Professional Home Improvement Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2008

Welcome to P.H.I. We specialize in bathroom, kitchens, and tile or wood floors. We customize your job, and our goal is to minimize the discomfort of construction while making your home beautiful. We are licensed and insured. Our owner is a NARI Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR) and Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP). P.H.I. has been awarded NARI Contractor of the Year for our bathrooms in multiple recent years. ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+25 more images

home remodeling (101)tile installation (40)plumbers (33)countertop installation (32)interior painting (27)lighting (27)marble & granite (22)electrician (21)woodworking (19)flooring (19)drywall (16)cabinet makers (12)

09/15/2022

Bob R.

Great! This is the third time using PHI (another bathroom and then kitchen) and there are several reasons why. Their work is first rate and they're intent on doing a good job. They're easy to communicate with and reliable for holding to the work schedule. Probably the main reasons we've used them several times is their work ethic and craftsmanship. They show up when they say they will and have the skills to do the work correctly. We have complete trust in PHI and can recommend them with no reservations.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2022

Thank you. It was our pleasure to serve you again.

06/05/2022

Carol H.

Professional Home Improvement, Inc. completed the a bathroom remodel and we are thrilled with the results! The quality of the work is stellar; the crew was professional; the work was completed on time and on budget. The owner is a member of the National Association of Remodelers Industry and their professionalism, design and build services, and ongoing communication were exemplary. When it is time, we plan to hire PHI to remodel our second bathroom. We wholeheartedly recommend PHI for any bathroom and kitchen remodeling needs.

Description of Work
Design and remodel bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/05/2022

Thank you so much. It was a delight to work with you, and we look forward to helping out with the next project!

02/06/2022

sandra K.

This was a pleasant experience from beginning to end. I was not looking forward to doing this renovation but it went so smoothly. All work was done promptly, people arrived and left when promised, the house was clean after they left and everyone was polite and considerate. I would highly recommend PHI for anyone planning to get work done in their bathroom, no matter what size. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Guest bathroom was completely renovated and a walk in shower installed.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, marble & granite, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

Thank you so much. It was our pleasure. We trust that you and your guests find enjoyment in the new bathroom.

04/15/2021

Don W.

The craftsmen that work at PHI were timely and very proficient. They listened to the needs and suggested solutions to our issues at a reasonable price. Then the job was done straight through and finished before the expected date. The jobs includes demolition, surface prep, tile work, painting, cabinets, plumbing and electrical alterations, and adding barn doors. All of the individuals were very proficient and did their job quickly so that others would not be held up. I recommend this group highly and we will have them back next year to do the other bathroom too.

Description of Work
We needed an upgrade to our Master Bathroom

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

03/24/2021

Harry N.

The project was completed promptly and done in a highly professional manner. The installer is a true artisan who takes his time and cares deeply about his work. Dennis was very helpful in planning the project and helping us make informed decisions along the way.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom and shower

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

10/28/2020

Kevin B.

My wife and I are extremely pleased with our master bathroom remodel project. Dennis, Jean, and Florin were able to take the ideas that were our heads and make it a reality. They listened to all our ideas and let us know what is and isn't possible and in the end the project came out absolutely beautiful. From proposal to completion they were all professional and kept in constant communication so we were all on the same page. The pictures really speak for themselves.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Review for Professional Home Improvement Inc - PO Box 831, Lilburn, GA - 38985903

09/05/2020

Danette G.

Valentine's team was amazing. They did our entire roof in one day and didn't stop until everything was clean. They were hard-working, knowledgeable, and friendly. No debris was left behind. The only way I could tell that they had been there was that I had a wonderful new roof.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

08/03/2020

BETTY D.

We could not be more pleased with the master bathroom renovation performed by Dennis Delashmit and his PHI team. Renovation is stressful at the best of times, but having to make selections and have different individuals in your home while on COVID-19 shelter in place restrictions could be extremely trying. Dennis and his wife, Jean. assisted us with finding materials and even went to one large shop themselves to send us photos of options when it seemed that the tile we had picked might not be available. Dennis outlined the safety guidelines that everyone would follow, and his team was very compliant with the steps outlined. (Masks were worn whenever we had to be in the space where they were working, a dedicated service/work entrance was used, daily temperature checks performed)We were reassured by the skilled professionals that performed various aspects of the renovation. Dennis would always inform us of who would be working in our home the following day. Amazingly, work progress quite smoothly and was finished and the expected timeframe. If we requested adjustments or additional work, the request were handled in a very timely and professional fashion. We were so pleased with our newly remodeled and much more attractive master bathroom. The results are beautiful, and we would highly recommend PHI. They would be the first company we would consider for future work.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bath

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

03/31/2020

Marcus N.

Professional Home Improvement delivered an outstanding renovation to our Kitchen. The owner Dennis was very thorough throughout the process keeping us up to date with everything that was going on. We replaced laminate countertops with quartz, added a new sink, faucet, backsplash, and new handles on repainted cabinetry. The Kitchen turned out much better than we expected. as a result of the high-quality work and customer service provided by Dennis and his team at a fair price. I highly recommend Professional Home Improvement for your home renovation needs.

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

Review for Professional Home Improvement Inc - PO Box 831, Lilburn, GA - 38471476

Thank you for the review. We enjoyed working with you both. Your material and color choices look great. Let us know if we can serve you in the future.

03/26/2020

Sandra M.

Dennis and Jean were very professional, workers were always on time and sometimes worked on weekends to get the job done. His estimation of the amount of time it would take to complete the project was accurate. Although the cost was a bit more than what I anticipated paying (some of it was due to the materials I chose), would highly recommend them for any project. I'm exceptionally pleased with the work!

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Thank you very much. It was a real pleasure to work with you!

10/09/2019

Lee S.

Very well. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Complete master bathroom remodel.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, masonry, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

10/09/2019

Kimberly S.

My wife found Dennis/Professional Home Improvement Inc, here on Angie's List. I'm extremely glad she did! Dennis (the owner) has a VERY professional demeanor and was very concise with his estimates (we pitched him a couple scenarios for a bathroom remodel) and very reasonable on pricing (we'd spoken with a couple of other contractors regarding a Bathroom remodel that were nowhere NEAR as thorough in their home visit and assessment/breakdown on what would need to happen and why). He addressed any questions we had and made himself very accessible for any follow-ups or information needed. The job was very well done and took nowhere NEAR as long as we thought (or had been told by the other contractors) his staff was very professional and courteous and cleaned up after themselves everyday and when all was said and done, he'd far exceeded our expectations! Nice guy with a great business ethic - I look forward to working with him and his team again and recommending him to any and everyone I can! Thanx Dennis!

Description of Work
Shower Repair

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

10/08/2019

Diane H.

I have worked with many contractors on our home improvements. Dennis & his team at Professional Home Improvement are by far the best. Every step of the process was executed flawlessly. The contract served as the roadmap throughout the process. The team was always respectful of our home & every evening they ensured that the area was cleaned. Dennis was great at helping us decide on finishes & really listened to what we wanted. We now have a beautiful Master Bath! I highly recommend Dennis & will definitely use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

Thank you. I enjoyed working with you, and look forward to helping with future home improvement projects.

09/27/2019

Marilyn W.

Dennis is one of the best remodelers in Atlanta! I have used him on several projects going back at least 13-14 years. For my most recent project, he completely remodeled my 1980's-era kitchen (before & after photos are below). He added additional custom-made cabinets, installed new granite counters and tile backsplash, new sink and fixtures, replaced all the lighting and added new accent lighting, and installed a new stove and microwave. In my powder room he replaced the old Corian vanity with granite and a new sink and fixture. In addition, his excellent carpenter even repaired a broken bookcase in my living room! At a previous home, Dennis built a beautiful screened porch with cathedral ceiling at the back of my house. It was literally my favorite place to sit, and I enjoyed it immensely. He also repaired my mother's home when she "accidentally" drove her car through the dining room wall!!! Dennis can do anything! He is extremely thorough and looks at every detail, fully explains his plans, costs, and timing. He uses very qualified subs who have worked with him for many years, all of whom are very trustworthy. When I get ready to update my bathrooms and build a new screen porch, Dennis will be the man I call. Marilyn

Description of Work
Complete remodel of kitchen, updated powder room

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

Review for Professional Home Improvement Inc - PO Box 831, Lilburn, GA - 38136931

09/26/2019

Brenda J.

Professional work and communication from start to finish.

Description of Work
Dennis and his team renovated two bathrooms several years ago, and just finished a kitchen renovation.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

07/28/2019

Ken B.

The job was done exactly as we wanted. Dennis and his team are excellent to work with and we really enjoyed the process. The finished product looks great...definitely made the right decision going with PHI.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation, kitchen granite/backsplash and hardwoods.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/28/2019

You guys were a pleasure to work with. Your choices in design and materials were beautiful.

06/18/2019

Shirley B.

Dennis and his team did a super job remodeling our master bathroom. We are completely satisfied and couldn’t wish for any results greater than received. Work was performed in a professional manner, completed on schedule, team was courteous and the job site was kept clean at all times. The outstanding feature is the walk in shower with wheel chair accessibility if ever needed. We highly recommend Professional Home Improvement, Dennis Delashmit, for your remodeling needs.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Complete Renovation

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

Thank you! You folks made it easy!

02/27/2019

Michael J.

Definitely worth the wait! We had to wait a few months for Dennis to begin our project, but I felt like his reputation to do a great job was more important than having it started quickly. We were not disappointed! We did a complete remodel of our master bath (wall demo, floors, shower, counter tops, fixtures etc.), added granite counter tops to 3 additional bathrooms and added recessed lighting in the kitchen. From start to finish Dennis was always open to answering my questions (and I had a lot) and he clearly explained the work through the process. He listened to what I wanted and made suggestions to ensure we got the best finished product. The contractors he works with are all friendly and professional, especially Florin who's tile and shower work are impeccable! The work was completed on time and budget and looks amazing. If you want quality work and a contractor who will listen, PHI is for you!

Description of Work
Master Bath Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/19/2019

Thank you. We all enjoyed working with you. You made great choices, which added a lot to the beauty of the finished product.

10/25/2018

Simone R.

We decided to do a full remodel of our bathroom in December 2017 after having a leak in the shower that would have required replacing the shower at a minimum. We got quotes from about four different companies in the area, but we felt that Dennis listened to what we were looking for more than the others we spoke with. Dennis and his team were punctual, responsive, and professional. They made sure that everything was done well and to our expectations. While Professional Home Improvement was not the cheapest quote we got, they were in line with the other quotes and the project came in on budget. We anticipated that the lower quotes would have come in higher than the original quote, which was not the case with Dennis. He was up front about the costs. All members on his team were professional and respectful of our time and space. They kept the project clean throughout the remodel. They showed up when they said they would, and with the exception of a glass-cutting issue that was beyond Dennis's control, the entire project was completed on schedule. We will definitely use Professional Home Improvement again to remodel other rooms in our home in the future.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

Review for Professional Home Improvement Inc - PO Box 831, Lilburn, GA - 37501608

10/08/2018

David K.

This job went the way all remodeling work should... Superior planning and execution created absolutely NO Drama! Everything followed the plan and the results were outstanding! We had received several estimates for cabinet refacing, thinking that would be a less expensive way to update the look of our kitchen and bathroom. When we called Dennis, we were told, as expected, that he would provide new cabinets, etc. No refacing. His estimate was half of what the others wanted. Quality of the cabinets was outstanding. The granite was just as good. We added floor tile in a sun-room because the estimate left us with additional budget and the application was absolutely fantastic. To sum it up, Dennis has great suppliers that allow him to make very competitive bids. His workers and subcontractors are just as meticulous as he is and I would welcome any of them back in a second.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodel

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

10/08/2018

Anne T.

Dennis and his crew at Professional Home Improvement did an excellent job remodeling my master bath. They replaced the vanity, tiled and painted the room and converted my tub into a walk-in shower. They were prompt, courteous, professional and a pleasure to work with. I love my new bathroom!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

Hi, thank you for the great review! We are so happy that you chose us to complete your bathroom renovation and that you are enjoying your new space. Take care and please do not hesitate to call us if you need anything! Thank you, Professional Home Improvement, Inc.

07/21/2018

Beth W.

I lived here through the gutting and reworking of my Master Bath, construction and outfitting of my Master Closet, the gutting and reworking of the Hall (Jims) Bath, the expansion of Jims Closet, Jims Coffee Closet, replacement of 7 Windows and demo, floor, wall, and door on Laundry/Utility Room. Jim is our room mate and master designer/ decorator of all the updates to our comfortable home When we, Mark and I, moved here the Master bath was a simple 6 X 9 - 3 piece. There was a 6 X 9 dressing area so we knocked out the wall and changed out the 3 piece for a corner soaker tub, a small corner shower and an over sized single vanity with storage pieces. The third 6 X 9 area was a small walk in closet. NOW : The small walk in closet became the prettiest shower I've ever had. Lovely linen like oversized ceremic tiles with small hexagon slate tiles on the ceiling and the floor, Most of one long wall is glass with no door and no sill at the entry. We installed some grab bars - I should say Florin installed the grab bars and did the shower construction and beautiful tiling. His attention to detail and making sure everything lined up perfectly keeps amazing me. There is a combo ceiling exhaust fan/heater and a single can light. We opted for a regular overhead shower and a hand held shower on a bar. The rest of the bath room came together perfectly. We have a new double vanity with a quartzite top, undermount sinks, single lever faucets, new mirrors. there is a smaller footprint but bigger interior soaker tub and all new reconfigured plumbing. The only hold up on the project was the additional plumbing, including upgrading cast iron to PVC, that needed to be done when we (I) changed the orientation of the tub and toilet. The only things we kept from our original bath were three wall light sconces and the almost new toilet. Dennis, Florin and the rest of the crew went out of their way making sure things were just right for me/us. MASTER CLOSET- Our fourth bedroom was a backup kid guest room and Marks closet dressing room from when he used to have to get dressed in the middle of the night. It was situated in between our Master Bdrm and Jims room. Florin knocked out the wall between the two closets, closed off the doorway and then partitioned off an addition to make a nice walk in closet for Jim and a super walk in closet connected by a brand new barn door type slider in the brand new doorway for me - and I got the double windows too. We have a combo of a couple furniture pieces and new built in shelves, drawers and hanging rods. JIMS BATHROOM - replaced tub & shower with a walk in shower with a floor to ceiling glass panel. Replaced the old vanity with a new large single sink vanity. Tiled with same Linen look ceramic tiles floor and walls to ceiling. Small slate hexagon tiles on shower floor. New mirror and light fixture. COFFEE CLOSET - the hall linen closet bumps up to shower water line so we had a water line run into the closet to hook into a coffee maker. Hot water for tea. Very handy. LAUNDRY/UTILITY/PANTRY - The original owner had made an opening between the Laundry room and the Family Room (our living room) and made a pass through with a bar top - there were some not very useful built in shelves so we had Florin tear it all out, close off the opening and install a bifold door. Then he replaced the black and white checked tile with some leftover tile from the bathrooms. We were able to combine some shelving and made more pantry space. And we don't have to look at it any more. Are we happy with our re-do - you bet! Do I recommend PHI - Dennis, Florin, Bennie, Danny, Ross, Tyler et all? You bet! Will we hire them again? You bet!

Description of Work
Redo two bathrooms, reconfigure 4th bedroom into two closets plus.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

Thank you so much for leaving a review! It is wonderful to hear from our customers. We pride ourselves in professionalism and quality. We are very happy that we were able to help you have a space that you love and that functions well for you. The place is gorgeous. We look forward to working with you again sometime in the future! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything. Thank you, Professional Home Improvement, Inc.