Pete Alewine Pool Company Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2011

4.3

Family owned & operated. Additional fax - (706) 863-1414. Additional emails - newpools@petealewinepools.com, sales@petealewinepools.com servicerepair@petealewinepools.com & waterchemistry@petealewinepools.com. Cost is determined by job....

Champion Fencing, LLC

JDG Services LLC

Small construction company specializing in Fencing, Decks,Patios, and post frame construction. With the over 10 years experience we can take care of all of your commercial and residential needs

Into the Blue Pool and Spa

Here at Into The Blue Pool and Spa, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 15 years of experience we are experts in the pool maintenance and pool construction trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We always work alongside each client to ensure the highest quality results and full customer satisfaction. We look forward to earning your business. Contact us any time with questions you may have.

09/10/2020

Matt R.

Didn’t want my business. Argumentative and arrogant company. Look at the reply to this review on google. “Quality with an attitude” would be a fair description, but for the money that the products cost there’s no call for the attitude, arrogance, or condescension. No one wearing masks in the store during COVID. Empty hand sanitizer stations. I could go on. My wife and I were ready to build and have colleagues with quality pools from Pete. The experience in the showroom was dismissive and I did not feel welcome. Perhaps business is so good they didn’t want our money (we have been saving and expecting to pay cash for a $100,000 project with hot tub spillover into pool with infinity wall). I was told the earliest someone could meet with us at our home for a consultation was March 2021, meaning no construction until April or later. I repeated back and verified with the sales agent multiple times. I realize demand is higher from COVID and quality takes time but if no one cares to meet with me for six months you lost my business. Hefner is meeting with us next week, by the way and I felt more respected as a customer. They’re too busy to care about new customers. No way you would get proper attention or assistance if they can’t handle a consultation. If this is the way they treat you when they are trying to earn your trust and money, imagine how you’ll be treated once they have it. I know fellow physicians with decent pools from Pete but they get 0 stars for customer service and the attitude that they deserve your business and gratitude. Too busy for new customers. Arrogance with no apology in response. Thank for saving me from a bad investment decision. Look elsewhere if you want respect and professionalism. Their past quality has gone to their heads.

Description of Work
Consultation for new pool

Category fencing,swimming pools

06/15/2020

Bobbie R.

Paid technician $125.00, he inspected my hot tub and took pictures of the probably causes of my problems. He left and said that he would get back with me which he never did. I called his office and left a message, no one returned my call

Description of Work
Breaker trips

Category fencing

01/06/2019

Elizabeth H.

Used your site and as if yet have not been contacted by these people. Will contact them myself. Either something is wrong with your site, theirs or your connection to them. Had to give poor scores, to actually fill out survey, but have not yet dealt with company

Description of Work
Pool maintenance

Category fencing,pool cleaners

07/21/2016

Wendy E.

Excellent. Our pool is beautiful. Everything they said they would do they did on schedule. We were contacted each morning and told what was going to be done that day. Their pricing was fair based on quotes from other companies. I highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
New Pool Construction

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

06/02/2015

Tommy D.

Pete the business owner was scheduled to come by at 5pm to give estimate on new pool install. His secretary called the day before our scheduled meeting to confirm. I picked my son up from camp, 5 miles from my home, and due to traffic was 15 minutes late for our meeting. Pete never called me or my wife to let us know he had arrived. I called the office number and spoke with the secretary and she told me that Pete stopped by at 5, knocked on the door and then left without calling to let us know or inquire if we were on the way. I'm very disappointed with the lack of common sense by the owner of this company. Most people would have had the common courtesy to either wait a few minutes or CALL the potential customer. I guess the owner is too busy or too important to wait on a potential customer.

Description of Work
pool installation estimate

Category pool cleaners

This story continues to change. Please see the following link and look at the reviews for the full story: [hyperlink removed]

05/10/2015

Charles W.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY! Horrible service. after spending $6000.00 the pool liner is coming apart at the edge of the top of the pool. Pete promised a lot of customer service in the beginning, once he was paid those promises were not met. Pete will not return calls or emails. There were some issues from the beginning, however Pete assured me the liner would look and perform great. Well that was not true. As soon as he got my money all service ended. $6000.00 is a lot of money and our liner is coming undone from the top and huge folds or seams at the bottom. I even paid extra for the better liner. I just want what I paid for. I did not pay for Shoddy service and Crap Quality! BEWARE!

Description of Work
replaced liner in pool and pool pump.

Category pool cleaners

The first time we heard from Mr. [Member name removed] was through the BBB. He said that he had been calling and emailing. Not one person remembers talking with him and we scoured our emails and did not receive one thing from him concerning his liner. The fact that he is referencing speaking to Pete confirms that his experience isn't accurate. Pete does not meet with customers about liner replacement, nor does he field calls about them. That is performed through our service department. We are not sure what company Mr. [Member name removed] was contacting but we do not believe it was ours. We have now performed the work for Mr. [Member name removed] but want to make sure our story is heard on this site.

08/09/2014

Rhonda W.

Email contact was prompt and polite. We set up a meeting for estimate to convert our pool to salt the week we moved into the house. Person who did estimate was on time, and professional. Work began on time, and was finished quickly. Install was smooth. I really thought about giving them a B rating because the instructions given to us following the install were very vague and left out some key facts. We have never owned a pool before, and told that to the install team multiple times. We ended up with algae problem and have not had a clear pool since install...now over a month ago. We are now working to get rid of the algae, and HOPE to have a crystal clear pool soon. On the plus side, the people have all been very nice, and the retail folks are helpful. We didn't know what questions to ask, though, as new pool owners...so I just wish someone could have provided us with a checklist or something. We may not have ended up with all this algae trouble with more support.

Description of Work
Salt water conversion of an existing pool. 25,000 gallon size.

05/08/2014

Janeen M.

They have been absolutely wonderful. We bought a hot tub from them about ten years ago and we are upgrading to a pool as well so they are going to move our hot tub and then give us a pool. We went to them and discussed the finances and what would take place to actually place the swimming pool in our new house. There was no cost for that since it was just a consultation but we will be using them when we do the actual work. They stand behind their work and their pricing is about average with everybody else'.

Description of Work
We went out and spoke to Pete Alewine Pool Company Inc. probably in October or November about what would take place for the placement of a pool in our house.

Category swimming pools

04/23/2014

Jo A.

Very nice people. Did all the work in two days. The pool looks fantastic. And then they give great support afterward by helping us keep the chemicals balanced. It's a 40 minute drive for us (we live in North Augusta), but it's worth it to do business with people you can trust!

Description of Work
Replaced the pool liner and pump.

03/17/2014

Ronald P.

As of today all is well and I would have Pete Alewine Pools do all work to my pool and equipment work. The ice storm broke my pool equipment and Pete came to give me and estimate of about $7,000 for repairs. They have been nothing but the best to us in building and repairs of my pool. Thank you Pete for going above on my pool. You did things that I did not know I wanted or needed. 5 Stars to Pete Alewine Pools and Spa.

Description of Work
Ice storm repairs to replace the pumps, filter, Heater and Saltcell.

Category pool cleaners

Basic pool cleaning, vinyl liner replacement, pool equipment repairs, upgrades & pool renovations.

Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-6:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM-5:00 PM