Bailey Construction & Landscaping , LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2010

We are a design/installation landscape company; our services also include landscape construction services. We own all our own equipment and offer a one-year warranty on our work. Our company also builds custom boulders and installs custom landscape borders. Our office is closed on Saturday, but we

McNeil Sinkhole Dunwoody

excavating

202030338
This is a sinkhole excavation project. We correctly dug out the customer's trash pit and filled it in, and graded his yard properly. This particular sinkhole was a deeper sinkhole, that required a larger excavator. To properly fix a sinkhole, you must remove all the material that has been buried (stumps, limbs, and other debris), then use a clay based fill dirt to compact it in the hole properly.
View project

4.3

lawn & landscaping (59)excavating (19)hardscaping (17)mulch delivering (12)Patios (7)irrigation system (7)stone & gravel (6)masonry (5)decks & porches (3)landscape lighting (2)drain pipe installation (1)plumbers (2)

01/21/2023

Fay S.

I am not in the habit of writing reviews - especially bad ones, but I felt it my obligation to relay my dissatisfaction with Bailey Construction & Landscaping. It taught me a lesson - Pay attention to negative reviews. Bailey had so many 5 star ratings, (I now think he must have a lot of relatives), that I figured the few poor ratings were from unreasonable cranks, but now I see these people experienced exactly the same poor service and lack of communication that I did. Bailey was hired to remedy what I thought was a garbage pit in my yard. I understood when he said he could not give me a total cost because the many other quotes I got all said the exact same thing - without doing the work they could not know how deep the problem was or how long it would take. Justin quoted me a daily rate for the equipment and a price per load of dirt and said, I would "control the cost" by telling him when to stop. He gave me a guesstimate of what he thought the job would take, which was, I thought, an "educated guess”, but which I now realize was a low-ball estimate. However, I knew there was no guarantee and am not faulting him for being an optimist. I signed the contract and was put on the bottom of the list, the job to be started after the prior jobs on his list were completed. I was fine with that, though it would have been nice to be updated on scheduling along the way. Day one they set about to discover the extent of the problem. It was recommended to me that they start at the driveway and an additional estimate was given for the cost of repairing what was necessary to break up. Halfway through the day, and $10k later, it was determined that the most prudent plan would be to fill and compact the hole. Truckloads of fill dirt were dumped into my hole. I do not blame Baily for the resultant damage to my water line, unable to support the weight of the dump trucks, as that possibility was spelled out in the contract, though I hoped I would avoid that consequence. What I do blame Bailey for is the quality of the fill dirt, in which grass will not grow and water will not be absorbed and the failure to complete the driveway repair as promised. Many calls were made to ask about completing the driveway. I was told the gravel had to settle. Was it too much to expect them to set up a time to come back after the gravel had settled, or to honor the price they gave me when the cost was quoted, (they knew about the settling requirement), or to mention that the price would be dependent on the prevailing market rate for concrete at the time the work was done? After many, calls to the office in which I was told it was still settling, I finally got in touch with Justin about six or eight months later. (I guess he thought this was a new job because those seem to be the only calls Justin follows up on). I inquired about why the ”soil” seemed like cement and did not absorb water and also to ask about completing my driveway. Justin assured me that it was a good thing that the water didn’t sink into the ground, because the soil was so compacted that another pit would not form. I explained that grass would not grow and was told it was my landscaper’s fault because they should have added a layer of topsoil in order for the grass to grow roots. So I asked for another quote for doing that and reminded him about the driveway. He suggested we wait until fall for the grass and said he would send someone to give me a quote. No one came and no one called. I followed up 2 or 3 more times, did not talk to Justin directly but was assured my message would be delivered to him. I never heard back, finally got disgusted and hired another concrete company for the driveway, (at higher costs by this time). In summary, Justin is great at the sell. As long as there are no problems and no need for follow up, he does fine. But don’t expect him to fix an issue, communicate scheduling or follow up on a complaint, as “avoidance” is apparently his middle name.

Description of Work
Sinkhole remediation - broke up driveway to evaluate problem, filled hole with junk dirt, never repaired driveway after breaking it up. Had to hire someone else to finish the job.

Category excavators

04/03/2021

Elizabeth K.

After much careful consideration and evaluation, we chose Bailey Construction and Landscape Group to mitigate what turned out to be 2 large construction debris bury pits in our yard. The larger of the pits was over 20ft x 20ft wide and 20ft deep, filled with over a dozen large mature tree stumps amongst other decomposing organic debris as well as non-decomposing construction debris (old driveway, garbage) from when the land was clear cut to build our neighborhood. The second pit was the construction debris pit from when the actual house was built, containing construction trash (paint cans, 2x4s, shingles, waste concrete, carpet, soda bottles, etc) and was approaching but fortunately did not reach the house. We had started to take the project on to mitigate all the sinkholes and settling in our backyard with a smaller landscaper, but quickly found that they were in over their heads. We stopped the work, and with a google search found aprox 10 different companies to evaluate our situation. After speaking with and meeting multiple contractors, it was clear some were ahead of the pack (BCL group and Sinkhole Atlanta), and some were behind (C&M Residential Services). After narrowing down to the top 2, we ultimately chose Bailey for a number of reasons, including experience, equipment, their ability to take on the entire project from the actual bury pits themselves to the drainage and finish landscaping work, as well as their financing options and their willingness to permit the project and speak with our neighbors about impacts on their side. Justin was available throughout the planning process to answer all of my questions (many of the same questions more than once!), and Vicki and April were in the office coordinating as well, and responsive to further questions/concerns. I can’t overstate how big this project was. All our friends and neighbors that stopped by commented that even the striking pictures didn’t do it justice to seeing the magnitude of the work with their own eyes. We would sit and watch Bobby do his intricate work on the excavator for hours. He was meticulous, working that huge excavator w the precision of a doctor w a scalpel! Once he started I knew we were in good hands. All the guys were so great – Bobby, Jeff, Victor, Jose – I felt like they were family by the time the week was over. We were glad we did our homework and chose BCL Group – we have nothing but positives to say about them so far, and I will update once the final project is finished!

Description of Work
remediating construction trash pits, sinkholes

Category excavators, hauling services, landscaping

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

Review for Bailey Construction & Landscaping , LLC	 - 2424 LANCE CT, Loganville, GA - 39278804

Thank you so much for your review! I hope you guys are happy now that we have been able to come back and get all the landscaping installed after this MAJOR sinkhole repair :). It was a pleasure working with you and you were just honestly such an awesome customer to work with! We are thrilled you are so happy with everything and hope you an now finally enjoy your backyard the way it was meant to.

02/22/2021

Michael S.

They came out for an estimate. Friendly and Professional.

Description of Work
Came for an estimate. Very Professional

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! It really means a lot that you did, even when we didn't get the chance to work with you on this project. If you need anything in the future, we are here to help :)

08/20/2020

Kathy S.

Team arrived promptly and were very skilled. Project manager checked in with me for key decisions. During the project I made two change orders, which were handled positively and Seamlessly. Thought quality of work was excellent. They arrived knowing what to do, with all supplies snd equipment, and clearly used employees efficiently.

Description of Work
Needed large area on hillside that was washing repaired. Also a smaller area (same issue) on the other side of the house.

Category decks, masonry, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Thank you so much for giving us a review!! We really appreciate it! It was a pleasure getting to know you on your project and we look forward to working with you on other projects in the future!

05/15/2020

Matt L.

Absolutely flawless and excellent service! Super excited and happy with the end results!

Description of Work
Retaining wall

Category decks, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and hope to do so in the future on other projects too!

02/25/2020

Kate W.

Bailey Construction did a fantastic job on my paver install. They were professional, fairly priced and executed the work quickly and flawlessly. I would definitely use them again on a future project.

Description of Work
Paver installation

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! It was fun working on your patio and you were a great customer to work with. We look forward to future projects with you too!

10/09/2019

Paul W.

This is the third time we used Bailey Construction with an outdoor project and have been satisfied each time. They dug out and filled a sink hole initially a few years ago with no issues since. They graded and sodded a large portion of the back yard after some field line work and just recently graded and sodded an area where a retaining wall was removed. In all instances all work was performed as discussed and the crew were polite and professional. Everything was cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
Grading and sodding

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

You really are an awesome client to work with and we are grateful that we've had the opportunity to work with you on so many projects. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and giving us a review!

06/11/2019

Angie W.

Great experience. We were very pleased with the finished product and service.

Description of Work
Landscaping (grading/sod/etc)

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

I know we worked with you for a while until you were able to do your project. We always keep in touch and keep up with clients no matter what your time frame is. We appreciate you taking the time to review us. It mean a lot!

06/08/2019

Chris G.

Justin and his team showed up on time and worked all day. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Sink hole repair and landscape grading

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

Thank you so much for your review! It really helps us that other customers such as yourself can see what kind of work we have been able to do, and what we can do for them. Thank you again!

08/02/2018

Sandy L.

Due to weather issues, it took a few weeks to find a confirmed date that would work. Once the materials and workers arrived, the team worked efficiently and professionally to create the dry river bed.

Description of Work
I had a very bad erosion problem at the front side of my house. So it required adding a dry river bed to take care of the water drainage from my steep sloping front yard.

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

Review for Bailey Construction & Landscaping , LLC	 - 2424 LANCE CT, Loganville, GA - 37288746

07/04/2018

Clarence W.

Everything went well. From the initial contact through the completion of the job, everything was professionally done. We are well pleased on how the entire process played out for us. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Front yard sodded

Category landscaping, lakefront landscaping

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We enjoyed working with you and definitely look forward to future projects!

03/23/2018

Nate O.

Wonderful to work with- very responsive to any concerns we had. A very professional team and I would highly recommend BCL.

Description of Work
Shrubs were planted along our subdivision fence of 2500'.

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

We really appreciate that you took time out of your day to share with others of what you thought about our company. That means a lot and we thank you!

02/18/2018

Larry M.

Looks amazing. Excellent workmanship. Also, very professional. They do what they say!

Description of Work
Demo existing 1,100 sq ft double deck (25 feet high). Design a new deck with an additional stone patio and landscaping. Design and build a retaining wall with stone stairs. Added an undercover deck system as well. The new deck had 2 fully enclosed rooms (one with HVAC). They also build a platform and access panel for a new sunken-in hot tub. They also painted/stained the decking.

Category decks, excavators, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to giving us this review. We had a few different projects that we worked on, and we look forward to the continual relationship for years to come!

12/29/2017

Rhonda K.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our new outdoor improvements and have received so many compliments on the work. We are so pleased with our projects and especially the way both companies treated us and consistently worked together. The owners, Justin at BCL and Peter at ABC, made us feel very secure working with them, not only because of the superior quality of their work but also because of their honesty and business ethics. We would use Bailey Construction & Landscape and ABC Real Estate and Remodeling again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We did two projects with Bailey Construction & Landscaping (BCL), building a paver stone patio and retaining wall in the back of our house, and building a new retaining wall and landscaping in the front of the house. Also at the same time we replaced our back deck. BCL did the hardscaping and landscaping, and they teamed with ABC Real Estate & Remodeling for the deck construction.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

08/03/2017

Mikey M.

After waiting for their crews availability, the project was started. By adding a few extra steps they ran out of topper blocks. Additionally we decided to have them 'quick crete' the space between the wall and the driveway. We were led to believe this clean up and 'quick crete' would not be very expensive. We were to go out of town for the next week and they said everything would be done when we returned. That did not happen - probably due to bad weather. We then receive a follow up invoice for much more money than we expected. This disappointed us and gave us the feeling we were taken advantage of - because we didn't insist on an exact quote for the extra work done.

Description of Work
A "block" wall was built beside our driveway.

Category excavators, landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

08/02/2017

Carole W.

Showed up and went to each sprinkler head to align and adjust. Took time to show me how to make adjustments in the future. Very pleased with work and service. Very professional. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Needed to have sprinkler system checked on system that had been installed 10 years ago.

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

07/27/2017

tiffany W.

They did an awesome job. Very professional and easy to do business with and know their stuff. My house looks so good now. Thanks for the terrific work. I am hiring them again to install pavers near my driveway.

Description of Work
Installed walkway with pea gravel, new plants, pruning of existing landscaping, pine straw.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

05/21/2017

Reginald T.

Pre-work - design and layout drawings provided first to ensure expectations were properly aligned. The finished work mapped to the layout drawings - no surprises. Everything was explained clearly and discussed before the work was done, as well as while the work was in progress in case there was a need for any adjustments.

Description of Work
Major landscaping for front and side yards.

Work Completed On 05/04/2017

04/01/2017

John G.

The quote was too much. I'm getting other estimates. I told them I wasn't paying $4700 in that little part of my yard. They guy who came out was very nice and professional, but when he said the price, to me, that was just ridiculous. They guy seemed very knowledgeable. They did follow up on coming out. I'd be hesitant to get another quote from them as I think they are over priced. The amount of work I needed done and the price don't go hand in hand.

Description of Work
Landscaping estimate.

03/29/2017

Jerry P.

They did a great job. They came out 4 times to check on it and they were very thorough. They filled it in and cleaned it all up. They did not bring heavy equipment in so they did not tear up my yard. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They addressed a sinkhole problem I had. They also did some landscape and put some straw down.

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

03/07/2017

tiffany W.

Bailey Construction did an excellent professional job. I would definitely hire them for sink holes. I am so happy with their work that I am hiring them to upgrade my landscaping.

Description of Work
I had a sink hole in my front yard. I was getting nervous because it was close to my house. I made an appointment with Bailey Construction after doing Internet research on what companies can fix a sink hole. Bailey's website stood out as it is very detailed and explains the proper and improper ways of fixing a sink hole so I felt comfortable reaching out to them and setting up an appointment. Monte Weldon the sales manager came out and eyed balled the situation and based upon his expertise in fixing sink holes he knew exactly that it was a minor sink hole that could be hand-dug out by his crew and no big deal. I felt in good hands.

Work Completed On 02/16/2017

01/29/2017

Todd M.

The team did a fantastic job. Very professional, very punctual, did exactly as they said they would, and cleaned up the job site both days they worked on my project.

Description of Work
Repair sinkhole in backyard