Five Star Painting of Central Georgia

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2015

3.8

Five Star Painting has house painters in Macon, GA who are well known for their excellent work and are ready to help you enhance your home’s appearance. Our service uses only the highest quality paint and materials so you are guaranteed a perfect painting job on your home....

Paint Boss GA

We are a veteran and family-owned, locally operated painting contractor. Being a local family-owned business, the ability to communicate with our customers is key. Each contract will detail the scope of work and will specify the exact products/materials that will be used. There are no hidden costs - we strive to deliver the most accurate bids in the business. Each project will be completed in the contracted time frame and will be monitored by a Paint Boss GA owner. There will also be a final walkthrough with the customer to ensure complete satisfaction.

D.K. Dorden Home Improvement

A company with over 30 yrs experience in all phases of home repairs and painting. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction blended with quality and professionalism. We are owner operated and I like to make sure my customers are satisfied before I leave. Please call or click for an estimate today!

Macon Homes and Construction LLC

Visit us at www.maconhomesconstruction.com Are you looking to upgrade your home or office? Uneasy with too many crew members? Macon Homes & Construction LLC offers a wide range of services from painting and pressure washing to carpentry and floor installation. Our small team provides an exceptional customer experience! We are owner-operated with 20+ years in the industry serving Macon and the surrounding area. Please provide as much detail as possible when submitting work requests.

Offers by Macon Homes and Construction LLC on Angi

06/13/2018

Tina W.

We chose Five Star based on reputation from a painter we go to church with who was too busy to do our job. We were told it would take 1 week and it took 2 weeks to complete. Subs were working on my home and other homes at the same time. Not only that but the cabinets were painted the wrong color even though they were given the exact name of the correct color. The floor and walls in kitchen and garage were poorly protected from the primer from the spray gun. It was so difficulty to deal with the crew that I did not even bother to change the improperly painted cabinets. To compensate, Five Star repainted my laundry room walls a different color at their expense. It was apparent that Five Star just subs out the work and does not properly follow up to assure quality. On 2 specific times I requested the owner to actually come to my home to see the quality of his subs work - he declined both times.

Description of Work
Repaint and caulk kitchen and laundry room cabinets

10/18/2017

Karen C.

The end product was good. However, there were some bumps along the road. The first crew they hired for our exterior work came a day and then never showed up again. So they sent a second crew. They ended up doing good work, but the shift in crews slowed the project. The interior crew did a good job, but overlooked some details. Once we pointed them out, they were remedied. Overall I had the impression that Five Star subs out their work to independent crews, and it seemed that we got some of the lower quality crews, at least to start with.

Description of Work
interior painting and exterior painting

09/07/2017

Tammy N.

An absolute NIGHTMARE! We put our house on the market and needed to spruce it up for a pending sale. We were on a timeline and I was very clear with the company about my expectations. We got an estimate of around $5400 to repair/paint the exterior of the house. I made the deposit and was told that the scheduler would call in a few days to schedule the work. Scheduler never called. Two weeks into this, I had to track down the scheduler. *I should have walked away* Finally, we get the work dates set. The day before work is to begin, the project manager and carpenters show up to assess the materials needed. They determined the estimate was VERY low. After phone calls with the project manager and the owner, I was told that an additional $1800 was needed to do the work “correctly”. We negotiate $1200 instead so I agreed to let the work continue (even though I felt baited) mostly because the owner gave his personal word that the project would be done well and on time. *I should have walked away*. Carpenters show up to replace damaged boards/trim and I’m told that the upcoming pressure washing may reveal more damage. NEW project manager shows up after carpentry/pressure washing work to do a color match for the new paint. She was very hurried in her tasks and even though I specifically said that samples needed to be taken from areas not exposed to the sun to get a true color match, I was ignored. *I should have walked away* Siding was not checked after carpentry/power-washing and painters were given the go ahead by the project manager to begin. They painted over the damaged wood using a color that DID NOT match the original house color. *I should have walked away* The project manager showed up the next day for a final walk through and agreed that there was still a significant amount of damage that had not been repaired. She also noted that the paint on one side of the house was “streaked”. When I showed her how “off” the color was (they did not remove the shutters when they painted so the original color was still available/visible), she was speechless. This happened early on a Friday. *I should have walked away* I was told the owner was going to be contacted and I would hear back about a plan of action. On Tuesday, I still hadn’t heard from Five Star so I messaged to say I wanted to terminate our contract. I was not home most of Tuesday and was surprised when my realtor texted to say Five Star was contacting them REPEATEDLY making threats of a lien, threatening to contact our closing attorney, etc. (I had a for sale sign in my front yard with my realtor’s contact information). I was even MORE surprised to pull into my driveway and find the owner and project manager on my property unannounced and pulling at my siding! The owner approached me with a huge smile and cheerful greeting, probably assuming my realtor hadn’t already contacted me. When I confronted them and asked them to leave, the owner became VERY aggressive. I had to repeatedly demand that they leave my property while he constantly challenged me. *I walked away*. Needless to say, both sides are lawyered up. If you are interested, I have dozens of pictures of what went wrong. The house was also viewed by a certified home inspector and a mortgage appraiser that “failed” the house AFTER Five Star painting completed their work.

Description of Work
Painting of exterior of the house to include repair/replacement of damaged siding boards and trim

Category house painters

[Member Name Removed], We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your recent project with Five Star Painting. We consistently make our best effort to ensure all customers receive the best service possible each and every time. Your concern is something we do not take lightly, however, we feel some aspects of the project are misrepresented in your review. We will follow up with you to discuss this directly. Thank you for the opportunity.

06/27/2017

Barbara G.

Great! They spent the time needed to caulk, sand, and dry thoroughly. Extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen cabinets that are 17 years old.

05/10/2017

Pat S.

The paint crew assigned to my job was a motley crew that complained from day one. On 2nd day of job they didn't even show up or call. Always had to keep a watchful eye out to ensure they were painting all the areas as per the agreement.

Description of Work
Painted exterior house and garage

04/24/2017

Amy H.

From beginning to end, the project went perfectly. The crew, project manager, and owner all went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with the finished project. Our house looks amazing, and we could not be happier! We can't wait to start more projects!

Description of Work
Our entire exterior needed painting (brick, and siding), along with a good bit of wood repair, and they did some wood work to my porch ceiling. They also painted several rooms inside the home.

04/23/2017

Sherry J.

Extremely eventful

Description of Work
This company is the worse painting company I have every worked with, they sub work out and the owner Michael Nungesser is rude, unprofessional and overbearing; I would not refer them to paint a dog's house. Please beware they send out an awesome salesman Jesse to sell a bag of bull please didn't believe the hype they are a glorified agency that subs out painting project.(middle man) hire your own painting crew that way you will have insight of the people in your home. I am glad they are on Angie's list because they don't tolerate their members being taken advantage of like Home Advisor they don't hold their pro's to the level of standards as Angie List does.

Category house painters,interior painters

I am sorry you are not pleased with your Five Star Painting Experience. There are some very important facts you failed to mention as well as other portions of this review are completely inaccurate. We will be in touch to help resolve this matter.

03/29/2017

Ted S.

Painting was accomplished in a timely manner. Company representative inspected work with me. The list of concerns developed during the inspection was addressed in a timely fashion. Some sheet rock cracks that were patched are now reappearing. I'm finding small paint spatters on furniture and wood floors. Overall the painting looks good.

Description of Work
Interior painting of walls and ceiling

08/09/2016

kimberly M.

Painters did a good job, but they were a few hours late to arrive both days (worked two days) and took a lot longer to complete the job than they promised. They would say "We'll be done within two hours", but would still be working five hours later. We're satisfied with how our living room looks, just a long couple of days with the painters.

Description of Work
Painted living room

07/22/2016

Ted S.

Category house painters

House Painting, Commercial Painting, Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Green Painting

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available