Got Critters

Roswell, GA 30075

a...

03/13/2013

Greta B.

I hired Got Critters 10/18/09 to rid my house of rats. I just joined Angieslist and now can give the review he deserves. Ken came to my home and said he put screens on my gutters and vents. I still heard the rats and called him back. He came out to put traps and tell me to keep putting traps out until they stopped. I continued to call him to see why this was still going on and that it never stopped but he would not return my calls nor come out. I finally hired another company years later that showed me where the back of my house had never had screens on the gutters and that was how the rats were coming in. They fixed the problem only to have to hire another company to complete the job of everyplace they were coming in. At the time they were in my crawl space and attic. The only thing Ken did about the crawl space was tell me to put a screw in the door so the rats could not open the crawl space door.

Description of Work
Rid my home of rats. He was suspose to seal openings and did all but 2 of the vents and the space behind the gutter (where the roof meets) but he left half of the back of the house undone.

03/12/2013

Richard L.

Description of Work
Ken has been to my house on 3 occasions since 1993. Each time it was for roof rats that got into the house. Each time he eliminated the rats, found where they had come into the house, sealed the access, formulated a plan that worked, explained what he was doing and why and removed any dead rats that died under the house- most did not. Stands behind his work. Don't remember the exact price but was reasonable.

02/19/2013

Don B.

Experience was fine, price was fair for the work performed. We didn't capture any rats in the attic but did trap one in a in a lower storage room. No evidence of further infestation.

Description of Work
Ken "critter-proofed" our house 12+ years ago. In January 2013 heard some noise in the ceiling and found evidence of roof rats. We had a new roof installed in 2010 and Ken quickly found multiple points of entry into the house. He spent about three hours zipping the house back up and set three traps to catch any critters remaining in the house. This involved going around the house with a ladder and checking barriers placed during the initial "treatment."

04/23/2012

KURT W.

I called him on Saturday, 4/14 @ 4:30pm. He was very responsive as he called me back the very next day on Sunday. I was not impressed with his "generic" description of what he said he was going to come and do for Exclusion work; moreover, I suggested to him that there was no reason for us to continue the conversation when told me that he charged a $75.00 consultation fee just to come out to the house. I said Thank you and of course he said that my house was so close to his place of business (less than 3 miles) that perhaps he could come out there for free. I had heard enough and recognized that this was not the guy for me.

Description of Work
Just had a phone consultation with him

04/21/2012

rich B.

Description of Work
Eliminated squirrels from Attic. We have used Ken several times over the past 5 years. He is honest, pleasant and effective.

Category pest control, animal removal

11/29/2011

Don C.

His business is getting squirrels out of your attic. He mainly finds and seals up entrance and exit points where the animals are getting into your attic. He did a very thorough job spotting the areas where squirrels are getting in. He also puts traps inside the attic and comes back periodically to check whether he has caught any squirrels. I called other companies to do this kind of work and they wanted a lot more money than this company. He was prompt and I will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Got Critters to get squirrels out of my attic.

06/01/2011

RICHARD G.

Ken specializes in pest removal but also was recommended in installing insulation in attics. The fiberglass insulation he installed incresed the R rating from 30 to 48 and he found and repaired other weaknessed in the original insulation. The installation took less than 4 hours and he cleand up the waste material.The cost of the job seemed reasonable compared to other bids for 2500 sq. ft of attic space.

Description of Work
Install fiberglass insulation in attick to improve R rating.

Category insulation

04/09/2010

RICHARD F.

Responsive & knowledgeable. One trap malfunctioned. Did capture the major offender. Ads misleading - stated "10% off with ad" and on Angie's List "Senior Discount !0%". After the service, he said that applied to exclusion services only - not trapping. Overall - OK.

Description of Work
Trap and remove raccoons invading our garage and eating our outdoor cats food.

02/20/2007

DEBRA Z.

I was very happy with the service until the problem came back. I think that when you pay $1000 for a service, it should be backed with a warranty. I should not have the same problem 5 months later.

Description of Work
We had a rat problem in the attic and the carport. Got Critters sealed entry points and used poison to kill rats. The problem went away for about 5 months, but then the rats were back. I called Got Critters (because they had a warranty) but they never returned my calls. I gave up.

01/30/2007

THEDA D.

I feel that they could have returned our calls even if they weren't able to schedule any more work.

Description of Work
We called them because they had good Angie's List reports. We called twice and left a message each time. Our calls were never returned. We had another company do the work.

01/08/2007

LORI P.

The owner/operator Ken Youngkin is super. He's a fun, nutty guy who loves what he does (imagine that!) He came out on time, looked around, told me that I did have rats in my crawl space, explained how the animals accessed my house, why they did so, and what their next moves would be. He laid poison to rid the house of any animals and then came back a week later to check. Once he was certain all the animals were gone from the crawl space, he sealed up the house --holes, soffits, roof vents, etc. Ken gives a one year guarantee and is very confident that his work will do the trick. He came highly recommended from friends and others in the area. He says we live in a "high activity area" so I will keep his card on hand for friends & neighbors!

Description of Work
Got Critters rid my house of critters (rats)and then went around house & roof sealing all possible access points for the critters. He discovered how animal had entered the house this time and in the past. Sealed all holes which had been left by builder or utilities servicemen and those created by industrious critters.

09/30/2006

DENISE P.

Ken was very professional.

Description of Work
Installed one-way trap door so roof rats could leave attic crawl space, but not return. Sealed openings into attic crawl space.

08/31/2006

MARY JO B.

Responded quickly to our initial phone call. Came out the following Saturday. Put out poison and then returned two weeks later to remove any dead mice and plug up access holes into house.

Description of Work
Got rid of mice in house and closed up entryways mice were using to access house.

11/15/2005

GAYE A.

DID A GOOD JOB. THEY ARE A FAMILY DOING THE WORK, AND I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT A YOUNG CHILD ON SITE, AND FELT THAT WAS A LITTLE UNPROFESSIONAL AND A SAFETY HAZARD. WOULD HIRE AGAIN. PRICE WAS COMPARABLE TO OTHERS.

Description of Work
INSPECTION OF HOME FOR SQUIRRELS IN ATTIC. DID THOROUGH INSPECTION OF ALL LEVELS OF HOME, FOUND ENTRY HOLES AND EVIDENCE OF ANIMALS IN ATTIC. PATCHED OF ALL AREAS OF ENTRY, REMOVED ANIMALS, AND GAVE LOTS OF HELPFUL ADVICE, DID ALL REPAIRS SO THEY ARE NOT NOTICEABLE. HAVE HEARD ANIMALS TRYING TO GET IN, BUT THEY HAVEN'T YET.

10/12/2005

ELISE B.

I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS A LOT OF WORK TO FIND AND STOP ALL ENTRY POINTS IN OUR HOUSE AND THAT THE MONEY I PAID WAS A FAIR PRICE. THE WAY THAT MR. YOUNGKIN WORKED AND SOLVED MY PROBLEM WAS WORTH THE MONEY.

Description of Work
I HAD TO HAVE RATS EXTERMINATED FROM MY HOUSE. FIRST MR. YONGKIN HAD TO FIND THE RATS AND THEN WHERE THEY CAME INTO THE HOUSE. EVERY ENTRY POINT HAD TO BE SEALED SO THAT THE RATS WOULD NOT GET IN. TRAPS HAD TO BE SET TO FIND ANY RATS STILL IN THE HOUSE. IT APPEARS IT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH MOST OF THE PAIN BEING THE MONEY.

Healthy Home Termite & Pest Control Inc

Healthy Home Termite and Pest Control is a family owned and operated business serving Metro Atlanta. Healthy Home prides itself on an outstanding record of quality service. We have built our business by happy customers telling their friends and family about us. We would love the opportunity to provide your home with the most advanced protection available.

Offers by Healthy Home Termite & Pest Control Inc on Angi
    Hawx Pest Control

Hawx Pest Control in Atlanta, GA - Reliable pest control services for property owners. If you own a home or business in the Greater Atlanta area, you know that a pest infestation can be one of the biggest headaches you’ll ever have to deal with. The good thing is you’re not alone! The dedicated team of pest control professionals at Hawx Pest Control is here to help. Founded in 2013, Hawx Pest Control has since become an industry leader in hassle-free extermination and prevention services. We utilize the latest techniques and premium quality products like Bayer Solutions to provide our customers with the very best in pest control services throughout Atlanta.

Offers by Hawx Pest Control on Angi
    Another Problem Solved Llc

**$100 off FULL WILDLIFE EXCLUSION plus Free Gutter Cleaning** We are A Family Owned And Operated Business with 21 years of experience: Another Problem Solved, Home of No Problems, Only Solutions! We operate with complete honesty and common sense. Free Estimates with photos of "Problem Areas" are provided during free estimate. Estimates are given after each inspection with start date "Same Day" in most cases. All performed work comes with a 2 Year Renewable Service Warranty for your additional piece of mind. Call or Text @ 770-509-5200 Anytime!

Animal removal including rates, squirrel, raccoon, bat, snake, insulation & pest control.