John Tidwell & Sons Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2011

John Tidwell & Sons, Inc. is a family owned and operated, fully licensed and fully insured remodel company. We would love to be a part of your remodel project no matter what area of the house it is. We do largely focus on kitchen, bathroom and basement remodels, but if you need windows, siding or a roof we can certainly tackle that with you as well. With a combined experience of 70 years between three of us, you will have a hard time finding something that we can’t handle. Additional contact info: John Tidwell - 404-202-4796 john@johntidwellandsons.com Sam Tidwell - 404-514-8398 sam@johntidwellandsons.com...

basement remodeling (6)home builder (1)interior painting (9)general contractors (8)door installation (7)home remodeling (5)woodworking (5)house painting (4)drywall (4)roofing (3)hardwood floors (3)siding companies (2)

12/20/2021

Thomas P.

John and his crew did a fantastic job at finishing our basement into a future in-law suite. They always started on-time each day, very communicative and helpful in walking us through how the project was progressing or any potential changes to the final bill, and always kept us involved with the design. Was also very impressed at how fast and efficient they are with what they do! These guys know what they're doing and would be happy to bring them back for another project any time.

Description of Work
Finishing Basement

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

06/10/2020

Kathy F.

My husband and I are thrilled with our new deck! We love having the shade created with the addition of a tin roof, along with lighting and ceiling fan. Sam worked with and advised us on changes we wanted to add a grill area and move the steps. They also repaired exterior & interior door frames, installed storm doors & added a bit of siding to close in where the tin roof was added. The guys that worked for us were extremely nice, polite, & professional. While their prices may be a bit higher, the quality of the work is superb and the finished product is beautiful! We are glad we chose them and would not hesitate to do so again.

Description of Work
Old deck replaced with improvements & tin roof added

Category contractors, roofing, siding, home builders, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Review for John Tidwell & Sons Inc - 1204 Tribble Crest Way, Lawrenceville, GA - 38630628

05/29/2019

Chris F.

Sam and the team at John Tidwell & Sons completed a multi-phase project that included stair reconstruction in our garage, the building of an interior mudroom, a new office space, as well as a new bonus room off the back of our house along with a new deck and new expanded front porch. The team was great to work with on all fronts as transformed our home. From walking through the scope of the project, and costs, to permitting/surveys/architect plans and time-line, they communicated well with my wife and me. Their team of builders showed to work when they said, worked hard through the day, did it right the first time and were so accommodating to our family as some parts of the project took place while our children were home over the summer. The quality of the work was impressive. We had not planned to do every phase of our broader project but in finding Sam and the team, we moved forward with it all given our early experiences. We will certainly look to use them on future projects for our family.

Description of Work
Addition to house, interior reconfiguration, new front porch, new deck

Category contractors, drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, roofing, siding, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

10/03/2018

Richard L.

Price was outrageous! Would be better off saying he was not interested.

Description of Work
Full basement and bath

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

Everyone perceives value differently. Some simply look for the lowest price, but the value John Tidwell and sons offer is a complete, thorough and accurate estimate that covers the cost of a job well done. We know that our customers do not appreciate cut corners, surprise expenses and/or cost over runs. What our customers do want is a quality job, using quality materials that is executed by skilled craftsman. They appreciate that we stay on the job until it's finished to minimize the disruption of their daily routine. This is the value we bring to each and every renovation we do, and it's reflected in the estimate of services.

05/11/2018

Kyle D.

Perfect. Sam Tidwell is awesome to work with.

Description of Work
Interior walls. Frame, drywall, trim and paint.

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

04/19/2018

Ken O.

Aside from a hiccough with getting the initial estimate (hence my B rating for punctuality), Sam and crew were great to deal with. The whole process was explained to us very clearly up front, and the written estimate was very detailed as well. Once started, impressive progress was made every day until project completion.

Description of Work
Install wood look tile floor in living room and downstairs half-bath, deal with associated trim work, etc., install new bathroom sink.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

01/31/2018

Claire G.

My husband and I were very impressed with John Tidwell & Sons. Prior to contacting them, we had received three estimates from other contractors, and I was not impressed with their lack of knowledge and pricing. When I met with Sam from JT&S, he seemed extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. The estimate he provided seemed reasonable, so we hired them. Each day they communicated what they planned to accomplish, and they met their timelines. They worked quickly, but quality was not sacrificed. John and his team paid attention to every little detail, and they cleaned up after themselves each day...it was if they weren't even there! My husband is in law enforcement, and he is very mindful of "strangers" being in the house. John and his team were professional and trustworthy; we left them at our home alone every day. I run a major retail store, so I value customer service, professionalism, and quality work--John Tidwell & Sons gets an A+

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel: -removed backsplash and countertops and replaced with new tile backsplash and granite countertops -removed old sink and replaced with new -provided custom-built island with granite on top -primed and painted cabinets and replaced cabinet hardware -removed old ceiling light fixtures and installed new

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

Review for John Tidwell & Sons Inc - 1204 Tribble Crest Way, Lawrenceville, GA - 36811558

11/02/2017

Kyle D.

Showed up on time. Very professional at their work and respectful of ours. They are intelligent and experienced. Full wall demo and rebuild on carpet and we did not even have to clean up where they were working.

Description of Work
Found bottom plate and bottom of studs rotting on load bearing wall in a operating childcare center. Demo wall, rebuild wall, hang new drywall and reinstall two way swinging door.

Category contractors, drywall, remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

09/29/2017

Tom M.

I couldn't ask for a better experience. Tidwell & Sons are professional, courteous, clean, and did a fantastic job of arriving at our place on time, leaving the place in immaculate condition all the while the work was being done. When we needed some minor adjustments, they were happy to accommodate. They informed us of everything we needed to know about when it was safe to put things on the shelves, why we should wait, and how everything was assembled. I can't recommend them enough and I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
We needed bookshelves built into the playroom for our kids. We wanted them to look as if they were built into the wall, part of the house and have them look as natural as possible (that is, having them differently than being, say, store-bought).

Category contractors, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Review for John Tidwell & Sons Inc - 1204 Tribble Crest Way, Lawrenceville, GA - 36328824

09/26/2017

S W.

EXCELLENT! After the wonderful job John Tidwell & Sons did on our bathroom remodel we didn't hesitate to call them when we needed repairs done on our roof. Once it was inspected it and the extent of the repairs determined we made the decision to replace the roof. We asked a million questions and they were all (patiently) answered. The crew that did the work was polite, quick and efficient; coming on a Saturday to finish the job. We are already planning to have John come back and do additional interior work.

Description of Work
Repairs made to damage on roof and new roof installed.

Work Completed On 08/19/2017

07/18/2017

S W.

John and his crew were on time every day, polite, and very knowledgeable about what they were doing. The work went smoothly and was completed in a timely manner. We are thrilled with the finished job. Will we hire them again - definitely!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel which involved removing old shower, taking walls down to framing, installing a new shower, tile work, plumbing, building a cabinet over toilet, repairing skylight area, patching and painting entire bath.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

05/05/2017

Gail N.

John and his team did an excellent job renovating our basement. They were professional, easy to work with, and completed the job within the estimated time frame. We had already partially completed the basement a few years ago, but it needed a lot more work. John listened to our requirements and made recommendations that worked for our budget. We would definitely hire John again for future projects and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Basement renovation

Category remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

04/19/2017

LEWIS V.

John and his team responded quickly and the work was completed within 24 hours. His team delivered high quality work and I was very pleased.

Description of Work
I needed repair on two "bird cages" on second floor roof.

Category contractors, remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

03/27/2017

Jeff E.

He came and we discussed and he examined but never provided an estimate. I can onyl assuem the job wasn't big enough. However, I had described it in advance so my advice do not come if you are not interested.

Description of Work
Cabinetry and some electrical work

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

Sorry [Member Name Removed], I can't really say exactly why, but I guess your job just fell through the proverbial crack. I wish you would have called me back and spoken directly to me about this. We try to treat all our clients and potential clients with the utmost respect.

03/22/2017

Larry B.

Very reasonably prices for all that was done. Came when he said he would. His crew was great. They respected me and my home. Matched paint colors perfectly. Answered the phone every time I called. They finished works was excellent. I love my cabinets.

Description of Work
Paint walls, trim, doors, baseboards for all rooms. guest bedroom, football room, includes ceiling and replace show molding; master bathroom includes vanity, medicine cabinet, cabinets under tub and replace shoe molding; kitchen - paint all cabinets, replace 6 new doors to match existing doors, also paint hall; Garage, install homeowner provided storm door; guest bathroom includes stripping wall paper, skimming and priming wall, painting vanity and medicine cabinet and replacing shoe molding.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

02/01/2017

Frank R.

Great. They were very professional and easy to work with. Their attention to detail is top notch.

Description of Work
Basement remodel

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

01/28/2017

Matt C.

The reason to hire Tidwell & Sons is because they treat your house like it was their own - tending to details that most homeowners wouldn't notice and doing absolute quality work that you are proud to own and show off to your friends. We've all had contractors that over-promised, took too long, did a mediocre job and caused you stress. All that vanishes when Tidwell & Sons do the job - you'll get the highest professionalism & quality at a fair price with zero hassles. Plus, they are simply some of the nicest and most honest guys around. Happy to show anyone photos of our dream home that the Tidwells built!

Description of Work
We've hired them for 4 major projects - including painting inside & out, wood flooring, carpeting, built two home offices, a stage for my band, and the world's best bar - and you literally can't find a flaw in their work. It's amazing.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 01/28/2015

Review for John Tidwell & Sons Inc - 1204 Tribble Crest Way, Lawrenceville, GA - 34365059

09/14/2016

Shawn P.

Excellent contractor-high quality work and attention to detail. Invoicing is clear timely and easy to understand....on time or early every day super reliable. I would highly recommend these guys....also when you need subs brought in for plumbing or electrical they have the ability to make it seamless and have reliable subs.

Description of Work
multi room remodeling , carpentry work and painting

Category contractors, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

07/06/2016

cecil T.

Description of Work
Great job on remodeling bathroom.

Category contractors, home remodeling

12/14/2015

Matt C.

The work was excellent. I work from home and spend most of my days in the new refinished basement, I couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
They finished our basement, put in an antique bar, two offices, and storage room.

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2012

10/26/2015

Valerie P.

I contacted John based on reviews from Angie's list and using Google. All reviews were outstanding. I contacted John for an estimate, he came the same day. I was a little late arriving, he waited for me on the porch. From start to finish he was very professional. He also suggested other alternatives my husband and I had not thought about. I've already received many compliments from family. John was always available via text and/or email. He left my home in perfect shape, he and his son vacuumed everyday before leaving. They are personable, friendly and thorough.The doors are beautiful! I have another project coming up that John and I spoke about. Can't wait to see his work with this one. Do not hesitate to contact him.

Description of Work
Installed 7 wood interior doors

Work Completed On 10/21/2015

08/08/2013

Faye L C.

I just saw in the August 2013 booklet I received from Angie's List that this company needs more reviews. I remember them well as they did a painting job for me about four years ago. John and his son did an outstanding job. They are the kind of people you want in your home. I would definitely hire them again and I'm thinking about doing so soon. I was somewhat concerned about putting white paint over dark and quot;fakeand quot; wood. Now, four years later, the room looks as good as the day it was finished. I give this company an A-plus. Faye

Description of Work
primed and painted a room, furnishing all materials

Work Completed On 04/18/2009

03/29/2013

Vince B.

It was for a remodel and took down a wall. It made an adjoining wall between two rooms. They thought it would only take a day, but it took longer and they left it very clean. They were a very good company and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used John Tidwell & Sons about a year ago for a room remodel.