Atlaro International & Co

Founded 2004 • With Angi since March 2013

4000 Dunwoody Park Ste 5304

Dunwoody, GA 30338

We are a family owned and operated business and take tremendous pride in our work no matter the size of the project. Atlaro International & Co. was developed to specifically focus on the needs of frustrated clients who are tired of dealing with schedule delays and cost over-runs. Atlaro International & Co has the proven ability to manage your renovation smoothly and professionally. We are experienced in repairing water damaged plaster and damaged stucco ,waterproofing, exterior drainage system, interior drainage system, crawl space encapsulation, foundation repair also we offer a full range of services: Home improvements, Additions, Repairs, Custom Designs, Insurance Claims, Plastering, Stucco, Exterior Insulation Finish System (E.I.F.S.), Ornamental Plaster, Pressure Washing and Painting. Altero International & Co. is proud of our reputation for good honest work. We have been referred frequently and have repeat customers due to our cleanliness....

01/19/2016

Jaru R.

It went well. The service provider was professional and conscientious of tracking dirt on the stoop and walkway.

Description of Work
Performed a detailed analysis of foundation, crawlspace, and water flow. Took pictures and completed a written report, making numerous recommendations.

09/15/2015

Tamika G.

They performed the services; he re-did our chimney, re-stucco it as well as dug out around our foundation; water-proofed it; added a drain and re-stucco that also. I thought this corrected the issue because it seemed like the water leak stopped. When the leak returned around 3-4 mos later we called Allen and he came back and stated that it may be coming from our roof. I removed the satelites we had attached to the house and had a roofing specialist seal everything and ensure our roof wasn't an issue. The roofers stated the leak was not coming from the roof. I had a landscaper state that the drain they installed was not down far enough. Allen came out again and placed the drain further down....this still did not fix the issue. Allen states that it must be coming from the foundation itself. I had a specialist come and determine that I really have 2 leaks and the major lead (the one closest to my foundation) was coming from the drains itself...when the drains were installed, it was installed in a manner that the water has nowhere to go, but back in the drain towards the house...because the drains itself really has no outlet. We had a guy come out performing a termite inspection...he had a water detector and he stated that the water from the second leak is not even coming from our fireplace...it's coming from our window...a simple measurement would have determined this. I feel so horrible because we spent over $7,000 dollars on work that wasn't needed and work that made our problems worse. I'm out so much money and literally back to square one...very dissatisfied and trying to figure out our next steps since the problem is getting worse.

Description of Work
I feel like the company is professional and Allen is very courteous....but the services I received did not fix the problems at all, in fact they are worse. I had a leak in my basement and the services that were suggested was to redo our chimney and re-stucco our foundation and add a drain.

Category handyman service, lighting, roofing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, chimney repair, stucco

08/26/2015

Todd B.

The folks at Atlaro were punctual, they did the work with a high degree of professionalism and left the work area clean and free of clutter. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Atlaro re-stuccoed my chimney and the west side of my home.

Thanks!!!

05/16/2015

Leslie C.

Took over twice as long as estimated, though still did not complete, and several sections had to be redone after they left. It took 2 guys at $100/hr to almost install the "speedboard" baseboards in 2-car garage size room. It's been over a year and it still makes me mad when I think about it. On the plus side, I, a 50+ year old woman with no woodworking experience, taught myself how to install baseboards and found it's really easy and I'm good at it. So, I've replaced the next couple of rooms myself for the cost of materials. (about $100/room) I'd never hire these guys again. While they were nice enough, even through lots of complaining about not making any money on my job, I'd never hire them again for anything. I feel ripped off by them.

Description of Work
Hired to install baseboards in a bonus room the size of a 2 car garage, I supplied the materials

Category handyman service, woodworking

First of all I want to thank the customer for the review. After I read the review, I found some inaccurate information in this review. The customer purchased a coupon in the amount of $ 249 for handyman work for six hour labor. We scheduled the job, we arrived in time (two workers), and the customer request was to finish the trims and baseboards on the second level. I told the customer we won’t be able to finish in three hours (two workers.) Before we start to work, I told the costumer that this job takes two days to complete this project because every room was not very straight. After three hours if she wants us to stay more the cost will be $100 per hour. All the discussions were before we started work. She agreed to stay three hours more and stop after that. We finished half the project and the quality was good. The reason the costumer is not satisfied in my opinion is because she pay too much. Usually this type of coupon is for small handyman repairs and I think she expected more.

02/18/2015

ovidiu M.

They were great. Very responsible. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Stucco Work

Category stucco

12/30/2014

Dee C.

Atlaro rep telephoned soon after my Angie's List Big Deal. I was provided very useful information, particularly we discussed what I should expect when the rep arrives at my home. An appointment was scheduled and the Atlaro rep arrived promptly at the agreed upon time. The Atlaro rep did a visual inspection around the exterior of my home. My home is on a slab, does not have a basement or crawl space, so there was no leakage or any concerns with my foundation. However, the consultation was still beneficial for me. The Atlaro rep provided a couple of recommendations to make sure that rainwater continues to fIow away from my home's foundation. Additionally, I had a list of my own questions about home foundations. The Atlaro rep graciously answered all my questions and calmed my concerns.

Description of Work
Atlaro provided consultation services inspecting the foundation of my home.

Category handyman service, foundation repair

Thank you!!!!!

12/30/2014

Dorothy G.

He performed a very cursory inspection & gave basically a quote to have encapsulation done. I had sent a request to Angie's list to refund my money prior to having the service dine & he convinced me to do it. I will be very reluctant to use Angie's list again & definitely won't use hthis vendor again.

Description of Work
Inspected basement for moisture & provide letter indicating areas with moisture & if mold was present.

Category handyman service

The customer has bought a coupon in the amount of $ 99 for basement or crawlspace inspection. We called the customer to establish the date and time for inspection . After I talked with the client , her decision was that she wants to receive money back, the reason being that she bought the coupon but not understood well. After two months the client has not requested to receive money back and we called again .She decided to make the inspection and we have set the date and time. The technician has reached the time and date set, but the client was not home but instead was a neighbor who opened the door to the crawlspace. The inspection was done and the conclusion was that the crawlspace needs a general cleaning and to be encapsulate.The crawlspace was dry and there were no signs of water intrusion . The bottom line is that crawlspace needs a general cleaning and if the customer wishes to use as deposit she must encapsulate .

11/07/2014

Thomas W.

It went OK, the owner came and inspected mold in the basement, and told me how to get rid of it. He also gave me an estimate of the work that need to be done to completely stop the mold. It was quite an elaborate job and far to expensive for me to consider at this time.

Description of Work
Inspect basement for Mold and how to treat

10/30/2014

Gerald H.

Very good information on using a dehumidifier. Also use of a portable AC unit worked perfectly.

Description of Work
advise on how to get rid of mold in basement.

10/28/2014

Bonita D.

While the work completed was fine, but getting it completed was too much of a hassel. The title of the Big Deal is mis-leading because he didn't honor what the deal said he would do which was to restucco my whole house. He said it didn't need it so he went ahead and just made the repairs that he said were necessary. And there was adjustment to the price, which he said was only $1,000 worth. The work he did complete was very good and I have no complaints about that, but I expected that by purchasing a Big Deal through Angie's List that the individual I would be working with would be much more professional. He seemed to disregard many of the things I requested from him. For example, I had him repaint my front door red and when he first did it, it was covered in brush strokes. When I asked him to redo it he argued with me that it would just look that way since the door was old, but I asked him again to repaint it and he finally sanded it down and painted it with a roller so it looked professional. On the last day of working on my home he did apologize for his behavior. This is the first time I've used a Big Deal and due to the expereince I won't again in the future.

Description of Work
Stucco repair.

Category stucco

First of all we want to thank the customer for the opportunity to work on his propriety and also for the review. The customer purchased a deal thru Angies'List website for 1000 SQFT Re stucco. We scheduled an appointment to discuss all the project process: materials, colors, and time for job completion. After the stucco was inspected the conclusion was that the stucco house needed just some repairs and paint. We agree to repair the stucco and paint all house in the total of( 3392 SQFT) ,walls, cornice,gutters,downspouts chimney ,chimney cap and mailbox for the same amount she already paid thru Angie’s List website. Everything was fine until the job was almost done and the customer requested extra work (clean all the gutters) for free, in exchange of a good review. In our opinion that is the reason the customer was not satisfied one hundred percent. Finally we agree to clean all the gutters for free. About the door we did everything was in our power to make the old door look nice. We prepare the door and painted with 4-5 coats (red paint). The next day we sanded one more time and we painted again. The company goal It’s that all of our customers to be satisfied. In this case in our opinion the job went well and the quality of the project was reached. The project was completed in six days.

10/27/2014

Charmaine A.

Altaro provided an overall pleasant experience from start to finish. We were able to see and review the job progress daily via the company website and in-person. Also, the invoice / payment process was quite seemless. We recommend considering Altaro to perform great service during your next project.

Description of Work
Altaro performed a stucco repair job on the front of our home.

10/22/2014

Paul B.

Great service from start to finish! Alin first came to see the chimney and then showed me examples of comparable work that he had done. He was very clear about what needed to be done and talked me through the process and estimated timetable of work. Throughout the job, he and his team showed up on time as discussed and communicated updates and the next steps on the project. I asked for insurance certificates and his insurance company contact me right away with the documentation. He made great recommendations about materials and color (which matches original stucco almost perfectly). He was also extremely conscious about my neighbors, keeping them informed about when scaffolding was going up and coming down. Since the project was finished, I've had some other contractors at the house doing unrelated work. They've also remarked about how great the repairs and chimney look now. I've already thought about some additional projects I'd like Atlaro to work on.

Description of Work
Repaired stucco casing on chimney and refinished.

Category chimney repair, stucco

10/16/2014

James W.

We were trying to sell a house, so I purchased a Big Deal. However, there were some scheduling issues because we were on a time line.

Description of Work
I purchased an exterior painting Big Deal from this provider.

Category house painters

10/03/2014

JoAnn B.

Alin and his crew did a fantastic job, were pleasant and punctual the entire time. Took them approximately a week to complete both crawl spaces, which is what he estimated initially. We appreciated that he would arrive at 8am and leave around 5pm each night, so the work did not disrupt our normal routines. They even cleaned the plastic bins that all of our Christmas decorations were stored in and put them all back into the crawl space when they were finished. We had been having a really musty smell in the garage where the one crawl space is accessed; and going down into the crawl space where one of our furnaces is installed was always a horrible experience. The crawl space had spider webs everyplace and dirt on the floor and smelled awful...not anymore - it will now be a lot more pleasant when we have to go into the crawl space to change the furnace filter and get the Christmas decorations out - not to mention going down there when we have a tornado alert! The second crawl space is smaller but they did the same work in the second crawl space. Could not have been happier with the whole experience with Atlaro and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We have two separate crawl spaces and he did the following in each: Foundation coating, precast concrete piers, installed floor jacks, crawl space encapsulation (vapor barrier - polyethylene).

09/05/2014

Patricia D.

He kept stressing the possibility of going over the 6 hour limit deal and at that point it would be $100 an hour over.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for 6 hours of carpentry work; I wanted them to repair a fence.

Category woodworking

After the customer purchase the coupon, the next day we send a notification thru Angie’s List with all available dates to perform the work. We did not receive any answer back from the customer (email, phone or Angie’s List message center). After two weeks we contact the customer again, and after the description of the work by phone (building of two gates for a fence), I explained that the work will take more than six hours and the extra time will cost $ 100 per hour. All information is included in the coupon description. Also she requested the materials to be delivered which is not included in the coupon. She said that she will call back in few days, but she never called back. We tried to call the customer back few times but she never answered. No work was performed.

08/29/2014

Michael P.

Did a fantastic job. You cannot tell that a dog door used to be there. Fantastic work and great price.

Description of Work
Re-stucco'd outside wall after dog door had been filled in.

Thank you !!!

08/14/2014

Joseph C.

Alin contacted me within 24 hours. He arrived at the agreed-upon time, and provided a quote. The work was done timely and professionally. Also standing out was the friendliness and professionalism of those working for him. For the work performed, the price was good; the quality appears to be superb. After cleaning up and removing the scaffold, he even installed a bit of pine straw. I was/am impressed enough that I requested a quote for more exterior work. I would hire Atlaro/Alin again and recommend Alin, his work and workers.

Description of Work
Alin repaired several areas on the front of our two-story home (dryvit) damaged by water, including painting the repaired areas.

Category handyman service, stucco, house painters

07/16/2014

ANITA C.

He contacted us through Angie's List to set up the appointment and was accommodating. We had the inspection done and we got some information out of it. The report he gave us didn’t really tell us anything specific about our house. Our verbal conversations with him were helpful but the written report was more generalized.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $99 for a Foundation Inspection, Basement Water Leakage, Mold Detection and Crawl Space Evaluation.

Category basement waterproofing

07/10/2014

Roy B.

There were no troubles with scheduling. They arrived punctual on the day that they said they were coming. The technician was very pleasant and spent about an hour. He provided us with the report within three days and he gave us the quote for work we may need. We are very happy.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a foundation inspection, basement water leakage, mold detection and crawl space evaluation.

Thank you !!!

07/01/2014

Michael S.

They worked 6 days per week for a month and a half until job was completed. I have called them after the job was completed and they have responded promptly with answers. During this remodel I was living in MN and through Alin's website I was able to see daily progress with pictures and written updates. I would recommend this company for any complete home remodel.

Description of Work
Complete home remodel - exterior re-stucco, interior/exterior painting, damaged wood replacement, installation of windows and door replacement. Alin was very professional through the process while working with us. They were priced well for the job. I looked and studied 6 companies to do the work. Alin was not the lowest price but he was the most detailed in his written estimate, explaining what was going to be done and he had a fair price in the middle of other contractors.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

06/25/2014

MARY S.

The evaluation went well--haven't decided to pursue the recommendation to improve the situation.

Description of Work
Evaluate moisture in crawl space and provide recommendation to improve the situation.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you !!!!

06/21/2014

Elizabeth M.

It went great, just wish the news I got was better. I feel like he took his time and evaluated everything.

Description of Work
The provider came and inspected the foundation and crawl space of my house. He took picture and stated he would give me a report in 2-3 days from this inspection. He seemed to know what he was talking about. But since he was just out to do the consult, he did not provide any pricing detail for me at this time. I would feel comfortable asking him back to do the estimate on the work that needs to be done.

06/20/2014

Nicole Y.

I would not recommend this company because I believe every relationship ends the way it starts.. He really hurt my feeling and I feel like I was prejudged before I even told him what I was requesting.;(

Description of Work
Alin was VERY rude, when I called requesting service and he stated that 'Angie's list doesn't dictate my schedule" which I have no idea why he volunteered that. I was totally confused on that statement.

Category handyman service

We received a phone call from this client to purchase the $249 coupon for 6 hours carpentry work.I explained how the coupon works, and the client wanted to scheduled the job for the following week.Due to a large volume of work,I proposed the customer to schedule the job in about one month from that date. The client was very pushy, insisting that the work to be performed on the date chosen by her.After that the client claimed that she will call Angie's list , and I mention that I am the only one who can schedule my services.I did not mean to be rude, I just wanted to explain the facts.Estimate or work was not performed.

06/17/2014

Teresa V.

Alin was extremely polite and thorough. He inspected the house foundation and then the older and newer portions of the basement. He then asked me to follow along with him while he pointed out what he had discovered and explained what it all meant in terms of air quality, mildew, mold, etc. He photographed all areas and late provided a written report with photos. He also explained the measures that should be taken to eliminate the problems. It was a bit like a science class refresher! I am very pleased with the job Alin performed and would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking foundation and/or basement answers.

Description of Work
Inspected foundation and basement for cracks and leaks.

06/12/2014

Elizabeth S.

It's fine, just needed to schedule the service sooner than they were available.