April Painting Co Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2007

2720 Peachtree Parc Ln

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

With over 30 years of experience our team of specialists offers extensive expertise and knowledge of home improvement. Ask about April's specialty services that provide home solutions for clients that are economical and efficient. Our company emphasizes long-term relationships with our clients so we can serve your home improvement needs today and tomorrow. "We do more than Paint" - Quality First - It's our motto - Let us make it yours....

05/19/2020

Jim L.

Great - John (the owner) showed up same day, got a team on site within a day and completed the entire remediation in a few days. He also worked within the Insurance estimate on pricing.

Description of Work
Complete demo and remediation of a basement room that got flooded from the floor above

Category water damage restoration, cabinet refacing

05/19/2020

Jim L.

Great. The only delay was the weather. The team did in 2 days what would have taken me 6 months. John (the owner) was great to work with, very responsive and kept me up to date on status. The work crews did a quality job, cleaned-up well after their work and provided extra touches to assist with moving furniture and taking care of the surrounding structures and shrubbery.

Description of Work
Replaced all deck boards, stairs and stained boards and posts

Category deck cleaning, cabinet refacing

08/21/2018

Kenneth S.

They were very responsive to calls, texts, and emails. They were on site when they said that they would be. All work was done to my satisfaction. They made sure that I was happy with the quality of the finished work. They were very pleasant to work with. I recommend them to anyone without reservation!

Description of Work
Exterior painting, window and door replacement, and associated carpentry work

Category replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

05/08/2017

Ernest K.

We had multiple quotes done for an interior painting project and April was competitive and easy to work with. The project was canceled, but we are open to using them in the future.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

11/26/2016

Preston R.

We thought it would have to be demolished but they totally remodeled it.

Description of Work
Remodeled my husbands office.

Category remodeling

11/07/2016

Diana L.

From the initial consultation to the painting crew, everyone was very professional and did a quality job.

Description of Work
Main level of a house including kitchen, 2 story living and foyer, trimwork.

06/08/2016

Jonathan D.

Team did a great with the project and exceed our expectations. The crew was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and painted porch, deck, and various portions of home exterior. Cleaned gutters and roof.

Category gutter cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

04/15/2016

Jim L.

Day 1 - Team came to pressure wash the entire house, start repairs and begin taping. Excellent results. Day 2 - Completed taping, covered windows with plastic, sprayed entire house with primary color Day 3 - Began trim work, more of the minor repairs Day 4 - Completed repairs and Completed Trim (brush & roller work, sprayed gutters and larger trim) Day 5 - (a few hours) Painted doors and some touch ups. Cleaned up site. Overall a great job. Well done. Great communication on progress. Additional minor repairs found and resolved with minimal extra cost. Clean up was done well, too. The only snag was weather. We had a rain delay of 4 days between day 2 and day 3, which meant many of the windows were covered during that time. That, of course, what not under anyone's control and no fault of the service provider.

Description of Work
Exterior painting, including various minor repairs to siding, fascia boards, etc.

12/10/2015

Sherry J.

Painting was done over existing wallpaper. Prep work was done nicely to allow paint to adhere to wallpaper. I had some issues with paint job in one bathroom which was not done as neatly as others. The wallpaper had a border, that they stated did not need to be removed; they could paint over it without the seams showing. However, the seams did show. They sent a different crew to resolve the issue and it was taken care of promptly and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
paint three bathrooms

Category wallpaper, interior painters

09/01/2015

Ellen N.

All of our experiences with April Painting have been excellent. They have painted both interior and exterior portions of our house. Several aspects of our interactions have been exceptionally helpful: it is very easy and quick to communicate by email and/or phone; Pam provides color consultations that have enabled us to make choices quickly that match our taste and decor; they have come out quickly to provide estimates and worked with us to complete portions of the work to match our current budget. They have also been very good at working with us to accommodate our busy schedules. For the most recent job completed, they were able to help us with a need to do a rush job. They fit us in quickly when another job they had scheduled was cancelled. These aspects of the business are matched by the good job done by the work crews. We have found the painters to be careful, to work hard, and to communicate well with us about any problems or questions that arise. So far, we have used this company only for painting. We will continue to use them for painting and are also planning to work with them a planned bathroom remodeling job.

Description of Work
This is the fourth time we have used April Painting to paint our house. The most recent time we had three rooms on our second floor painted. One of the rooms is a large master bedroom with an intricate tray ceiling.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

08/06/2015

Tewan L.

They were friendly, neat, and cleaned up behind themselves.

Description of Work
They painted the interior of my home including finished basement except bedrooms and baths.

Category remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

05/29/2015

GAIL G.

April Painting had painted all of our exterior wood trim approximately 2 1/2 years ago. We recently washed the windows, and noticed that there were areas that were beginning to crack and flake. I called John on Wednesday to report this to him. Without hesitation, he scheduled an appointment for the following morning to check it out. At the appointed time, the doorbell rang and a painting crew was at the door. They asked me to show them the problem areas and immediately went to work. They scraped, primed, and repainted ALL of the windows in the house. John arrived a little later to make sure the job was going well. Having dealt with some bad painting companies in the past, I was absolutely floored by his quick and pleasant response. April Painting has us as customers for life!

Description of Work
They repainted exterior trim around windows that had begun to flake.

Category house painters, interior painters

07/26/2014

Rich C.

We have used April Painting 4 times...two outside painting and repair and two interior work. They did an excellent job on all work every time. They have proved to us that they are the best. They even came back after a year to update a job at no cost. Their work is of excellent quality. Thank April for another great job. Pam and Rich

Description of Work
Painted the outside of our house and did interior painting and repair.

Category house painters, interior painters

07/11/2014

Glenn M.

I just got a quote, but I did not use them. Overall, I will give them an A. He came out very professional, he was on time, and handed the quote the next day.

Description of Work
Interior Painting Services:...bedrooms, and bathrooms.

06/15/2014

JERRY R.

We are building a new home in Gainesville, Ga. The builder in our community only paints the interior of their homes shades of either white or tan. Since we wanted a more colorful interior i contacted April Painting for an estimate to paint all of the interior walls . I dont recall the exact date i first contacted April Painting, but i was contacted the same day by the owner John Gilreath. Keep in mind that i was trying to develop the painting bid from where we currently live which is about 120 miles from our new home in Gainesville, Ga. As a result most of my communication was via email and i actually would not have been comfortable with this approach but for the A rating for April Painting on Angies List and the positive customer reviews i had read before initiating contact. Based on room dimensions and other information i provided via email John prepared and emailed me a DETAILED estimate the same day i sent him the info. His estimate was carefully prepared in every respect and highlighted the caveats or conditions that the estimated amount was based on . We had indicated that we wanted to provide our own paint because of our past happiness with a particular brand and John said that he could either provide that exact paint or we could buy it ourselves and provide it when the job was due to begin. The following Saturday my wife and i went to Gainesville to look at the construction progress and John showed up at the house unannounced and on a Saturday! That was very helpful because he could go through the house and we were able to discuss various topics related to the paint project. The following Monday John sent me an updated firm bid based on what he had seen and what we discussed. The price was $3500 and for the size of the job i was very satisfied with that estimate at that point. During the same time this was all going on i had requested two other Angies List A rated painters to provide me with an estimate. I had received one of them and it was somewhat higher than John's but again without the painter actually inspecting the actual house. I had not asked that painter to go to look at the job because i was very impressed by the entire process of working with John Gilreath and i expected that i would be awarding the job to him. Unfortunately, the last painter i had requested an estimate from had been delayed in getting to our new house because his wife had had a baby . When he was able to get there and prepare a detailed estimate his price , based on identical specs, was lower than John's estimate by about 10%....as a result i felt i had no choice but to use that painter for the job instead of April Painting. When i advised John of my decision he was highly professional although disappointed . i make it a practice not to share the amounts of bids i obtain from one contractor with others who are also bidding on the same job as i dont think that is fair to anyone. So in summary i was extremely happy with everything April Painting did in working to get my business and i would not hesitate to consider them in the future for any painting work i need based on their professional approach to the business.

Description of Work
I contacted April Painting to provide me with an estimate to paint the interior of a new house we are building .

04/29/2014

Darnell H.

I was very happy with the work. Bob was great and he cared about his work, and it showed. I would definately use again.

Description of Work
Installed wallpaper on a focal wall in the dining room and two walls in one bedroom

Category wallpaper

04/21/2014

Diane S.

Went very well. His name was Bob. He was very nice. Cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
Took down old wallpaper and install new wallpaper

Category wallpaper removal, wallpaper

04/18/2014

Troy M.

I got a quote from a nice gentleman from April painting company. I thought maybe he miss understood what I wanted painted but nope he got it right in his estimate. His estimate for priming the rest of my house and painting 2 coats of white trim paint all the way around my house was $1650.00 and with the discount of 10% off it came to $1485.00. I thought he was giving me a price to paint my whole house again because I got several quotes from top rated angieslist companies and they were very close to what he quoted just for the trim. So needless to say I didn't use them. The highest quote I received to prime and paint all our trim was $450.00 from all the other companies that came out. Sorry guys but I don't know how you charge more than 3 times the highest price I received and get work.

Description of Work
Needed trim finished being painted.

Category interior painters

[member name removed] called us and wanted an estimate immediately late on a Saturday. He had paid a relative to paint his house that could not finish the job for some reason. I not convinced of cost he gives because there was more work than just slapping paint on a board, but perhaps the other companies did not price it to the real condition and carpentry needed that they missed. We priced on what we had to protect as well as clean properly, prime and let dry and paint two coats to uphold or reputation. We wish [member name removed] the best

03/16/2014

Renato O.

They came in with a reasonable price and did a great job

Description of Work
interior painting

02/24/2014

Cameron J.

No drips, stains, etc on the floor. Beautiful trim work. I will use them whenever painting is needed on my exterior. I still have a Phase 2 project scheduled with these guys. Great job!!

Description of Work
All went well.. No complaints. These guys came in and got the job done. The paint job is excellent.

01/27/2014

Kathy W.

The guys were all very hard workers and very polite. We are pleased and will use the again.

Description of Work
April painted the majority of the inside of our house including the ceilings. They also removed wallpaper from our hallway.

Category wallpaper, interior painters

12/11/2013

Gordon N.

NOthing - the phone number listed does not work.

Description of Work
NOthing - the phone number listed does not work.

Category wallpaper removal, home remodeling

You must have Mis dialed. Our # is 404-281-6541 Try again

11/19/2013

Tamera N.

Cost included pressure washing house and deck, scraping where needed, painting house and staining deck and a professional consult on color. I am very impressed with the service of April Painting! My house looks like a new home! The colors Pam helped me select were perfect! The crew worked diligently and did an excellent job. They were quick to respond to any touch-ups that were needed. They are now my new painting company. I highly recommend them for all your painting needs!

Description of Work
APRIL PAINTING CO INC

Category decks, house painters

11/09/2013

June S.

Owner visited for the quote and returned on first day to ensure they had steamer for the work. Very professional. Primarily two men doing the work and one woman helping and getting materials and cleaning up. All were clean, worked efficiently and did not waste time. Nice people. Left everything clean and had no paint spills. Started on Monday and finished on Wednesday. Showed up on time about 9 a.m. daily and worked until about 6 p.m. Ensured everything was covered including furniture and carpets and walk paths. Painting result was very good but possibly could have had sharper edging lines along the ceiling in some places and along the bottom molding. Not a major issue however but for the price it might have been a little sharper. Price was a little on the high side, but we would use them again as they knew what they were doing and got the job done and accommodated our timeline. When we asked if the kitchen needed another coat, the company assured us once we lived in it and still felt it needed another coat that they would come back and add an additional coat at no charge. So far, we are pleased with their work and would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed wallpaper (original one layer) in dining room, bath & dressing area and painted the walls only in those areas. Sealed and Painted kitchen.

10/04/2013

Suzanne M.

Very good service and I was please with the outcome

Description of Work
Repair and paint ceiling in bedroom

Fish Window Cleaning

Fish Window Cleaning is a locally owned and operated franchise serving the east Atlanta. We provide professional and reliable window cleaning and pressure washing for your home and business. We have been serving the greater East Atlanta area for over 11 years, serving areas including Conyers, Covington, Eatonton, Grayson, Greensboro, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Loganville, Madison, Oxford, Rutledge, Snellville, Social Circle, Stone Mountain, and more. We accept all major credit cards, cash, check, and billing options for our corporate customers. We happily will provide you with a free estimate.

Smith Drywall & Painting

MicroX Gutter Guards Inc

Offers by MicroX Gutter Guards Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Exterior painting, staining, gutter covers , pressure washing , gutter cleaning, covers, siding, Hardiplank, concrete driveways, metal roof painting, decks & porches, windows, interior: painting, staining, wallpaper & wallpaper removal, faux finishes, kitchen & bathroom & basement remodeling, countertops, paint removal, texture painting, mural & trompe l'oeil painting, color consulting , carpentry, dry wall repair, additions & cabinet refinishing.