Frugal Kitchens & Cabinets

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2011

4.3

625 W. Crossville Rd. Suite 126

Roswell, GA 30075

Have a working kitchen in 5 days! Complete Kitchen including removal of old cabinets, delivery of cabinets, new all wood cabinets, dovetail drawers with soft close runners, 3 cm granite counters, 18 gauge undermount stainless steel sink, licensed plumber and electrician to hook up your appliances, average kitchen is $15,995...

10/04/2017

MAXINE W.

They were fine. We decided not to have our cabinets done. I would have used them to do the work.

Description of Work
We got an estimate for cabinet work.

Category cabinet refacing

03/15/2017

Beverly H.

OMG! I totally kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. First the designer was a delight to work with. Second the price was less than Sears quoted to replace just the cabinet doors, and about half of what others quoted. I chose Frugal's basic cabinets, which by the way look absolutely fabulous! The entire process was mind blowing! Forget about what you see on the home shows. There was no smashing, splintering on basically making a horrific mess. One guy showed up, (I was expecting a crew, because thats what I've seen on tv.) This gentleman was on time, he introduced himself and then got to work. He removed my old cabinets with out a fuss. He did such a great job that we were able to donate them to Habitat. Then, he installed the new cabinets. All this in one day! It was a great experience from start to finish. Frugal kept me informed every step of the way. Letting me know each day what time the workmen would arrive. And let me tell you they arrived precisely on time! My one caution is that I would make the drive to the granite company where they are cutting your counters. We almost had a mix-up on the granite. But again, the granite company was so helpful and nice I was able to select the granite that I wanted. I could go on and on, but I won't. Needless to say my experience with Frugal Kitchens was terrific from start to finish! One update: Seven months later I noticed that there was a small gap between my cabinet and the wall. I called Frugal, thinking, "This is going to be a problem." Steve came out and repaired the problem without any cost. We plan to renovate another home we have and I can't wait to get Judith designing my next Frugal Kitchen!

Description of Work
Frugal Kitchens Demo'd my old kitchen and put in a brand new one, including cabinets, countertops and backsplash. They also moved a light over that ended up in the way after the new cabinets were in. In addition they removed and installed new cabinets and countertops in two bathrooms.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

02/10/2016

Don K.

First off, we checked with Lowe's, Home Depot, and several other cabinetmakers before choosing Frugal. Their cost was half what Lowes wanted. In fairness, part of this was due to the quality of the cabinets and the options available. We chose to go with the least expensive as we are well into our senior years with a limited budget and expect to stay in our house for just another decade. (Frugal also has more expensive styles) That being said, we felt the cabinets in their showroom were excellent in quality and construction, so we chose them. When the cabinets were delivered the installation crew (Sam and Jason) worked as a real professional team making sure the cabinets were perfectly level and straight even though our walls were not. They were personable and their craftsmanship was apparent. One of the doors was delivered cracked and they ordered a replacement door. We had ordered frosted glass for two doors and the glass delivered was clear - and they removed those for replacement. We were concerned about how and where the new handles would be installed on the new doors. They used a jig to insure that the handles were perfectly located and absolutely straight - important to us, and they look great. Note: the handles were not an add-on cost-they were included with the order. We used the cabinets for a week or so and developed our "punch list" of adjustments; most minor. One adjustment, however required moving an upper cabinet 1" and this was a bit of work, including new trim. Steve came out and did the final touch-up and adjustments. His craftsmanship and attention to detail showed throughout. Overall, are we happy with our new cabinets? - absolutely yes. We experienced professionalism from start to finish. Knowing what we know now, would we do this with Frugal again? - absolutely yes.

Description of Work
Using our design and layout John Gettys, Fayetteville office, prepared a measured set of drawings for all our new kitchen cabinets. As our dimensions changed a bit, as did our choices, John was SO patient in modifying the daarwings. We chose a "shaker" design, and that is what was ordered. When delivered, they came out and installed all the cabinets (we had already removed all the old cabinets). The crew of two put in a long day. During and following installation, the owner - Richard, came out to check and make sure everything was being done to our satisfaction. Following installation, giving us time to get familiar with the new cabinets, they came out for a "punch list" of minor adjustments and corrections.

12/22/2015

Patrick M.

Some good and some bad. Good design help with staff. Bad project management from owner. My wife and I were told we were too involved. In writing this review we only want people to know we would not have had as good of kitchen as we have if we were not involved and that's being nice here with some of the things that went on.

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel plus construction in reconfiguration of walls and pass through's.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,home remodeling

Sorry that you feel that way about your project, I am very surprised by this comment. Everytime we were there and completed something you would comment that you cant believe we are able to look at the drawing and lay out where everything is going so quickly. I know you got very upset with us during the project and called yelling many times that you dint know how we were going to get everything done on time. But we completed the project on time and both you and your wife commented on how you were sorry for getting worked up during the job because you didn't think we would get done on time. You even called Sam and said the same thing on a recorded call. So i do not know what happened between now and then but feel free to call us if there is anything that you need serviced. Enjoy your new kitchen that we able to get working in 2 weeks with some minor construction work.

10/21/2015

Sally B.

These guys were a dream. Organized, professional, punctual. I've worked with contractors before that were nightmares. I could not be more happy with Frugal Kitchen and Cabinets. They gave me a work schedule with all the times and details ahead of time so I would know what to expect. They called the day before each workday to give me updates. They were on-time, polite, professional. Each one cleaned up after themselves. Everything was done very efficiently. Richard came by yesterday to make sure everything was perfect....we made a list of touch-ups......within about 15 minutes, I had a call from their office to schedule it. I'm thrilled with my kitchen!

Description of Work
Replace all cabinets, counter tops, install appliances & plumbing.

Category custom cabinets,countertops

05/06/2015

Gail M.

It was a great experience. We saw their model kitchen at the Atlanta Home Show and booked an appointment to see a rep at their showroom. The rep explained the procedure in detail. We purchased the kitchen and they walked us through the process step by step. We were also having the floors done by a different contractor. Frugal helped us coordinate the schedule with the flooring contractor. Frugal has many many options to choose from. They gave us a schedule of what would take place each day. The installers were punctual professional and friendly. The demolition and installation began on Monday and was completed on Friday exactly as scheduled. We LOVE our new kitchen and would not change anything about it.

Description of Work
Total kitchen renovation

01/09/2015

Matt D.

Overall I am very happy with the new kitchen. Frugal did have a fully functioning kitchen ready within the 5 days they promise, but keep in mind there is significant ramp up time needed to manufacture and schedule their team to do the install once the materials are ready. We started the process in May and our install was done in August. I'm happy with the quality of the cabinets, and the granite people they sent us to were also easy to work with and had a large selection to choose from. The crew was very efficient and knowledgeable. Everyone that came in the house, including the electrician, plumber, the granite guys, and the guys who did the install were professional and easy to communicate with. Now we did have some things go wrong with the project, mainly some of the cabinets/molding were hung upside down and it took a long time to get that fixed after the initial install was complete. But they returned to complete all items on the punch list to our satisfaction. Richard, Paul and team were very responsive to our concerns and easily reached when necessary.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel, including demo of the old stuff and install of new cabinets, granite countertops, lighting, and appliances.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

11/09/2014

Yvonne S.

I had an Aug 2nd appointment at the Roswell location of Frugal Kitchens & Cabinets. I brought kitchen measurements and pictures as requested. I arrived on time for my appointment, but had to wait while the designer worked with another couple. Finally she was available and she showed me around the showroom. It's pretty small so it did not take long. I was not impressed with the designer, but she did make a couple of suggestions. She had difficulty using the software, but she was able to create a VERY basic drawing of my new kitchen. I also wanted to replace my floor and add a backsplash. Those items are not part of the Frugal Kitchens package, but they own a separate company that can provide those services. At the end of the appointment I was given the basic drawing of my new kitchen and a contract that did not include any pricing for the floor or backsplash. They have to send someone to your home to measure for those additional items. I was also asked to remeasure my lower cabinets on either side of my range. The next day I sent the measurements of my lower cabinets, as requested, along with a couple of additional pictures and some questions. More than a week passed and I never heard from the designer. I did, however, receive a call from the sales office asking if I was ready to sign my contract; were they joking!! I told them the designer had not responded to my questions and I had not yet had the home visit for someone to measure my floor so I could receive a price for the floor and backsplash. I then talked with Richard, the owner, who said they had not received an email from me. I resent the same email and this time they conveniently received it. August 19th I received a reply from the designer. She answered my questions with one and two word answers; it was like pulling teeth to get an answer from her. I responded to her and asked for a more detailed drawing and if drawers were available for the lower cabinets; since that option had not been presented during my appointment. I did have the home appointment for the floor and backsplash measuring. The gentlman that came out was very nice and professional. The most professional person I had contact with at the company. August 26th I received another call from the sales office asking if I was ready to sign my contract. I told them I had not heard from the designer, once again. I was assured she would get in contact with me. I never did hear from the designer concerning another drawing or if drawers were an option. I also NEVER received a quote for the flooring or backsplash. It goes without saying that I did not use nor would I recommend Frugal Kitchens & Cabinets.

Description of Work
I went to Frugal Kitchens to get an estimate for my kitchen remodel.

04/14/2014

Judith R.

Even my husband, who is one of the most patient and tolerant of individuals, did not like this woman. She came across as unhappy, unenthusiastic and very cynical. She said she had been out sick prior to that day. Perhaps she could have used another day off; but, I don t know if a person's attitude can be adjusted in a day. The term old battle-axe is both fair and appropriate to describe her. Her attitude was: This is what we've got and I'll tell you what you can and can't have. She even made a rude and condescending remark about my desire for a wine cabinet, citing that I probably don't keep wine around long enough to have one and couldn't possibly be a collector anyway. Note: I drink very little after a bout with breast cancer and double mastectomy in 2010 but, contrary to her opinion, I do have a collection. That was unbelievably unprofessional. She had a problem using the software. She had either floating sinks or ones embedded inside the granite counters. The quality of their cabinets is mediocre, at best. Their selection is limited in that price range. Their prices are in the mid to upper range for what they offer. In fairness, she did spend sufficient time with us - but nobody else even walked in or called the entire time we were there. I think if somebody else had come in asking for a bigger upgrade, she would have dismissed us immediately. What she didn t seem to understand is that we are doing a remodel and a new kitchen downstairs after the remodeling is done. So, she basically let $30,000 in cash - that's right we've got the money - walk right out the door. I read actual reviews and those on their website may be sincere, but definitely one-sided. We got the design and price guarantee and we were out the door...but the door didn't hit us in the backside when we left.

Description of Work
My husband and I are upgrading the existing kitchen in our home and adding a kitchen downstairs - basically turning our home into a duplex before we buy another home. We visited the Roswell location to meet with one of their kitchen designers to work out a design plan. We were not impressed. You have to schedule an appointment in advance. We had to wait a week to meet with one of their designers. We didn't mind doing this. After all, remodeling is an investment in one's home. It becomes pretty clear from the questionaire you fill in before your appointment where you stand with this company. The lowest scale remodeling price range they offer is $10,000 to $15,000.00. I know they advertise a remodel for $9,995.00. That is just NOT a reality and I guarantee you won t come out at the better end of the $5.00 difference. It became very clear when we checked that price-range box that we were small fish in a big pond from the position on the form and the attitude of the designer we worked with. The designer provides a free consultation and gives you a designated price, how long the price will be in effect for, and a pre-printed multi-page form citing all their legalities. They do guarantee their work and a time limit (5 - 28 days) in which it will be completed.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,home remodeling

[member name removed], I have looked up in our quote system and can't find any information on you. Did you come under a different name? Also maybe you have the wrong company. Please call my office at 770-460-4331 and ask to speak to Richard so I can get to the bottom of this.

03/28/2014

hugh T.

I have not contracted with them yet, but they are definitely in the running.

Floors 4-U

Specializing in CARPET SALES, INSTALLATION, Stretching and Repairs.We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Concept Flooring Inc

Concept Flooring is all about making your flooring project a success with 4 easy steps. 1. Quick phone consultation with a dedicated Project Manager. 2. A convenient in-home appointment where we bring the showroom to you. 3. A dedicated Project Manager who will work with you from beginning to end. 4. Assurance knowing your installation is backed by our Lifetime Installation Guarantee. We can't wait to help you find the best solution for your flooring project.

Prime Hardwood Floors LLC

Prime Hardwood Floors LLC is a well respected wood flooring company. Since 2000, we have been specializing in residential and commercial wood flooring installation, sanding and refinishing. In 2006 we opened a showroom in Dunwoody, GA, that allows us to also sell the hardwoods we are installing, giving our customers all the options related to wood flooring-laminated floors, engineered, solid prefinished or the traditional sand & finish. We also re-sand existing wood floors giving customers the option to change floor color and shine or we can just 'screen' floors and recoat for a fresh new look. Although we specialize in wood flooring, over time we have started offering services related to our main trade-stairs installation and/or refinishing, handrails installation and/or refinishing, wrought iron spindles sales and installation and tile installation in order to help our customers deal with only one contractor. Please contact us today for your wood flooring needs.

Check, Financing Available

Kitchen design and installation, granite countertops, kitchen cabinets, hardwood cabinetry & home improvements.