I was given left message which he never returned. I then called the main office and they had a recording saying they were not taking any more customers......this after they already made an appt with me.....this caused a week delay trying to get another company out..have a major tree on my roof

10/24/2016

Pruning went great - saving will take time.

Description of Work
Prune and try to save an oak tree

09/06/2014

We contacted Bartlett on Tuesday 9/2/2014 to give us an estimate on removing a storm damaged tree. I was told they could not get out until Friday 9/5, because that is when they worked our area. I was concerned that this would be too long of a wait, because our tree had fallen into another tree and I was concerned it was going to come completely down before they could arrive. I told Bartlett that I was going to contact some other providers to see if they could get there sooner, but that I would call and cancel if I got someone to come out sooner. I never called to cancel the appointment, but they never showed on Friday and they never called.

Description of Work
Provider was scheduled to come out on Friday 9/5/2014 to give us an estimate on removal of a storm damaged tree.

Category tree service

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We strive to make our appointments promptly. At Bartlett Tree Experts, customer service is paramount, and should you require any future services, please do not hesitate to contact us. Shannon Baughman, Arborist

08/23/2014

Bartlett Tree Experts are outstanding. They are very knowledgable and efficient. Prices are very reasonable. Work is done in an expeditious manner. I highly recommend their service to anyone. Decided to also let them do some tree trimming later in the year.

Description of Work
Had two red maple trees that we thought were diseased damage. Bartlett examined and determined they needed fertilization. They were able to save the trees as well as consult on other shrub and tree trimming.

Category tree service

We appreciate your comments. We will continue to monitor the red maples for their health. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you see if see any issues with your trees or shrubs. Shannon Baughman, Arborist

08/02/2014

Bartlett's came out and did a full inspection of the trees on the property and did a comprehensive piecemeal estimate of work to be done with priorities. The declining tree in the back yard being the number 1 priority. They returned after being called when we were ready to take the tree down. We plan to continue to do tree care with them as they are very knowledgeable and comprehensive. Will have them treat ill trees as well as prune in the future to help preserve them. Great service, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Took down a declining tree in back yard.

Category tree service

Thank you for your comments. We strive to put together a comprehensive proposal that deals with the needs of each individual tree. We look forward continuing our services at your residence in the near future. Shannon Baughman CA, CTSP Arborist Representative

07/22/2014

They were great. They did a good job. They did a good clean up with pretty fast service. I was pretty happy with them. They were quick to respond, their appointment times were quick, and I don't think they make you wait that long. They came out when they said they were going to and cleaned up after themselves. Overall, I had a positive experience. I didn’t do any comparison shopping; so I don’t know if what they charged was reasonable.

Description of Work
I used Bartlett Tree Experts for tree removal and disposal.

12/09/2013

They did a great job. Shannon came out and gave me a fair quote on removing the very high, long limbs, and cleaning up the brush that grew up and over the house. The guys who did the job were professional and efficient, did a great job safely cutting the limbs. They chipped all the brush and cleaned up the leaves and sawdust. The climber should be recognized for an amazing job. It takes guts to do that job. He was quite high up, took his time to get the largest limb cut and worked hard at removing limbs properly so the tree would not be harmed. The guys on the ground got the heavy wood down slowly and safely. I was more than pleased at all the steps they took to ensure safety and do the job right. When they were done I was asked to walk around to be sure it was done as I wanted. I appreciated their professionalism.

Description of Work
Cut overhanging limbs and overgrown canopy over recently purchased home.

Category tree service

Dear [Member name removed], We certainly appreciate your kind words and we are very pleased that our crew completed the work to your satisfaction. We strive to ensure client satisfaction and safety, and we thank you for letting us know that both were accomplished. Please do not hesitate to give us a call in the future for any tree/shrub care needs on your property. Thank you, Shannon Baughman, Local Manager Megan Perez, Administrative Assistant

Residential & commercial pruning, cabling, bracing, insect, disease management, pest control, fertilization, plant diagnostics, soil testing, lightning protection, tree care, shrub inventories & evaluations.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa