Pete Alewine Pool Company Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2011

4.3

4470 Washington Rd

Evans, GA 30809

Family owned & operated. Additional fax - (706) 863-1414. Additional emails - newpools@petealewinepools.com, sales@petealewinepools.com servicerepair@petealewinepools.com & waterchemistry@petealewinepools.com. Cost is determined by job.

01/06/2023

Terry R.

We are extremely happy and satisfied with the work from every person who had a part in bringing our long-neglected pool back to its current beautiful state. From needing the bottom redone (landscaped) to installing a new liner to a new diving board, filter, pump/motor, and changing to a salt-water system - it has been an outstanding job done by all. The employees at the Evans store and all the workers and technicians who came to our home were always helpful and courteous. We recommend Pete Alewine Pool Company to anyone who wants only the very best workmanship and customer service and support.

Description of Work
Complete repair of an inground pool (20X40) which had been neglected for more than 12 years. New shaping of bottom, liner, filter, pump, etc.

04/16/2022

Celeste S.

I’m so disappointed in this company’s customer service . My family has done business with them for over 20 years. They completely ripped me off installing a new pool liner and not taking the proper steps or providing the proper information to make the pool liner last. I was having issues with the liner peeling off the side weeks after the install. I had to pay a service fee for them to come fix. I take my cover off for the year I’ve got the same exact spot peeling off this year. I have to pay another service fee for them to fix a reoccurring issue . Now they tell me well you should have replaced the track before you did the liner but I was never told that one time when they looked at my pool to install the new pool liner. Pool liners last ten years mine hasn’t lasted a year. They did the same with my pool light. They charged me a service fee “fixed “ the issues the light broke the next day and they wanted to charge me another service fee for the same issue they don’t fix. Terrible customer service and solutions to issues . I will never use Pete Alewine pools for ANYTHING in the future. And unless you want to get ripped off as well I suggest finding a more reliable pool company that will stand behind their work !

Description of Work
Pool liner replacement

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

09/10/2020

Matt R.

Didn’t want my business. Argumentative and arrogant company. Look at the reply to this review on google. “Quality with an attitude” would be a fair description, but for the money that the products cost there’s no call for the attitude, arrogance, or condescension. No one wearing masks in the store during COVID. Empty hand sanitizer stations. I could go on. My wife and I were ready to build and have colleagues with quality pools from Pete. The experience in the showroom was dismissive and I did not feel welcome. Perhaps business is so good they didn’t want our money (we have been saving and expecting to pay cash for a $100,000 project with hot tub spillover into pool with infinity wall). I was told the earliest someone could meet with us at our home for a consultation was March 2021, meaning no construction until April or later. I repeated back and verified with the sales agent multiple times. I realize demand is higher from COVID and quality takes time but if no one cares to meet with me for six months you lost my business. Hefner is meeting with us next week, by the way and I felt more respected as a customer. They’re too busy to care about new customers. No way you would get proper attention or assistance if they can’t handle a consultation. If this is the way they treat you when they are trying to earn your trust and money, imagine how you’ll be treated once they have it. I know fellow physicians with decent pools from Pete but they get 0 stars for customer service and the attitude that they deserve your business and gratitude. Too busy for new customers. Arrogance with no apology in response. Thank for saving me from a bad investment decision. Look elsewhere if you want respect and professionalism. Their past quality has gone to their heads.

Description of Work
Consultation for new pool

Category fencing, swimming pools

06/15/2020

Bobbie R.

Paid technician $125.00, he inspected my hot tub and took pictures of the probably causes of my problems. He left and said that he would get back with me which he never did. I called his office and left a message, no one returned my call

Description of Work
Breaker trips

Category fencing

01/06/2019

Elizabeth H.

Used your site and as if yet have not been contacted by these people. Will contact them myself. Either something is wrong with your site, theirs or your connection to them. Had to give poor scores, to actually fill out survey, but have not yet dealt with company

Description of Work
Pool maintenance

Category fencing, pool cleaners

07/21/2016

Wendy E.

Excellent. Our pool is beautiful. Everything they said they would do they did on schedule. We were contacted each morning and told what was going to be done that day. Their pricing was fair based on quotes from other companies. I highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
New Pool Construction

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

06/02/2015

Tommy D.

Pete the business owner was scheduled to come by at 5pm to give estimate on new pool install. His secretary called the day before our scheduled meeting to confirm. I picked my son up from camp, 5 miles from my home, and due to traffic was 15 minutes late for our meeting. Pete never called me or my wife to let us know he had arrived. I called the office number and spoke with the secretary and she told me that Pete stopped by at 5, knocked on the door and then left without calling to let us know or inquire if we were on the way. I'm very disappointed with the lack of common sense by the owner of this company. Most people would have had the common courtesy to either wait a few minutes or CALL the potential customer. I guess the owner is too busy or too important to wait on a potential customer.

Description of Work
pool installation estimate

Category pool cleaners

This story continues to change. Please see the following link and look at the reviews for the full story: [hyperlink removed]

05/10/2015

Charles W.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY! Horrible service. after spending $6000.00 the pool liner is coming apart at the edge of the top of the pool. Pete promised a lot of customer service in the beginning, once he was paid those promises were not met. Pete will not return calls or emails. There were some issues from the beginning, however Pete assured me the liner would look and perform great. Well that was not true. As soon as he got my money all service ended. $6000.00 is a lot of money and our liner is coming undone from the top and huge folds or seams at the bottom. I even paid extra for the better liner. I just want what I paid for. I did not pay for Shoddy service and Crap Quality! BEWARE!

Description of Work
replaced liner in pool and pool pump.

Category pool cleaners

The first time we heard from Mr. [Member name removed] was through the BBB. He said that he had been calling and emailing. Not one person remembers talking with him and we scoured our emails and did not receive one thing from him concerning his liner. The fact that he is referencing speaking to Pete confirms that his experience isn't accurate. Pete does not meet with customers about liner replacement, nor does he field calls about them. That is performed through our service department. We are not sure what company Mr. [Member name removed] was contacting but we do not believe it was ours. We have now performed the work for Mr. [Member name removed] but want to make sure our story is heard on this site.

08/09/2014

Rhonda W.

Email contact was prompt and polite. We set up a meeting for estimate to convert our pool to salt the week we moved into the house. Person who did estimate was on time, and professional. Work began on time, and was finished quickly. Install was smooth. I really thought about giving them a B rating because the instructions given to us following the install were very vague and left out some key facts. We have never owned a pool before, and told that to the install team multiple times. We ended up with algae problem and have not had a clear pool since install...now over a month ago. We are now working to get rid of the algae, and HOPE to have a crystal clear pool soon. On the plus side, the people have all been very nice, and the retail folks are helpful. We didn't know what questions to ask, though, as new pool owners...so I just wish someone could have provided us with a checklist or something. We may not have ended up with all this algae trouble with more support.

Description of Work
Salt water conversion of an existing pool. 25,000 gallon size.

05/08/2014

Janeen M.

They have been absolutely wonderful. We bought a hot tub from them about ten years ago and we are upgrading to a pool as well so they are going to move our hot tub and then give us a pool. We went to them and discussed the finances and what would take place to actually place the swimming pool in our new house. There was no cost for that since it was just a consultation but we will be using them when we do the actual work. They stand behind their work and their pricing is about average with everybody else'.

Description of Work
We went out and spoke to Pete Alewine Pool Company Inc. probably in October or November about what would take place for the placement of a pool in our house.

04/23/2014

Jo A.

Very nice people. Did all the work in two days. The pool looks fantastic. And then they give great support afterward by helping us keep the chemicals balanced. It's a 40 minute drive for us (we live in North Augusta), but it's worth it to do business with people you can trust!

Description of Work
Replaced the pool liner and pump.

03/17/2014

Ronald P.

As of today all is well and I would have Pete Alewine Pools do all work to my pool and equipment work. The ice storm broke my pool equipment and Pete came to give me and estimate of about $7,000 for repairs. They have been nothing but the best to us in building and repairs of my pool. Thank you Pete for going above on my pool. You did things that I did not know I wanted or needed. 5 Stars to Pete Alewine Pools and Spa.

Description of Work
Ice storm repairs to replace the pumps, filter, Heater and Saltcell.

11/27/2013

Charles O.

My pump motor quit and since it was such an old unit I decided to replace both the motor and pump with a newer unit. It was the busy season with everyone opening their pools but, they had my pool back up and running within a week.

Description of Work

Category fencing, pool cleaners, swimming pools

11/08/2013

Jeff W.

We have had John from Pete Alewine Pool Company fix our Spa on multiple occasions. He is always professional, knowledgeable and calls when he is on his way for the appointment. Our Sundance Spa has a five year warranty that Pete Alewine has been very good about standing behind. Each problem has been quickly fixed and at no charge to us. We will use the services of Pete Alewine Pool Company in the future.

Description of Work
Fix various spa problems (replace pumps, sensors, etc)

10/16/2013

David B.

Everything went fine, with the exception of the fence subcontractor. We didn't get any information or submittals about the fence they would supply around the pool. One end was completed when I got home and it looked like Fort Apache. Working with Alewine we were able to partially resolve the issue. We are not completely happy with the fence, but it will do.

Description of Work
Removed existing above ground pool and installed an inground gunite pool.

Category fencing, swimming pools

07/20/2013

Pamela H.

Our experience with Pete has been excellent. He's wonderful.

Description of Work
Installed new pool liner.

12/20/2012

PHILLIP D.

I called this company who had installed the pool for another home owner and I wanted someone to come and explain how to operate and maintain this pool. The guy that came spent 15 minutes with me and was suppose to leave the book with directions which he said he would bring later (never did) and stuck his hand out for his 85 bucks. Spend time and find any other pool company is my recommendation. I am still angry over the way this dealing went down

Description of Work
.Pool School

08/02/2012

Erwin G.

I just like the service and everything that I get from them. They give me really good service when I go in there and give what they want and back out again within 30 minutes. Other places I have been to, have been a lot of more expensive.

Description of Work
I used Pete Alewine Pool Company Inc for pool and spa repair services. I use them for chemical supplies. They keep the water clear.

07/30/2012

Robin M.

I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
We bought a pool from Pete Alewine Pool Company.

07/03/2012

Janeen M.

We went to the store and decided which tub we wanted. No one pressured us to " upgrade" or tried to give us something that was not what we were looking for. When the pump went out the month prior to the warrenty expiring they came out, checked out the whole system and then told me what was wrong and verified it was still under warranty before replacing the pump. I was so pleased that they showed up on time and finished the work. I will use them again when I need additional work!

Description of Work
Pete Alewine and company put in a hot tub and pad for me. They were prompt, explained everything that needed doing and why, as well as going into details if there was any confusion.

06/08/2012

Susan J.

At least three different occasions, we have had an appointment with Alewine and they no called/no showed. The service manager was rude when we would follow up. We have been waiting on an estimate to fix the leak for four months. Alewine is supposed to be the best and looked like the only game in town, so we have put up with the horrible service. We have a new problem with a cell that needs to be replaced, so we bypassed the service manager and made an appointment through the general manager (whose last name is Alewine). Once again, yesterday Alewine no called/no showed. We have wasted enough time and effort trying to work with them.

Description of Work
Maintenance to salt water pool system; clean clogged pipes. Look at suspected leak.

02/21/2012

Marilyn H.

Pete Alewine installed our pool and hired Scott Davis to put up the fence around the backyard.

Category fencing, pool cleaners

01/18/2012

Jamie M.

They were very prompt, and cleaned up well after themselves. We haven't had any problems. Everything went well. He delivered everything the contract stated.

Description of Work
He installed a new pool and pump system for us.

01/13/2012

JAN S.

They are higher priced than others. They are actually here in town so if you have a problem you could see someone or send someone out rather than who shifts a hot tub. I have had questions and they've been right on top of it.

Description of Work
We used Pete Alewine Pool Co Inc a couple of months ago for our hot tub.

06/13/2011

Jamie M.

They have been great so far. They keep you apprised ofeverything, they are on schedule and there are not extra costs. They showed up promptly and when they said they would and they give us a call nearly every day to let us know how it's coming along. So far everything's been excellent and I don't expect anything to change. They are about 7 days in and have about 7 more to go.

Description of Work
Pete Alewine Pool Co Inc is in the middle of putting in a pool for us.