Mr. Electric of Middle Georgia

Georgia: General
06/30/2024

109 Macon W Dr Ste B

Macon, GA 31210

Award winning. Mr Electric is an electrical contractor specializing in residential & commercial service work. We accept most credit & debit cards. Additional DBA - Service Electric Inc. Contact the experts at Mr. Electric of Middle Georgia the next time you’re looking for an electrician to update your lighting, rewire your home or office, or handle any other electrical project....

4.3

electrician (76)lighting (21)window replacement (1)

03/22/2020

Dwight L.

Technician Jordan arrived in a timely manner. Helped me decide on a fixture and got it for me from Lowe's. He was highly professional, did the job in a timely manner and was courteous. The Mr. Electric office folks were professional and fast. I would do business again with them anytime,

Description of Work
Car port light fixture

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

02/04/2020

Nicole K.

Executed perfectly. Technician was knowledgable and friendly.

Description of Work
Repair electrical outlets

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

01/25/2020

Diane S.

We were in a rush to make the closing deadline and Mr. Electric was quick to respond with cheerful, professional, and reasonably-priced service.

Description of Work
Locate and repair a faulty ground.

Work Completed On 01/09/2020

12/28/2018

Al P.

Every step of this process, from the service quote to job completion, was timely and professional. Jacob Floyd, my technician, evaluated the scope of the work I wanted done and listened to my concerns about avoiding collateral damage to the siding and ceiling panels of the room. Jacob, covering all bases and doing his job, offered reasonable suggestions to enhance my needs that were both accepted and declined. Jacob and his helper arrived to perform the work on time and went about the task in a diligent, efficient and respectful manner. Although the initial quote for the job was more than I imagined, there were no major surprises and minor obstacles were handled in a calm, deliberate way. I have no problem, within reason, paying professionals for their expertise and reputation. If ever the need arises, I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Installation of electrical outlets to sunroom addition (which included a dedicated circuit).

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

12/14/2018

Lynn B.

He never returned my phone call to get him to come out and look at the job.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installed, electrical outlets repaired, check other wiring.

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Unless this was done under another name, we don't have a record of this person in our database & also we went back through our voicemails calls through December 4th & couldn't find a record of this call. Maybe they got us mixed up with someone else. But if we did in some way neglect to call this person back, we are certainly sorry that happened.

01/29/2018

Jennifer C.

Over priced. $200 plus dollars to replace a electrical outlet. But went ahead and paid because we didn't want the tenant waiting.

Description of Work
Electrical Outlet

Work Completed On 01/29/2018

09/30/2017

Pat S.

Awesome. Trey came out on time and gave me a quote on the requested project. I scheduled it and he returned the following week to perform the task. Will be calling again for more electrical work.

Description of Work
Needed to have 17 outlets updated in an older home.

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

07/07/2017

Abbie G.

Mr. Electric gives you a specific time to expect them. Not like some who say 8am - noon or noon - 5pm.

Description of Work
I had used Mr. Electric before. Was satisfied with the previous service and chose to call them. Will continue to use Me. Electric.

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

06/23/2017

Felton W.

They didn?t do what I asked them to do. They left a service off. I called them. They said it was going to cost more money to get what I wanted done. I said, ?no, no, no, it was included in the original price.? They said, No!? They haven?t done it, they say they won?t without being repaid. I want a 220-line put in my barn and they won?t do it without more money.?I don't have it up so I am going to leave it alone. Overall, they did a good job. It was cheaper than some and better than most. The quality of the work was outstanding. With the exception of the one line that they didn?t put in, the responsiveness was alright. It took them a week to do it. They came and they kept calling the lead guy out here, they kept calling him out to go to other jobs; and I didn?t agree with that. You?re assigned to a job you stay there until that job is done. I just didn?t care that they kept calling him out to do other things.

Description of Work
I had the whole house rewired.

Work Completed On 01/23/2016

05/31/2017

Gary R.

Fine. Quick scheduling. Repairs completed without complication. Service was punctual.

Description of Work
ballast replaced in florescent light. Repair to outside light.

Category lighting

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

05/24/2017

Angela B.

Randy did an Excellent Job. We are beyond satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
Replace part in electrical box.

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

04/26/2017

John W.

It went very well -- so well that we called the technician back to perform additional work.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting and correcting some non-functioning sockets and changing some light fixtures to LED

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/24/2017

David W.

DID IT RIGHT IN 2 DAYS VERY QUICK & PROFESSIONAL FINE SERVICE

Description of Work
NEEDED NEW ELECTRICAL BOX & REWIRING OF HOUSE COMPLETE OVER HAUL

Work Completed On 03/05/2016

04/12/2017

James W.

Expert troubleshooting found a very difficult problem.

Description of Work
Partial power out in a portion of one room.

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

11/08/2016

Lucy D.

very happy with results. tech was professional and knew about home electrical.

Description of Work
repair of, moving and installing ceiling fans.

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

07/28/2016

David T.

Kudos to Dina the Dispatcher and Reggie the Electrician; the two representatives of Mr Electric that I was exposed to for my service experience. I lost power to one of the main lines coming into my breaker panel, which meant I had power to only half of my home, and no 240 volt power at all (no AC in July!). The resolution was the replacement of my main breaker which required coordination with GA Power, drawing the overall resolution beyond normal. Reggie demonstrated professionalism and empathy during a period of considerable discomfort and inconvenience. He coordinated required parts replacement and necessary support from GA Power and implemented the repairs while keeping me informed along the way. Dina confirmed all appointments and I was never in doubt of scheduled activity. Finally, I had no complaints with regard to the service charges, which I felt were fair and reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Electric to others in the future, and in fact have already done so since my recent experience.

Description of Work
Restoration of service: loss of power to half of home.

Work Completed On 07/20/2016

05/21/2016

Laura V.

Randy was on time, courteous, and an expert in the field.

Description of Work
They came in and gave me an estimate in changing all of my outlets and receptacles. The estimate was approximately $1800.

Work Completed On 05/11/2016

04/02/2016

Traci P.

I have used Mr. Electric in the past and they are outstanding. Trey was the technician on this job, as well as the other jobs. He is friendly, very knowledgeable and does great work with minimal mess and clean up afterward. He even answered my questions and took time to explain what he was doing in a couple of cases, helping me understand which I always like. This is a top notch company. I don't mind paying for knowledge, expertise, professionalism and courtesy. And all the work has been done right the first time, every single time. As the late John Wooden, the former UCLA basketball coach, once said, "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it again?"

Description of Work
Replaced three ceiling fans; installed new ceiling fan in living room; installed two new security lights; replaced two security lights; replaced some outlets and switches; a few other minor tasks.

Work Completed On 03/30/2016

08/20/2015

Christine G.

It all went well and the company stood behind their work. See above for more details.

Description of Work
This was the second time I called Mr. Electric to work on my 1928 built home. They have done a great job both times. There was a little hiccup this last time, but Brian went above and beyond to correct the problem that recurred, right and quickly. The dryer began tripping the breaker and Randy found a plug with a burned wire and replaced it. Brian had to come back out as the breaker began tripping in real use, but tracked down the odd breaker for the old house and replaced it. Tre did an amazing job on the big job done earlier. He fixed all of the problems (including at least two missing junction boxes, took a light off of an extension cord and properly wired it, figured out how and why the plugs in the kitchen were not working and solved the mystery of the very dangerously wired outlet in the garage) and thoroughly inspected to make sure we had everything done in the attic. He even caught something that would have been a big mess when I hung a ceiling fan later. The price on the big repair list was incredibly reasonable. I will always call them.

Work Completed On 08/10/2015

06/16/2015

Gregory H.

The technician (I believe his name was Chris) was professional and friendly...he called when he said he would and he showed up on time. I even got a care package with a Mr. Electric drink coozie and pen! I would have hired Mr. Electric for the job if it wasn't so expensive (twice as much as estimates from other local companies). I'll keep Mr. Electric in mind for future jobs...they seem like a great company, just a bit on the expensive side.

Description of Work
A technician came out to give me an estimate on a GFCI installation for a hot tub.

Work Completed On 06/12/2015

04/23/2015

Christopher P.

The installs went very well. We have an older home and any upgrade is always a challenge which is why I rather hire someone to do this type of work rather than spend a day trying to do it myself. The technician was very knowledgeable and has done several installs at our home. I will continue to use this company for our electrical work.

Description of Work
Hung ceiling fans and replaced faulty closet light and switches. Also rewired some overhead lighting in a utility room

Work Completed On 04/06/2015

03/23/2015

Dorothy K.

Chris arrived on time. Provided us with an estimate; we decided to do the work and he was able to begin the job right away. He removed the old fan from the ceiling in the Master Bedroom and replaced with a fan we provided. In the Master Bathroom, he installed a ceiling fan. He placed it exactly where I ask, did all the electrical wiring and we are very satisfied. This is not the first time Chris has provided services for us. He is a pro, hard working and cheerful. I would call him again in a New York Minute! Some of my neighbors think Mr. Electric is pricey. I just know you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Replaced an existing ceiling fan in the Master Bedroom. Install a new fan in the Master Bathroom.

Work Completed On 02/23/2015

08/01/2014

ALEX S.

I told them to call me about 30 mins prior to coming so I didnt have to miss half day of work which they did. When I got home the technician Reggie came. He was very polite and ask what the problem was put his slippers on as he came into the house, so I told him the problem with the outside outlet. He went around the house did his checks and everything. He told me what had happened and got into a lot of details what to do if it happen again also gave me a lot of information about GFI outlets which caused the problem I had and where they were located and what they controlled, that I knew nothing about. He was a very great tech i may add....after that he came back with the bill and gave me a thank you package...

Description of Work
Was having no power to the outside outlet.