Cool Masters Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2007

From a simple air conditioner tune up to furnace installation, Cool Masters Heating and Air Conditioning is the local expert for HVAC repair, installation and maintenance. From Atlanta to Lawrenceville, GA, their licensed technicians have served hundreds of satisfied customers .

HVAC Companies (197)plumbers (7)insulation (2)

11/19/2022

Rita W D.

Fast, efficient, friendly service. Mike is an excellent technician. I highly recommend Cool Masters.

Description of Work
Thermostat replacement.

09/26/2022

Susan C.

They came out to give me an estimate for replacing HVAC. Never received a quote for a new system, even after calling twice to remind them!

Description of Work
Replace HVAC

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

06/01/2022

Suz B.

Johnathan R. & Gabriel did a fabulous job. The best installers ever. Extremely knowledgeable with expert talent in explaining to us the process from A to Z!!!! J. R. & Gabriel are THE VERY BEST!!! Can’t do better than COOL 😎 MASTERS!!!

Description of Work
Installed new unit

Work Completed On 05/27/2022

02/08/2021

Richard B.

The day after the Christmas holiday, our appointment was promptly scheduled. Everyone, with whom, we had contact, was courteous, friendly and professional. Arrival at our home, in a well marked vehicle, at the scheduled time was prompt. A face mask was worn throughout the visit. A thorough assessment of our situation was made and we agreed on next steps (replacement of home furnace). Cool Masters provided a very good price and a complete quote for the service needed. Thanks to Luann and Mike who did an excellent job representing their company. We highly recommend this company and would not hesitate to call on them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of natural gas home furnace

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

10/15/2020

Suzanne W.

Very well. Jonathan was friendly, professional, and gave me practical tips.

Description of Work
Service of unit

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

08/05/2020

John K.

I have been a customer since 2014 and the owner Jonathan was very much involved. I was quoted a price recently to replace a control board. The day they we’re coming to install it they called and said they made a mistake and the price was 150% more. VERY BAD BUSINESS!! This used to be a fair and reasonable company but evidently they are no different than the the big boys anymore with outrageous prices and very bad practices.

Description of Work
Bad practices.

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

06/19/2020

John M.

I had the unfortunate experience of using Cool Masters Air Conditioning and heating for an AC Tune Up request. I spoke to the office manager taking the calls and was quoted $80 for the first unit and $60 for the second unit. Part of my mistake is that I should have asked for clarification on what is included in an AC Tune up, as the requested bill before we asked the tech to leave our property was now over $500! The tech that they sent out, came up with so many things that "Needed" to be done to avoid "Failure in the next 2 weeks". He even told my wife that we needed to replace an air filter for $95 in our attic and when we went to inspect it after he left, the filter looked brand new! The tech had my wife approve cleaning the coils (which we thought was part of the AC tune up), and then at when we asked him to leave told us the fee for cleaning was over $250. He then called into his office and the two owners said on speaker phone for me and my wife that "you either pay your invoice right there or we will just call the police and have you charged with theft of service" (Read other reviews, the owners seem to use this scare tactic frequently). When calling in, the office managers who all seem to be owners all had different stories and claimed that the tech is not paid on commission, but this tech threw more parts at us then I have ever seen before. He would also tell my wife, this needs to be done now or else it would fail, then when my wife got me involved his story changed to "oh no, it's just recommended that you change this. Now the best part, I advised the tech that I needed to speak with the owner before I was comfortable paying for anything, so he left and an invoice was sent to me a couple of days later with a a forged signature where I was supposed to sign to approve the order. This company seems to have a lot of inconsistencies, and some shady things going on when multiple stories and explanations are given and even more so a tech who is willing to forge a customers signature.

Description of Work
AC Tune Up

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/17/2020

Blair R.

Jonathan was a pleasure to work with and his crew did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/12/2020

Reginald R.

Very smooth transaction. Work was agreed upon and completed in five hours on the day of installation. This is a great company to trust in doing business with them. Enoch D. was fair and honest in delivering what he promised the company would do.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC system

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

05/14/2020

Sharon D.

Great! Service provider phoned prior to arrival and was within window of time provided. Very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Check up maintenance

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

03/11/2020

Aisha W.

We were very pleased with our service!

Description of Work
HVAC Service

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

08/28/2019

Teresa S.

It went really well! They were very very helpful

Description of Work
A/C unit repair

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

08/21/2019

Carol W.

Christopher came on time and did a wonderful job in fixing the problem. He was knowledgeable and informative, he worked until the job was done.

Description of Work
AC drain was clogged and water was pooling under and around the unit.

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

07/18/2019

Stephanie M.

The company did not provide service in my area.

Description of Work
HVAC service

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

07/16/2019

Bucky M.

They were good, fast, and the best deal. A/C is nice when it’s over 90 outside

Description of Work
Replacement heat pump and air handler

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

06/21/2019

J Susan A.

They did good and they are on time.

Description of Work
They did my spring service.

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

05/17/2019

Mike M.

Splendid! Not only did I get a great system at a good price, I got to work with a private company that I like dealing with, but also a company that I TRUST. That's hard to find these days. Call them, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Completely new HVAC and additional unit for separate room

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

01/22/2019

Elliott W.

My HVAC system wasn't working correctly, and with the frigid temps we had recently, I wanted to have someone come look at it, and if needed repair the system. The technician from Cool Masters was courteous and professional, did his diagnosis quickly and gave me some great advice. He found the problem and fixed it in less than an hour. I intend to use them again, as I was thoroughly impressed with their service and expertise. They did not try to price gouge me or sell me on products or services that I didn't need, which is also a plus!

Description of Work
Diagnosis of my HVAC system

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

01/16/2019

Sudhir B.

Excellent. Everything was working as expected after the tuning. Very professional technician.

Description of Work
Heating unit tuning

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

01/07/2019

James C.

The only company I will ever call for heating and air service. We had to replace our downstairs heating and air. Cool Masters was priced fairly. Everyone we dealt with was professional. They did an awesome job with the replacement. Offered several options at different prices. I cannot say enough good about Cool Masters.

Description of Work
Replace Heating and Air System

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

01/01/2019

Kathryn K.

While I would like to forget that I ever chose to do business with this company, over the years I have continued to uncover issues that they created in my home. In 2010, I believed all the great reviews and got a great price and really liked the owner. So, I had them install 2 HVAC units and a hot water heater. The hot water heater did ok until it stopped performing recently and I had to have it replaced. When I did, the plumber pointed out the poor installation and how the welding work they did had burned the wooden rafters in my home and created a hazard that I never noticed before. It brought my frustrations back to the surface. Despite the recent failure of my 8 year old water heater, the HVAC units are what I had years of trouble with. I have over 75 pages of written documentation on issues, but to make a long story short, I had 4 years of issues with the HVAC units. The owner continued to find fault with my home instead of his installation or products. In 2014, I hired 3 separate third party companies to look at the work and diagnose the problems with the units Cool Masters installed. At that point, I told the owner I could take him to court and he agreed to fix the issues (that he had been denying) that the third parties listed out. I agreed and moved forward with fresh hope. The next year, the units began to fail again and we had visit after visit (on average 10 visits per year) to “fix” the problems. After a week in 2017 when he and his techs had to come out 3 times to “fix” the same issue, the owner left my home in the middle of a job without explanation. At that time, I decided the cost of doing business with Cool Masters was not worth the emotional and financial toll. I left 7 years of his "warranty" on the table and was out tens of thousands of dollars to have to replace 2 HVAC units that were just 3 and 7 years old. I took them to court on my own and he brought his lawyer. While I made a couple of mistakes on how I named their company in the suit, and the lawyer tried to get the case thrown out as a result, I won the case. Instead of just paying the very small amount that the judge awarded me, his lawyer contacted me and threatened to counter sue me and take me to a state court, clearly the owner was choosing to pay his lawyer rather than what a judge ruled he owed to me. The owner thinks it is reasonable because he came to fix the issues. Over the course of 7 years, that amounted to over 60 visits and several missed appointments. I had to take weeks of vacation to deal with this business' failure to deliver. In court his lawyer told me I was unreasonable for expecting my home to be 72 degrees in the summer among other personal insults. While I have a family to support, the cost of doing business with Cool Masters after 7 years became too great. I ended up replacing these units and have been EXTREMELY pleased with the new systems and the new company that I am working with. I'm so glad I have found a company that doesn't blame me for their system failures or say that I am unreasonable for being frustrated over repeated visits for the same repairs.

Description of Work
2 Full HVAC Systems

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

09/26/2018

CAROLYN W.

Leonard was very knowledgeable of the situation and explained what was going on with the heating unit explained what needed to be done to correct the problem and the cost. Would recommend RWiley to friends and family

Description of Work
Diagnostic on heating unit

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

08/08/2018

v L.

Went well, very friendly staff. Would use them again

Description of Work
Changed the capacitor