Concrete Replacement Specialists Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2006

3 Holcomb Bridge Rd

Norcross, GA 30071

David McLeroy founded the business in 1993 and has worked in the concrete business most of his life. As David, a Norcross native, explains, “I am in the concrete business because I grew up in the concrete business. I started helping my father in his concrete business in 1979 when I was 16.” David is a hands-on owner and performs much of the most critical work himself. Concrete Replacement Specialists carries both workers’ compensation and liability insurance and guarantees its work against spalling and flaking. According to David, “We bend over backward to please our customers and do the job right. The biggest compliment we get is when a happy customer either calls us back for more work or recommends us to their friends. We don’t sacrifice quality for price.”...

09/08/2019

Tim T.

We have a problem with flooding in our garage when we get heavy rain. We wanted to have our driveway replaced and to add a drain in the driveway to drain off the excessive water. The company convinced us that they could solve the drainage problem by contouring the slope of the driveway without adding a drain. Not only did this not work, but due to poor workmanship with the finish of the driveway at the street, we now also have a problem with the driveway already cracking at the end of the drive and eroding under the driveway. When someone finally came out to look at the problems, they suggested that a heavy truck must have pulled into our driveway and caused the end of the driveway to crack, which is ridiculous. You can simply look at the sloppy work done that left a large gap under one side of the driveway (where concrete should have been) to see that this is the reason the driveway cracked. While he promised to come back out and re-pour the end of the driveway - even though he didn't admit that it was their poor workmanship, they never showed up after repeated calls. I highly recommend that you do NOT use this company for driveway replacement or repair.

Description of Work
Driveway Replacement

05/28/2018

Tim T.

The main reason we replaced the driveway was to keep water out of our garage. Our garage still gets water in it during hard rains. We also have a crack at the end of the driveway at the street. I wanted some kind of drain or ledge where the driveway meets the garage. David promised that the new driveway's contour would keep water out. WRONG!!!! David said garbage truck caused crack. 25 years in house at that point. NO CRACKS IN 25 YEARS. David you should come fix our driveway. We can't sell our house with a garage that floods.

Description of Work
Driveway replacement. Our garage gets water in it when it rains hard.

01/16/2017

Stephen E.

The work was excellent. The owner was present and worked hard while managing his crew. The group showed up on time as scheduled, knocked out the work quickly and did a high quality job. They cleaned up after the job and it was an excellent business experience. I would recommend his services strongly.

Description of Work
I had a 1,900 square foot driveway replaced.

09/15/2016

katy D.

He accommodated our minor changes extremely well and professionally. The job looks great and he was a gem to work with.

Description of Work
New driveway apron and new porch

06/28/2016

Delois T.

Everything went very well. A large portion of our driveway had cracked into pieces because roots from a nearby tree was pushing up under the driveway. Also when exiting our driveway onto the street, our cars usually scrubbed against the concrete. Concrete Replacement Specialists removed the tree roots replaced this portion of the driveway and replaced the top of the driveway so our cars no longer scrub. The job was done quickly and neatly. We would definitely recommend Concrete Replacement Specialists for driveway replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced about 1/3 of our long driveway.

03/24/2016

Victoria J.

Very pleased with the final product. High quality and looks great. They did everything they said they would do at the price initially quoted. Showed up when they said they would show up, and completed on the schedule they had initially indicated. I would give them a high recommendation

Description of Work
Removed and replaced driveway. Resurfaced entry sidewalk

07/09/2015

Dave S.

First the Good News: David honored an estimate from a year prior (well, within $500 anyway), which other providers could not do (in fact other providers were asking 15-20% more for the same job this year). David responds to phone calls and texts during, throughout, and after the project to answer questions or address concerns. Entire crew was personable. Some Bad News: At end of 2nd day (1/2 day to prep, 1/2 day to pour), all but one of crew left, including owner who asked for check. Project was looking good (pour in place and now smoothing--I was told remaining crew would simply need to clean up and we'd be set). I wrote check and when I came out of the house an hour or so later I found a mess of plastic water bottles, concrete spills on the side of my property, all forming around concrete still in place, and a few equipment items lying off to the side. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they'd be back to finish in the morning. That didn't happen. I called and left a message for Dave in the afternoon inquiring about when the project would be cleaned and completed. That night (24 hours after the project) heavy rains created pools of water and mud in the driveway. The next morning I left a very clear message with Dave. He responded quickly from out-of-town and told me that if he couldn't get an employee over to finish the job that day (Saturday), that he would personally come on Monday. In the meantime I popped out the forming at the bottom of the driveway myself to drain the water, ran a hose to assess proper draining and cleaned up the bottles and trash. By Monday eveningI was ready to stop payment of the check, but one of the crew showed up around 6:30 PM and got to the cleaning and finishing. After a couple of hours he told me that his saw was not working and that he'd have to come back again the next night to finish the line cutting. As it turned out Dave himself came out to perform the line-cutting the next night (Tuesday), and the project was finally complete. Good News again: The sloping driveway drains well (not perfect, but likely as close to it as one could reasonably expect. It looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced approximately 1/3 of my driveway (the base near the home).

03/07/2015

R A.

I sent a message through Angie's List, wanting to set up an appointment for an estimate for a driveway replacement project, along with other projects. I listed three separate dates and times I could be reached by phone so we might set up a time for their representative to come to my home and give an estimate. They never called, or left a message via Angie's List. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
nothing, they never called.

02/19/2015

Chet T.

I called to request an estimate, but reached their voice mail. I left a detailed message describing the work to be done, my name, address, and phone number. I stated the phone number twice, because I know it's easy to miss a number. I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
The provider did not return my call.

12/31/2014

Joe M.

This was a major project. My driveway is over 250ft long and 20 feet wide. Concrete replacement specialists removed the 47 year old cracked driveway and completely re-poured a new driveway including 6 bands of decorative bricks. The new driveway looks great.

Description of Work
Dave and his crew replaced my 47 year old concrete driveway.

12/30/2014

Richard N.

Prompt site visit and submittal of estimate. Competitive estimate dollar-wise. Honored estimate even though I did not initiate job for over eight months. Prompt arrival to start work. Professional and courteous workers who completed removal in one day. Arrived on second day promptly to pour new drive. Completed that day. The only minor disappointment was that there were small scraps of concrete left around the edges on the lawn that I had to clean up myself. Overall, I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Removed existing concrete driveway and front walk and replaced same.

11/03/2014

Jonathan D.

After contacting several companies some of whom never returned my calls I contacted Concrete Replacement Specialists.The gentleman showed up and gave me a fair estimate for the work to be done. They came back the next week on the day scheduled on time and spent the day removing the old sections of concrete and pouring the new section.They came back the next day to make final touchups. They did a fine job and I'm very happy with their work.

Description of Work
They replaced a section of my concrete driveway which had deteriorated due to roots.

10/01/2014

Heather M.

David McLeroy and his team were OUTSTANDING! First, he was the lowest of three bids. He met with me on the same day that I contacted him to give me an estimate. He explained exactly how the job would be performed, and answered every one of my questions. We discussed the various methods of concrete pouring, and whether to use all/partial/none of rebar in the concrete. He gave me a lead-time of 2 to 4 weeks for scheduling. I contacted him the next day (a Friday) to commit to the service, and he actually worked me into his schedule for the following Tuesday (9/30). He got the entire job day in 1.5 days. His team was extremely professional and very nice. They arrived on time each day, they cleaned up the job site each day. They did exactly what they said they would do in the time they agreed to do it in. I would absolutely, without hesitation, use CRS again. I plan on recommending them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
CRS removed and replaced my driveway and sidewalk

08/21/2014

Daniel D.

David McLeroy and Concrete Replacement Specialists did a Great Job replacing our driveway The crew were professional, polite and responsive to questions and requested changes. Our old driveway was removed and a bed of crushed rock laid down with little impact on the rest of the yard. The new driveway was poured on the 2nd day - on the 3rd day the stress lines were cut and the forms removed.. The price was very fair and it was done when scheduled. I would hire and Concrete Replacement Specialists again. Daniel

Description of Work
Replaced 100 + foot driveway

Category concrete driveways, pavers, gravel

06/05/2014

BRANDYN B.

Mr. McElroy showed up when he said he would, did what he said he'd do and did it very well. His crew was quick, pleasant and professional. They broke up and removed all the old concrete, which required them to remove an embedded iron driveway gate. They cut through and dug out tree roots that had broken through the existing driveway, so future problems would be avoided. All follow up work was handled promptly. The "B" for responsiveness is due to the number of calls I had to make to schedule the work - seemed excessive to me, but - to be fair - I called several vendors and David McLeroy is the only one who followed through. After we finally spoke, he was responsive and prompt in scheduling the work. This was a fairly small job (~700 sq ft) and I felt like he treated me as well as anyone getting a bigger, more expensive job. The final result looks great!

Description of Work
Mr. McLeroy replaced my driveway at a cost of approximately $5.54 per square foot.

Category concrete repair

05/06/2014

BRANDYN B.

They offered me several options and they showed up when they stated they were going to show up.

Description of Work
Worked on my driveway

04/04/2014

JOHN W.

We have a small driveway that was nothing but crumbling concrete. Called for an estimate. Got a returned call within 24 hours, came out the next day to do the estimate. Good pricing, sharper than competition. Installed a new driveway, left the site very clean. Very happy!

Description of Work
Removed and replaced cement driveway.

03/28/2014

Yvonne L.

My driveway was in very bad condition due to spalling. I contacted three concrete repair contractors. I had several questions and concerns. David McLeroy of Concrete Replacement Specialists Inc. answered my questions and addressed my concerns, thereby assuring me that his company would be my best selection. From day 1 when he came out, I was impressed. He arrived at the time he had promised. His estimate was also acceptable. We set a commencement date and he arrived promptly on that day with a crew member to remove the existing concrete. Day 2, he and two other crew members proceeded to pour the new concrete. Day 3 was "clean up day". He was always on the site while the work was being done. Needless to say, I have a beautiful new driveway and received many compliments from my neighbors. I would gladly recommend David McLeroy of Concrete Replacement Specialists Inc.

Description of Work
Complete driveway replacement

01/06/2014

william W.

The entire process went very well. David and his team know what they are doing and take pride in their work. David was very responsive, professional, and met all of my expectations. This is a company delivers on their commitment.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced our driveway (approximately 22 cubic yards).

10/27/2013

Megan D.

They showed up on time for the initial appointment, quoted the job requested, answered all our questions and was very professional. Once they quoted the job and we hired them, they did the job on the day it was promised, in time an don budget, and left the job site clean and free of all debris. Expectations exceeded on the price and job delivered.

Description of Work
Repaired sections of driveway that were cracked and collapsing

09/10/2013

joyce j. H.

First of all I want to say right from the estimate I was impressed with David as he didn't rush me and answered all my question. I knew I wanted not just a new driveway but something that looked nice. I'm an older woman and he talked about what I could do. One of things that really impressed me when he went to get brick I picked out he ended up just getting the more expensive brick and never charged me extra. He thought it would work out better. He has an excellent brick layer. I have had many comments on how nice my drive looks and now have nicest looking driveway in subdivision. Have recommended him to my friends. Thank You, David.

Description of Work
Removed old driveway and sidewalk. Replacementof both DRIVEWAY and sidewalk and had brick border and brick apron. Hauled away all debris.

09/09/2013

Janice B.

Concrete Replacements Specialists did a fantastic job installing our long driveway ! The owner, David McLeroy, provided great suggestions to address long-standing drainage problems. David showed us dozens of pictures of previous work. Based upon the pictures, we opted for an option called "Exposed Aggregate". The driveway looks fantastic ! The owner did the grading and the employees, Craig and James, were very professional and a pleasure to deal with. I would HIGHLY recommend Concrete Replacements Specialists for any concrete driveway or patio work !!!

Description of Work
Installed a new concrete driveway over a gutted gravel driveway.

06/15/2013

paul B.

David came to give an estimate the evening I called him. He listened to what we wanted done and made no attempt to sell us something more than what we wanted. I told him I wanted to get a 2nd bid and he said to call him when I decided. The other contractor never returned my call so we went with David. He said it would be up to two weeks before he could get to us but he actually did the work the next week. A crew of at least 4 men showed up on the appointed day at 7:30am. By 4:30 in the afternoon they had removed all the old concrete pieces and poured the new driveway.

Description of Work
Removed existing driveway and turnaround. Replaced with new.

Category concrete repair

06/13/2013

Sally S.

The owner of the company came out the within a day of my calling for an estimate. He was prompt and gave me a firm quote before he left the house. When I contracted them, the crew was there when they said they would be and were very professional. I am extremely happy with the quality of the job that they did.

Description of Work
Total Driveway replacement

06/11/2013

paul B.

When I called to request a bid, hoping to get it within a couple days, David offered to come within 2 hours. He gave us a bid saying he could do the work in 2-3 weeks. I was trying to get a second bid but that contractor did not respond so I called David back to schedule the work. About 3 days later he called back to say he could do the work within a week and would come at 7:30 on a Friday and finish the same day. A crew of 4 or 5 came at the scheduled time, others came later and they worked together like clockwork until the work was done (by 4:30). We are very pleased with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Removed existing broken concrete driveway, hauled away old driveway pieces, laid formwork for new driveway, then poured new driveway.