We accept remote payment

Harris Waterproofing & Construction Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since February 2010

510A Plantation Park Dr

Loganville, GA 30052

A family owned and operated business, Harris Waterproofing & Construction has been providing affordable basement and crawl space waterproofing since 1989. Our services include commercial and residential below grade waterproofing, interior drainage systems, crawlspace encapsulations and vapor barriers, dehumidification, bowed foundation wall correction, and crack repairs (with drainage system). We can add additional living space to your home by excavating a crawlspace into a full basement. To make sure our customers have peace of mind, and because we are so confident in the quality of our work, we offer permanent Life of Structure Warranties. We stand by our work and offer competitive pricing. Call for your Free Estimate today....

05/31/2019

Sun B.

Excellent - both times I've used them for crawlspace waterproofing and installing outside concrete drain

Description of Work
Waterproofing

07/19/2018

BETH AND ALAN M.

Tim is a great problem solver does not try to sell you anything. We had a complex issue, and he did a thorough analysis of all of the variables and came up with the correct solution. He’s very experienced, thorough and honest.

Description of Work
Basement water problems

11/17/2016

Michele O.

They came out and did the French drain and structure repair. They did and excellent job! My only complaint would be trying to get someone to call you back.

Description of Work
Crawl space repair, French drain, and structure repair.

Category concrete repair, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

04/13/2016

Larry N.

It went fantastic! The "new" concrete was perfect, and the drain line went outside where it will send any water that comes up into it, thus preventing ANY water from coming into the basement like it had before.

Description of Work
They installed a water drain line under the basement concrete floor to prevent the water table from coming up into the basement as it had done in the past. After the drain line was installed, they replaced the concrete they had removed from the floor and cleaned up all of the debri they had created from their work.

03/21/2016

Charles D.

We hired Harris for a water leak in our crawl space coming due to a crack in our foundation as well as foundation settling (home was originally build in late 70s). They created a drain system to take the rain water away from the house and sealed the foundation crack on both the interior and exterior. They had to dig 4.5 feet down to the foundation! In addition, they installed a pvc pipe on a downspout that had been backing up which would leak into our utility room. They were very mindful of existing landscaping we had recently done for plants, mulch and ground cover. The exterior looked as if nothing had ever been done. Well worth the wait as it did take a couple of weeks to get the appointment scheduled (lots of rain in Dec/Jan). We wanted to get this done right the first time and that is what Harris did. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing waterproofing work done.

Description of Work
Waterproofed leaking crawl space and utility room.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

12/30/2015

Ralph P.

Called Harris Waterproofing and the owner showed up and gave an estimate. I later call THREE separate times to arrange for the work to be done. On THREE separate occasions I was essentially ignored. We moved on. Sure would make good business sense to at least let me know they didn't want to do the job.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing

10/13/2015

Russell C.

Great experience - Tim is a first-class guy. Even jumped in with the crew when a crew member was out. Bottom line - price was competitive, professional crew, and crawlspace is dry as a bone. Don't waste your time calling anyone else (I called 5 different businesses).

Description of Work
Installed crawlspace drain around interior footer. Installed vapor barrier.

06/30/2015

LAURIE D.

Very professional and completed the job in 1/2 day. The yard looked better after they finished than before. I was especially impressed with the quality of the work crew and their professionalism. I would recommend this company to anyone in need of residential waterproofing for their home..

Description of Work
They waterproofed the side of my house that sits on a slab. They excavated down to the footing, built a water channel , waterproofed the side of the house up to a few feet above grade and then sunk a pipe and filled with rock. In addition, they buried all of my gutters so they drain below the surface and gave the home a much more tidy look ( no long drain lines from the gutters).

03/24/2015

William M.

There is no way around it--the process will be loud (jackhammering the floor) and very dusty. The Harris crew was hardworking and conscientious.

Description of Work
Installed interior french drain and sump pump for entire perimeter of basement.

03/02/2015

Traci H.

Everything went well; all interactions were professional; every appointment was kept and arrival was prompt. The work was completed as promised. The quality of the work looks outstanding. It will take some time, and more rain, to determine for sure if the solution worked, but I believe it will.

Description of Work
Installed an interior basement drain to solve a basement leak issue.

12/17/2014

Diego S.

A,t the beginning it went well. I even took the time to write a favorable review. However, after, not even a couple of months, I already have problems with the work performed by this company. My back yard still floods. It is better but far from good. Water still accumulates, in large quantities, directly below where they installed a pipe connected to the catch basin. Additionally, they moved dirt in the crawl space to install a footing drain. However, the dirt was not secured. Its now falling on top of the drain. Part of the new drain is covered in dirt. Furthermore, I had a vapor barrier in the crawl space. The vapor barrier was not replaced and secured. It is now, causing the dirt, to fall on the drain. Also, since vapor barrier is bunched up with bricks, it accumulates water that enters the crawl space. I called and emailed. They utilize an answering service so you'll never have the opportunity to speak to them when you call. They sometimes respond to emails. Finally, Tim Harris (Owner), came out to look at their work. He said he'll be back in 2 days and repair problem area. Tim Harris never showed up to repair problem area. This was about 2 weeks prior. I did not receive a call or email to reschedule. I had to chase them to reschedule. They gave me a piece of paper that said 'Warranty' and 'Work Guaranteed'. However, I seriously doubt its worth I threw away $3,700. I am now interviewing other companies to repair original problem. My problem is that I've lost faith and confidence in this company. If I had to describe their work in one word, I'd say 'Sloppy'. This review was submitted at 2:00 pm. Harris sent an email at 4:52 pm stating someone was coming to do partial repairs. I decided against it for the following reasons. First, I heard that before. Secondly, I'm going to refinish the basement which flooded during the torrential rain. If it does flood again (which appears likely), I'm going to have to wait a minimum of 3 weeks, for them to come out and do repairs. That's how long its been since initial contact. I can't wait that long, not good enough.

Description of Work
Install footing drain, separating crawl space and basement area and install catch basin the the back yard.

08/25/2014

Denise G.

Harris does large jobs. We had a very small job, so they agreed to work us in when they had an opportunity. We did have to wait a few weeks, but when they scheduled the work, they were there early, did a great job and were very conscious of details. We were very pleased with the work. (The work was done during July, 2013).

Description of Work
They constructed a wall and filled in an area where water had been seeping into the house between the concrete and wood in a downstairs corner, then added rocks to the area for better drainage and looks.

Category pavers, gravel, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

04/30/2014

Paul B.

Great experience. Tim Harris, the owner gave me the estimate, and a full description of the work to be performed. I interviewed six different companies. After doing my research, Harris was highly rated on angie's list and kudzu , and the price was among the lowest. They came on the day promised, completed the work on time, and were very professional. I couldn't ask for a better experience, and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Waterproofed my basement

04/18/2014

Paul B.

After doing my research and interviewing 6 differnt companies, I hired Harris Waterproofing and construction to take care of my waterproofing needs in my basement.. They had many good reviews on Angie's list, Kudzu and the BBB. The owner, Tim Harris, inspected the property. He gave me the best price and I was not dissapointed. They came when they said they were coming and completed the job in 3 days as promised. The crew was very professional. I would hire them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
installed indoor waterproofing system.

03/11/2014

James H.

Our house is nearly forty years old and has a finished basement that contains a mother-in-law apartment. In December, 2013, we had had several severe rainstorms which resulted in water entering the basement in several places where the floor met the walls. I joined Angie's List and started researching basement waterproofing companies that would do work in Fayette County since most of the contractors I knew no longer did that type of work. Based on the reviews and information in Angie's List, I contacted two listed companies and set up an appointment for someone to come out, look at my problem and offer a solution. The first company's representative arrived as promised, took a look at the situation and recommended that all work be done on the inside walls of the basement which would have resulted in tearing out and replacing finished basement walls as well as two thirds of the kitchen cabinets in the apartment's kitchen. The time frame and cost to do the demolition and restoration was too much. Harris Waterproofing was the second company that I had called. Tim Harris arrived 15 minutes early for the appointment. He looked at the problem and suggested that all work be done on the outside walls of the basement. He went through every step of the procedure to be sure that I understood the scope of the work and timeline. He was very knowledgable and answered all my questions. After working in the banking industry and dealing with contractors for over 35 years, I was very impressed by his professionalism and knowledge. He said that he would email me the next day a detailed estimate of the work to be done which he did do. The estimate which also served as a contract clearly stated all the work to be performed and the total cost. The cost was very reasonable for the amount of work to be done. I signed the contract that day and emailed it back to Harris Construction and called them to set up a start date. As would be our luck, the weather in January and February 2014 was not condusive to outside construction work with multiple days of rain and then the snow storm and then snow and ice storm. Harris stayed in constant contact with us as the start date had to be changed several times due to weather conditions. When we finally got a break in the weather and construction could start, utility company crews showed up and marked all the underground utility lines to the house, the Harris crew including Tim arrived early on the designated start morning. That day all excavation work was completed, and the first coat of waterproofing was applied before they left for the day. The second day of work the second coat of waterproofing was applied, the drain was installed along the basement foundation and out into back yard and the basement walls were back filled with dirt. On the third day, all the shrubs were replanted, the flower beds restored, the removed concrete decking replaced, and the ditch for the underground drain in the back yard filled in. When the work was completed on that third day, everything had been so well restored that you couldn't tell that any work had been done. It was completed on time as promised and for contract price. The work that they did well exceeded all of my expectations.

Description of Work
Harris started at the left side of my front porch, went across the left front of my house and down the left side of my house and excavated to the base of my foundation. After repairing any holes or cracks that he found, he applied two coats of waterproofing mastic. He then installed a 4" perforated footing drain imbedded in stone gravel along the basement walls and extended the gravity drain underground over 100' towards the rear of my lot. He cut through the concrete decking of my lower backyard deck to install the drain line and replaced the concrete that was removed. He back filled the excavation area, replanted the shrubbery in the flower beds and replaced all the pine straw in the flower beds.

02/27/2014

Bruce M.

It went fine. We had bad rains afterwards and there have not been any issues. It drained the way they said it would to the back yard.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my foundation.

02/05/2014

Kristen L.

Had to schedule a few weeks out after quote was agreed upon. To be honest I never saw them work. They came during the day while I was at work. The dug out around where the basement was leaking. They waterproofed the external wall and installed drainage around the house to help with water flow. They also dug out around a wall and installed a retaining wall made of landscape bricks. It has been almost six months and my basement is still dry. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Waterproofed outside of basement (2 walls) from sunroom previous homeowner had installed and grade and construct a retaining wall around one wall.

01/16/2014

Chris H.

I had multiple contractors review and provide quotes to waterproof my basement and ultimately selected Harris Waterproofing based on the following factors: Price, Solution, Experience and Reputation. Part of their work involved removing 2 drain systems that were installed incorrectly by 2 other companies. The entire team at Harris Waterproofing was very professional and responsive through the entire process. They made what could have been a very painful process go perfectly smooth. I would recommend Harris Waterproofing without any reservations.

Description of Work
Waterproofed entire basement (dug trench, installed gravity flow drain around entire perimeter of basement interior, patched trench with concrete, and repaired multiple vertical crack on foundation walls)

09/22/2013

M Carol M.

The company owner provided an estimate for addressing water in my basement after assessing the situation. The estimate was very reasonable and did not call for extensive, unnecessary services. I will have the work done by this company as soon as I am able to.

Description of Work
Provided an assessment of water in my basement and an estimate for addressing it.

07/18/2013

JILL P.

It went very well. They came out and did the quote. He was very professional, gave me a good price. He was the lowest quote that I got. We went ahead and set the appointment and had them come out. The team came out and completed the work. You couldn't really tell that they had done work outside the house because they put things back very well. Everything was cleaned up inside and they did a good job.

Description of Work
We had a crack in the basement and Harris Waterproofing & Construction came out and repaired the crack or fixed the wall in a way that allows proper drainage. They had to dig out the earth where the crack was on the exterior of the house. On the interior of the house, they put in a front string in the sump pump and they put in a wall over to completely cover the crack.

07/15/2013

Lynn N.

We have not contracted their services yet as we are waiting to work out some details of our home. However, we will absolutely use Harris Waterproofing when we are ready.

Description of Work
We received an estimate for basement waterproofing. FAIRLY priced.

07/05/2013

Luther L.

I called Harris waterproofing (Tim) and we made an appointment date and time. He arrived a few minutes early.He explained to me what he would do and gave me a price. I was pleased with him and his presentation, but told him I would get another estimate. I did and Tim was the best price plus his understanding of what had to be done impressed me. I called later and talked to Tim'swife and told I would be using them for the project. She called later with a start date of July 1st. The crew arrived about 10 minutes before they indicated. That had to move my workbench and some shelving in order to get to outside walls. They finished in 3 days like Tim said. I have never dealt with a more upbeat, hard working and professional group. Having dealt with these guys I surely will recommend them to anyone needing there services. One thing that impressed me, as to there charactor, was they did not take a lunch break. When I asked them why, they replied we want to get home a little sooner to be with our families. I appreciated that so much.

Description of Work
He and his crew waterproofed my entire basement.

06/11/2013

Robbie R.

I called and left a message requesting someone to come out to look at my basement foundation wall that had developed a leak at the water main coming into the house. It seems that the last rainstorm (6 inches in 2 hours) had overloaded the foundation drains and water level against the foundation came up to the drilled hole for the water main inlet through the foundation. Water poured into the basement until the rain subsided. They were familiar with this type of problem and quoted me the price by email. Laura set up a Saturday morning appointment for the repair that was convenient for me. Her technicians arrived right on time and were extremely polite. They went right to work and got the job done quickly and neatly. Very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Repaired a foundation leak that developed after a super heavy rainstorm.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

05/10/2013

Jeff A.

These guys were awesome. The owner came out and walked me trough the options, gave a reasonable price, everything he said he's going to do, he did. It's only been since March, so I guess I don't have enough time to confirm if it doesn't leak anymore.

Description of Work
I used Harris Waterproofing & Construction Inc. to waterproof my basement and put in a brand new drains.

02/22/2013

William A.

This is a top notch company from first contact to completion. We had a sudden water problem in our finished basement. Tim was able to schedule an on site assessment quickly. He explained the issue, recommended the solution and answered all my questions...without pressure or gimmicky sales tactics. He provided a written estimate and guarantee. All communications with the office were friendly and responsive, and I considered the cost very reasonable, much better than mega companies in the industry. The job was started right on schedule and the crew was fantastic. They took initiative to brace some garage shelving and were very careful to cover furniture. At the end of each day they were even careful to lock up behind themselves. The work was noisey and dusty as expected, but they were a good hard working professional crew and left a super clean job site. They had to drive a long distance to this site and never complained...good guys. I hope to use them soon for driveway work and would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Interior french drain in finished basement

Wallis Landscape, Inc.

Wallis Landscape is a family owned and operated full service landscape company since 1988. We specialize in design and installation, drainage and lawn maintenance. We provide free estimates and fully insured. Our service area includes Grayson, Lawrenceville (South of 316), Lilburn, Loganville, Snellville and Stone Mountain.

Elite Contractor

Elite Dry waterproofing is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade, combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business.

AquaGuard Foundation Solutions

AquaGuard Foundation Solutions, founded in 1995, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. AquaGuard is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, gutters, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by AquaGuard Foundation Solutions on Angi

Basement and Crawlspace interior below-grade waterproofing, sump pump repair/replace, bowed foundation wall correction, dehumidification, vapor barrier, crawlspace encapsulation.

Above-grade waterproofing of walk-out walls/areas or exterior above ground walls, slope and run off correction in the yard, gutter downspout burying, patio or porch repairs, concrete slab or sidewalk repairs, roofing, plumbing injector sump pumps.