American Moving and Storage

Founded 2008 • With Angi since March 2012

3.1

Rentals - Trucks

American Moving and Storage provides professional moving ans storage services for local, Intrastate, Interstate and International moves....

Essential Moving Company LLC

All The Right Mooves

Our Mission Statement: To express our integrity, work ethic and attitude by always doing the right thing,by outworking our competitors, by choosing a positive attitude and to foster a family environment. In short, do whatever it takes to meet the needs of our customers. Beginning with our in home estimate till the moment we place the last piece of furniture in your new home, Universal Moving and Storage will change the way you look at movers. We take the time to anticipate your needs, come to the job prepared, and stay until our clients are completely satisfied. We treat your possessions as if they were our own... from hand-packing every piece of crystal, to double-padding your fine woods and personal equipment. Our movers are specially trained in safety and handling procedures for your unique and fragile items. We can even provide storage for those items that you may not want to move immediately. Your move with All The Right Moves will not only be trouble-free, but also punctual. We use well-planned communication systems to track the locations of our vans and adhere to strict delivery schedules. When you arrive at your new home, All The Right Moves will be ready to unload your possessions and get you settled right in. 912.483.9360

Badie Moving Company

10/22/2016

Gene W.

Most difficult move in 40 years. Had inadequate truck, did not properly pack, had over 40 items damaged, delivery staff had no clue how to arrange the goods while loading, did not have protection for many expensive pieces and overall the absolutely worst moving company I have ever used. We had to go to arbitration due tot he claim and the owner was discourteous when we advised them of all of the damages and said we will not "get a dime" when we go to arbitration. Do not use American Moving and Storage or you will not be satisfied.

Description of Work
Moved household belongs from Georgia to South Carolina

05/31/2015

Pamela W.

The provider underestimated the job because he didn't want to come out and give an accurate estimate. The employees were disgruntled from the start of the job because it was larger than they expected and they threatened not to move us. They destroyed several pieces of furniture and were several days late in arriving when we were on a very tight deadline that they had previously agreed to meet. Ricky was extremely unprofessional and was very dishonest in trying to rectify this situation. It was so bad that I didn't even have the energy to fight them to get my furniture fixed because they make it so hard to do so. After a year, I just now feel like I want to revisit this situation to write a review. I don't say bad things about a company lightly because I feel like everyone has an off day but I would caution ANYONE that is thinking of using them. I believe Ricky, and their core values as a company, are seriously lacking and you hire them at your own risk.

Description of Work
Moved us from St Marys, GA to Richmond Hill, GA

Category moving companies

[Member name removed], My name is Kevin Allen. i opened American moving and Storage in 2008 but have not been here for the last 1 1/2 years while negotiating the purchase of the company, which I did so in January. I am truly sorry that you had such a bad experience. If you will contact me, I will for whatever I can to rectify this situation and hopefully get you to feel better about our company. 912-401-0362 Best regards, kevin

09/30/2014

John W.

Very impressed with work effort And dedication

Description of Work
Packers arrived right on time and worked very hard

02/23/2014

Daphne B.

Arrived a little late but called ahead. Started packing truck (3 men) at 11 am and we were in our new home by 6 pm. Took great care in packing and transporting all items. Very pleasant people and easy to work with. We would definitely recommend them to all our friends. Excellent service and price.

Description of Work
Moving all furniture & household goods (some needed packing, other items already boxed) from Beaufort to St. Helena Island SC approx 25 miles.

04/12/2013

Tamika J.

They arrived a little late due to trouble with the truck, but notified me of the delay. When they arrived, they were ready to work and were patient with me because i was still trying to pack as much as i could. I appreciated the fact that they made sure to point out items that were damaged prior to moving them and even suggested how I could fix them. They took great care to limit damage done to the walls of the house during the move in process, which resulted in the decision to place our large sofa in a room downstairs instead of taking chances by moving it upstairs as planned. They got everything done in 30 minutes under the estimated time, including putting my bed back together. The third man on the job didn't seem to do as much as the other two; however it was a relief to have them since I was packing and doing the move on my own.

Description of Work
I used American Moving and Storage to move the contents of our two bedroom apartment and storage room in Hinesville to our new house in Savannah.

06/14/2012

Meredith Ensley T.

It was a horror. It ended up costing twice as much. I couldn't get my furniture unless I paid the entire amount. It was ugly. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
National Van Lines moved my belongings from Georgia to Virginia.

03/26/2012

joy M.

This was a military move. It was a complete disaster from start to finish. The packers arrived on time day one. The two packers were very haphazard. Area rugs were packed with clean towels. Dog plankets were packed with clean clothes Unpacked items were left in closets and in kitchen cabinets. Only half of the items in outside sheds were packed. The packers took alot of breaks and were very excited about going to the St. Patricks Day Parade in Savannah the next day. They finished in roughly 3 1/2 hours to pack a 4 bedroom house. The packers informed me that I could put clean laundry in clothes baskets and the movers would move it. I ended up packing all of the unpacked items that were left by the packers. Day 2, the movers arrived 1 hour late. The movers informed me that the packers were wrong. That they could not move items in clothes baskets. That they needed to be in boxes with the top closed and taped. The movers left packed boxes in bedroom closets . A dollie, shovel, rake, weed eater and electric cord, water hose, parts of ice cream maker left in the shed along with other unpacked items. Empty dresser left in bedroom. Dog beds and unopened 40lb bag of dog food left behind. The movers took a screen out of an upstairs bedroom window and did not replace it. Boxes left in upstairs linen closet. This was the worst military move in 14 years of military service. There were so many things left behind that I ended up moving in my mini-van 10 trips of boxes and other items left behind by the movers of American Moving and Storage.

Description of Work
This was a military move. It occured over two days. Day one, packers packed all household items. Day two, movers loaded household goods to moving van and unloaded at new housing quarters.

03/18/2012

Linda S.

Moving and Storage recently moved our large family (of 12) across town. We had planned this huge move and were concerned when it started pouring down rain. However, the men were unfazed. They worked ten hours straight while children and pets ran around and the thunder clapped. Frank and Walker were excellent movers. Most impressive was their creative maneuvering of our enormous 4 poster bed and granite armoire from the second floor. They snaked their way down and we did not have to remove the rails, it was an amazing feat! We are pleased to post this review as we are grateful to AMS. They truly made the move painless.

Description of Work
American Moving and Storage moved us on March 3rd - we have 10 children and we had a ton of stuff and let me tell you they made it look easy! I made the right choice when I went with American Moving and Storage.

Category moving companies

Thank you Member. We appreciate your business and your review. Please tell everyone about us. :) We'll let Frank and Walker read your review as well. Please contact us whenever we can assist.

American Moving and Storage provides Professional Packing services, Loading/Unloading services, Moving services, Portable storage and Warehouse storage services, Budget truck rentals, Commercial relocations, FF&E projects, Piano moves, Safe moves and Free move surveys and consulting services.