Handyman Connection of Alpharetta

Founded 2017 • With Angi since May 2017

With over 20 years of experience in providing top quality home improvement and repair services, and backed by satisfaction our competitors can't match, isn't it time to give us a call? Whether you have small or large projects for the interior or exterior, we offer the quality you expect and the customer care you desire to make your home repair and improvement project dreams a reality today. Skip the stress of unlicensed or inexperienced contractors with the trusted quality of Handyman Connection. We offer both residential and commercial handyman repairs, call us today - One Call. One Connection.®...

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

4.4

handyman (24)woodworking (9)decks & porches (7)door installation (6)general contractors (5)cabinet refacing (4)home remodeling (4)drywall (4)deck cleaning (3)interior painting (2)house painting (2)siding companies (2)

02/22/2021

Tom F.

Haven’t done the project yet, just met with the contractor

Description of Work
none done yet

Category contractors

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/02/2021

Janie J.

The guy came out as scheduled and promised to send the estimate same night. I never received the estimate and I followed up several times. The office said he went out of town and they would get me the edate right away. I’ve heard nothing further even after I followed up multiple times. Horrible!!

Description of Work
Replace bifold doors with French doors

Category contractors

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

We apologize that we weren't able to get you an estimate in a timely fashion, but there was an unfortunate incident with the craftsman who came to your home & we didn't have anyone other availability in the schedule to pull someone from an existing job. We responded to your inquiries each & every time and even apologized for the inconvenience. We even attempted to call to offer sending someone else out to quote the project, but received no response, but... Thank you for your review.

01/11/2021

Diane B.

Great! Michael Fischer was on time, got to work, had to make a quick trip to Home Depot, fished the job. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet repair & assembly of kitchen island

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are delighted to hear of your experience.

11/20/2020

Carol K.

They never told me there was $150 fee. For these small jobs the cost would be $488. I was livid. They were very unprofessional when I was angry about everything. I asked them why they never said anything to me about the$150 fee. I would never have them send the contractor to my house. I would never use them and I think they are not a reputable company.

Description of Work
Rotted wood on window sill, hanging picture

Category handyman service, cabinet refacing

You were quoted appropriately for the work you requested. There were several projects that you wanted to have done that would have taken several hours to complete, if not more. These projects ranged from assembling an exercise machine, repairing & painting a rotted window sill, repairing a hole in the brick as well as other miscellaneous projects. We do let our customers know at the time of scheduling that we have a $150 labor minimum when we are sure that the scope would fall within the minimum cost, however we did not mention the minimum because the work you were requesting was clearly more than our minimum charge. When we spoke on the phone, you stated that you expected to have this work completed for $200, which I explained to you that would not be possible. As a courtesy, we offered a $100 discount, but there was no way we would have been able to complete this work for the price you wanted to pay. Thank you for your review, but in this particular case the negative review is unwarranted.

10/24/2020

Laurence M.

Great. Did a beautiful job and cleaned up afterword.

Description of Work
Replace a wine chiller in wine cellar and a small other job

Category handyman service, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

Thank you for your positive Review!

09/30/2020

gary A.

Perfect. They did what they said they would do and were very responsive. Cane in on time and on budget.

Description of Work
They built a beautiful boardwalk from our front deck to the front of our driveway so my wife could get to the car in her wheelchair.

Category decks, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

09/08/2020

Geoff Z.

AVOID THIS COMPANY I was referred to this company by a neighbor who had a positive experience so I figured when it came time to remodel my upstairs bathroom I gave them a call. I did all of the demolition work to save money and time, and bought all of the materials to expedite the process and I was not prepared for what followed. The first encounters were pleasant; they sent two separate handyman out the same day because of an error in their phone application, but one kindly left and I was given a survey and quote from "Brooks" to remodel by bathroom in phases. First mistake was thinking that this was a good idea, but I figured with his professionalism and the close relationship we made what could go wrong. Whoops. First big red flag was that they wanted to do the bathroom remodel in "phases". Mind you these phases did not have exact details of the work and how long they would each individually take. I figured since the demo was done this was a max of 3 days work so I did not mind paying extra to get good quality and professional help. First phase they charged me 8 hours of labor at 100 per hour to repair a sub-floor issue so I was immediately shocked by the price but continued their service because I figured "Ok, just a few more days right?". Wrong. Second phase consisted of another 8 hours worth of installing new green drywall. That's another 800 dollars just to "prep" the bathroom AFTER I did all of the demolition and provided all of the materials. Third phase took 2 more days of laying tile and grouting which was done backwards and incomplete in a lot of areas. Mind you it took almost three weeks to get this phase done, mostly because the guy had to cancel one day, reschedule a few more etc. At this point I'm wondering how it is taking this long to complete a super small bathroom and at this expensive of a rate. Just to recap I was deep 3200 at this point for a half finished bathroom and over three weeks of time. After complaining to the owner about the time and pricing they come back and tell me to complete the 4th and final phase they wanted another 3 days of labor or roughly 2400. This included installing 2 small vanities, installing misc. hardware, and wiring new light fixtures. This DID NOT INCLUDE patching and painting the previous drywall, reinstalling the toilets, finishing running tile under the vanities, removing popcorn ceiling etc. So I emailed their owner, they have a talk with their handyman, and basically side with him stating that they can come out and finish it at his quote and he is not willing to do anything else about it. Not send someone new to finish the job, not cut some of the price off, no accommodations at all. I'm not sure if they're aware or they just don't care, but their "contractor" clearly and intentionally did the project slow to jack up his hours on the job and make out like a bandit. Project was way too small for this cost, and I felt like I was getting screwed over on purpose the whole time. The job wasn't even done that well with noticeable discrepancies everywhere and wasn't even close to being done. (Pictures shown below). Since they didn't care to remedy the situation I called someone else literally the next day, who came out and did the entire job for 1/3 of the price these guys wanted to finish... IN ONE DAY. He had to undo some of the mistakes (pictures shown below) that ended up costing me extra but at least he didn't charge me some ridiculous hourly rate. He not only did the job way better and quicker, he even did some extras I had on my list like a hallway light, closet door install for a bedroom, popcorn ceiling and painting. Big mistake not getting a quote for an entire project upfront. I figured going with someone referred and "professional" wouldn't expose me to sneaky tactics and poor quality but I guess I picked the wrong company to own this project. I told my neighbor about my experience and he couldn't believe it. If you want professional and quality work at a reasonable price I would steer clear of this one.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

Review for Handyman Connection of Alpharetta - 600 Houze Way, E5, Roswell, GA - 38860329

08/22/2020

Sherri H.

I texted the guy twice with 2 different phone numbers he had listed, and I went to his website and filled out form to get n estimate. there was no response. I contacted a local handyman. His name was Rick Lopes, this looks bad for him and Angie's list

Description of Work
no work was performed

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

There are no records of any texts messages from you because there was no appointment that was ever made with our company. The handyman you're referring to is the owner & without an appointment, you would not have been contacted. We received your request for an estimate, but you were not contacted because, unfortunately due to COVID-19, limited availability, etc., we did not have any availability for several weeks at that time the request was received. Can you please check your records to confirm the two numbers you sent text messages to & whom you spoke with? If you'd like to proceed, we can schedule you an appointment for an estimate. Thank you.

08/17/2020

Janet R.

He did an outstanding job. I would recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
Replaced rotten wood on my small porch.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

05/21/2020

Tina D.

They did a very good job removing window & boarding up. Then placed hardy plank over area to match rest of wall.

Description of Work
We had a window removed & boarded up and then put hardy plank to match rest of house.

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

05/21/2020

Tina D.

They did a good job replacing the old flood lights to updated LEDs outside on house corner eves. They replaced 3 lights.

Description of Work
Had 3 flood lights replaced

Category electrician

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

03/14/2020

Larry B.

Person came, did inspection, said we’d receive estimate in a few days. We never received the estimate.

Description of Work
Fix support in attic

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

We apologize that we weren't able to bid this project for you.

03/09/2020

Christopher S.

Company provided an estimate which I accepted to complete work on minor ceiling repair, fence repair, and pressure washing driveway. Upon arrival the handyman informed me that he could no longer do the pressure washing. This was very disappointing since it was one of the main items I needed completed and because they could have informed me of that much earlier. The handyman did complete the other work and did a good job. He left the fence debris in my yard with the promise that he would pick it up the next day. After 2 weeks I had to contact the company and remind to have it removed. That has now been done.

Description of Work
Fence repair, drywall repair, pressure washing

Category drywall, fencing, handyman service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 03/08/2020

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the weather plays a great role in whether we can provide a certain service. We do apologize that it took a few days longer than expected to remove the debris, but hope you were satisfied with the work overall. We appreciate your review & your business.

12/31/2019

Christopher S.

Michael Kirby was congenial, professional , and competent. He did all that was required and did it well. Kudos!

Description of Work
Garage organizing

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

12/16/2019

George T.

I had a grilling deck of composite decking material (similar to Trex) whose treated wood framing had begun to rot. Called them for a quote and they responded and quoted promptly. Their office did a great job of following up to schedule, even before I had made a decision. I finally decided to use them and scheduled the work to start on Tuesday 3rd Dec. Tony arrived a little late the first day but had the deck dissembled and framing exposed by the end of the day. On Wednesday, he returned and completed all the framing replacement, improving the stability of the original design through suggested improvements. However, he did not show up on Thursday because he said he could not find the frame sealing tape he wanted at a reasonable price (shopping takes all day?!) - I had to call the office to ask why he had not come. On Friday, he did not come again - called the office only to find out he was on another job! Not happy. Saturday rolls around and Tony calls to say he was injured and would not come until Monday, maybe. Tony did show up on Monday and finished the job. The quality of the work was excellent but the reliability & communications the last few days was not good. The job should have been finished on Thursday and I should have been proactively called to communicate he was shopping or at another job. Will use them again but will make sure the completion schedule is agreed and maintained.

Description of Work
Reframe composite deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Mr. [Member Name Removed] & we do sincerely apologize for the delay in getting project completed in a timely manner. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the end result & we look forward to helping you with future repair needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us!

10/24/2019

Frank H.

The work went exceptionally well. I had a rather large collection of pictures to be hung in l large space. The pictures were of various sizes and content all of which influenced how they were to be placed. This is not an easy job requiring a quality of eye for balance, etc. The person who came to do the work was exceptionally good, professional and pleasant.

Description of Work
Hanging pictures

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the work you received. Please keep us in mind for future needs. Thank you again.

09/27/2019

Evan C.

Handyman Connection of Alpharetta was hired for a shower remodel in November of 2018. TL;DR - don't hire this company for anything more than washing a window or removing an old nail from the wall, and don't expect for them to back the work that's done with their so-called "1-year warranty". The handyman sent from the company was not professional and lacked politeness and honesty. The mess he made in our house took longer to clean up and smell back to normal than it took for him to make it. Between the cigarette smoke and the condescending conversations he managed to throw up the facade of a shower, that we quickly realized needed more attention. The work done was overpriced for what we received. 8 months after the installation the floor tiles were popping out and grout was allowing water to seep through. A project manager from the company came over to check on things to see if the work would be covered by the so-called 1-year warranty. The project manager was the best part of the company, honest, straightforward and agreed that the work done was absolutely horrible and told me to expect a phone call from the office soon to make things right. 5 days later I received a phone call from the original handyman who performed the poor installation and a voicemail from him saying he wanted to fix the shower. If insanity is defined by doing the same thing twice expecting different results, I'd have been insane to allow this person back in our home to give it another shot. I reached out to a real professional (which I would recommend you do at this point if you're still reading this review) to come take a look and fix the mistakes that had been made to the shower in the first place. We ended up having to redo all of the floor work and cover up much of the poor finishing work on the shower. We also learned that the mortar used to hold the tile on is not meant to be used for showers. It isn't heat resistant and will wear quickly over time. We expect to only have 5 years left on the multi-thousand dollar renovation that will cost us as much, or more, to fix. When I asked the Handyman Connection to make things right and cover the costs of having someone who knew what they were doing fix the shower they refused to honor their one year warranty stating that warranty work is only covered by Handyman Connection contractors. They didn't bother to ask how much I was wanting to make things right. They have no interest in customer satisfaction from what I can tell; they are just out to make another buck. I would have been happy for a partial coverage, but the lady on the phone (who didn't sound very confident and could tell that they were treating me wrong) said that there was nothing they could do after she placed me on hold for a second and a half to ask someone else if they could help. This company may be good for fixing a window lock, painting a wall or hanging a photo, but I would definitely not recommend them for anything of significance. UPDATE 10/1/19 from my previous review: **I just reached out to Rick, the owner of the company, in response to his comment on Google Reviews about making things right. We both came to the agreement that we could have done things differently to resolve the issue at hand and he offered me $250 to cover part of the costs IF I REMOVED MY HONEST REVIEW OF HIS COMPANY. I told him that I'm not interested in taking bribes, but I would be willing to accept the $250 and update the review honestly. This was not good enough for him, so he rescinded his $250 offer and we are back at square one, but now I think even lower of this company and how they handle conflict and bad jobs.

Description of Work
Shower remodel

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

Review for Handyman Connection of Alpharetta - 600 Houze Way, E5, Roswell, GA - 38138397

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], we're sorry that you had concerns with the shower tiling work that we completed for you. We appreciate your feedback and looked into your issues. Steven, our project manager, was assigned to meet with you and he confirmed that the project was well within our warranty period. After we saw that it needed some more work, we contacted our craftsman to come back and fix it. We were eager to resolve this for you and made several attempts to reach you. Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from you and tried leaving you messages throughout the week. We were disappointed to hear, when we did eventually reach you at the end of the following week, that you had someone else complete the job. As we outline in our terms, we have the right to remedy the situation as part of our warranty, and when a client goes elsewhere without giving us an opportunity to make the repairs, it goes outside the agreement. We would have liked the opportunity to send your craftsman, or another one of our skilled employees, back to make sure our work earned your complete satisfaction. We completed thousands of jobs over the years and, when called upon, we always take care of our clients. It is very important to us to make things right for them. We are sorry that we weren't given the chance to help you, we care deeply about our customer satisfaction. Rick, Owner of Handyman Connection

07/29/2019

Paula S.

We had a wonderful experience with Jim. Very professional, kind and helped with all of my decisions. I would highly recommend Jim, handymanconnection and Megan in the office. She worked with me in getting the schedule we needed. I would definitely call them again. 5 stars at least!

Description of Work
Many repairs including painting and plumbing

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Thank you so much! We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by Jim & Megan. Please let us know if you have any needs in the future.

07/18/2019

Victoria Lynn Q.

Dave Bush was our handyman for our project. He was very professional, punctual, and responsive to our needs. All work was completed timely. Excellent job Dave!!!

Description of Work
Build basement wall

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

Thank you so much for your positive review. We hope to hear from you again soon!

07/11/2019

Monique S.

Fantastic! He fixed everything is a quick but quality manner before our home closing!

Description of Work
Multiple Items Around House

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

Thank you for the positive review. We are pleased that you were happy with the work.

06/21/2019

Rita G.

Meghan contacted us promptly to arrange a review and estimate by Austin. Austin arrived at the scheduled time, gave us a prompt written estimate. After we accepted the estimate, Meghan contacted us to arrange the schedule for the work. Austin again arrived at the appointed time and performed the work professionally and efficiently. We found the work quality to be good and we were very satisfied with the work and the workmanship. We expect to contact Handyman Connections for future projects.

Description of Work
Trim replaced around garage and several deck boards replaced

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Thank you for your positive review! We are pleased to hear that you're happy with the work you received from start to finish!

06/13/2019

William K.

Victor, the pro who came out was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He spent a good deal of time writing up the proposal, performing measurements, and making calls to affirm the cost of materials required. His bid was not so much an estimate rather a true project cost. The work was completed thoroughly, quickly and above standard.

Description of Work
Exterior stairs w/ railing

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking