SUTTLES HARDWOOD FLOORS

Macon, GA 31204

Flooring...

04/27/2017

Michael B.

The floor looks good except their are 3or4 raised up places the flooring is uneven.l told the guy about this. He said not to worry about it . It's got a warranty.

Description of Work
The flooring in the family room,kitchen dining room and the kitchen

07/14/2016

Rebecca B.

Description of Work
Refinishing and repairing old floors and placing new floors in the entire house. Did excellent work.

07/28/2015

Scott S.

Dennis and Harold showed up bright and early on Monday and got right to work. They are an awesome team and work so well together; you can tell this is not their first rodeo!! The flooring is absolutely gorgeous, Julie and my wife picked an awesome pattern that looks wonderful in our house. The men cleaned up their mess, inside and outside and even helped move some large furniture pieces to their new home. I couldn't say enough good things about their skill, their work ethic and their courtesy. I also could not help but compare them with the crew that had come from Lumber Liquidators. Totally different in every respect. Dennis told me that he always worked like he was installing the flooring in his own home. I respect that attitude and wish everyone had it, then we wouldn't need an Angie's List! The final cherry on this experience came as the guys were cleaning up. Julie came over with a bag of goodies which contained a generous supply of products to maintain our brand new floors. She went over the maintnence with my wife and I. The whole experience was one of friends helping friends, not just a business transaction. I was most positively impressed by the professionalism of the entire team and would most highly recommend them for any of your flooring needs. If we need more flooring, it will most definitely come from Suttle's!!!

Description of Work
We had moved into a new home in Macon, GA. My wife was eager to replace the carpeting in the dining, living room and foyer; all three adjacent rooms. We had an absolutely dreadful experience with Lumber Liquidators. On the day they walked out of our house 1/4 of the way thru the install; I did what I should have done in the first place: I looked at Angie's list. I found Suttle's flooring, called and talked with Julie Suttles. I explained our situation and she was able to get her husband Todd over to check out our problem THAT AFTERNOON!! After LL, this was like a refreshing breath of air! Todd explained to us that the LL installers (their best crew) had totally messed up our flooring install. They had started to install the engineered flooring over particle board, a BIG no no! We had to wait a few days for Dennis and Harold to come fix our problem. They found that the three boxes of flooring installed by LL were unusable and had to be re-ordered and the job could not be finished that day. My wife and I had discussed our purchase from Lumber Liquidators and were having a severe case of buyers remorse. The only good thing I would say about LL is that they did allow us to return the flooring. Me wife went to Suttle's flooring and, with Julie and Todd's help found an alternate floor that was available up in Atlanta. Now comes the astounding part of the story: Todd drove up to Atlanta and picked up my flooring and brought it to the house and helped unload his truck. Absolutely unbelievable!!!! I might add that Harold helped me load the LL flooring onto my trailer to return to Byron.

01/21/2015

Robert B.

07/30/2014

Nanci M.

Description of Work
Removed carpeting and disposed of it and installed hardwood flooring in living room and breakfast nook.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

05/16/2014

Thomas B S.

I received a free firm fixed price estimate to start. They arrived on time when they said they would. Every aspect of their performance was first class and totally professional I had prepared myself for a lot of dust and extra cleanup, but this did not happen. Their equipment minimized the dust from the start, and our home was cleaner when they left. Todd Suttles arrived with the first work crew and checked back in periodically. He told me that the floor, when finished, would look better than new. I found that hard to believe, but it does indeed look better than it did when it was first installed. I'll never ever go anywhere else for hardwood floor work.

Description of Work
Suttle's sanded, stained and varnished four rooms of hardwood floors that had faded, been discolored by sunlight and UV

03/26/2014

cynthia H.

Description of Work
Measured windows..matched color...installed custom made plantation shutters.

Category window treatments, woodworking

07/02/2013

Amanda E.

They were extremely accommodating as there were some health issues that they had to work around(on our end). The floors look brand new and are so much easier to keep up with.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors.

06/10/2013

Robin R.

It went very well. The only thing I didn't like was having to stay away from the house for 3 nights but that wasn't Suttles fault, the floors couldn't be walked on because of having to dry completely. Over all they were always on time and did exactly what they said they would do.

Description of Work
When I recently bought a house the old owners had left the hardwood floors in awful shape. Suttle's came in and not only removed all scratches they also tore out the carpet in the hallway and made those hardwoods look great as well.

02/02/2013

Shannon S.

Very bad!! We had to leave the house because all of down stairs had to be refinished because we had water damage in the kitchen. We spent 2 nights off and the work was STILL not done. I came to check on the progress one afternoon after work it was 4:30pm in August in Georgia it was close to 100 degrees outside they had all my windows open (wasnt a problem) but they also had the air blasting full blast at the same time. I had to call several times to see when we could return home. We finally did because I never was able to get them nailed down on when we could return. I kept getting it may need some more time to dry. They put a hole in the restroom door down stairs. They lost peices of the quarter round trim on the floor. My back door was nailed shut because they put the trim down with the door shut. There were brown marks on all the trim on the floor. I ended up having to repaint ALL the quarter round because it had gashes and floor stain on it. In August 6 months pregant on my hands and knees trying to repaint the crap they told me would wipe off. I asked about the stain on the trim they said just take a rag to it and it would wipe off. They didn't refinish under the appliances. I don't think they even moved them. About 2 weeks later there was a 1' gap in the hardwood they had laid down to replace the wood that had water damage. I called p***** by then they sent some idot out to 'putty' it. Now I still have a 1' gap in the wood with cracked dried putty trying to cover up a bad job on their part. Now I have to use a rug to hid everything. A giant rug in the kitchen because they suck!

Description of Work
Awful, this was my first experience with any home repair on our first home.

11/02/2012

Dianne B.

It went very well. They were prompt, did everything they said they would. The crew was very professional. We were very impressed.

Description of Work
We had our hardwood floors sanded and new hardwood floors added in one room.

09/21/2012

Anne T.

eSee above

Description of Work
Did put down hardwoods. Did not do a good job. Pieces of wood around vents were not cut corrrectly, spaces between . Some boards were split, which they came back and tried to fix but with wood filler. Did not replace board. Mr. Suttles was called back about squeaking boards. He had told me if I let them do it (the job) he promised there would be no squeaks. I never saw where he discussed this with his work crew. I called Mr. Suttles about all the squeaking boards and he put lots of nails in floor but this did not help. Very very disappointed in this costly project.

01/05/2012

Art B.

It went very well; I was very satisfied with them. They were responsive to what we wanted and were willing to negotiate price. The owner kept his commitments and I will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Suttles Hardwood Floors.

07/20/2011

Richard H.

Todd Suttles was extremely responsive to all my needs. He and his team were very accommodating and exhibited high levels of professionalism. They do quality work and as far as I'm concerned, they are the only game in town. Job well done!!!

Description of Work
I recently purchased a home that had hardwood floors under carpet. I contacted Suttles about refinishing the floors. Todd Suttles came that same afternoon, reviewed the situation, and gave me a quote on the spot. Once I called him to approve the work, they began quickly and were dedicated to getting the job done.

06/13/2011

Dianne B.

It was a wonderful experience. The workers were very nice, trustworty and clean. He gave us good directions on how to keep them in good condition.

Description of Work
They refinished my hardwood floors.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Hardwood Flooring Insallation Hardwood Floor Sanding and Finishing Dust Containment Sanding