Allen Construction

Founded 2001 • With Angi since November 2012

3174 Watson Meadow Lane

Loganville, GA 30052

Storm damage to include roof, gutter, siding, and general repair and replacement. I work with Insurance Adjustor to help owners get settlements. On insurance claims, I don't require any money down and you only pay as you receive insurance checks. Free estimates and references available. Payments by

06/12/2017

Steve B.

Don was very up front about what needed to be done and at what cost. His crew did a great job putting the roof down and cleaned up all the nails. Cheapest quote I got and would recommend to anyone. They were done with everything in one day.

Description of Work
Rip off old roof, patch any rotten wood, put in new vent caps and new felt and shingles down. Clean up mess afterwards.

05/22/2017

Jeffrey B.

My first communication with Don stated that he would be on site the whole time and that no money was required until the job was completed. Day 1, Don asked for $3,000 because he didn't have the cash to pick up the materials. The siding and painting were completed first. The painting is starting to bubble and chip after 4 months. The shingled portion of the roof looked good, but there were multiple (14) nail heads showing that were not covered by my new architectural shingles. The nails for the vent boots were also not sealed (see picture). One gutter was leaking directly into the house (See picture). It took 7 months and three trips to complete the roll roof section that was completely F'd from the start as they secured the roll roof BEHIND the gutter (see picture). The new gutters were scratched and dented from ladders and some "interesting" engineering to set the roll roof. The worksite was left dirty with large sawhorses and demolished material sitting for months. I do not reccimend this contractor. I had so many issues that Don Allen told me in May to keep the last $500 of the $17,000 just so he didn't have to return and finish the job that began in October. I was very patient, too patient, and I have completed the remaining items on my own through common sense.

Description of Work
Allen Construction was hired to replace my existing shingle roof (36 squares), flat roof over porch (150 SF), replace siding, paint and install new gutters. My home is four sided brick that was built in the late 60's and needed two layers of shingles removed.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, house painters

I am very disappointed and somewhat shocked in Mr. [Member Name Removed] review. Quite frankly, I expected him to give me a good review for coming back and honoring my warranty totally at my cost. Most of what he says is complete lies. I never ask for money up front on roofing projects. I have been in business for 17 years, and have all A ratings on Angie's List and [Redacted]. The subcontractor that did the siding and painting was a friend of mine, and he did ask for a $3000 deposit on a $17,000 job. That is more than reasonable. Most contractors would want about 30% up front, and additional 30% after completing a portion of the work.. I trusted him to pay me, and I did not require any more money until the job was completed. I can assure Mr. [Member Name Removed] that I did not need money to buy materials. He had several bids by other contractors, and I saved him thousands of dollars. I know this as a fact. He complained so much about the flat roof, that I went back and totally replaced the flat roof and the section of gutter that he claimed was scratched at a cost to me of $2200. He still owed me $500 from the original work which was completed several months ago. I completed the work and then told him to keep the $500 as a show of good will. The $500 meant nothing to me. I did all of this because I honor my warranties. I could have just told him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine because he did not honor our contract and pay me the balance that he owed me when the job was first done.. There are always two side to every story. Now you have both sides . Donald J Allen, Allen Construction 678 793 0481.

09/09/2016

dorothy C.

02/03/2016

Regina G.

Description of Work
Had to have our house re-roofed while under contract to sell. Mr. Allen worked us into his schedule on short notice. Excellent service, high quality work, exceeded our expectations. The most competitive quote and delivered as promised. Honest, upfront, and reliable. We highly recommend this company. Would not contact anyone else but Mr. Allen for future roofing jobs.

Mrs [Member Name Removed], thank you very much for the review. Don Allen.

11/15/2014

Ashley S.

They were the best as far as price, professionalism, punctuality, and performance. I will use again and recommend to anyone. Thanks!

Description of Work
Allen Construction repaired some areas of damage on my roof.s.

06/26/2014

Ashley S.

They were professional. The best price and have no complaints. A+ work!!!

Description of Work
They inspected my roof and discovered storm damage. Met with insurance adjuster after claim submitted and got it approved to be replaced by insurance. Very happy with my new roof.

04/22/2014

John H.

Description of Work
Don Allen replaced the roof on our home and a metal roof on our barn. His workmanship was excellent and I would definitely advise anyone to use his services. He was timely and always here when he said he would be. It took 1-1/2 days to re-roof our home and about 1 day to re-roof the barn. He advised us as to when he should begin the work wanting to make sure that the weather would not be a problem. Thanks Don for a Job Well Done.

08/19/2013

S E S.

Mr Allen was great! He was recommended by a friend. He identified hail damage on the roof and suggested I contact the insurance company, which saved me a lot of money. His initial estimate was done before the insurance estimate, and was very close to theirs. I had 2 others done, and they were way more expensive. He talked to the insurance adjuster about the tricky parts of the roof. The crew showed up exactly when he said they would. The work took a bit longer than they estimated (a little over a day) and they cleaned up beautifully. They even warned me not to pull into the driveway until the nails could be swept up the same evening they finished the work, and Mr. Allen's son came by to make sure it was all cleaned up. The roof is beautiful, they were excellent to work with, and we will call them when our other house needs its roof replaced.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, including 2 layers of roofing.

11/06/2012

Pete E.

The overall job went pretty well. They started very early removing the shingles and Mr Allen was there for most of the day. The work was completed in one day and since they had tarps covering our bushes and plants the clean-up went smoothly. All roofing nails were picked up by a large magnet and after they left we found very few in the grass or driveway. I had to call Mr Allen back a couple of days later for 2 minor issues and he came rightt out and took care of them. Since the roof was completed we have had rain and bad winds but there were no problems with the roof. the yardr

Description of Work
Mr. Allen left a flyer in my mailbox. He noticed that there were two missing shingles on my roof. I called him for an estimate and he came right over to check it. While he was here he noticed quite a bit of hail damage and was sure our insurance company would work with us. I then put in a claim and the adjuster came out and met with me and Mr. Allen. and assured us that the claim would be taken care of. We then got an estimate and the roofers arrived about two weeks later. When we were talking about the roofers arrival Mr. Allen stated that they would be here in the early AM to begin. I told him my next door neighbor worked nights and didn't get to bed until 5AM. I also told him my neighbor didn't work on Fridays so he arranged for the roofers to do the job on a Saturday morning for no extra charge. I had also checked on Angie's list to get other estimates. The first one I called didn't answer so I left a message. This contractor never returned my call. The second roofer left another flyer and he said he was on Angie's list but I could never pull him up so I called Angie's list and they said this contractor was on their list and there were no comments. The third roofer I called came out and had the estimate all worked out before he even got here. He was about $1500.00 more than Mr. Allen and asked me how much over his estimate was Mr. Allen's. I told him Appximately $1500.00. His reaction to this was that if I let him put a sign in my yard for two weeks he could lowere my estimate by $1500.00. I did not use him.

I met the memer by leaving a flyer at his house. He had shingles missing from his roof and I was sure that I could get him an insurance replacement. I had done several other houses in the area, and knew the history of storm damage in the area.He called me and we did an inspection with pictures to show him the damage. We met with the adjustor and got his roof approved for replacement. He ask if I was on Angie's list. I told him that I was not. After the work was completed, he told me that he was happy with our work and that he was a member of Angie's list, and that he got a better response from me than the contractors that he had called on Angie's list. He added me to the list and I really appreciate that. I am 71 years old, a Vietnam vet( Pilot USAF 1963-1974), a retired Pilot for Delta Air Lines(32 years) and I believe in honesty and good service. My handshake is as good as a contract. I retired from Delta in 2001 and went into the building business until the building boom came to a halt, and then I started doing storm damage repairs, mostly roof replacements. I have many references available. I have a license and insurance. I am an on the job contractor, I supervise the crew throughout the work process and am available to the homeowner for questions or complaints. I give free inspections, help you turn in claims,meet adjustors, and free estimates. No obligations for these services. If you like me, use me. Thanks again to the member for providing me this service and the kind words.

GTO Painting

Many years of experience in painting.. interior, exterior, stains, any job you may have we can complete it. With the best process always applied to our work . Our quality is above the rest

2022 Super Service Award

B.I.G. Painting

Quality and Professionalism that is second to none - With B.I.G. Painting you can rest assured that the job will get done the right way the first time. We aim to provide our customers with the best quality and customer service possible for their painting project. With every job, we come out at your convenience to take measurements and gather the details of everything you need done. We provide an official estimate on-site with a timeframe and price. You can count on our company for professional workmanship that will add to your home's value. We are a local, veteran-owned company that services East-Atlanta area. We are uniformed and fully insured, and we keep a clean and safe job site. Every project has a multi-point quality inspection before the final walkthrough with you to ensure that every nook and cranny is up to standard. Every job has a lead painter and a Production Manager so you always have multiple points of contact. We look forward to working with you!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Duncan Family Painting & Electric

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today! It”s guaranteed that Duncan family janitorial Service LLC will give you the best work you ever seen. I love to make sure all my customers are satisfied . We take pride in our work and we will make sure the job get done right, and pleasing to every customer .

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Remove and replace asphalt shingles, gutters, decks, interior ceiling damage, etc.

No metal roofs.