Selective Designs

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2007

105 Depot Ct A

Peachtree City, GA 30269

Selective Designs is an Atlanta custom pool and landscape company that creates beautiful outdoor spaces for all unique tastes. We have experienced architects, planning and implementation directors, highly skilled masons and landscapers, as well as a friendly administrative staff in our design center located off Senoia Road in Peachtree City, GA. We take a high level of pride in our design and quality of work. Selective Designs holds the appropriate licenses and insurance required. Consultation is free of charge. Master Plans are free to customers signing up for qualified levels of install services. Sketches, Designs, and Master Plans are hand drawn per customer specifications and details discussed with designers and architects. Selective Designs has the largest showroom in Georgia with plenty of samples to chose from including a running waterfall, grills, islands, putting green, and much more....

07/28/2021

Marcy M.

Shoddy work. Non responsive. After paying for each phase we waited and waited for work to be done. Work was shoddy and they made excuse after excuse about fixing it. Still no pool after 4 months and no end in site!

Description of Work
Pool design and installation

Category concrete repair, pool cleaners, swimming pools

06/07/2016

Richard C.

Description of Work
All they did was say they could send the screen out for re-screening and they wouldn't know the cost until they got it back. I found someone else to do it.

Category pool cleaners

11/08/2014

Teresa T.

Selective Designs only provided a general estimate.

Description of Work
Shane came to the house to provide us a price to remodel our existing pool. While he was very timely, professional, and creative, his general estimate to complete the project was well above our budget. Although I am confident (after doing more research) that his end product would have been amazing, we choose another company to complete the work due to our budgetary constraints. I would highly recommend calling Selective Designs if you are looking to build a pool from the bottom up. They have an extensive and quite elaborate portfolio of new pools that they have completed.

Category landscaping, pool cleaners

10/17/2014

Barnaby M.

This was the single worst performance by a contractor that we have ever experienced. Project was intended to take 4 months and it is now 15 months later and the work is still not complete. We are now intiating legal action in order for the contract terms to be fulfilled and the work finally completed. Compensation and damages including personal injury from unsafe conditions has now become an issue. The story is way too long and sordid to recount here but here is what you can expect: Pros -Good design Cons -Lack of planning and communication of any formal project plan to the customer -Very poor ability to meet their own deadlines -Poor coordination of other contractors - 2 companies under Selective Designs umbrella left during project -Poor customer communication - Lack of responsiveness, no forward notice of major events, non-existent project management -Quality of workmanship - rework in most areas, pool equipment not properly installed to manufacturer' standards, marshy conditions in landscaping caused by run off and cistern installation -Timeliness of work - 15 months vs. 4 month plan -Completion of work - Cistern and sprinkler system still not working. some landscaping We have 15 months of documentation and data including over 100 emails, mostly one way, as evidence of our frustration and agony in trying to get the basic conditions of the contract fulfilled. Guarantees and warranties are now a major concern. I would defnitely recommend against using this company's services.

Description of Work
Installed a concrete pebble tech pool 42,000 gallons, backyard landscaping, stone walls and steps, travertine decking, grilling area, underground cistern collecting rain water and tied to sprinkler system.

Category decks, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, pool cleaners

04/12/2014

Nancy L.

I was not contacted by anyone from Selective Designs, as promised, so I followed up with anothr email via Angie's List on 2/25/14. nearly 60 days later I have received no response.

Description of Work
I contacted contractor via Angie's list on 2/1/14, received an immediate reply that someone would be in touch with me the following Monday.

Category landscaping

Hi - We apologize for the misunderstanding. Susan attempted to call you that following Monday and was unable to reach you and attempted to leave a message. When we didn't hear back, we thought you had changed your mind, and we didn't want to continue to bother you with unwanted business. Thank You again for your inquiry.

07/31/2013

Jane W.

Selective Designs went pretty well. The price was extremely reasonable. They were on time, charged what they said they would charge and were very professional. I got a couple of more projects in line with them now.

Description of Work
He had to adjust some cabinets and had something installed in a couple of bathrooms.

Category pool cleaners

06/28/2013

Monika S.

They were courteous and basically told me it was more of a visual problem that I had around my pool area rather than structural, so I went ahead and entertained it otherwise it would be expensive. They gave me an appointment, showed up at the time that they told me and they were honest about what my options were. They didn't push anything.

Description of Work
Selective Designs came for an estimate for pool construction.

Category swimming pools

06/02/2013

Ching Y.

Shane Leblanc and his company built an exquisitely beautiful and functional back yard oasis for us. We were extremely pleased with the craftsmanship and professionalism throughout the process. The best part about Shane is his years of deep experience in all facets of the process. He has an ability to help you realize what you need, what you want, and what you ultimately will neither want nor need. It's clear that he understands and appreciates the enormity of the investment involved and that this is the fulfillment of a dream for many. As such, there is no rushing or up selling, just a genuine partnership to ensure that you are happy with the results. A couple of times we had concerns about some of the work, and he came right over to discuss it with us. The concerns were resolved. Make no mistake - building a pool is an expensive proposition. Add 10-15% onto your initial estimate due to account for inevitable incidentals. You'll want to get a company that treats you with the seriousness and responsiveness you'll expect for such an investment. Selective Designs is that company.

Description of Work
Designed and constructed pool and hot tub with landscaping for back yard.

Category landscaping, swimming pools

04/14/2013

Cindy P.

We had a very professional experience with Selective Designs. We hired Shane LeBlanc once again for Design Consulting. We were very impressed that he has continued his education and training in color design and theory which has proven to be a benefit to all those he consults with. We had a pleasant experience with the staff throughout the company from the first phone call all the way through to the very last day of finishing our project. The company had prompt responses every time we called them. We knew we were working with a great company the first time we used them & now they have grown into a multiple National Award winning company. They were very meticulous on every aspect of our project and so very creative with ideas we would have never thought or dreamed of! We would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for an "award winning" design and outdoor living space. We could NOT be more pleased!

Description of Work
Consulting/Drawings/Plans/Installation....

Category architect, outdoor kitchens

02/24/2013

Howard M.

We had a chair we brought with us when we left Indonesia in 1989. The material was worn out and we needed to have it reapolstered. We went to Angie's List and found this company. We brought them the chair, we selected the fabric, they gave us a quote, we agreed, they recovered the chair and delivered it. Everything went as agreed by both parties.

Description of Work
We selected the matereial and they installed it and delivered the chair. They would have picked up the chair, recovered it and delivered again. But we brought them the chair because we wanted to select the material. Very nice people to work with. We would use them again and recommend them to firends.

07/11/2012

Nicole S.

Originally, I filled out an online contact form, no one contacted me so I called them to set up a consultation.I had the consultation and the landscape designer appeared very knowledgable. He said he would contact me with a drawing and designs in about 2 weeks. Two weeks past and I didn't hear anything from them. I called and left a message for the person that came out to give me a consultation, he never returned my call.I waited about a month and called again. I told the woman answering the phone at Selective Designs what had happened and she said she would give the person the message and he would call me back by the end of the day. I never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Originally, I filled out an online contact form, no one contacted me so I called them to set up a consultation. I had the consultation and the landscape designer appeared very knowledgable. He said he would contact me with a drawing and designs in about 2 weeks. Two weeks past and I didn't hear anything from them. I called and left a message for the person that came out to give me a consultation, he never returned my call. I waited about a month and called again. I told the woman answering the phone at Selective Designs what had happened and she said she would give the person the message and he would call me back by the end of the day. I never heard back from him.

Category landscaping

We at Selective Designs are truly apologetic for your experience. Last year, we had an architect named Jeff working with us. In the Spring and Summer of 2011 he began to experience medical issues and had emergency surgery in Ohio. I regret this impacted your experience with Selective Designs as a company. The receptionist here passed the message, but in the midst of everything must have been unaware the call was not returned. If it's not too late and you have a project that still needs attention, we would be happy to work with you at a discount for your inconvenience.

03/20/2012

John M.

We selected Shane LeBlanc and Selective Designs for our pool/landscape project. All services performed were top notch, and they met the timeline for completion as promised. The design of our field stone wall is beautiful and it flows very well with the landscape and pool/hot tub. The project could not have gone better. We will utilize Selective for additional landscape projects in the future

Description of Work
.Landscape Design, swimming pool and hot tub design, retaining wall design. Implementation and completion of the designs in a timely fashion with no surprises.

Category landscaping, masonry, pool cleaners, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, stamped concrete, swimming pools

12/23/2011

Allen T.

I received excellent service from them. I liked that they were knowledgeable. Their pricing was good, their quality of their work and their clean up from start to finish was good. Overall it was excellent service. I have referred them to several of my neighbors. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used Selective Designs, LLC to do a patio area. It cost me in the neighborhood of $18000.

Category decks

11/29/2011

DIANE B.

I was not satisfied with some parts of the services that they did. They were pretty easy to work with and pretty responsive. Their punctuality was good. Their professionalism was not good. The owner of the company was fine but there was somebody from the company that he fired from the job while he was on the job. He was an elegant worker and the owner had to replace the whole crew at one point.

Description of Work
I used Selective Designs, Llc about four years ago. They did some major landscaping, built a deck and put in a pool.

Category decks, landscaping, pool cleaners, swimming pools

11/18/2011

Ada H.

I contacted Selective Designs, told them what I was needing. They gave me a proposal. I made a few changes in planting, They removed the old shrubbery and planted smaller, beautiful plants. The trees they installed are terrific! My home has much better 'curb appeal.' And Selective Designs did it by the date that I needed to have it done.

Description of Work
I needed to have my front yard completely re done. The shrubbery had grown too big and needed replacing. I had some trees that I wanted replaced. I really like their suggestions.. Selective Designs did the job - from design to installation. I am well pleased. I would recommend this company to anyone needing landscape work done.

10/30/2011

Suzette W.

Shane came to our home to assess the best way to deal with pool tile and plaster damage as well as cracked cool decking. The repairs developed into a remodeling project for the pool area. We met with Shane at his office to determine types and colors of materials using samples and pictures of jobs completed by Selective Designs. We visited one of their jobsites while work was in progress. We were impressed with the quality of workmanship and the design. Work at our house began on or ahead of schedule and progressed rapidly. All workers were friendly, courteous and polite. The Selective Design team showed close attention to detail. Shane was clear about each step of the project and easy to talk with about questions we had. Their was a strong work ethic shown at every level. We plan to use Selective Designs for future projects.

Description of Work
Ten year old swimming pool repair and remodel. Removed old cool deck and tile. Replastered pool, installed new tile and stone coping. Designed and installed new paver deck around pool. Designed and built new stone patio and outdoor kitchen. Recommended and supplied outdoor cooking equipment. Installed stack stone front on indoor kitchen island.

Category decks, pool cleaners, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

05/17/2011

Edwina P.

When you call them they never show up. When they do show up, they never follow up. I was very disappointed with them. They came and looked at my land. They said that they would go to the office and drop me a plan, and when I go to his office they would sit and discuss the plan with me. The day he was supposed to come out, I told him that I won?t be at home. Then they called and said that they wouldn?t be able to come because they had another appointment. They asked me if they could come some other day. I told them to come after 4:00 as I wouldn?t be there before that. He called me at 3:45 and told him that I wasn?t at home. I went home and kept waiting. I called him at 4:15 to ask if they were coming. They said that they were on their way. They came and looked at the land. They told me that they would go to office and we would go from there with the plan. They never showed up. I would never use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Selective Designs, LLC to get an estimate for landscaping work. They came in March.

12/23/2010

Allen T.

He was very professional and knowledgeable of his area of expertise. He was friendly and punctual. He did a complete job. He is an outstanding individual.

Description of Work
They cleared an area and poured a 2 tier slab patio area with a stone wall.

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry, hardscaping

07/21/2010

Cindy P.

We are very happy with our yard. The design is just what we wanted and just as our designer planned it out. There were no surprises. We followed their instruction on how to care for the plants, how and when to water, how and when to prune, etc... As soon as the installation was complete, we had the best looking yard on the street - and we still do. It was a wonderful experience working with someone who really knows what they are doing.

Description of Work
The designer came out to meet with us for a landscape design and estimate for the front yard and both sides. He was very professional and listened to our ideas of what we liked and disliked. He gave suggestions and recommendations and then sketched a design for us. After signing a contract, they came and installed the plantings and designed all the beds. The plantings included shrubs, large shrubs, and large trees.

06/02/2010

Allen T.

Very professional interaction from the beginning and designing of the project to the completion of the work. Excellent showroom and video presentation of multiple projects, including pools, waterfalls and landscaping designs. OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
A cleared, yet unsightly area in the backyard was transformed into a showplace that is more than a concrete patio. The overall design is beautiful and is the envy of the neighborhood. The management team and the staff were always timely and performed their tasks in a professional and efficient manner. Nothing was left undone!! Would definitely use Selective Designs in the future and recommend them to anyone interested in professional landscaping services.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, pool cleaners, mudjacking, hardscaping

08/15/2008

Constance R.

We told him right off the bat that we did not like wrought iron fence, because we wanted a fence to keep our animals in. We had a lot of trouble with his service. We trusted that he knew what he was doing, but it seemed that he did not. They started to dig in my yard where I did not want them to for the landscaping. They were very rude when they were working with me. It took both me and my husband to get them to get the work satisfactory. We were counting on their expertise to do the work. They are telling us that it will take them months to do some fix work. They said that it would take them four to five months to replace a dead tree. I think that they are way over priced. It was a terrible experience. They were supposed to provide sod, but it took us a fight and to trade in plans with them to get it put in.

Description of Work
They came to my house and they did landscaping on my house for me.

Category landscaping

We are sorry about your situation and would like to make it right. Unfortunately the landscape architect in charge of the project is no longer working with us. We have since re-staffed our management to to provide our customers with a more professional experience. Our goal at Selective Designs is customer satisfaction from start to end. Please call our corporate office so we may resolve this situation.

08/01/2008

EARL J S.

The guy that drew it up was excellent but no longer works there. The owner claims that he gets his supplies from his fathers tree farm. We found that the quality of the plantings was really bad. We asked for specific trees and he planted something else. Some of the flowers died and have not been replaced because he said we didn't tell him in time.

Description of Work
We had them come out and do a draw up of landscaping and do the work.

09/06/2007

JAMES B.

Selective Designs was very careful of my property and very professional. They came when they said they would and were very clean and courteous. The stone walls are beautiful and we like the arrangement of the bushes they planted. It was expensive, but we did have a lot done.

Description of Work
They installed five curved walls in my yard that were made out of stone. These are 5 foot tall and quite long in linear feet. My yard is 1 1/3 acre. They also put in sod and several bushes.

09/06/2007