Actual Painting & Home Renovations

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2009

1550 Terrell Mill Rd

Marietta, GA 30067

Whether it's getting your home remodeled or fixing damage that's been done to your home, we're here to help you every step of the way. Actual Painting & Home Renovations has been around since 2008, so we really mean it when we say we're here to help you. ...

04/09/2017

Samantha C.

Bryan came out and gave me a quote for painting 1 great room, staining/matching hardwood floors, recessed lighting in the kitchen, and gutters. I felt the price was fair but the work was not complete when I paid him the final 50% as he does 0% of the work--he subs everything out. He told me that someone was going to come back to finish some trim work that was required during the flooring. He was 100% responsive during the job, quickly hearing back from him during the 7-10 days they were doing the job. Once he was paid the final amount, I was able to reach him 1 time after calling approximately 5x, and he responded that he would personally come out to complete the work if needed. Fast forward 6 weeks and about 15 left messages (which isn't even possible as his VM could no longer accept messages) and he is nowhere to be found. I joined Angie's list to prevent this from happening again as I have more work to be done on my house. I would never recommend this company to anyone--the work they complete is satisfactory for the most part, but I would just never pay the final amount until he was 100% finished the job--you will never hear from the guy ever again. The guy is simply spread too thin as he doesn't do any work himself--he just estimates--so if a problem does come up his subs will never return on a job where they have already completed 90% of the work or so. Totally lousy experience and the only way he responds to calls/texts is when you owe him money!

Description of Work
Paint, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, gutters

Category contractors, flooring contractor, gutter repair, remodeling, interior painters

03/09/2014

Nancy S.

The team was on time and extremely thorough. They made sure all furniture, cabinets, floors, and counters were protected before painting. All rooms painted were thoroughly cleaned after painting. The head painter walked around with me as they were finishing and touched up all places as requested.

Description of Work
Interior painting of walls and one ceiling plus small drywall repair

Category interior painters

11/17/2013

ALLEN T.

The crew performed all work except for caulking a window as quoted. After 6 months the new door they installed would not close correctly. I informed the owner of the company about this problem but he did not want to honor his 5 year warranty. What is also questionable and of concern is this company keeps changing names. I would not recommend Four Seasons Home Improvement or whatever the new name is of this company.

Description of Work
Installed new window, new door & door frame, painted woodwork and door frame.

Category egress windows, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

06/14/2013

Robert H.

Category remodeling, house painters

04/01/2013

Donald M.

This was a water damage restoration event. After the damaged area was gutted and dried out, Four Seasons came out and provided a thorough estimate for replacing the portions of the drywall and ceiling that were gutted as well as painting all those areas. While they were not the least expensive, they were complete and provided some guidance for the project. They were prompt as agreed and did a very good job - all as agreed. They completed the project on time.

Description of Work
Drywall and ceiling replacement. Also interior painting of those areas.

Category drywall, interior painters

02/11/2013

Donald W.

Everything about them was good. They were thorough and gave me a rendering that I could use with home owners association to get approval.

Description of Work
Four Seasons Home Improvements gave me a quote for a deck.

Category decks

11/19/2012

Susan H.

same as above

Description of Work
I set up for an estimate for improvements to our front door. A representative came on time and was polite. But I never heard back from then regarding the estimate. I called at least twice and was told that they were delayed due to high volume. I never heard anything from them at all.

Category egress windows, house painters

04/18/2012

Virgil P.

I thought they needed to be replaced, but it turned out they only needed to be repaired. They were timely and their work was good. I don't have any complaints about their work. We didn't have to call them back for anything. Their work was very satisfactory. They were perfectionists. Their price was average, the same as everybody else. I would recommend them to anybody, and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Four Seasons Home Improvements repaired some gutters for me. They replaced the old gutter caps with some new ones.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

02/22/2012

Micki N.

Four Seasons approached us and we spent time discussing in detail our plans for a screened in porch which involved a new roof, landscaping, etc.. The individual who met w us seemed knowledgeable though young. He left w all his notes and a promise to get his numbers together and a plan and would contact us again in few days.That was probably nine months ago. We chose not to call him bc we had no desire to become involved w a contractor who didn' t even follow up w a new customer. Today, nine months later, they called and said my project manager was running a little late but would here in 30 minutes. I replied I have no project and I don't know this guy. My caller reacted w surprise and began repeating himself as if I actually do have work going on here. So they didn't proceed with our project 9 mos ago, they ran late today, they have in their records that their guy is working on my non-existent job, and the person who is actually waiting for them is undoubtedly still waiting. Too bad, I still want a screened-in porch!

Description of Work
They never returned.

Category house painters, sunrooms

I have searched through our records and database and cannot find any record of: (Member's Information) There is also a Four Seasons Painting and Home Improvement located in Roswell, GA as well. Two different companies. You may want to check in with them. I do apologize for the confusion.

02/17/2012

MARVIN L.

I felt good about the quality of the job. I thought the price was fair. They provided some materials and I provided some. They did get delayed. I will use them again to do some trim painting.

Description of Work
I used Four Seasons Home Improvements.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

02/09/2012

JOYCE B.

They were very attentive and their price point was good. I felt like it was a good value. It wasn't the cheapest and it certainly wasn't the most expensive. They followed up. I was always able to reach them on the phone. They were here when they said they would be here. They cleaned up as I hate mess. I would recommend them to family members and friends. If somebody were really, really cheap one would want to give them an A, but if one gets what they pay for then it's really not an A. Their price was very fair. I would give them an A or a B on their price. I would give an A+ on their responsiveness. They actually did a great job.

Description of Work
Four Seasons Home Improvements did some painting for me last summer. They also did some repair work and little building stuff. They had worked for me 2 years ago as well.

Category remodeling, house painters, interior painters

01/19/2012

Stephen B.

This company sent a technician out the same day that I called and he gave me a thorough and fair estimate for replacing the door and all its hardware and repainting it to its original color. The only reason I did not use them is because they were not immediately available to complete the repairs.

Description of Work
I called on this company to request a quote to repair an office interior door that had been damaged from an attempted break in.

Category woodworking

12/19/2011

Laurie L.

They were very respectful of my time and did not make me wait around for them. They finished on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
They did some deck refinishing for us.

Category deck cleaning

Thank you for your kind words. If you have any questions or concerns please, feel free to contact us at anytime.

08/01/2011

Sydney W.

Company came out to see house to provide an estimate. They said they would email the estimate the next day, but I never received it. I called the contractor a couple of days later and he said he was going to email it that evening, and I never received it and have not heard from them since.

Description of Work
NO WORK DONE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT FOLLOW UP OR PROVIDE AN ESTIMATE

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, doors

I cannot find any record of you in our database. I searched every way I could. By first name, last name, address, etc....There is two Four Seasons Home Improvement companies. Ours, and one with an owner by the name of Aurtoro. This mix up happens quite often. They took our company name and we have no legal recourse against it. So, we have no way of resolving any mix ups in the future. Like I said, I searched for you in every possible way. I could not find any record of you in our system at all. If you have any more questions and concerns please call us at 678-528-13333. Make it a great day!

02/22/2011

Brian O.

I hired Four Seasons Home Improvement to paint the exterior of my home. Additionally, I directed them to replace any rotten wood or trim. They did an awesome job! Definitely exceeded my expectations. Not only did they replace rotten trim that I knew about, they went further and replaced other damaged or rotten pieces that I was unaware of, including a woodpecker hole in the chimney. They also went beyond and painted the metal roof section of my house. What a difference that has made. It looks like a brand new roof. The crew was very professional and they work very hard. I was so impressed that I hired them to do some interior painting too. They painted my foyer, hallway, office and kitchen, with perfect precision and it all looks great. Again, very professional job especially at the point where the wall meets the ceiling -they painted that perfect. I'm now getting an estimate for them to stain my fence. I keep finding myself asking them for estimate after estimate, they are that good and I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting (siding and trim) Replace all rotten wood trim and/or siding Interior painting (foyer, hallway, office, kitchen and all trim)

Category contractors, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

12/27/2010

JOYCE B.

One impressive thing worth comment... we had misunderstanding about payment... TRULY just a misunderstanding... no one's fault but...THEY APOLOGIZED and send a NOTE!! Very nice! I really appreciated that. I can deal with things occasionally not going as planned, but that gesture did not go unnoticed! =) How great!

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of our house and made some repairs.

Category house painters

It was a pleasure working for you member! Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad we were able to resolve that payment matter for you. I hope you are pleased with our work, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

12/24/2010

George S.

Very professional, responsive and thorough. Interim cleanup could have been some better, but was overall acceptable. Mauricio and crew were very quick to resolve punch list, which was very minor.

Description of Work
remodeled downstairs, removed a wall, trim and finish work, installed hardwood floors and ceramic tile, replaced windows, doors, painted interior, hung and finished sheetrock, built a beautiful mantle, removed built in cabinets, removed wallpaper.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, wallpaper removal, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Thank you for the kind report. We always enjoy doing work for you and look forward to helping you our with any and all needs in the future!

12/22/2010

It was just fine. They did good work. We don't have the rotted wood anymore.

Description of Work
They worked on our front door leak. They painted the wood that they replaced.

Category contractors, house painters, doors

12/22/2010

Janice T.

It was wonderful. I was very pleased with them and the quality of their work. The fellow we dealt with was Mauricio. He was very prompt. Anytime I called he called back immediately. He kept me informed off how it was going. They were very professional. I have another project that I am going to have them do after the new year.

Description of Work
They installed new siding and new windows. They have done other miscellaneous jobs. They did some exterior painting with the siding. They did a lot of work on a screened in porch and painted it as well.

Category decks, siding, replacement windows, house painters

Thank you! We are so glad your experience with us was a pleasure. We look forward to working with you this year. Don't hesitate to call us any time!

12/17/2010

Jason M.

What a pleasure it was working with Four Seasons Home Improvements. I called to get an estimate and they came out the very next day and answered all of my questions and concerns. They gave me an extremely fair price and even negotiated with me with no hassle when I told them my budget. The project manager was at my home at least once a day to check in on his crew and made sure they handled every last detail to perfection. The clean up process was very impressive. I could not even find one drop of paint, dirt, dust, ect...! This was a very smooth and pleasurable experience compared to all the headaches I have dealt with in the past. I have been looking for a good home improvement company for years and I have finally found them. I will be calling them for all and any of my future projects. I'd like to thank every crew member and my project manager Mauricio for a great overall experience!

Description of Work
I had hail damage to my roof, wood rot in areas around the exterior of my home, an 11 year old paint job and an unfinished bathroom that has just been waiting to be remodeled.

Category roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters

Thank you! It was a pleasure working for you and your family. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you out on any future projects.

07/14/2010

Alan R.

They quoted the job and we asked about the 20% senior discount that was advertised on Angies List. We were told that the lowest price was already quoted and they couldn't lower it any more. We accepted the original price and asked them to start. Before the job was finished we received an Angies List coupon in the mail for 15% off. We were told we couldn't get that either and that basically, everyone gets a discount when the job is quoted. Although I'm satified with the work, I thnk their advertising is less than honest. During the work I had some questions, but no one on the crew spoke English. This was a major problem because there were things that weren't being done right and had to be re-done later. The work was satisfatory but not exceptional. I paid a fair price so I'm not unhappy with the final outcome, allthough I did expect better workmanship.

Description of Work
We had a pergola that needed repair. The support collumns were replaced and the entire pergola was stained. 4/2/11 Update The collumns have started separating from the deck. Over the past several weeks I have called Four Seasons many times. Many times they promised to fix the problem. However, they have not shown up on any promised date and now when I call they just put me off without any specific promise to do anything. As a result, I've had to change my rating. Because of the problems with the collumns, I now consider their workmanship to be poor. And because of their lack of response, their responsiveness and professionalism is also poor. 4/3/11 Update The repair work was done and I've modified my rating again. I would have prefered a more timely response, but it looks like they did a good job.

Category woodworking, house painters

We did work with this customer on price. We honored a %15 discount we were offering at the time and followed through with it. It was a pleasure working for the members. We look forward to hearing from you in the future!

12/22/2009

Janice T.

Their work was very professional and excellent workmanship and service. They were prompt at appointment times and called back to make sure workers were there and completed jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced siding on house, made repairs on deck and screened porch. Painted.

Category decks, siding, deck cleaning, house painters

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work on your home! We look forward to hearing from you in the future!

09/18/2009

MAURICE D.

Bryan Aries has been very professional and courteous, as were the installation crew. The work was done on time and as promised. We subsequently hired this company for an interior repair for our home.

Description of Work
Rain gutters removed and replaced.

Category gutter repair

Thank you so very much for allowing us to be your Home Improvement company. It was a pleasure working with you on your project. We strive to always Exceed Your Expectations!

09/03/2009

Paul D.

The crew was great! Well organized, efficient and easy to communicate with. Brian was the sales person that contracted our job and was out at the site every day to check on progress. The crew did everything Brian said they would do. They spent quite a bit of time on the prep. work. This was the first indication that these guys were professionals. The entire job was done in 3 days and at the end the crew leader and Brian walked around the house with me to make sure that nothing was missed and that the work was complete and up to my standards. I normally do most of my own house painting and I know a lot about paint products and how paint should be applied. I am extremely picky about work done on my house. I will always monitor contractors as they begin their work in order to determine their skill level. I was very happy with these people. They did things properly the first time. They did exactly what I wanted and did it very well. My wife and I are very happy with the completed project and will use Four Seasons Home Improvements again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of all wood surfaces and iron railings. Wood surfaces were painted with 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Duration paint. Dryvit stucco bands around the windows were also painted using Sherwin Williams Loxon paint, also 2 coats.

Category house painters

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. We appreciate them and the chance you gave us to work on your project. We always try to Exceed Your Expectations and hope we can do so again.

08/26/2009

SHIRLEY E C.

Thorough, efficient, polite, capable, punctual and tidy. Joy to deal with. Fast and satisfied with all of the work.

Description of Work
Painting, carpentry, sanding, gable replacement

Category contractors, woodworking, house painters

Thank you so much for wonderful comments and the chance to work on your project. We appreciate the time you took to add this review and look forward to working with you again.