Concrete Replacement Specialists Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2006

David McLeroy founded the business in 1993 and has worked in the concrete business most of his life. As David, a Norcross native, explains, “I am in the concrete business because I grew up in the concrete business. I started helping my father in his concrete business in 1979 when I was 16.” David is a hands-on owner and performs much of the most critical work himself. Concrete Replacement Specialists carries both workers’ compensation and liability insurance and guarantees its work against spalling and flaking. According to David, “We bend over backward to please our customers and do the job right. The biggest compliment we get is when a happy customer either calls us back for more work or recommends us to their friends. We don’t sacrifice quality for price.”...

Sudlow Concrete

Over 20 years of dedication and work in the concrete business has made us driveway replacement and driveway repair experts. Bill Sudlow started in the business of selling concrete products and tools for the concrete trade. He saw a need for a conscientious customer service concrete company to work with homeowners on the driveway and other concrete needs. Over time, he has developed a formula that works and his company has become a valuable resource for homeowners, real estate agents, and builders. Sudlow Concrete strives everyday to meet your expectations as well as ours. We are dedicated to continually meet customers needs and exceed their expectations.

Big Man's Concrete Inc

Owner operated business with over 20 years of concrete experience. We do all the work so you hire us we will do all the work from beginning to end. We are insured and stand behind the quality of our work.

Classic Concrete & Construction Inc

Classic Concrete & Construction is a family owned business with over 20 years of experience of Commercial and Residential work.

09/08/2019

We have a problem with flooding in our garage when we get heavy rain. We wanted to have our driveway replaced and to add a drain in the driveway to drain off the excessive water. The company convinced us that they could solve the drainage problem by contouring the slope of the driveway without adding a drain. Not only did this not work, but due to poor workmanship with the finish of the driveway a...

Description of Work
Driveway Replacement

05/28/2018

The main reason we replaced the driveway was to keep water out of our garage. Our garage still gets water in it during hard rains. We also have a crack at the end of the driveway at the street. I wanted some kind of drain or ledge where the driveway meets the garage. David promised that the new driveway's contour would keep water out. WRONG!!!! David said garbage truck caused crack. 25 years in ho...

Description of Work
Driveway replacement. Our garage gets water in it when it rains hard.

01/16/2017

The work was excellent. The owner was present and worked hard while managing his crew. The group showed up on time as scheduled, knocked out the work quickly and did a high quality job. They cleaned up after the job and it was an excellent business experience. I would recommend his services strongly.

Description of Work
I had a 1,900 square foot driveway replaced.

09/15/2016

He accommodated our minor changes extremely well and professionally. The job looks great and he was a gem to work with.

Description of Work
New driveway apron and new porch

06/28/2016

Everything went very well. A large portion of our driveway had cracked into pieces because roots from a nearby tree was pushing up under the driveway. Also when exiting our driveway onto the street, our cars usually scrubbed against the concrete. Concrete Replacement Specialists removed the tree roots replaced this portion of the driveway and replaced the top of the driveway so our cars no longer ...

Description of Work
Replaced about 1/3 of our long driveway.

03/24/2016

Very pleased with the final product. High quality and looks great. They did everything they said they would do at the price initially quoted. Showed up when they said they would show up, and completed on the schedule they had initially indicated. I would give them a high recommendation

Description of Work
Removed and replaced driveway. Resurfaced entry sidewalk

07/09/2015

First the Good News: David honored an estimate from a year prior (well, within $500 anyway), which other providers could not do (in fact other providers were asking 15-20% more for the same job this year). David responds to phone calls and texts during, throughout, and after the project to answer questions or address concerns. Entire crew was personable. Some Bad News: At end of 2nd day (1/2 day to prep, 1/2 day to pour), all but one of crew left, including owner who asked for check. Project was looking good (pour in place and now smoothing--I was told remaining crew would simply need to clean up and we'd be set). I wrote check and when I came out of the house an hour or so later I found a mess of plastic water bottles, concrete spills on the side of my property, all forming around concrete still in place, and a few equipment items lying off to the side. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they'd be back to finish in the morning. That didn't happen. I called and left a message for Dave in the afternoon inquiring about when the project would be cleaned and completed. That night (24 hours after the project) heavy rains created pools of water and mud in the driveway. The next morning I left a very clear message with Dave. He responded quickly from out-of-town and told me that if he couldn't get an employee over to finish the job that day (Saturday), that he would personally come on Monday. In the meantime I popped out the forming at the bottom of the driveway myself to drain the water, ran a hose to assess proper draining and cleaned up the bottles and trash. By Monday eveningI was ready to stop payment of the check, but one of the crew showed up around 6:30 PM and got to the cleaning and finishing. After a couple of hours he told me that his saw was not working and that he'd have to come back again the next night to finish the line cutting. As it turned out Dave himself came out to perform the line-cutting the next night (Tuesday), and the project was finally complete. Good News again: The sloping driveway drains well (not perfect, but likely as close to it as one could reasonably expect. It looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced approximately 1/3 of my driveway (the base near the home).

03/07/2015

I sent a message through Angie's List, wanting to set up an appointment for an estimate for a driveway replacement project, along with other projects. I listed three separate dates and times I could be reached by phone so we might set up a time for their representative to come to my home and give an estimate. They never called, or left a message via Angie's List. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
nothing, they never called.

02/19/2015

I called to request an estimate, but reached their voice mail. I left a detailed message describing the work to be done, my name, address, and phone number. I stated the phone number twice, because I know it's easy to miss a number. I never heard back from them.

Description of Work
The provider did not return my call.

12/31/2014

This was a major project. My driveway is over 250ft long and 20 feet wide. Concrete replacement specialists removed the 47 year old cracked driveway and completely re-poured a new driveway including 6 bands of decorative bricks. The new driveway looks great.

Description of Work
Dave and his crew replaced my 47 year old concrete driveway.

Category concrete driveway

Driveway replacement all or part commercial concrete replacement, brick inlays, stamped concrete and decorative concrete.

New construction.