Affordable Plumbing And Septic

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2011

Here at Affordable Plumbing and Septic, we are a full-service septic system contractor. We offer preventative maintenance, tank installation, drain field repair and installation, and water line repair & replacement. Cost is determined by the job. See website for additional service areas.

Amenities

MP209844
Georgia
Georgia: General
11/30/2024
All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

janelle B.
03/04/2021
Very Rude. Couldn't even get a quote and said Declined. No explanation...
Description of Work
Simple Extension of pipes
plumbing

This individual never communicated with us or we with them. The communication was purely on line through Angies List website. Based on the type of job and availability we have the right to decline a job without wasting anyone's time. We are paying Angies List for these leads. We simply posted decline for this job. You should not take it personal. There are more companies available on the site. Please try a couple more. Thanks, Rick. Mgr.
Winston D.
02/11/2021
Rick, the owner was very professional and an expert, did an excellent job and very thorough. Would recommend to friends and family, he cleaned up after repair and we were keep informed of his progress at all stage. Thanks Rick... very happy with your service.
Description of Work
remove old drain line where the root issue was. Cut out and remove old sewer line. Install new clean out . Run new PVC pipe drain to existing pipe by the driveway
plumbing, drain pipe
Ms M.
05/26/2020
I been using Rick for 10 yrs now. He is very good, efficient and does job in a very timely manner.
Description of Work
He fixed a clogged toilet.
plumbing

Wow!!! How time flies. Thank you Miss [Member Name Removed]. Rick, Mgr.
Barney W.
05/26/2020
He is a top notch guy. Prices were very reasonable, prompt and does really good work.
Description of Work
We had an underground water leak. he repaired.
plumbing

Thanks for following up Mr. [Member Name Removed]. You are the man. Rick, Mgr.
Karllief T.
10/08/2018
I was a wonderful experience! Very happy with the level of professional support.
Description of Work
Drainage issue.
plumbing

We thank you very much. Rick, Mgr.
Michael H.
06/20/2015
He checked the toilet tank and seal for a leak, since that's what we thought we saw. He didn't see any problem, however, so he was about to charge us for a service call, but since he noted that the fill valve was slow, I asked that he go ahead and replace it since he was here. I thought the price was a little high, but maybe that's the going rate these days.
Description of Work
Changed out a fill valve and checked the toilet for leaks.
Sophia C.
02/17/2015
I called this company on a Saturday morning and was scheduled for someone to come out between the hours of 11 am and 1 pm. Only to get another call almost 1 hour later wanting to rescheduled because of short staffing. So I agreed to a Monday First one on the list appointment for someone to come between 10 am and 12 noon. When I didn't receive a confirmation call at 11:30 I called and got the same nice person I spoke with on Saturday who remembered me and checked to see where the tech was on his schedule. I was then told that he was behind and would be there before 1 pm. Well he didn't get to me until 2 and when he came he didn't apologize for being late. He complained about how long his last job took and that he didn't eat lunch. He didn't bother to ask us what was going since he had the information given to him from Saturday (things changed over the two days). He walked around looking, went to the basement and told us what was wrong and that it would be a waste of time to snake the lines because we needed to find the valve or vent in the front yard and that meant digging up my lawn and running a pipe to the roof and he then gave us a bill that you might as well take out a small loan out to pay and told us to cal the office to set-up a schedule because it would be an all day job and the person would have to start in the morning to complete. He never went into the bathrooms or turned on any water. I was not at all happy.
Description of Work
Nothing but waste my time.
Paulette Z.
08/02/2014
Contacted the vendor in an attempt to get a quote on pumping a septic system and possibly scheduling an appointment. Was told by a very pleasant receptionist that "they do not do routine maintenance on septic systems at this time". Pity. The reviews looked promising and I was looking for a full service plumber for some upcoming work.
Description of Work
Looking for a vendor to pump a septic tank.
Semina F.
06/18/2014
The Affordable Plumbing staff were very professional. Adrian Allen was the tech that I met and from the first day in speaking with him I knew this was the company I wanted to do the job. He explained everything that was going on and what was needed to repair the problem. The job was done on a Saturday and even though I was not there I trusted Adrian to make sure the job was done in excellence. IT WAS and done in less than 2 hours. Adrian called me to let me know it was completed and came back by my house to explain to me what they did. From day 1 with the lady that scheduled my appointment (Laura or Nora) I experience nothing but professionalism. I am grateful and would recommend Affordable Plumbing to anyone needing a plumber. Thank You and may God Bless your business. S. Franklin ha
Description of Work
I had a water leak that was causing my water bill to double so they Replaced the Waterline from the meter to house.
Ray L.
06/06/2013
On the way out the door to work, I realized we had sewage backing up in our downstairs tub. Called a couple of businesses that could not get to me before late afternoon. Rick said he would be there by noon and would call 1 hour before arriveing. He called at 10:20 and was at the house by 10:50. Was very courteous to my wife and waited until I got home so he could explain what maight be wrong and what all possible charges would be depending on what we found. We had not had the tank pumped in the 13 years we have been in the house. Rick and his assistant went right to work, being very careful with landscaping. By the time the uncovered the septic tank, the pump truck was pulling up. Pump out went well. I decided to put in the cleanout and relief valve to prevent future messes in the house. Rick worked through rain to finish the job, explained future potential risks with the system, gave a price fir that work, used a checklist form to cover all aspects of the septic system service. They put the landscaping back just so. I highly recommend them and will call them again in the future if needed.
Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank and installed a clean out and relief valve.
Category
plumbing, septic tank, drain pipe
James L.
10/27/2011
They were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Description of Work
They inspected a septic tank.
Autumn S.
09/28/2011
Rick Jonas is the owner of this company. It does not matter what time of the day I call Rick and he will send out someone to fix it or if they are booked up they would send one out as soon as they can and that is awesome. I would continue to use them in the future.
Description of Work
I used Atlanta Affordable Septic today to service my rental property.
plumbing

Much appreciated. Rick, Mgr.
Michelle A.
08/24/2011
He was very thorough and businesslike. He was a gentlemen. He came in and did the job, I paid him, and he left.
Description of Work
He did plumbing work.
Suzanne N.
08/12/2009
They did everything they said they would do and when they would do it. The guy was really nice. He was respectful and clean. One thing I did not like about them is that there was no paper work. He came one day and he came back the second day I felt it was a little iffy because I was not sure how many he had written down.
Description of Work
They installed my new garbage disposal.
Anne G.
07/20/2009
The initial reason I called The Affordable Plumber is to have my fathers septic tank pumped. While pumping the tank, the tee filter "supposedly" was broken or no longer there. My father had to pay to have this replaced - $450. Several days later water was found bubbling up in the area of where the tank was pumped. The Co. had busted a water pipe which they replaced at N/C. Still several days later water was found to be pooling again in the same area. This time I personally met with Rick Rhoden who told me the water was coming from the leech field where it had been backed up and the tree roots had destroyed the pipes. The Tee filter is supposed to keep this from happening. They left a mess in the yard, pipes, work material and tools, not to mention the mess that was left where they dug up the septic tank lid. This information that Mr. Rhoden is providing is so far from the truth. The filter broken out would prevent this from happening. What all of this tells me is the company is not an honest company and have taken extreme advantage of an elderly man, my father. I would not recommend this company to anyone now or in the future.
Description of Work
Septic Tank Pumped Tee Filter Replaced because the company broke it off and would not admit to it.
septic tank

1. We are very sorry for the customer's expenses and problems associated with the septic tank system. However, this is a common problem with old systems. We absolutely cannot refund the money for pumping the tank because we have to pay for proper sewage disposal. 2. This was not a routine maintenance call. They had absolutely no use of the system because it was totally full to the top of the lid. I showed this to the nurse before pumping. She is my witness. A working septic tank will not be full to the top of the lid. 3. Please check your previous pumping bill to see if the previous company also recommends that you replace the outlet tee that is missing. A missing outlet tee will not keep a system from draining. This is simply a maintenance code to help protect your system and its drain field so it will last longer. The best we can do is deduct $800 from the cost of $4000 for new city sewer connection. Rick Rhoden-President
EVA S.
05/04/2009
Did a wonderful job but was way too expensive. I needed the work done quickly, otherwise I would ahve price shopped a little more.
Description of Work
Replaced a hot water heater.
Juliene B.
03/20/2009
The city did some work on my line causing mud to clog up one of my bathroom faucets. It was a minor problem that in hindsight I could have fixed myself, but I don't know anything about plumbing, so I called Affordable Plumber. They quoted me $200 over the phone, but when the plumber saw the actual problem, he knocked it down to $80.
Description of Work
Unclogging a faucet.
drain cleaning
Frances H.
11/26/2008
I called on Saturday to get an appt. for Monday at noon. When I hadn't heard anything by 11 I called. I was told that the worker was on a job taking longer than expected. I told the young lady not to worry, I would be home all day. I was told the last appt. was at 4. At 4:25, I called back. The receptionist was apologetic and told me she would call me back. She said she was trying to get someone else to come out, which didn't pan out. We rescheduled tentatively for 2pm the next day. She was supposed to call back to let me know if that was definite, but she never did. The next day at 2:12, I called to see if anyone was coming and the owner, Rick answered the phone. He stated that I had been contacted to confirm a late afternoon appt., when in fact I had not. The young lady got on the phone again and swore she'd spoken with me, but she had not. She offered to refer me to someone else, but I refused. Due to reading other comments, I decided to call back and speak to Rick. Initially, I was told he was not in. Mind you, this was no more than 10 minutes later. When I told the young lady I wanted an opportunity to speak with him before I posted a comment to Angie's list, she got him on the phone. I explained the whole thing to him. I told him that the receptionist had not been rude to me at all, but that I was irritated that she insisted I had been contacted, when there were not calls or messages to my home. He told me that his regular receptionist was out due to personal reasons and the current one was new. He told me that his company is experiencing growing pains due to increased demand, and that he was in search of quality staff to meet the demand. He attributed my issue to the receptionist being alone in the office and new. I suggested she be given more support and that she stay in contact with the client to communicate delays. I also told him that I felt as if I was not given priority because my job was small. He told me he understood, and tried his best to get me to let someone from another company to come out, which I declined. He offered me a discount on future calls. I am mainly writing this because I think he really threw the young lady under the bus with the "She's new and I can't wait for my regular receptionist to come back" comment. To be fair, he did listen and try to make it right, but at that point, I had little faith my need would be satisfied prior to my family arriving today.
Description of Work
No work was done at my home.
Rhonda H.
11/18/2008
I called and left a message. I never even heard back from anyone so I went with another company.
Louis G.
10/21/2008
The plumber called in advance and arrived on time. He gave a separate estimate for each task. He worked quickly and cleaned up the work areas completely. Everything he did works, no problems.
Description of Work
Installed replacement flush valve in toilet, cleared clog in another toilet with an auger and installed a below sink water filter.
Gisselle W.
08/28/2008
I started to notice mushing patches in my backyard. I have used this company before so I called them to schedule an appointment for an estimate. They arrived promptly at 10:30 a.m. I was anxiously waiting for their arrival. I wanted to know what was happening to my beautiful yard. The technician informed me that I needed to replace the field line. The estimate I received compared to other's was very reasonable. I gave them the okay to start the job. It was completed in less than a week. I didn't have to worry about much at all, these guys were awesome, very informative and just plain helpful. This was a difficult time for me and my family but Affordable made it all better. I appreciate the technician's and the wonderful office staff, they even did a customer follow-up to make sure I was satisfied with the work rendered. I am extremely pleased with this company and will refer to all my friends and family in the future.
Description of Work
Replacement for the field line going to the septic tank.
Dave M.
08/26/2008
Mac came out in the pouring rain, and sure enough, there were the famous booties on his feet. He was courteous, considerate, and polite. The work was performed efficiently and neatly and he completely cleaned up afterwards. He took the time to talk on the phone with my husband to confirm what needed to be done. An hour after he left, a representative from the company called to make sure our experience was a good one. Mac also called to recommend a septic tank cleaner for follow-up service.
Description of Work
Unplugged the line from the upstairs toilets.
drain cleaning
Ricknal R.
08/21/2008
The plumber called to let me know he was on his way. He arrived on time and was very professional. He went right to work installing the water heater and did a great job. The job was a little more but they gave me a discount on the cost.
Description of Work
Installed a 40 gallon water heater.
water heater repair
Inette D.
08/14/2008
The technician arrived a little late but that was ok as he did call to say he would be late. He went right to work and explained all that was needed to be done. They purchased and installed the water heater for me and did a great job installing it.
Description of Work
My water heater stated leaking so I called them to come out and take a look at it. I was told I'm going to have to replace it. This was understandable as it was a old house and the water heater was just about going anyway.
water heater repair
KEVIN R.
08/13/2008
I have used Rick and his company now for over three years. I have had him and his team perform dozens of jobs at my house, my parents house, all of my rental houses and even at some of my business locations (bar/restaurant). Each job has been done well, done right and done professionally. His prices are competitive and fair. Those looking for cheaper options: beware! You get what you pay for out there. One quick story that sums up Rick and Affordable Plumbing: my parents had Rick come by to look at a leaking pipe in the crawl space - turns out the septic tank was full and needed to be cleaned out. Rick gave my father a few phone numbers of septic companies. After my father got quotes from them, Rick helped him choose the reasonable price. Now, my father is also in a wheelchair - so Rick came to his house the day the septic tank company came out and stayed to supervise the work done ON HIS OWN DIME to make sure it was done right. No vendor that I have ever worked with (and I have worked with MANY in this city) would have ever done that. Affordable Plumbing is my go-to plumbing company and would vouch for Rick any day.
Description of Work
Residential: drain replacement, sink repair, faucet repair, toilet repair, main water line replacement, gas line replacement, hot water heater repair, hot water heater replacement, dish washer replacement, pipe cleaning. Commercial: sink repair, drain repair, drain replacement, pipe cleaning, pipe repair, toilet repair, urinal repair, faucet repair, hot water heater repair.

Phone

MasterCard
American Express
Discover

FAQ

Affordable Plumbing And Septic is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

Affordable Plumbing And Septic is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

Affordable Plumbing And Septic accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Yes, Affordable Plumbing And Septic offers free project estimates.

No, Affordable Plumbing And Septic does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Yes, Affordable Plumbing And Septic offers emergency services.

No, Affordable Plumbing And Septic does not offer warranties.

Affordable Plumbing And Septic offers the following services: Plumbing, water lines, sewer lines, toilets, pumps, water heaters, faucets, & back flow testing.