Bartlett Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since December 2002

972 Atlanta Rd SW

Marietta, GA 30060

Bartlett is a family owned and operated heating, cooling and indoor air quality service company. We have serviced the Cobb County and Metro Atlanta area for over 35 years. Bartlett proudly offers 1st time customers an Angie's List discount. Financing available on equipment installation with approved credit. LICENSE #:CN002952....

06/30/2022

Peter H.

Buyer beware with Bartlett Heating & Cooling. I called Barlett Heating & Cooling to replace a condensate pump on a mini split system. When I called to schedule the appointment, I said, "Please go ahead and bring a new condensate pump. It needs to be replaced." Instead, they performed a "Level 2" service on the existing condensate pump. I guess the "2" in "Level 2" means two hours. Because that's about how long the pump worked after the technician left. That service call cost me $323.00. I called them back to schedule another service call and was expecting some sort of discount to replace the broken condensate pump (which is what I originally requested). When I asked for consideration to an additional $634.00 bill from Bartlett, the answer was an unapologetic "No discount." So $957 for a new condensate pump is a ripoff.

Description of Work
Condensate Pump Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am truly sorry that you feel this way. The $ 323 service call was not just to service the condensate pump. We also restored cooling to one of your other systems, as well as worked on your mini split (which is the system you are referencing). Yes, you did say that you felt your mini split needed a new pump. Our trucks are very well stocked and we do carry condensate pumps. However, your condensate pump not a standard pump, but unique to your model of mini split, which we would have no way of knowing until we got to your home. And to even access the mechanical components within a mini split system takes time, as I am sure you know. As a company, it would be unprofessional of us NOT to look at the system to provide an accurate diagnosis. When we arrived, your system was leaking water. When we left, it was not leaking. We did recommend and quote to replace the pump if it continues to leak (which it did). That does not negate the work we already performed. The flip side is that we could have replaced a pump that did not need to be replaced (either by going by what you thought was the problem, or by not doing a thorough diagnostic and at least trying to clear the pump tube to restore cooling until the part could be replaced). To state "$ 957 for a new condensate pump", is inaccurate and unfair to state, especially on a public forum. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, so any time we do not achieve that, it is also a disappointment to us.

10/19/2020

Lou B.

We have a contract with Bartlett to check our HVAC system twice a year. I noticed a little water in the ductwork behind my air filter and called Bartlett last week. They had a technician here within a couple hours who assessed the problem, included me in the process and fixed it. We were close to our regular service date, so he wrapped that general system inspection up while he was here. From the person who answers the phone to the one who comes to our condo whenever we have a problem or for regularly scheduled service, we always receive friendly, excellent, timely service from the folks at Bartlett. Definitely recommend them highly.

Description of Work
HVAC leaking

07/25/2020

Joseph B.

We had 2 new HVAC units installed by Reliable Heating & Air 6 years ago and signed up for their maintenance plan. Our upstairs unit went out Thursday night, so I called Reliable to get someone out ASAP. I was told I'd have to wait until Monday. This was obviously unacceptable since it's over 90 degrees out. Friday morning, I called Bartlett and was told that they could have a technician out Friday night. The office staff was amazing. They even called before the office closed to let us know that the technician, would be out shortly. The tech came out and quickly diagnosed the problem and got it fixed. He also discovered that the previous company had installed the wrong size air conditioner filters. We immediately changed our maintenance plan over to Bartlett. The technician was great - friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. We're hoping he'll be the technician that comes out to service our AC units in the future. 5 stars!!!!!

Description of Work
HVAC repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are so glad we could help you out. We know it is hot out there! Thank you so much for the compliments of the office staff, as well as Gene. We are happy that you had such a great experience and we welcome you to our Service Agreement family :-)

06/24/2020

Nicole L.

Our HVAC system on the main level of our house went out (furnace from 1987 and air conditioner 1989 so we were on borrowed time). I called to five different companies, and Bartlett was the only one that didn't try to scare me into buying a unit via trigger pull; they allowed me time to think, gather more quotes, and work at my own pace. I used an original quote from the first company to base everything else off of, and when I called the office they were upfront and honest about their scheduling. They informed me on how far out they were and they even were able to get me on the phone with Travis, who not only knew my neighborhood but could give me a ball park figure as to to what I could expect. They then sent Dusty out to give a formal quote and I am beyond thrilled. He took just enough time to explain everything fully, but not too much time to where I thought he overstayed his welcome; lets just say he also took the time to get to know a little bit about us which I appreciate and love about a home grown company. He broke everything down on what items I would need, the price of each component we could upgrade to (which were financially manageable less than $200 per item), and he then told us how to save the most money by ordering our filters for our units and having the technicians install them with our service plan. He informed me he is salary and not commission based, so there would be no scare tactics involved. He knew we didn't work in the industry so he informed us of all the information about the HVAC system that we would need based on the size of our home; which he then calculated off the top of our head with only having seen the basement and the tonnage of our current AC units. He was only 100 square feet off.....(IMPRESSIVE)!!! I remembered based on the call with Travis that there was an air scrubber/purifier that I could add on, and Dusty presented that to me as well, and they did not pressure me into buying it; however I decided based on our pets and children with dust allergies and asthma to go ahead an add it on (based on my decision alone). Now, here is the icing on the cake, they were able to do my install three days later by working their employees overtime so I didn't have to sit in the heat for a week and a half later. I honestly cannot begin to express my enthusiasm with this company! Our install will be done on Saturday and today is Wednesday and I will happily do another review on the install separate from the sales team which I don't anticipate being anything but amazing!

Description of Work
Complete HVAC Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Wow! This awesome review is the best motivator for our team! Honestly, our team works really hard to provide this level of service always, so when we hit the nail on the head, we have a collective "Woo Hoo"! We are so happy to have been given this opportunity to help you and your family with this project and know you are going to enjoy your new HVAC system for years to come. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this detailed review and thank you even more for choosing Bartlett Heating and Cooling :-)

07/25/2019

Suzanne L.

They w ere well priced, reliable and honest.

Description of Work
Regular maintenance for my HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you! We appreciate this feedback!

05/17/2019

a j O.

Had heard good things about Bartlett in the community. Scheduled a service call as a new customer and got the 'next available' appointment. I called to check status when it was a few minutes prior to the time (had been told the service tech would call when en route) and was informed (accurately) that it would be a 30-40 minute delay. Mr. Tommy arrived, after the promised call, in a well marked service van, in uniform and proceeded to address the problem. Very professional, very courteous, very informative and a pleasure to deal with. 'fixed' filter door not replaced properly, added refrigerant and system 'sealer'. I signed up for an annual service contract when I paid for the service call. Mr. Stamps is a stellar representative of a family owned business that lived up to its good reputation. I expect that if all Bartlett's employees are anything like him, they will always have my business.

Description of Work
Repair of upstairs AC unit

06/21/2018

Joyce G.

Great! They did multiple quotes to get what I needed within my budget. They were prompt, professional, and a delight to work with.

Description of Work
Replaced central air system

06/03/2018

Kelli M.

The gentleman I talked with was super nice and told me he could come and help me out after he took care of the two customers in front of me.

Description of Work
We called asking for someone to come after hours to help diagnose why our A/C wasn’t working and to resolve the issue.

05/30/2018

Billy B.

Well but the equipment has a defect.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC system.

08/25/2017

barry S.

I shopped around a good bit, and researched the best reviews and ended up with Bartlett to do a new A/C install, and I'm glad I did. The installers put in a hard day in hot temps and now we're feeling very comfortable with our decision and comfortable with our cool temps in the house.

Description of Work
New A/C installation

Coolray Heating & Air Conditioning

Coolray has served the Atlanta metro area since 1966 and offers professional heating, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical. We base our business principles on people helping people with honest, dependable service backed by our peace of mind warranties and guarantees ensuring your 100% satisfaction. 350 employees. No subs. Charges a flat rate. Senior Discount on Service Repairs only, cannot be used with other offers.

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling

TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is a customer-focused residential service company. We fix & replace electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems for Greater Atlanta homeowners. Please call our office to schedule your appointment today. 770-667-6937

Offers by TE Certified Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Cool Masters Heating and Air Conditioning

From a simple air conditioner tune up to furnace installation, Cool Masters Heating and Air Conditioning is the local expert for HVAC repair, installation and maintenance. From Atlanta to Lawrenceville, GA, their licensed technicians have served hundreds of satisfied customers .

Offers by Cool Masters Heating and Air Conditioning on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Furnaces sales, service, maintenance & installation, heat pumps, fan coils, air handlers & HVAC.

Air duct cleaning.