Shumate Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 1978 • With Angi since December 2002

Shumate Air Conditioning & Heating is a full service contractor supplying quality heating and air conditioning installation and repair services to a multitude of residential and commercial clients. We serve the greater Atlanta, GA, region including Alpharetta, Roswell, Marietta, Cumming, Suwanee,

HVAC Companies (598)electrician (27)air duct cleaning (20)water heaters (17)plumbers (13)insulation (2)

06/25/2022

Gloria L.

Shumate is a good company, however, the product they sell- specifically DAIKIN is an inferior product and has nothing but problems after installation..only had unit for 3 years and every year a problem with a part failing- now the entire unit is not working ...feel as though I have been ripped off...very costly too keep having to pay for parts to be replaced as labor is ridiculous not to mention trip charges...it's almost like I am paying for this unit twice over ...in reading other reviews it appears as though others are experiencing the same issues with this brand...I am inclined to believe it's just a bad product and should not be sold

Description of Work
AC unit replaced

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

03/04/2022

Marion N.

They're good, technicians were fine, fair price

Description of Work
Regular maintenance

Work Completed On 11/30/2021

08/24/2021

James B.

I've been very pleased with this company. I've been using them for 3 years already. They are professional and i will recommend them to others

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace and a new gas line.

Work Completed On 08/24/2021

01/29/2021

Brian B.

The Tech was knowledgeable and polite; did not make a mess - and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Electrical Switches, Outlets & Fixtures - Install or Repair

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

11/29/2020

Marysue J.

They were on time and assessed the problem got into the work that needed to be done and finished it!!! No mess left. Clean up preformed by them and no trace of their having been here after they left! Very professional and I will hire them again!!

Description of Work
Toilet and septic line at toilet

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/20/2020

Harold P.

We have gone through several plumbing companies over the years we have lived in Roswell, GA. We have used Shumate for the past three years for plumbing as well as AC/heating. Really like the service and professionalism of their technicians. So much better service than any of the other companies we have used.

Description of Work
Plumbing: Replace in-sink disposal and toilet in guest bathroom

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

10/01/2020

tom S.

Replaced 2 air conditioning units

Description of Work
Extremely well. Sent four technicians so it only took about 3 1/2 hours. Very respectful of my house. Drop cloths from the front door, up the stars, all the way to the attic. Pleasant to work with from sales through installation.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/21/2020

Don P.

The Shumate representative was very good. Diagnosed and corrected the issue quickly. Courteous, on time and professional. Shumate installed both of my units six years ago, and I find them to be better to deal with than all of the others I've tried over the previous 25 years. All the way around, they treat you like you think you should be treated as a customer. I ONLY call Shumate.

Description of Work
Both A/C units went out due to electrical connection.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

08/14/2020

Kyle B.

Quick, not expensive and it works great.

Description of Work
Needed a new outlet for an electric car charger.

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

08/05/2020

Michele R.

Excellent. I had 2 other HVAC companies in last year to attempt to diagnose the problem. Shumate recommended furnace replacement as an overall cost savings measure, and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Check on furnace/fan for air conditioning; Replace furnace

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

06/10/2020

John .

I would give 10 stars if I could! * * * * * * * * * * Shumate Plumbing Division sent out Rick Sosebee and his helper and they were both AMAZING! Very professional and friendly too. They installed a sewage extraction pump in our basement sump pit and tested everything to ensure it all worked perfectly before leaving. They cleaned everything up and did a very professional job! The wore masks for us which I know was miserable for them because of how hot it was but they never complained. I would recommend Shumate to everyone I know because they do quality work at a very affordable price!

Description of Work
Sewage Extractor Pump installed

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

04/16/2020

Michael W.

They did a great job and they are very professional.

Description of Work
They put in an electrical outlet.

Work Completed On 03/03/2019

04/04/2020

Robert M.

Perfect! Fast response to request for service. Arrived exactly at agreed upon time. Completed work even more quickly than anticipated. Respectful, friendly service providers. Heard their commercial on NPR after learning about them on Angie's list, and solidified our decision to go with Shumate - we're glad we did, and we highly recommend.

Description of Work
replaced air conditioner unit, furnace, water heater, added ductwork for installation of two bathroom exhaust fans, and installed three new HVAC returns

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

02/14/2020

STUART H.

They were high but they were worth it cause they came in after hours.

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

10/06/2019

Gail R.

Great! Someone came out promptly to assess what needed to be done. The work to be done was scheduled promptly. The guys who came to do the work were prompt, efficient, and did a good job!

Description of Work
Needed a bathroom vent fan vented to outside.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

09/25/2019

Abraham M.

They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed air conditioners for my home and rental property.

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/13/2019

Theresa N.

The worst customer service ever. I have been waiting for a call back from dispatch since last night at 11:57 pm after paying nearly $500 to address an issue with my condenser. Issue was never resolved. I have a 4 year old with asthma that has not been able to breathe in my home since this was allegedly repaired. Countless calls to customer service unanswered. Extremely unprofessional and **** poor service.

Description of Work
AC Repair Condensor

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

03/16/2019

Mary D C.

I should have gotten a second opinion. I believe I was taken advantage of due to my age/ senior citizen. The cost was very high for the work done. And according to my grown son, I was charged too much to have 2 smoke detectors and carbon/smoke detector installed. I never received paperwork/ warranties for those detectors nor did I receive proof of coverage for Electrical Safety Plan/ 1 year which I was charged $119.00.

Description of Work
Was told I needed 150 amp service upgrade. Customer electrical is in bad shape needs replaced ASAP.

Cost $7,259.61

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

12/21/2018

JC Q.

Serviceman showed up and was very professional and courtious. However no one called, followed up, or provided an estimate after he left.

Description of Work
Plumbing estimate

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

12/03/2018

John H.

Very well, good service prompt and courteous

Description of Work
Winter annual service call for 2 furnaces

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

11/07/2018

Margie W.

Impressive. Competent workmen, pleasant, efficient. Everything working perfectly now! Would hire again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Install ceiling fans, electrify ring doorbell! Replace bathroom fan, Replace 4 light fixtures

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

10/23/2018

Brandon P.

Fast, easy, knew what he was talking about ..

Description of Work
Fixed wall switch / recessed lighting

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

10/20/2018

Charles B.

good ! Well done. No surprises!! Helped with window AC -N/Charge

Description of Work
replace 4 light fixtures and 2 outlets