Buy the Hour

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2005

Owner Operated, No Subs. Cost Is Determined By The Job. There May Be A Travel Charge....

handyman (177)electrician (41)ceiling fan installation (37)lighting (16)plumbers (11)drywall (8)screen repair (1)fence company (1)general contractors (1)woodworking (5)house painting (3)flooring (3)

03/12/2018

Soneata R.

He was very courteous, professional and quick on the job. He was very fair with his pricing and I will continue to use him. He is very good.

Description of Work
He did some handyman jobs around the house for me. He replaced the garbage disposal, put up the window treatments, etc.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

11/06/2017

Robert R.

I called John to re-install a ceiling fan that I had screwed up. He called me back within 2 hours, and asked me about the job. When I explained the issue, he gave me advice to try to fix it on my own, which I did. He said he was more than willing to come out and do the job, but offered the advice first. I really appreciated that, and he was 100% correct with the instruction. I would absolutely call him back and hire him for other jobs based on that experience alone. Thanks John.

Description of Work
Wiring of a ceiling fan

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

10/13/2017

CHRISTINE B.

After a month, various calls, texts, emails and appointments made, moved and missed, I felt I had given him plenty of time to do the work, so gave up with him. Nice enough man but couldn't waste any more of MY time.

Description of Work
Several little jobs around the house

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

The client is right that I didn't make the appointment - she neglects to mention that I had rescheduled only once, and she had moved our appointment several times - at least once with little notice. I do my best to be transparent in my communication and I did communicate the nature of my emergency that day... I'll own the fact that I didn't get to her and that inconvenienced her, but she inconvenienced me as well and my time is valuable too. I'd accept a C, but I don't deserve an F. I'd give her the same C if I could rate her as a customer. Again, thanks for the feedback and the opportunity to use it to make myself better!

09/27/2017

Laura V.

I've had John do several small jobs since buying my house: installing storm door, installing trim around a bathroom door (twice thanks to my dog), installing a new kitchen sink faucet. He is always my first call for estimates and if it isn't work he does, he will recommend another service provider. He's always on time and super friendly. It's nice to find a trustworthy service provider like John.

Description of Work
Misc jobs (kitchen faucet, door trim, storm door)

09/02/2017

Leslie W.

I had a very good experience. That gentleman was very good. I provided the materials they did the labor. They did great, I am going to use them again. You can send them a note that Leslie Wintsch was extremely happy with everything they did, it worked out really well.

Description of Work
They replaced the attic stairway.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/02/2017

07/31/2017

Kim M.

I had a great experience. The price was very fair.

Description of Work
They did handyman service.

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

06/17/2017

Don W.

It was for a guard house. The price was way too high. I ended up doing it myself. It came to $400 and i thought that was ridiculous and everything else was overpriced. I just never had him come back. He was a nice guy and he came out when he said he was going to do it. I can't fault him for his prices. He charges what he charges, even though it was overpriced. I would've been a fool if I would've had that done. I wasn't there. We have a 24 hour guard service. I only saw the end result of the estimate. I never met him. I definitely would not use him again.

Description of Work
He came out to do an estimate on attaching a gutter pipe to another pipe. I also give him other services to bid like fixing up vents, putting the gutter back together again. There was also some work in our security house because I am the HOA president.

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

I wish I knew who this Person is... I've never done work for this member, Hopefully they can figure out who really worked for them!

06/12/2017

Kim F.

They did very well.? Yes, I am thinking about using them again.? To hang a 65 inch TV and the brackets and the TV, and a big huge 65 inch electric fire place on the wall and a bunch of pictures on the wall -- to do that in 2 hours, I thought was pretty fast. He did it by himself, one guy. He did a great job and he did it really fast, I was very, very pleased and happy.

Description of Work
They were hanging TV's, electrical fire places and pictures on walls and stuff.

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

05/03/2017

Carolyn B.

Excellent. Very efficient. Saved me a lot of money compared to a previous quote I had received.

Description of Work
Minor bathroom repairs.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

02/15/2017

Fern H.

Very well. Assisted with location of parts for sink and saved me money as a result.

Description of Work
Paint touch up. Door knob replacement. Faucet replacement.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

01/23/2017

Theresa W.

John is a pleasure to work with. Very professional, efficient and fair. Highly recommend him!

Description of Work
General repairs, appliance and lighting fixtures installations

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

11/02/2016

Joe V.

Not well. He at the last minute before coming to my place went to look for the baseboard and was unsuccessful. On top of that he charged me for his time looking at Lowes and Homedepot. He charged me $100 to mud a small area. For the vanity leg he said it needed to be caulked in, why then didn't he do it???

Description of Work
Trim Baseboard to be replaced, walls mud and sanded, and leg to vanity shortened

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/02/2016

I did wait until the day of the job to buy the trim... And I also removed the charge for the time I spent in 3 stores looking for her materials from the bill when she objected to paying it with no questions asked... I also didn't mention or charge her for the the 40 minutes I spent driving from store to store to store while looking. When I first talked with her I told her that I charge in store time while buying materials to clients. And she raised no objection to this at the time. As to the small area - I mudded aprroximatley 14 sq ft of sheetrock over a prior severely shrunken and cracked layer put on by another contractor who was doing tile work. Due to the irregular surface and the desire to leave the painter with as little sanding as possible that task took almost 25 minutes. I also mudded about 10 lineal feet along a tile edge at each end of a vanity by a knee wall. Tedious and exacting (she actually rightly pointed out that I had left a 2" gap along one of the edges which I corrected) Not a a quick job - again about 25 minutes. I didn't caulk the foot after cutting it down and gluing it in - again a task not completed by the tile contractor because until the painter sanded and painted caulking would be in the way of sanding and having a flat smooth surface finish where the mudded wall abuts the foot. With set up of the saw and the cut, recut and recut required as well as gluing the leg it and packing the saw away I spent about 25 minute on this too. Another 5 minutes was spent cleaning up and writing up her bill. In addition I looked at some other items for her without charging for that time either. In the end, I charged her $75 per hour for the 1.33 hours I spent on her job. And ate 30 minutes - again with no protest that I was entitled too for the shoppinig. So yes she paid $100 for what was fairly billed and really worth $137.50 +. In addition, I didn't charge her for the mud or the glue used for this job... I also had to make an extra trip to meet the client after the job to return the moulding sample I had taken in order to research the trim from the supplier she told me would carry it. After leaving the job she texted me to say I wouldn't need to buy the trim that she would do it. By then I was almost 10 miles away headed for my next job. When she requested that I return it I did it at a time convenient to her - again with no complaint. I'd feel that my performance was really worth a B here and I'd settle for a C... But I certainly don't deserve an F. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for your business. I'm sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

11/01/2016

Behzad K.

Jobs were done to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling fan, fixed doors.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

10/24/2016

Willi C.

We were getting a chandelier replaced. John was easy to work with. He was also responsive and punctual. The work was well done and the pricing is fair. Thanks John!

Description of Work
Replace 2nd floor hallway chandelier

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

10/03/2016

Jeff J.

John did great work both times. On the first visit he even told me about a program through the water department to get a rebate on replacing old toilets. So instead of repairing the old toilet I was able to get a brand new one for just a few dollars more. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
John replaced a toilet and installed a hard to reach vent tube for my dryer. I also had him come back out to replace a garbage disposal.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

08/10/2016

Lawrence K.

He was a no show for our appointment to do the repairs. He didn't call to reschedule. He didn't return any of my numerous calls to find out what happened.

Description of Work
He came to my house to understand the scope of the repairs. He scheduled a date to do the repairs.

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

Regrettably the client is correct... I should have trusted my gut and not taken the job. I turned it down initially when the client called and then let myself be talked into looking at the work and then giving him a quote and setting a date. Got too busy in the interim and when the day arrived (the work was almost all outside) the weather was wet and storms were imminent and I was backlogged with other work. I should have called to cancel for the day instead of leaving the client in the dark. But I wouldn't have been able to reschedule in a timely manner either, so I decided - wrongly to avoid a confrontation and just ignore his calls. I'm not proud of this effort, and I'm sorry that I didn't live up to the client's and my own expectations. All I can do is say I'm sorry and that I've learned from this - and won't let it happen to someone else in the future. Thanks for the honest, critical feedback. Regards, JG

06/22/2016

HENRY C.

John made the process easy as pie. He was quick in and out. Saw the problem bought the part and got it done.

Description of Work
Replaced the mechanism on a lock

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

06/17/2016

John Z.

Fixed the guest bathroom , it looks really great now ... The guys did a good job on it

Description of Work
Redid my guest bathroom

Work Completed On 06/13/2016

06/06/2016

Mitchell S.

He said that was something that he did not do. I find it hard to believe that a handyman does not know how to hammer a nail into a piece of trim.

Description of Work
I called the provider to have him replace some trim around the lower edge of my deck 8 feet off the ground

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

So I rate a C because I contacted the customer to let them know that the work was outside the scope of what I do and I didn't want to leave them hanging. I'm Sorry for being prompt and honest! Angies List, this isn't fair! Thanks for your feedback Sir ;-{)

03/30/2016

Sharon W.

Everything went smoothly and was done quickly. Suggestions were made which made the job go more easily. Cost was clearly spelled out before hand and as well as explanation of what all would need to be done. Couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
John replaced hinges on 22 cabinet doors and replaced 32 knobs. He also installed new bathroom accessories and repaired front entrance door.

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

01/10/2016

Annette T.

From initial contact to job completion I could not have asked for better service. He was polite, professional, very knowledgeable and went right to work. The first fan w/lights he installed on my covered patio in early, along with the second fan/light operated by remote work perfectly from the moment they were installed. I highly recommend him & will use him again for any job falling under his area of service.

Description of Work
This visit John installed a ceiling fan w remote where none had existed. A previous visit he had removed an old exterior ceiling fan & installed a new one.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

01/08/2016

Halie L.

We called John to see about reinstalling to bathroom sinks that had separated from the countertop. He came in, got the point, which ultimately was that we really needed a stone company to do the work. I appreciated his honesty and the fact he didn't charge us for the visit. Add to that, a neighbor called panicked because her hot water heater burst, he immediately went over to shut off the water for her.

Description of Work
estimate on re-installation of bathroom sinks to vanity.

Category handyman service, plumbing