Crossworks Carpentry

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2012

2555 Big Oaks Dr SW

Marietta, GA 30064

Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs for plumbing, electrical, drywall taping, roofing & HVAC. Cost is determined by the job or by the hour. Please see my website for more information about my services at www.crossworksme.com ....

05/13/2021

Storm T.

I hired Mike to do some kitchen remodeling for me on a house I moved into in April of 2020. Originally, the kitchen and dining room were separated by a wall and they both had an entrance into the living room. The place for the fridge was small and cramped and next to a wall, so I could not have a double-door fridge. I asked Mike to remove the wall from the dining room into the kitchen, move the fridge into the previous area to the doorway from the kitchen to the living room and close it off, change the lights in the kitchen to be recessed can lights, create a custom pantry and fridge cabinet to match the existing 1970s cabinets, and expand the original dining room opening to be larger. All of the work was very affordable and Mike kept me updated and communicated with me through the entire process. He also suggested changes when we weren't sure and cleaned up the work area every evening. The work was completed quickly and the group was out by 5PM every workday which is so nice when you're doing a kitchen renovation since it uproots almost your entire home.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

05/31/2020

Charles E.

Outstanding. Mike was very professional, knowledgeable and punctual. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Bathrooms remodeled. New floors in kitchen and laundry room.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling, basement remodeling

05/13/2020

Neeahtima D.

He was pretty accurate on the estimate of time it would take. They arrived at the agreed-upon time each day and were pleasant to have in the home. Attention to detail was greatly appreciated, and the finished result was just as I had hoped.

Description of Work
Install planking on ceiling of terrace room.

Thank you so much!

05/12/2020

Kelly R.

Mike did a great job. I really appreciated him offering different options on the repair work needed and being very competitive price wise. I hope to work with him again on other projects.

Description of Work
Garage Framing/Repair

Category contractors, drywall, garage builders

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

04/09/2020

Patrick M.

Mike did a super job repairing wood rot around windows, removing and replacing parts of siding and trim under windows and around door frame, caulked and painted all in just 2 days! Looks like new! We are so thankful for Mikes kindness and expertise. Pat and Lori Martin

Description of Work
Replace Window Wood Rot

Category remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

04/06/2020

ABBY P.

Highly recommended. Mike is very professional and the quality of his work is superb. Would hire again without hesitation.

Description of Work
built exterior cabinet and other miscellaneous carpentry work

04/04/2020

Christopher J.

Michael did a great job for us. He dud all of the framing, built custom stairs for our home theater, repositioned load barring walls to make room for a sauna, and removed two windows for our bar and home theater. If the need were to arise, we would certainly hire Michael once again.

Description of Work
Carpentry work for unfinished basement

04/04/2020

Lisa L.

The owner is very reliable. He always responded to calls/messages. He's very accommodating and listens to what you want. The work began on time. It was fantastic!! The cleanup was perfect. The steps look great, and they're really solid. We were kept informed every step of the way. I would recommend this company without any hesitation.

Description of Work
New front steps.

02/20/2020

Dani J.

I hired Mike to add crown molding in my kitchen and to trim out 8 arches in my house (so they look like two columns with an arch and a keystone in the middle.) As he and his son worked, I kept increasing the scope of the work. Every time he finished an item, it made everything else around it look so bad, that I ended up doing much more work than I had initially intended, because everything he did looked so beautiful! He is an amazing, careful, hardworking craftsman and I could not recommend him highly enough. His son works with him too, learning the ropes, and I don't think he could find a better teacher and mentor. I can't imagine using anyone but Mike for all of my future carpentry needs.

Description of Work
Indoor decorative trim

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking

11/23/2019

Jason O.

This review is 2 years late. Mike did a major framing effort in my 2700 sq foot basement and put up multiple walls to build rooms, closets and the framing for a ceiling for a 32' x 40' room. He was the best person I have ever hired to work on any of my homes. His work has been spectacular and I've had no issues with any of the work he did or the work the drywall team did after him. I'm very grateful for all his efforts and I would recommend him for any job he felt comfortable taking on.

Description of Work
Basement Framing and Drywall

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words, it'[Member Information Removed] good to hear from you, and it was my pleasure working with & for you. Take Care. Mike

10/30/2018

Amy H.

Mike was very nice and professional from beginning to end. He did a great job retrofitting our cabinet to hold a different sized microwave/oven combo. Will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed wall oven and microwave with trim kit

10/29/2018

Jeannine M.

We first met Mike two years ago when he built a deck for our backyard and we were so impressed with the quality of his work and professionalism that we have since hired him to complete several more home improvement projects. Within the last year, he completed a major remodel of our master bath. He transformed a tiny, drab, outdated space into a large, beautiful master suite of our dreams. I added several items and made changes throughout the project and he always patiently and happily accommodated my requests. He most recently completed a guest bath remodel, added french doors to our office and installed custom wainscoting along our staircase wall and we could not be happier with his work.

Description of Work
Bath remodeling

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Always a pleasure. Thank you!

10/26/2018

Gary L.

Mike and his brother Gary were very prompt and professional. They even let me help them tear down the old deck. The new deck looks good and is very sturdy. My wife and I are very happy with our new deck. We have told several people about their work and highly recommend them to other people that we know.

Description of Work
Old deck torn down and new deck built

Category decks, woodworking

10/25/2018

Russ A.

I reached out to Mike after reading the many positive reviews here on Angie’s List. I’m glad I did. He’s a great find. Mike built a wall along one side of our underdeck for purposes of creating an entertainment area. It turned out great! The job presented several challenges (installing the wall between existing columns, limited space to install the wall and water leaking from the deck above) all of which Mike resolved. Mike is successful for several reasons. First, he does all the work himself. You can’t underestimate the importance of this. Over the years, the highest quality of work we have received on our home is when it is performed by the owner of the company. Second, Mike genuinely enjoys what he does, takes great pride in his work and wants you to be happy with the end result. Again, you can’t underestimate the importance of this. Lastly, his experience, knowledge, willingness to listen and all around “good guy” qualities result in quality work.

Description of Work
Construction of a wall along one side of our underdeck

Category decks, remodeling, siding, woodworking

10/25/2018

Deborah E.

Mike came out to bid the project. He listened to what I wanted and made suggestions that worked out very well, really made the porch look like it was done when the house was built, you'd never know it was done later. Mike always gave us his schedule and when he would arrive and leave, he always cleaned up nightly and made sure the site was clean, he rarely stopped working, even ate lunch fast! He measured twice and cut once and had to of course adjust for things that weren't square. The windows fit perfectly, and new door is wonderful (I picked out another one, he talked me into this one with a disappearing screen and I love it, so glad I listened to him!). He finished the job on time and was just a little over the quote, but he had to do a lot of leveling out and finish work due to uneven lines in the original porch. He made it right and my neighbors are jealous! I do plan on having Mike put in built-in bookshelves in my living room next year. Mike was recommended to me by a neighbor and I have since recommended him to other neighbors, and a co-worker, I think he's gotten every job. A true craftsman, he knows his stuff!

Description of Work
I wanted to glass in my screen porch to make it an all-season room

Category contractors, decks, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. It truly was a pleasure working for you! Glad you're pleased with the outcome and I look forward to providing my services for your next project.

07/28/2018

Larry B.

This is the second time we have used Mike for work around our home and we have very pleased with his work. He offers suggestions and insight when needed to come up with the best approach for a situation. He works quickly, cleanly, with great care and attention to detail. We would not hesitate to use Mike again for our future projects.

Description of Work
structural alterations and redecking of existing deck

Category decks, woodworking

06/30/2018

Tommy T.

Mike did an excellent job installing decorative molding in our two story foyer. My wife and I are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Decorative molding installed

Category woodworking

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Very happy to have helped improve the appearance of your living room. Thank you for hiring me! Mike

05/30/2018

Clarice B.

Description of Work
Recently, I had the opportunity to work with Mike Gervais of CrossWorks Carpentry in the design and installation of 4- Faux beams for a sloped ceiling, install a wood ceiling, and reconfigure and finish several wall planes in order to redirect traffic flow. Mike Gervais's knowledge and attention to detail is exceptional. His carpentry skills and the quality of his craftsmanship is unquestionably of high quality. In working with Mike on this project, it's apparent that he holds himself to a very high professional standard. He has the innate ability to listen to a client, grasp what they are attempting to communicate, and then execute it flawlessly. I found his work ethics to be impeccable. He was punctual, self accountable, and maintained detailed records. The project was on time and within budget. I would be honored to collaborate with him in future projects. I would, without hesitation, recommend Mike Gervais of CrossWorks Carpentry to anyone within range of his serves area.install for faux beams. Install wood ceiling in the dining room. Remove existing wet bar and remove/replace door with sheetrock. Remove door and frame to coat closet and sheetrock opening.

Category drywall, remodeling

04/02/2018

Jeannine M.

We hired Mike to build a deck and to replace side stairs damaged during a storm, and he did a fantastic job. He offered detailed estimates and offered great suggestions for making the project work for us. Once the work was underway, we could see that Mike is very detail oriented and his work is truly top-notch. He offered great communication throughout the project, was always punctual and thoroughly cleaned up after each day of work. We couldn't be more pleased with how the deck turned out - it's now one of our favorite spaces! We will not hesitate to hire Mike for future projects, and strongly recommend him.

Description of Work
Backyard deck

01/24/2018

Bessie M.

Michael did a wonderful job building a drawer, converted an existing cabinet to a display bookcase with lighting, and an ovenhood with a tiled backsplash. Michael was very flexible throughout the whole project taking our ideas and creating exactly what we were asking for. He is definitely someone that we will be recommending to our friends and family.

Description of Work
Carpentry and tile work

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm glad to hear that the final outcome was excatly what you had hope for.

11/19/2017

mark M.

we have used crossworks carpentry now, for 4-5 projects (and in the process of adding a 6th job) .... and we could not be happier with the responsiveness, the professionalism, the pricing, and the outcomes -- a TRUE carpenter! the work is just excellent

Description of Work
custom kitchen cabinet addition and cedar deck banister replacement

11/03/2017

Angela R.

Mike showed up when he said he would, and put in a full days work each day. He was reliable, professional and very personable. We added a few additional work items to the project and he proved to be very flexible and able to accommodate us with ease. We appreciate his attention to detail and his desire to make sure the customer is satisfied upon completion of the job. We would definitely hire Mike again and plan to hire him next year for the second phase of our upstairs floor project.

Description of Work
We have used Mike before to renovate our kitchen. We were so happy with his work that we decided to hire him again to renovate our stairs. This was part one of a bigger project to renovate the entire second floor, and we wanted to start with our creaky stairs.

Category remodeling, woodworking

10/26/2017

Marjorie R.

It is gorgeous, well-built, peaceful... We love it! It is sturdy and well done. Mike is a perfectionist which we greatly appreciate!

Description of Work
Mike designed a porch to be built.

Category decks, flooring contractor, replacement windows, woodworking

10/10/2017

Richard T.

Fantastic, while looking for a GC for a basement, I found Mike with Crossworks. He provided sound advice and guidance through the process to where I hired all the subs and let Mike take care of the carpentry. Even his general carpentry work building walls and other build outs looked like finished work with tight joints. Mike took a lot of pride in his work, and our finished basement shows. I would recommend Mike for any carpentry job.

Description of Work
Built out basement

Category contractors, flooring contractor, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

04/26/2017

Clarice B.

Recently, I had the opportunity to work with Mike Gervais of CrossWorks Carpentry. Mike Gervais's knowledge and attention to detail is exceptional. His carpentry skills and the quality of his craftsmanship is unquestionably of high quality. In working with Mike on this project, it's apparent that he holds himself to a very high professional standard. He has the innate ability to listen to a client, grasp what they are attempting to communicate, and then execute it flawlessly. I found his work ethics to be impeccable. He was punctual, self accountable, and maintained detailed records. The project was on time and within budget. I would be honored to collaborate with him in future projects. I would, without hesitation, recommend Mike Gervais of CrossWorks Carpentry to anyone within range of his serves area.

Description of Work
Design and installation of 4- Faux beams for a sloped ceiling, install a wood ceiling, and reconfigure and finish several wall planes in order to redirect traffic flow.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Thanks for the kind words and thoughtful review. I'm pleased to have work with and along side you as well, since you knew exactly how you wanted things to look it made my job a whole lot easier. Best regards, Mike

Concept Flooring Inc

Concept Flooring is all about making your flooring project a success with 4 easy steps. 1. Quick phone consultation with a dedicated Project Manager. 2. A convenient in-home appointment where we bring the showroom to you. 3. A dedicated Project Manager who will work with you from beginning to end. 4. Assurance knowing your installation is backed by our Lifetime Installation Guarantee. We can't wait to help you find the best solution for your flooring project.

Prime Hardwood Floors LLC

Prime Hardwood Floors LLC is a well respected wood flooring company. Since 2000, we have been specializing in residential and commercial wood flooring installation, sanding and refinishing. In 2006 we opened a showroom in Dunwoody, GA, that allows us to also sell the hardwoods we are installing, giving our customers all the options related to wood flooring-laminated floors, engineered, solid prefinished or the traditional sand & finish. We also re-sand existing wood floors giving customers the option to change floor color and shine or we can just 'screen' floors and recoat for a fresh new look. Although we specialize in wood flooring, over time we have started offering services related to our main trade-stairs installation and/or refinishing, handrails installation and/or refinishing, wrought iron spindles sales and installation and tile installation in order to help our customers deal with only one contractor. Please contact us today for your wood flooring needs.

Bertolli Floors

Bertolli Floors is a family owned flooring company who has proudly served Atlanta since 2003. Offering installation and sales of a variety of flooring products for both residential and commercial. Dustless hardwood refinishing. We provide free in-home estimate! See hundreds of floor samples in the comfort and lighting of your own home, at no cost to you!

I mainly do remodeling of kitchens & bathrooms, basements, porches & attics. I also install doors & windows, cabinets, and decks. My main focus is quality work along with quality materials as well as superior customer service. I always maintain a line of communication during the work. I am very easy to reach anytime.

Minor rot repairs, hardwood floor patchwork, hardwood floor installations and work that involves heights greater than 16' off the ground.