America's 1st Choice Home Warranty

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2011

2.8

2625 Sandy Plains Rd Ste 203

Marietta, GA 30066

We offer complete home warranty protection from appliances to complete home coverage.

06/19/2017

Karen M.

Whoever their contractors are is who I use. The pricing is real reasonable.

Description of Work
They sent someone out to repair my refrigerator.

02/18/2016

Pat B.

If AFC is rated 2nd best home warranty company, what is the last rated one like? They provide customer service people to answer the phones and take the claim information but they provide nothing else. I woke up the other morning and found water on the kitchen floor coming from the refrigerator. The ice in the icemaker was melting, I called AFC after checking the circuit breaker and turning off the ice maker. Five hours later, I called them back and was told the policy did not cover leaks from the frig. I asked why did they not call me to tell me that and was told they had to get the claim filed etc. I called a local repairman and he came out within a few hours and the frig. was fixed. In November I had a problem with the heater. It would not stop running and the thermostat did not register the excessive heat. I called AFC and they took the info. I called them back several hours later and was told they could not find a company that would come out. I called a local company and the technician spoke with AFC and they told me I would have to pay the bill and them would be reimbursed. II did that and am still waiting for the check. I have submitted the paperwork 3 times and nothing had happened. When I call they just pay me lip service. I am paying for service from a company that does not stand behind what they offer and also paying for repairs they should be paying for.

Description of Work
Repaired the refrigerator.

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

01/22/2016

Margo G.

Totally refused the claim due to the rust. Their policy excludes rust damage. My argument was that the malfunctioning unit caused the rust, not the other way around, but once rust is mentioned, it is automatically refused. I now have to have my unit replaced at my expense and paid the $45.00 fee for service for nothing. DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY. This is the third claim I've had with them that they would not pay (I have a five year contract). On major claims, they always find a fine print to exclude it. They will only pay on minor repairs.

Description of Work
Had a furnace needing service. Determined it needed replacement. Their provider claimed it was from rust damage. Choice refused coverage due to the rust. I had my own repairman come. He determined that the unit had been malfunctioning, causing excess condensation, which flowed into the pan, which caused it to rust. It was the malfunctioning of the unit that caused the rust, not the rust, causing the unit to malfunction.

10/13/2015

David N.

I called regarding a gas leak around my water heater and it took them 30 hours to call back. Thank you America's 1st Choice Home Warranty for putting my family at risk. Called a plumbing company I had used in the past and they were out to may house in less than 90 min on a Sunday!!!

Description of Work
NEVER USE THEM!!! I called regarding a gas leak around my water heater and it took them 30 hours to call back. Thank you America's 1st Choice Home Warranty for putting my family at risk. I called regarding 3 other repairs and they found an excuse every time not to provide service.

08/12/2015

Betty L.

I'm giving America's 1st Choice Home Warranty an F (Lousy) rating because that's as low as the ratings go, if there were a rating that was lower they would fit!!! Please be warned that they seem to be more reliable and responsive if you have an annual contract (But you're taking a chance.) DO NOT agree to a three (3) year contract as I did and then have them not provide service, Lie about their intentions, create nothing but suffering (Air out for days: 94-97 degree weather) So discouraged by their lack of reliability and competence that I paid for repairs out of pocket....there is no excuse for a company to treat their customers this way other than they are incompetent and not to be trusted. I?m hoping this review will help save others from expensive aggravation - Stay away from AFC!!!

Description of Work
Home warranty to provide customers with home repairs with a deductible of $60.

07/13/2015

David N.

first service still to be provided.

Description of Work
Home warranty

06/29/2015

Sharon P.

They sent a man here that didn't show up. I pay them every month thinking of canceling the contract. Now I have to get my oil burner fixed out of my own pocket. I am not happy.

Description of Work
Nothing after jerking me around for a month said they couldn't fix it it was a maintenance problem.

04/28/2015

Jawdat E.

One claim was to fix a furnace. The CHO technician said the system was repaired years ago not in accordance with the right code. When I called my own technician at my expense and fixed the unit I was told that the blower motor failed through common wear and tear after ten years of service and had nothing to do with old repairs. Another claim was also denied for a water heater that needed to be replaced after 15 years of service. They claimed that the shell was rusty. I paid the $450 up front in may of last year and $45 each time a technician was sent to do service. I reported my experience to the BBB.

Description of Work
Every time I called for service CHO sends a technician that charges $45 for the trip and gives a reason why CHO does not honor the claim.

Category home warranty companies

This person is not a client of ours and our service fee is not $45.00 This review needs to be removed immediately as he is not in our system.

01/19/2015

Rajy P.

I had problems with my Central Air Conditioning...I called for Service- America's First Choice Warranty, which I enrolled in March 2014. They wanted to know if the Air Conditioner was serviced in the previous 12 months..and wanted a receipt-invoice from that service I faxed them the receipt..it was a service receipt from a local repair service. They called the guy, asked for his license #, found out that he was working for a company, but he is not licensed. So they informed me that the Air Conditioner contract is null and void, and refused service. This was in the middle of Summer and I had to wait a couple of days, for their decision, before I called for private repairs. I have repeatedly called to cancel the contract, without any success. It was paid for one year. I will NOT renew this service. Thanks

Description of Work
They re fused coverage

Category home warranty companies

You must have your HAVC systems serviced every year. This is part of all home warranty programs not just us.

12/15/2014

JESSE S.

On 10/10, I called AFC about a leaking dishwasher. One Way Appliance Repair was hired to come out to look at the leaking dishwasher. They came out and I had to pay the $65 service call based off AFC requirements. One Way Appliance Repair wrote up on the service repair ticket that I needed a new dishwasher. When AFC contacted One Way Appliance Repair to ask about the repair, they informed AFC that the issue was because the dishwasher was installed incorrectly, this information was provided to them verbally. The service ticket stated that I needed a new dishwasher, not that it was installed incorrectly. The dishwasher was installed in 1997 when the home was built and had no issues. They didn’t even pull the dishwasher out when they were here so, how can he determine that it was installed incorrectly if he didn’t pull it out. So AFC doesn’t want to provide a new dishwasher since One Way Appliance Repair stated it was installed incorrectly.

Description of Work
They provide a home warranty for my appliances.

Category home warranty companies

We value this client and we are sorry we could not help her in this one case, we had several others claims we were able to cover per terms but in this case the tech verified it was not installed correctly which lead to the failure. We tried to offer a goodwill but the client chose to cancel.

11/13/2014

Loretta P.

Will never join a home protection again

Description of Work
I paid for the plan up front rather than pay $45 per month. I called to get My air conditioner repaired. The man ran through trying to find things I did wrong. I had placed a new filter I was only to pay $45. He charged me $200. Said if I didn't pay. He'd take the part off. Said I should have Hosed off the air unit in the yard. I told humid would. He took a water hose. Used my water. Hosed it off. I called The company. They said. Mane. You let him cheat you. I said You sent him out. I told them to refund my money. They subtracted about 3 payments. That I hadn't used Gave me $150. So it cost me $400. Total lost

Category home warranty companies

This person does not have coverage with us, he is not in our system as a client nor has he ever been.

07/07/2014

Georgiann C.

It was not good. I didn’t like their service. I felt like they should not have made the customers pay for the work and then get reimbursed, waiting for months to get their money back.

Description of Work
I used America's 1st Choice Home Warranty for home warranty service.

This is not our client

06/21/2014

Praveen B.

Since the repair could not be scheduled from the home warranty company, I got the work done from the contract

Description of Work
We tried to reach the home warranty company to schedule repair work on the refrigerator. It was not possible to reach them even after we were on hold for 45 mins on telephone. Very bad customer service and it appears that this home warranty company care for getting money from the customers and not provide services.

Category appliance repair, home warranty companies

06/10/2014

Dale S.

I did not inquire with this provider. Not sure why you list it as inquiry.

Description of Work
I did not engage in any service from this provider nor did I even inquire.

05/22/2014

Michael R O.

I was perfectly happy with the services provided to me by America's 1st Choice Home Warranty. They called and were prompt. The tech was friendly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They fixed our refrigerator.

Category appliance repair

05/05/2014

Satira S.

This is a scam. They will cover your home until you need a repair.

Description of Work
Paid $1200 for a warranty. After 3 months I submitted a claim and Universal Administrators informed me that my house did not qualify for a warranty and therefore I was out of luck. Refused to fix my appliance or refund my money after they canceled my warranty. I have hired an attorney.

Category home warranty companies

This review is not for AFC Home Warranty. We have no affiliation with Universal Administrators and this client is not a member of AFC. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help her here. We wish this person luck in the future, and we are sorry for what she has gone through with this other company. Please remove this negative review from our link as it is for the wrong company.

03/29/2014

Debbie L.

Was covered as home seller then transferred to home buyer at date of closing. Felt very secure with having the protection

Description of Work
I purchased home protection for my home I had on market to sell. Went well.

03/25/2014

SANDRA O.

I called to get my dishwasher serviced. They said they could not service it because it was pre-existing and that it was RED FLAG. I was within the timeframe of their waiting period. They refused to help and had me going back and forth saying they would call me back so she could talk to her supervisor. This took an 2 additional weeks and they still said no. In the meantime, they were very unprofessional and I do not recommend them at all. They pick and choose what they will fix...In the meantime, I was already three months into my policy and I basically just gave them my money for nothing. They gave me NO Peace of Mind ; as a Home Owner. Very Disappointed...

Description of Work
That's the problem...Nothing!

03/14/2014

tony B.

We bought a home in 2012 that came with a 1 year home warranty contract through this company. 3 months in our dishwahser stopped working. We looked in our contract for the home warranty and saw it was covered so we called. They charged us $60 for one of their "guys" to come take a look. They guy came and left and we were denied any help or replacement because the guy said the polarity was backwards and they don't help if that is the case. They tried to claim the dishwasher was not in working order when the warranty was started. I refuted that by saying our home inspector tested and signed off on the dishwasher as working before we bought the home, and that it had worked for months since moving in. I spent hours calling, threatening, and complaining before they finally got sick of me and provided a new dishwasher through Sears at no charge. I think most people would have given up. They denied my claim and said there was no way they could help me 3 or 4 times before giving in. This is a horrible company and they will try to scam you. Luckily I am good with contracts and knew I was right. I was about to contact my lawyer!

Description of Work
What did the providor do? They watsed countless hours of my time by me having to fight tooth and nail to get them to honor their contract

03/05/2014

Fredric A.

It didn't turn out good. The person who they sent to do the heat pump, was a scam, and created a make work, that would have me pay 2000 Dollars in cash. That was absurd. I didn't have them do any work. I will use them as long as I have insurance.

Description of Work
I spoke to America's 1st Choice Home Warranty.

02/12/2014

Margaret C.

Don' t use this company. Run away

Description of Work
Changed wax ring in toilet, replace tank bolt. It took over two weeks for company to respond to water leak, then another two weeks to get it completed. Proble with this home warranty company, they sell you a coverage plan, but don't have any companies that will respond to request for service.

01/23/2014

Michele B.

Horrible experience. Run, don't walk, away from this provider. Liars. They will take your money and provide nothing. Purchased a home warranty with them as suggested by my real estate agent. Big mistake. One month after we purchased the home, we noticed the hot water would not stay hot for more than 5 minutes or so. Called them to have a plumber come to check. They said it was likely a pre-existing condition, and it was too close to my grace period being over. Complete B.S. We had a home inspector sign off on all our systems saying they were in working order. The homeowner also had an inspection that they shared with us; same finding. For them to just come right out of the gate and cite pre-existing condition before even coming out here is unscrupulous. I screamed at them and they said they "could" send someone out, but it would likely not be covered... and then they repeated that I was too close to my grace period. Um, if you require a longer grace period PUT THAT IN YOUR CONTRACT. Also, the house is not new... the whole thing is a pre-existing condition. The only way they would cover anything with that logic is if you had a brand new home with all new appliances. And even then... if it was too close to your grace period they would likely cite pre-existing condition. Just crap.

Description of Work
I called them to make my first claim after my 30 day grace period and they refused service.

01/20/2014

Cheerawit T.

I have a horrible experience with America's 1st Choice Home Warranty company. Sale department is really easy to deal with, but the Claim Department is other different story. 1. My A/C unit had an issue, I gave the warranty company a call and sent the document of servicing A/C unit. The representative told me they will schedule for the technician. I wait almost a month for the technician before I called the home warranty company again.They told me they never the document. I totally called them three times, and waited almost 2 month before my A/C got fix. Even though the technician suggest the home warranty company to replace the A/C unit, but the warranty company insist to do it in the cheap way by fixing. It was fine. I understanded. As long as the A/C worked, I was good. 2. My bathroom had plumbing issue, I called the warranty company. The representative told me they will schedule for the plumber. I waited couple days, I never get contact from anyone. I called the warranty company, representative told me they will schedule for the plumber as soon as she could. Again, nobody showed up or contacted me. As the result, I decideed to spend from my own pocket for the plumbing because I felt it bother me to deal with home warranty company. I couldn?t wait for 2 month like the first event for plumbing because I needed to take a shower. 3. Two month after fixing A/C, there was an issue with the A/C again. This time I did not even bother to called warranty company , I paid from my own pocket. 4. I got a phone call from the A/C company which came to fix my A/C at the first event that they never got pay from home warranty company, and they tried to asked me to pay for that bill. The company collects fee monthly. However, when there is an issue with clients? houses ,I feel the company doesn?t take pride of they promise. They try not to resposd, postpone, or not even pay the contractor. Finally, I cancel the agreement because it is not helpful and worthed. Good luck for your business. Thank you

Description of Work
They ignore their client.

12/02/2013

Jennifer R.

A family member was severely shocked by a malfunctioning outlet, and we discovered that the electrical panel wouldn't trip. An electrician sent out by this warranty company tried to tell us that the panel was fine, even though he couldn't make it trip either. They sent a second electrician out, who told us that the panel needed to be replaced, then told the warranty company something different. We finally got our own electrician out, who tested all the circuits properly and determined that the panel needed replacing. After much argument and calls back and forth, the Warranty company finally agreed, but would only pay 2/3 of the cost. Our electrician agreed to install it for that amount, just because he was nice. When we had a plumbing problem (clogged and overflowing drain) the warranty company scheduled a plumber. I looked up the plumber on Angie's list and he rated an F! I called back and asked them to send someone with a better reputation. They said that all their service people were licensed and that they wouldn't send anyone out for at least a couple of days, or more. Again, several calls back and forth. We wound up getting our own plumber.

Description of Work
Warranted a condo for malfunctions in a/c, frig, plumbing, electrical, etc. The initial $300 something price went up to over $500 upon renewal.

11/02/2013

Terry S.

Lower Trip fee than most home warranty plans and low monthly payment. You may add other options if you need them. I have not had to call on them yet but never know when I will need to I feel better knowing I can afford the trip fee to get my repairs done when needed. Thank You, Teresa Swaney Choice Home Warranty 888-531-5403 www.choicehomewarranty.com

Description of Work
Home warranty service

DLM HEATING & AIR, INC.

Specializing in all of your heating and cooling services, installs, replacements, repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical

**2018, 2017, 2016,2015, 2014, & 2013 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER!** During the past 30 years, Casteel Heating and Cooling has been one of the most respected names in metro Atlanta for heating and air conditioning. Since then we have grown and added a Plumbing and Electrical division with some of the industries best technicians! We are now offering experts in hydro jetting to clear even the worst clogged drains in your commercial or residential property. With over 30,000 5 star and A+reviews, the #1 Plumber in Atlanta as voted by Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine, and having been awarded Top 25 Small Business of the year -7 times in a row, Casteel is your only call to have your home repairs completed in a timely and budget friendly manner by the best! When we say "We'll take Amazing Care of You," we guarantee it! Your Amazing Care continues to our craftsmanship, technician know how, and even to the job clean up. Your home will be left as if we were never there. Knowing that you are a satisfied customer is our top priority and each survey is personally seen and responded to. As one of the top Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical companies in the metro Atlanta area, Casteel is your one and only call for your home service needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Casteel Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical on Angi
    All Pro Duct & Air

Thank you for your consideration of All Pro Duct & Air for your air duct and dryer vent cleaning needs! At All Pro, we offer over 20 years experience in the HVAC industry! Our reputable, knowledgeable staff offer a superior service, at a competitive price! We are 5 star rated on all platforms, so you have the assurance that you're receiving the BEST customer service and quality application in the market today! Give us a call today to improve your indoor air quality!

Home Warranty.