Hornes Pest Control Company

Founded 1966 • With Angi since June 2007

4232 Wheeler Rd

Martinez, GA 30907

Horne’s Pest Control offers pest control solutions that combine the most advanced chemistry and targeted treatments in three protective layers. We take the pest control battle directly to your home’s four defensive zones: exterior, attic, crawl space and interior. This pest control method stops a pest invasion at all possible entry points. Hornes Pest Control also uses a comprehensive approach to termite control. Exterra termite baiting canisters are placed around your home to target and elimate foraging termites. Termidor, the most effective liquid termiticide, is placed around your home’s foundation to prevent and kill termites entering the structure. Premise, the most effective termite gel bait on the market, is injected into the infested timbers of your home to begin eliminating termites immediatley. Horne’s Pest Control also has the most comprehensive damage repair warranty in Augusta GA and Aiken SC so you can rest assured that your home is protected....

12/13/2019

Erica G.

AWFUL! They charge you for services that they don't render. If you call and complain they send someone out to not do anything and just check off that they did something. I had them for 3 months, full service paying $115 a month. I had water bugs, mosquitoes and everything the entire time was paying them with no improvement. I had to call three times before a technician came out and she verified that none of the order slips left had actually been done because there were ZERO stations left in the attic, yard, or crawl space like had been indicated and I PAID FOR. Then refused to take payment on a visit on sight, then sent someone to pull my stations that had just been put in due to nonpayment. I tried to resolve with them directly as I refused to pay for services not rendered. They still sent me to collections with a Glenn Hamiliton who called and harassed me calling me a child because I would not release my information to him because he wouldn't tell me who or why he was calling. Danielle in the Hornes office then told me "Debt collectors don't have to be nice" after I again was explaining my situation. She proceeded to laugh and disconnect. The entire organization is a scam with zero customer service or quality insurance. Don't waste your money or time with this company.

Description of Work
All Pest control

10/04/2017

Heather S.

The pest control technician was very punctual. We didn’t have a major problem with pests but since we had seen the roaches and ticks we wanted to be proactive. The service was done quickly and thoroughly.

Description of Work
Roach, fire ant, flea and tick control

09/21/2017

Wayne S.

I pay them $50/month, they come out quarterly to check the termite stations and spray around the house. Inside and outside, any cobwebs, they are really good. I would give them all "A'" on everything. My wife keeps an impeccable house, but we got pantry moths. They gave me a bunch of little traps or stations and they are almost gone and they didn't charge me anything. Very good customer good will.

Description of Work
Termite control and inspection. Check termite stations and spray around the house.

08/28/2017

Teresa N.

Very nice lady did a very thorough job.

Description of Work
Sprayed for pest

09/24/2015

JAMES R.

We had German roaches. They were very prompt and thorough. He was polite. The work turned out that we don't have anymore German roaches.

Description of Work
They helped us with a German roach infestation.

05/22/2015

Christopher T.

I have had Horne's Pest Control since September 2014. They got rid of my ant problem first application. Since last application, the spiders are gone as well. I highly recommend. They have always been on time and very thorough.

Description of Work
Sprayed yard and inside house for regular 4 month schedule

04/23/2015

Gerald F.

They were good, responsive and reasonable. They were professional.

Description of Work
We've used Hornes Pest Control Company. They pest sprayed inside and outside of the house and did general inspection.

01/26/2015

peter W.

They were more expensive than should be. Their quality of work is good.

Description of Work
I use Hornes Pest Control. They come once every quarter.

08/20/2014

Susan A.

Went great. Very professional and thorough

Description of Work
Insect and mosquito spray Termite traps

09/27/2013

Amanda R.

Such an amazing company to work with. Always on time and SO friendly. Every person that I have ever had an interaction with has greeted me, told me their name, and been so pleasant to deal with. They are all very educated and informed on what they do. Once had an issue with ants, wasn't sure where they were getting in. Someone was at my house the next day, knew the kind of ant and found the source. Went above and beyond and worked efficiently.

Description of Work
Termite Bate systems, Home Pest Control, Yard Flea/Tick Treatments

Category pest control, lawn treatment

09/09/2013

Charles D.

It went very well. The service tech showed up a minutes late but he did call to let me know he was running late. He was very personable and polite. He was also very knowledgeable about the services offered. In all the experience was great!

Description of Work
inspected MY HOUSE FOR PESTS.

08/19/2013

amy S.

We hired this company to perform our inspection when we purchased the house and provide quarterly treatments to the house. They have been to our house three times, (inspection and first treatment). We needed them to come out again because of all the heavy rains. They are always right on time and very pleasant and professional.

08/05/2013

kathi W.

Always punctual, professional, and immediately address any concerns.

Description of Work
Termite and regular pest control for 20+ years

06/17/2013

stephanie T.

Pests can be embarrassing. Both the person I spoke with about my appointment and the technicians who came to my house expressed understanding that I needed assistance and that my problenm was not a personal reflection of me or my household. They gave me and my family specific instructions for how to maximize the effectiveness of the treatments and how to make changes for continued control. I nnever felt judged or uncomfortable and was impressed with their knowledge and appreciative of their manner. After making the initial appointment, which was within the week, they told me what to do to prepare for the visit. The tecnician was in and out in an hour and I didn't even have tobe at home. A second visit was scheduled within a month and everything went as the the first. I am now on an inexpensive monthly management cycle and am enjoying my home as I have not been able to for a while. I am so happy and appreciative for all of the staff at Horne's.

Description of Work
From first contact, they did what they said they could do in a professional and empathetic manner. I couhld not possibly have been more pleased.

04/23/2013

Lacey K.

I like the staff and the guy named Jeff who came out and gave me an estimate. I'm glad that he agreed to be flexible with me as far as the fees. However, the fire ants are still there and Jeff won't talk to me after talking to my landlord. They were very professional and wanting to help me. They realize that fire ants could be dangerous to my dog and to myself because they could get on the wheelchair and join me in bed. The staff was great but their followup was very bad. I was just really sad that they let my landlord bully them and as a result, my safety is still at question.

Description of Work
I used Hornes Pest Control.

Category pest control

This person called our office and scheduled an appointment for an estimate for fire ant control. When she was presented with the estimate she said she couldn't pay for it and asked us to contact the landlord. We contacted the landlord and presented him with the estimate and he said he would contact another company. As a result, we did not perform any treatment for fire ants. These statements about the landlord "bullying" us and this insinuation that her "safety is in question" and it being our responsibility is, in my opinion, slanderous in nature. I am disappointed that Angie's List would even print it. Her comment about our "follow up" being "very bad" is also unfounded. We did nothing wrong. We showed up -on time- and provided this person and her landlord with an estimate as requested.

04/15/2013

Alisha G.

They are always courteous and professional.

Description of Work
I have pest control service with Hornes. They come out once a quarter to spray my house. If I see bugs between services they will come out and respray my house free of charge.

06/12/2012

Rondal G.

Their prices are very reasonable, and the quality of their work is excellent. I'll continue to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
I have a contract with Hornes Pest Control & Waterproofing for pest control.

05/31/2012

Elizabeth C.

They are reliable. They backup their services that they will come back out as we need them. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Hornes Pest Control & Waterproofing for pest control.

05/29/2012

Amy B.

They do a good job. I have been with them for 5 or 6 years and am getting ready to renew my contract. I don't have any termites. They guys who always come are really nice and explain things to me.

Description of Work
I use Hornes Pest Control& Water Proofing for pest and termite control.

05/04/2012

Douglas R.

It’s a continuous service. I think I paid about $350 for the initial service, and I pay about $250 a year, every year after that. They were the least expensive in town by a margin. I guess they’re doing a good job, because the service is preventative, and I haven’t seen and termites, or anything like that. It’s a repeat service, and it took me about three weeks to get them out here to replace the lid off one of the traps, so their scheduling is a bit of a hassle. I plan to keep my service with them.

Description of Work
I use Hornes Pest Control & Waterproofing for pest services.

04/21/2012

ken H.

They come out and they take care of the problem. Anytime we need them for something, they straight away come out and take care of it.

Description of Work
I used Hornes Pest Control & Waterproofing for spraying the yard by the house.

10/26/2011

Heather P.

They spray all around the baseboards, behind the appliances, and on top of the cabinets. Outside they do three feet out and six feet up. They are usually on time and they will call to let you know if they are going to be late. If you have a problem they will solve it and they will refund your money if it isn’t taken care of. They are all about their customer service so you are going to be happy with them.

Description of Work
Hornes Pest Control does our monthly pest control. They go around and spray for cockroaches, spiders, and all sorts of things that you don’t want in your house.

09/02/2011

Rebecca K.

When I found termites eating my baseboards, I checked Angie's List for an exterminator and chose Horne's because the reviews were very good. They made an appointment for me that same day and the employee who came out to see us was over an hour early (he was very polite and told us he could come back at the appointed time if it was more convenient for us, but we were more than happy to see him then). He checked the problem area, confirmed it was termites, then checked the rest of the house inside and out for signs of damage. Then he sat down with us and sold us a termite letter--basically it's a year's worth of treatment, quarterly checkups, and repairs for any recurring termite problems. Termite insurance, really. It's a bit spendy but we didn't have much choice but to take it, because we were literally days away from putting our house on the market and no one wants a home that could wind up being lunch for a bunch of nasty bugs. He didn't pressure us at all, though. The treatment and bait station install was scheduled after that. They would have had it all taken care of the next day, but it wasn't convenient for our schedule so we had them come out a few days later. The man who took care of the actual treatment was professional and prompt. The whole process of treatment, spraying and digging/installing bait stations took about two hours, which seemed about right considering the amount of work. A few days later, yet another Horne's employee stopped by and let me know he was going to check all the bait stations, make sure they were installed properly and to check for termites. He didn't come back to the door after his check, so I assume all was well. The employees were all extremely courteous, punctual and professional, and I was glad I chose to use their company.

Description of Work
Our bedroom was treated for termites. We opted for the one-year renewable termite contract as well, so a technician treated the perimeter of the house and installed several bait stations in the lawn.

07/20/2011

Deborah H.

I have been using this company for about two years now. They are always prompt, courteous, professional, thorough, and efficient. I have rarely seen any insects, and those have been dead. They will come out 3 or 4 times a year (can't remember which), and if you pay that day, they deduct a couple of dollars from the usual fee ($115.00 is usual for my home). There is an additional fee annually to renew the termite contract, which runs around $339 for my size home (average 3 bedroom home). The company always works with me to find a day and time that fits my schedule so that I do not have to take off any time from work. I can't say that about all companies, can you? It makes a difference!

Description of Work
Sprayed inside and out, as well as in the attic. Also checked termite traps for any activity.

03/15/2010

John C.

The work is always performed on schedule and it works. We hardly see any spiders or other pests, and if we do, they will come out to re-treat if we ask them.

Description of Work
Horne's performs quarterly pest control for us. They spray inside and outside of the home. We have used them for several years, and they do an excellent job. They also provide our termite inspections once per year. They always set up an appointment with us that meets our schedule.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Pest and Termite control. Mosquito Control, Lawn Insect Control, Crawl Space Dehumidification Services