DGS Contractors

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2008

4.4

3066 Cherokee St NW

Kennesaw, GA 30144

DGS Contractors has been providing home remodeling services in Atlanta since the early 2000‘s. Ever since it has been a family owned company and operated with a passion for beautifying and helping maintain homes. We first started in the remodeling business in the early 2000′s offering and delivering impeccable Interior Painting in Atlanta and Exterior Painting in Atlanta Metro Area....

04/27/2020

Kevin R.

It was excellent they work was really detail and the crew made sure that my wife and I were happy with everything

Description of Work
Columns under my porch were replaced for custom pvc columns

Category home builders, woodworking

09/25/2019

Amy B.

My experience was great!! my deck looks amazing juan and his company were just awesome they provided great services for very good pricing. I look foward to working with this company again for more home renovations. Thank you guys so much.

Description of Work
My deck remodeled

Category decks, house painters

09/04/2019

Daniel B.

Really impressed with DGS! We worked with Kevin Ramirez, who was wonderful and kept the project to a tight timeline. We built a deck with underdecking, filled in underneath to add a sitting area, and closed in a sliding glass door and added three large windows. Very pleased with the final work, which took less than a month from start to finish including permitting.

Description of Work
deck replacement

Category decks, siding, house painters

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your project. We appreciate your business and trust.

06/28/2019

Dennis B.

My experience with Kevin Ramirez and DGS Contractors was great and successful. They fix some rotted wood around my chimney and bay window on the exterior of my home. They also replaced the flashing on the chimney . Their costs were competitive and their management team has excellent communication.

Description of Work
Replace rotted wood

Category woodworking, house painters

11/12/2018

Brian W.

Small crew assigned which extended the project considerably. No receipt provided. Some follow-up items neglected (i.e. door threshold) and the old deck color is beginning to show through 6 months later.

Description of Work
Painted house and deck

Category decks, house painters

08/16/2018

Debbie F.

For four months we spent hours searching for a reliable, dependable, reasonable, company that would come when they said they would and/or return our calls to give us an estimate, which none were done. It became so frustrating because we had a lot of damage on the house from a tree that fell on the roof. After calling DGS Contractors our faith in human decency was returned two fold. Jairo and his team met us at the house when they said they would and if ever they ran a little late Jairo would always call us. You would think they were fixing their own property with all the attention to detail they showed. Everything was explained up front, along with the estimates which he kept to. He brought to our attention any future problems we may have while checking the damage. He did not want to put a bandaid on any problems because his work is so professional. He took pictures of the all the damage and sent us copies for our records. Their communication skills are excellent which we really appreciated. We highly recommend this team of contractors due to quality work, and clean up. Our communion and followup with Diana Rojas in the office was always courteous and met in a timely manner. It was a pleasure working with them and we will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Roof repair due to fallen tree.

Category drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, siding, chimney repair, house painters, interior painters

02/22/2018

Andrea A.

DGS Contractors did a great job. Paul and Luis were very professional in reaching out to me throughout the whole process beginning with the initial bid to the final inspection. Crew was efficient and did a great job! They were professional and did a great job cleaning up too. I would definitely recommend DGS!

Description of Work
Replace siding / Paint home exterior

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

08/25/2017

Michael B.

DGS did a great job from beginning to end. The project looks exactly as it was expected. Overall was a great team to work with.

Description of Work
Replace existing deck boards and railings, expand deck to about 2x original size, build pergola.

Category decks, deck cleaning

12/05/2016

JoAnn V.

Virtually perfect!!! They were very respectful of our home, asked use questions repeatedly to ensure they were doing exactly what we wanted, were punctual, and did work which was better that anyone who has ever painted our house previously. After they left I walked around and marveled at the quality of their work. It's an easy decision to hire Dixon - they deliver a perfect product

Description of Work
They painted the entire outside of our house. Some of our house is very difficult to reach (45 feet high). This included replacing some boards which were rotten and painting the front door and all other doors, windows and trim.

Category woodworking, house painters, doors

10/31/2016

Richard N.

Solid Choice for Carpentry and Siding Dixon Group Services did a very good job with siding replacement and a difficult fascia repair project on my home. It required repairing/replacing rotted wood under metal roofs covering our front bay windows. I called roofers (who only worked with asphalt roofing), window installers (who either didn't know how or didn't want to mess with a metal roof) and handymen (who claimed they could perform the work, then realized after reviewing the project that they were unskilled – at least they were honest!) I chose Dixon Group after reading online reviews, carefully determining the type of skilled labor needed for my particular project, reasonable cost, and the sense of customer service focus I felt about the company after talking with Diana, customer service rep for the project. She does a great job of communicating clearly, scheduling and coordinating project crews and following through to confirm dates and times that work for the customer, as well as promoting the company’s values of customer satisfaction. Mario and crew showed up on time every morning with a good attitude, and performed their assigned work with skill, enthusiasm and pride. Their thoroughness and attention to detail gave me confidence that the job was getting done right with quality workmanship. I also identified some additional work that needed to be done during the course of the project that was accepted without hesitation and resulted in a finished product where we could enjoy our home with a whole new facelift! My only reason for grading a B instead of an A is because there was a misunderstanding on the estimate for the chimney siding work that was quoted. Pablo prepared a thorough and detailed estimate, which was a good thing compared to several other quotes I received for the project that were much more generalized. However, several revised estimates were needed for the additional work I was having done, with one of the revised estimates missing siding replacement on the ‘back’ of the chimney down to the deck. So, after adjusting the estimates several times, there was some confusion on the scope of work to be completed at the price quoted regarding the chimney siding ‘back’ vs. ‘front’ which was disappointing. However, after adjusting my expectations, I was satisfied with the final estimate, and overall felt like the total cost for the project was fair and reasonable. There was also some discussion during the project of some additional small things that I thought would be covered as part of the overall project, but they were never completed. I was also charged for minor siding work on the last day that I thought would be covered but was charged separately. Bottom line on Dixon Group Services: They are a quality contractor skilled and capable to perform a wide variety of challenging home projects with quality workmanship using quality products at a reasonable cost who provide excellent customer service. Just be sure you are clear on the details and scope of the work to be performed for your project and that the estimate is reasonably accurate and ultimately reflects the total cost and value of your project.

Description of Work
Fascia Repair and Siding Replacement

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

07/05/2016

Rosa W.

We were impressed with our neighbor’s home, the colors and detailed work with the painting of their house; they referred us to the Dixon Group. Our expectations were high with Dixon Group and they did not let us down. We sit down with our project manager to design our home renovation. He did and excellent job of gathering our ideas, such as colors, materials, and designs, which resulted in something spectacular. The teams worked very hard they identified problems that could have been overlooked and could have cause more work and cost in the future. They were honest, and trustworthy. I recommend the Dixon Group, and would use them again. I was satisfied with the work knowledge, experience, communication, and support from the owner, project manager, customer service, and team technicians.

Description of Work
We had experience teams to replace our roof, gutters, bay window, and deck. Carpentry work, and Exterior paint the entire house; everyone did an excellent job.

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, house painters

05/25/2016

David G.

Dixon Group has a great reputation in our local area and has done work for several friends and for our local church. They were very quick to respond to a request for a quote and took the time to fully understand the scope of the project and my preferences and goals. The team was onsite as scheduled and were very communicative on progress and next steps.

Description of Work
Scope included full external paint including significant repair/replace of rot on windows and trim. Also replaced our gutters and did a full pressure wash of the driveway and front walk.

01/18/2016

Richard P.

We hired the Dixon Group to install a coffered ceiling in our living room. They did an excellent job at a fair price. They were very professional and completed the job 4 days ahead of schedule. They were very neat while performing the job and when they were finished cleaned the house completely. Their account manager Roney was more than accommodating when asked for suggestions or to make changes. I would highly recommend The Dixon Group for any home improvement needed. Rich P.

Description of Work
Install coffered ceiling

09/12/2015

Lawrence L.

The crew arrived on time as scheduled. We went over the work that was scheduled and they got to work. Pleasant and professional installers. They did good work and maintained a clean work environment while at the house. Job looks great. Supervisor showed up duringthe work to check on the crew and make sure all was going well. Thank You.

Description of Work
Installed bamboo flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, house painters

We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with the work performed, We are always at your service!

09/03/2015

PETER C.

They were awful. They never showed up. They never called. Nothing. We called them and they never called us back. The estimate was free. The price they quoted was fine. For the estimate, they showed up three hours late.

Description of Work
They came, gave us an estimate and told us when they were going to come to paint. They were going to do interior painting.

Category interior painters

(Removed member name), Our records indicate we tried to contact you on multiple occasions for confirmation. Please contact us 678-601-2775, all proof will gladly be provided upon request.

04/06/2015

Sandra B.

I don’t think they did the best job they could of done. There was still some mold left above the garage but they did the best they could. I went to Sherwin Williams with them to pick out the color of my choice. They only put one coat on the house after it was advised that it needed two coats per Sherwin Williams request. They came back a couple days later to check on it. It also does not have enough sealer on it as they only put one coat on the entire house and only two coats on certain parts of the house. The company has a bunch of younger people doing the job. They treated it kind of like a game. They did not treat our house with respect and they treated it kind of like a vacation (the younger people). They had intermediate supervision but not for the most part. We do not feel the entire result is good or what we would expect for the amount paid. The people at Sherwin Williams explained it would take two coats and they only did that on certain spots of the home. I would use them again if they were to have a supervisor on site and they hired younger guys that took the job more seriously. The steps were also needing replaced. They were pressure treated wood, they replaced 15 or more (approximate number). They had their brand label of the wood showing on the steps after they put the sealer on. After they came came back to take the label off they sanded it down, and put another coat on but now the paint is peeling off where they sanded the stairs. Now I have to put rubber tread down on the wood where we were supposed to have it fixed because the paint has started to peel.

Description of Work
They had power washed the house because it had some mold on it.

Category handyman service, pressure washing

03/31/2015

JAMES S.

I first met Juan of the Dixon Group while my wife and I were visiting a close friend of ours. He was doing some finishing touches on a project which consisted of interior painting of several rooms. It was an excellent job and she gave him an excellent recommendation. My wife immediately made an appointment with the Dixon Group to give us an estimate on our house. Three days later Juan came out and look at the property. The property needed a lot of work and Juan said he would get back to us. In less than a week he emailed us an estimate and wanted to know when we thought we would begin. I have to admit it was almost a year later that we stated on the house because we were extremely busy. I must praise the Dixons Group for their follow up because no matter what the follow up date was I would received a call from Juan. Finally we were ready to start. Juan came out again and went over the estimate again. I have to admit I was a little concern when he told me they would be finish in a week considering the amount of work that was needed. Some of the work included: Replacing 200ft of gutters, replacing damage sliding on 2 dormers, replacing 14 section of the exterior sliding on back of house, replacing some of the soffits boards and fascia, replacing a large palladium widows and two side lights over the front entry, and replacing a basement door. We also had the house pressure wash and painted. These were some of the main items, there were a few others. All of the workers were skilled, courteous, and professional. Juan would return calls quickly and resolve any of our concerns quickly of which there were only two. Juan also came by everyday to check on the progress of the project. The Dixon group started on a Monday morning and finish on the Friday afternoon. They were true to their word; the work was done in one week to my surprise. Working with the Dixon Group was a very good experience. I have worked which other contractors before and there always seem to be a problem with time and performance. The question that needs to be answers is would I use the Dixon Group again? The answer is YES. The second question is would I refer them to a friend? The answer is YES, and I already have.

Description of Work
Some of the work included: Replacing 200 ft of gutters, replacing damage sliding on 2 dormers, replacing 14 section of the exterior sliding on back of house, replacing some of the soffits boards and fascia, replacing a large palladium widows and two side lights over the front entry, and replacing a basement door. We also had the house pressure wash and painted. These were some of the main items, there were a few others.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, doors

We are very fortunate to have you as a DGS customer. Thank you for your trust.

01/07/2015

Gerson F.

I recently decided to move forward with extensive Home Remodeling. I selected Dixon Group Services from 5 other competitors. The work has now been completed and all I can say is, I COULDN'T have made a BETTER CHOICE Professional all the way! It was great to have such a group of caring people assist me with my project. Most of the work was completed during the Holiday Season and Dixon Group was extremely flexible on working with my schedule. My house now looks wonderful. I am one grateful and happy customer. Would I recommend them...definitely!

Description of Work
Interior and Exterior Painting, Deck Repairs, Gutter Covers

Category decks, house painters, interior painters

01/01/2015

Dee L.

Juan was a great project manager. The work was great for the price. I did think they may have worked a little fast and overlooked some quality in the job. Once pointed out however, they quickly fixed everything to my satisfaction. Great folks to work with!

Description of Work
Siding Repair, Exterior trim, pressure washing, painting.

12/08/2014

Julie F.

The Dixon Group was fantastic. I was a little afraid to use them because of the negative comments on Angie's List but I am really happy that I gave them a call. The man they sent out to give us a quote was the same person who oversaw the whole project. This gave me a lot of confidence in the process. He was professional and thorough from the very beginning. The quote they provided was the most detailed I have ever seen (and I have done extensive renovations on four houses). Their price was almost the lowest we received, but their service seemed to be the best so we decided to go with them. Even the lady on the phone was exceedingly friendly and professional. Everyone answered my phone calls and emails immediately and came to the house if I had any questions. One of the brick walls they rebuilt was complicated brickwork and required specially-colored grout (to match the old grout in the rest of the wall). They happily re-stirred the grout three times until it was the color I approved (and stirring grout is like stirring concrete by hand). There was only one hiccup in the entire process, which is not much considering how much work they did for us. That hiccup was a very small, picky detail that was fixed right away: we were unhappy with the color grout they used on the corner brick of our back landing. Dixon came back the same day to chip out the grout and brick and redo it. Then everything was perfect. They went above and beyond which is rare in home repairs. Dixon found more wood rot and damage than we did and repaired it all before painting. They were very careful to protect our expensive landscaping and hardscaping from any drips. They matched our existing custom paint color perfectly. They brought crews of two to five people at a time so the work went quickly. (I was also impressed that they were willing to put a timeline into the contract so we would be sure not to get delayed. We wanted the work done before Thanksgiving and it was.) I also want to add that finding someone to replace columns was not easy and we received a variety of crazy advice about what would need to be done. The Dixon Group obviously had experience in that area and they installed economical, quality, long-lasting columns which matched ours which had been rotting at the bottom. We could not be any happier with the completed results of our projects and with the friendly, prompt, professional service we received along the way. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
The Dixon Group replaced 10 columns (including the trim) around our house, rebuilt two brick walls and repaired another brick wall and three brick landings in front of our doors. They also painted the exterior of the house (which included a lot of prep work and repairs).

Category contractors, drywall, woodworking, house painters, doors

Mrs. [removed member name], We are extremely grateful for your wonderful review. We promised to deliver and am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your trust in our abilities with your home improvement project. Dixon Group Services Management.

12/04/2014

Robert T.

Work that was accomplished was satisfactory. Estimate was vague in what was included. If you use them, make sure all details are down on paper. They were responsive to my needs and corrected items I had a problem with at there cost. Company was very punctual at start and worked steadily through initial completion. Follow up work was not what I would call punctual but it was the holiday season. In the end they were pretty professional about the entire project. I am very satisfied with the final product.

Description of Work
Fascia & Soffet repair and repaint. Pressure wash.

Category gutter repair, siding, pressure washing, house painters

[Member name removed], As per our phone conversation. I was very sad to see your feedback. I'm glad we have been able to coordinate an inspection to look at the undone work. If it was NOT on your estimate or work order, most likely it was not part of the work. However, we believe in our customer's word and because of this, we will revisit you to find a friendly resolution. Our main goal is our customer's satisfaction and like I mentioned to you, please feel free to call us at 678-601-2775 with any questions or concerns. We never walk away from a job without our customer's satisfaction. Please keep our number, I learned about your experience through your post. One call from you, would have gone a long way in helping the office learn about your concern. To mutually find a friendly resolution. Best Regards, Dixon Group Services Management

11/25/2014

Beth J.

My project included outside painting and interior painting. All of the guys were very professional and were able to answer my questions. They stayed within the budget we established and worked very efficiently. The work was completed as scheduled. High quality work.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and trim work. Interior painting in two rooms.

Category house painters, interior painters

11/21/2014

Sandi A.

We feel the job went well. The foreman, Kirt, was kind, reasonable, and listened to all my concerns and requests. If there were any questions, I was always contacted immediately. He stopped by the job each day at least once, but usually twice. We are very pleased with how it looks and have received multiple compliments from neighbors. It took approximately one week to complete this job.

Description of Work
We had a portico built, caulked, and painted on top of a four step stone front porch. It was designed just as we had asked, and matching shingle were installed in an architectural style, which matched our current roof. Gutters were needed and installed on either side of the portico to redirect the water away from the house.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

11/12/2014

Lauren L.

The crew does not speak English. There was maybe on guy that did. The work has been sub-par. The work schedule was very inconsistent. They would do a half days work, then would come back haphazardly. The columns were not straight. We felt we supervised the project and constantly asked for corrections.

Description of Work
The built a portico on our house.

Category decks

07/08/2014

Marjorie K.

They were very good. They came for the appointment on time and they were very courteous. They gave me a quick response and their price was not unreasonable but I was able to get a family member to do the job. The estimation process was free.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Dixon Group Services in February for doing repairs to my rotten floor on my porch.

Category decks, woodworking