MC KINNEY HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, INC.

Founded 1999 • With Angi since November 2010

L.24179
North Carolina
North Carolina: Plumbers
12/31/2022

2300 JIM WATSON RD

Hiawassee, GA 30546

Emergency service available 24/365 on all brands. Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. We employ NATE certified technicians. McKinney Heating and Air Conditioning is a Certfied Drug Free Work Place and carries Workman's Comp and Liability Insurance. Visit us: http://mckinneycomfort.com or on Facebook...

HVAC Companies (34)

02/05/2020

Catherine L.

Needed new thermostat

Description of Work
Heat wasn't working

Work Completed On 01/25/2020

06/18/2018

Margot T.

Great job and very professional.

Description of Work
Heating and air installation

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

Thank you Miss [Member Name Removed]!

01/19/2018

Hong S.

We called for service early in the morning. I specifically requested for Ryan who had been out to the house before. They said sure and that someone would call ahead. Late in the afternoon someone other than Ryan simply showed up. No prior call. He said it was the burners that were corroded. Since I had already replaced the ignitor as well as the flame sensor, I asked him to check out the gas valve. He did so and confirmed that it was the valve that malfunctioned. Next morning I had to call in again and talked to the owner to get someone out to the house. We had spent the night with zero heat. To his credit, someone called soon after and came out and replaced the valve in about half hour. Eddie the service man was quite professional and confident. Now the real problem: the invoice had one material item (Gas Valve) priced at $352.18. This Honeywell VR8245M2530 is available on Amazon for $94.94. I understand fully that the service business has to mark up for their work, but this is really excessive. I would not have issues with 100% markup but over 250% is extreme. Note there was a separate service charge of $95. Of course, I will pay the invoice, but next time I will go elsewhere.

Description of Work
Gas furnace would intermittently ignite. Ignitor would glow and then die down. Burners never fired up.

Cost $424.82

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

08/07/2017

George M.

Everything went fine

Description of Work
Replace HVAC

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

03/29/2017

Melissa A.

Went great I came home from work and they were all done. They even cleaned up behind themselves.

Description of Work
New system in my home.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

08/30/2016

Charles R.

Description of Work
Good follow through and I felt like I got treated fairly. I will use them again. I check Angie's list before I called them.

01/12/2016

tommy D.

10/06/2015

Wayne J.

Description of Work
Excellent work performed on time as agreed.

Work Completed On 07/26/2013

07/30/2015

betsy P.

Description of Work
replaced circuit board on AC unit.

Work Completed On 06/27/2015

Cher Y.

Description of Work
He checked the air conditioning system and then he put Freon in it. He also advised me on what type of filter to use for maximum protection of my unit's best performance.

Work Completed On 06/20/2015

marilyn P.

Description of Work
He checked the AC but found nothing wrong.

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

Robert H.

Description of Work
I made two requests to arrange a visit to get an estimate on a new heat pump, but they have not replied.

Work Completed On 07/08/2015

06/24/2015

James B.

We were very pleased with the service. The service man made several trips to the attic to carry out water. He had the parts he needed on the truck and worked very quickly. He was cheerful and friendly and answered our questions fully. This was our first experience needing service on this house and we are very pleased to have someone we can count on for future work.

Description of Work
unclogged heat pump drain, replaced fitting. checked coolant.

Work Completed On 06/19/2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and for your kind remarks. Best Wishes, Gary Miller

03/14/2015

Swanee H.

I am duly impressed! They responded promptly to my request for an appointment. The technician arrived at the scheduled time, and was very professional and educational. He identified himself at the door and was wearing a polo shirt with the company name and gave me his business card. I am recently widowed with moderate knowledge of how a heating and a/c unit works, and I sincerely appreciate the respectful interaction that I had with the technician. He thoroughly checked the inside and outdoor units including the condensate drain line and also my dryer vent. He found no indication of condensation on the walls or anywhere inside the unit enclosure, and suggested other reasons that may have caused the condensation to form. There is a gap inside the cabinet where the wall meets the bottom of the cabinet. He talked with me about reasons why condensation might form on that wall, and suggested there might be cold air intrusion around the sink water lines that met up with the warmth of the wall that adjoins the inside unit. I was very stressed when I found the condensation, and he put my mind at ease. I now have a plan in place on what to do if I ever find condensation on this wall again. This has been the only time in my 11 years of living in this home that I have noticed any condensation near the unit. I was comfortable in purchasing a service agreement with them, and I feel confident in highly recommending McKinney Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. to others. I joined Angie's List specifically to locate a reliable and quality heating and air-conditioning service company with excellent customer service. I wish I had joined years ago, and saved myself several less than desirable experiences with other companies. Thank you Angie's List, and thank you McKinney Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.!

Description of Work
Semi-annual inspection of my heating and air conditioning system. Consultation regarding wall condensation inside of a cabinet with an adjoining wall to the indoor unit.

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

Thank you for the very nice endorsement. I will forward your thought to the technician who came to see you. Let us know whether we can be of service in the future. Gary Miller

08/10/2014

David G.

The service was excellent. Every team member was very professional. They even came by a second time to make sure the system was performing correctly not very many contractors would do this. We could not be more pleased with the installation and the great service we received.

Description of Work
Installed a new heat pump system in our home.

Work Completed On 08/07/2014

Thanks for your kind review and for being our customer! Gary Miller

01/18/2014

Frank P.

The problem I had was with the furnace wasn't lighting. They arrived quickly, which was a good thing. The problem was eventually solved but it required four trips, 2 trips were necessary due to parts being ordered but the other two shouldn't have been. Another problem with this vendor is trying to get price estimates from them once the problem is determined and then getting the bill in a timely manner.

Description of Work
I used MC KINNEY HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, INC

Work Completed On 12/15/2013

[removed member name] please contact me at your convenience so that I can understand what happened. Actually, we can't find you in our customer database. Thank-You, Gary Miller

12/22/2013

Shirley S.

Great! New furnace works super! |

Description of Work
I used MC KINNEY HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, INC.

Work Completed On 12/02/2013

Thank-you for your kind review and for your trust in us to take care of this. Let us know should you have any problems or whether we can be of some service in the future. Merry Christmas and Happy new year. Gary

12/06/2013

Mark B.

Great troubleshooting, good installation.

Description of Work
New heat pump.

Work Completed On 10/15/2013

Thank you for your favorable review. Next time we'll try to earn an "A".

11/13/2013

DEBRA P.

This company is excellent. They did a great job for less than half of other estimates. Friendly and professional.

Description of Work
They replaced the a/c ducts in the crawl space of the house.

Work Completed On 11/13/2013

Thank you for your kind review. We're here should you need us in the future.

10/06/2013

Chris M.

Everything went very well. The service tech recognized the source of the noise and showed us that it was unrelated to the HVAC system. Without his help, I'd still be thinking the noise was from the unit.

Description of Work
Analyzed source of noise in HVAC system. Found it was not part of HVAC. No charge.

Work Completed On 09/23/2013

Thanks for your kind review. Glad we could help.

07/30/2013

Wayne J.

I wasn't sure who to call to replace my old Lennox A/C system which was leaking freon, so I joined Angie's List to see who was recommended in my area. I found very favorable reviews for McKinney Heating and Air (Hiawassee, GA), so I went to their website and sent a request for consultation online. To my amazement, I got a telephone response within 2 minutes from Gary Miller, the owner. He scheduled a consulation the next day. He arrived the next day on time, and he took care to look over the entire system and duct work before providing a quote. He was very thorough and knowledgable. His quote seemed reasonable to me after researching online the typical installation costs for a new system. I signed on the dotted line and scheduled the new system installation (which happened 2 days after the consultation). I was impressed with the care the installation tecnicians took in putting a canvas drop cloth over all carpeting where they would be walking while doing their work. The installation was done in about 6 hours and they cleaned up the work area very well. They also hauled off the old equipment. The system works great by the way. I would highly recommend McKinney to anyone. They do quality work at a fair and reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replaced central A/C system with a new heat pump, modified return air duct at furnace to provide improved air flow, replaced burners on furnace, installed new digital thermostat.

Work Completed On 07/26/2013

Thank you (member name removed) for your kind review. It has been our pleasure to be of service and we greatly value your business. Gary

06/21/2013

James D.

Tech came out and i showed him where leak was. He took a look and removed line from pump to see what was happening with condensation water from air handler. He immediately said i know what it is. Whoever you had out earlier should have put a trap in this line and they didnt and he showed me why he was saying that. What he was showing me and saying made sense to me. He then said i can fix this in a few minutes. He went to his vehicle and got a trap and a piece of pipe and promptly installed it. He then waited for a few minutes to see if condensation water was draining into pump. After a few minutes this pump kicked on automatically to pump the condensation out.. This tech was very knowledgeable about what he was doing and i certainly would recommend him to anyone. This gentleman said if that didnt fix it give him a call and he would be right back. Great technician and company.. Thanks

Description of Work
I had a leak around my air handler. i had had someone out to fix it earlier in the day and it wasnt fixed. I call McKinney and they said they would send a tech. out as soon as one was free but it would be today which is 6/21/2013.

Work Completed On 06/21/2013

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing it on Angie's List. Gary Miller McKinney Heating & Air

12/29/2012

tatiana M.

We called and they came the same day .motor replaced.

Description of Work
They replaced the motor in our Heat pump. : It was making a noise and we were advised that we could wait untill it stopped or replace it now, we chose to have the motor replaced. .a motor had to be ordered , that took a few days, we are glad we had the work performed.