Sharian Inc

Founded 1931 • With Angi since June 2003

368 W Ponce De Leon Ave

Decatur, GA 30030

Sharian Inc. has been cleaning oriental and specialty rugs for the southeast for over 80 years. We specialize in the maintenance and care for your fine rugs and your general area rugs. We are a small family owned and operated business of about 25 employees. We do all of the work in our facility. We do not use subcontractors. We offer free pick up and delivery to most areas around Altanta but we do have a minimum cleaning charge to some zip codes. Sharian offers a large selection of antique (100+ years old), semi-antique (50+ years old) and new rugs (less than 50 years old) - all hand-woven of wool or silk - and all individually selected by us for their quality and value. Our showroom in Decatur, Georgia features rugs of all shapes, sizes, patterns and colors. We hand-pick our new rugs from the world's most respected weavers, and procure antiques from an established network of sources around the globe. This careful selection ensures that when you buy a rug from Sharian, you can be confident that you're getting what you pay for...

06/17/2020

BETTY D.

Sharian did an outstanding job. The rug has not been professionally cleaned in more years than I can remember as I could not find a company to clean and protect a wool rug. I saw on the website that Sharian had an expert in Wool rug cleaning so I called the Alpharetta location. They could not have been more helpful! It was not a huge rug so I dropped it off. The entire transaction occurred with very stringent Covid-19 precautions on the part of the staff. They assessed the rug and quickly called me back to tell me what was recommended . The entire process was completed within two weeks! I unrolled the rug today and can honestly say that it looks the best that it had looked since it was purchased ~ 20 years ago! I would recommend Sharian without hesitation and I plan to take in several silk rugs to them in the future for their care. Prices were very reasonable for the work that was done.

Description of Work
Wool rug cleaned

Category carpet cleaners, antiques, oriental rug cleaning

04/06/2018

Jennifer L.

They did an excellent job cleaning my wool and silk rug, from a home with 2 dogs. Looks like new, zero odor. Completed in the amount of time promised.

Description of Work
Rug cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, oriental rug cleaning

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for leaving us a review! We sincerely appreciate your time to do this and we look forward to serving you again! Jim Garner General Manager Sharian, Inc. 4043732274

06/18/2017

Joan M.

Picked up and delivered with no extra cost. Also cut a pad to the correct size and delivered it with the clean rugs.

Description of Work
Clean rugs

02/20/2017

Jimmy S.

They picked up and cleaned a gorgeous Turkish Hand woven rug! the results were great and the service was very on time and well done!

Description of Work
cleaning of a Turkish Hand woven rug

10/14/2015

Barbara C.

They had an attitude problem. Their quality of work is quite good.

Description of Work
I used Sharian. They did a very large rug.

07/12/2014

Sharon W.

Along with immersion cleaning, the provider's services also including spraying our two rugs for protection from possible moth damage and wrapping them for storage. The quote received from the provider was fair, and they honored their original quote when we picked up our rugs. Our rugs were ready for pick up on the date promised, and the provider's staff were very helpful in loading our rugs in to our truck and securing them for the drive home. We are happy with the service received from this provider and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
The provider was contracted to clean two large area rugs - one Chinese (100% wool) and the other Indian (100% silk).

02/28/2014

Michael M.

We were pleased with it. I remember the total cost was over a $1,000.

Description of Work
We took a number of oriental rugs (around 8) that were a variety of sizes into them for cleaning and repair work.

02/11/2014

Hal F.

Great job! They are the best in the business.

Description of Work
Cleaned rugs.

02/06/2014

MARK & NANCY I.

They arrived for pick-up as scheduled and I later got a call that the rug needed to be immersed for thorough cleaning and would now cost $400. The woman was rude and impatient as I tried to confirm that the rug would be cleaned of the urine stains and odors and eventually realized that removing the "urine and odor" did NOT mean the yellow stains would be removed- the yellow stains would remain. Then I tried to understand why she thought I (or anyone) would spend $400 on a rug that would still have yellow stains all over it. The woman remained rude and impatient and condescending throughout our conversation. When I asked about getting my rug back uncleaned she said it would cost $ 175. That didn't seem right to me either??as there was a difference in the original quoted price of $15 between my dropping it off and them picking it up. After several more conversations and references to the owner "Mr.Sharian" by the rude employee I agreed that we would come and pick it up. I was then informed that in order to get my uncleaned rug back I would have to pay Sharian $75. We even thought of just leaving the rug at Sharian and forgetting about our rug altogether - but, was informed by the still cranky disrespectful employee that we would be charged more money if we didn't pick it up by a certain date. As this was all happening prior to and during the holidays and we had a serious illness in the family - AND that this consistently rude woman was unwilling to work with us and cared nothing about customer service ?we eventually decided to stop trying to work something out and pick up the rug and pay what felt like a "ransom." I was at work and so asked my son to pick the rug up on his day off. Some woman - maybe the same one ( Janice ?) or yet another rude employee was rude and critical and condescending to my son at the pick-up !! Saying "here's your rug that wasn't even cleaned" in a derogatory way. WOW - never imagined such a rude and unpleasant experience - FROM START TO FINISH - from Sharian Rugs. Would NEVER try them again, would NEVER recommend them, and will caution everyone I know about our experience there

Description of Work
we have an 8 x 12 Karastan rug that, unfortunately, our elderly dog started using as her "potty" when she wasn't let out often enough i had heard good things about Sharian Rugs and they were highly-rated on Angie's List so called and was told the cost for cleaning would be between $ 160-$320 if i brought it in and $175-320 if it was picked up. I chose pick up (as it seemed a difference in cost of only $15) and was told they could get the urine and the odor out which was great and just what I needed.

07/13/2013

Michael H.

Very well. The carpets were laid out and accessed prior to agreeing to the price. I was told that one area could not be cleaned, so that my expectations were realistic. I was promised a 2 week time frame and all expectations were met and was very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
cleaned 2 handmade carpets 8 x 10 and 9 x 14. I used a coupon online and did my own delivery and pick up.

03/19/2013

RITA C.

They are the best. The lady was so nice and pleasant to talk to. They were very reasonable and I really appreciate that. They really worked h****** the rugs. They are johnny on the spot. I can't say enough about them. Very professional service.

Description of Work
They have cleaned and repaired my rugs.

Category carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

03/01/2013

Susan A.

They came and picked up the rug. I had a coupon for a 10% discount which they didn't honor. They said since it is a custom rug it needs to be dried a certain way. The rug doesn't get much traffic but it still needed cleaned. They were going to charge me $175 to pick up the rug and drop it off without cleaning it. The rug looks sorta cleaned but there are some stains in it still.

Description of Work
Rug needed cleaned

Category carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

12/31/2012

Jay L.

I chose Sharian based on reviews here. They were very nice and helpful. They didn't spend much time exaining what they would do. They said they have two main levels of cleaning, and they would use the appropriate one based on the rug condition. My rugs were very smelly so I knew I needed their deepest cleaning. They picked up the rugs promptly and talked to us briefly about he rugs and their condition. Once they had the rugs, they looked at hem and then called me to tell me Sha they recommended. They noted the things that they couldn't get out, where there was prior moth damage, ex, and gave me the price. They said it would take 3 weeks but they had them ready in one week. They came back and put the rugs back in my house. The cleaning was fabulous. The rugs look great and amazingly there is no smell at all. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
They picked up, cleaned and returned three large oriental rugs. The rives were all heavily soiled by pets.

04/30/2012

Daniel J.

Price quoted over the phone is what I paid, no pressure to add additional services though they do offer discounts if you get 2 or more services (moth-proofing, stain protection etc). Reasonably priced though could get expensive for very large area rugs as they charge by the square foot. Definitely recommended if you have a valuable rug (wool, silk, Persian, Oriental, antique etc). Rug was ready when they said it would be - 2 weeks - though they didn't call and I ended up calling them to find out that it was indeed ready (I could only get over there on Saturdays and didn't want to wait another week - they surely would have called later the following week but I was hoping I could pick it up when it ought to have been ready, which it was). I will definitely use them again if the need arises - it's a long drive for me to/from but they're the best in the metro Atlanta area.

Description of Work
Had a large wool runner rug (2' 10" x 17') cleaned. Dropped off at their location to take advantage of their 20% discount vs. having them pick it up.

01/06/2012

Anda B.

Overall, it was a good experience. The price was reasonable and I was satisfied.

Description of Work
They cleaned an area rug.

12/08/2011

Brian P.

The price was reasonable and the service was completed as promised.

Description of Work
I had two small oriental rugs cleaned.

11/08/2011

Susan S.

I have to say that it was a bit pricey but I will use them again. One of the rugs cleaned had pet stains that I was not sure could be properly cleaned. The rug looks great as do the other three.

Description of Work
cleaning of four silk persain rugs

10/19/2011

Sharon S.

They did a professional job at a good price. They repaired a carpet for us since then. We use them for carpet storage too. We still have some carpets stored there. They seem to have another wood keeping thing to deal with. I would certainly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We purchased a carpet from Sharian Inc. for our daughter-in-law.

Category carpet installation

10/08/2011

diane S.

Sharian did an excellent job of cleaning both rugs. Their staff was friendly and professional and seemed very knowledgeable. Although some pet stains did not come out of my Turkish rug, I was very satisfied with the work they performed and would recommend them.

Description of Work
Had two rugs cleaned by Sharian - a Tibetan and a Turkish - both expensive and with great sentimental value.

08/19/2011

Elizabeth M.

I usually drop my rugs, as it is less expensive than having them pick them up. They have restored rugs rendered completely nasty by small children, sewn up holes, reattached fringe, and generally made rugs I might have given up on beautiful again. I enjoyed visiting their facility, and getting to see all the rugs there, many real works of art (not like my rug)

Description of Work
Have had Sharian clean many rugs for me, and do one repair. They are remarkably knowledgeable and thorough, and the rugs were beautifully cared for. Would use them again in a heart beat. In an additional side note, I know them to be very supportive of community education and charitable causes, a commitment I appreciate in a business .

07/27/2011

MOIRA B.

Very very well. Have used them for years and years. People are wonderful and the prices more than fair. They are fastidious about their scheduling and have always been on time. They also help bring the rugs in from car, and then reload.

Description of Work
we bring about 10 throw rugs (large) to Sharian's once per year. Rugs are on the floors for about 6 months. I have never had them pick them up from my home, so don't know how that service is. They take in the rugs, and clean then, roll them up in paper, and have ready pretty quickly. They were also able to re-tassle and repair two rugs that were damaged. I usually request a double cleaning and think it's worth the extra.

07/21/2011

Norma A.

They offer pick up and delivery as well as you can drop your rug off. They did a very good job and the rug looked and smelled great. I think their price was fair and in line with other prices. The men who put it back in place were very good about getting the table back in place. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I had them clean my oriental rug used in my dining room.

05/11/2011

Tracy S.

They were very professional. Greeted me when I drove up with the rug. Got the rug out of my truck and laid it out to see where they stains were. They were up front and told me that it was 50/50 whether or not they could get the stains out. They were also up front regarding the pricing. They said it would be two weeks and they actually called me a day early to tell me the rug was ready. They did a very good job on the stains (better than I expected). I was concerned that I was going to have to replace the rug, but thanks to their good job, I will not be replacing this rug.

Description of Work
They cleaned a large and expensive oriental rug that one of my pets had an accident on. They use a process that submerges the entire rug in a cleaning solution versus just cleaning with a carpet cleaning type of machine.

12/08/2010

Jim B.

Very clean, professional. We were happy with the service.

Description of Work
Cleaned area rugs.

09/21/2010

Sharon S.

They do a great job, and they are very professional. I have expensive rugs and they are very careful about handling them. It is a local firm, and they are very good. I get what I expect. They are very reasonable. There are no surprises. They are very responsive. I had given them rugs for cleaning, and I had unexpected guests at home. I called them, and they were able to get me back the rugs two days earlier. They are very punctual and early usually.

Description of Work
I used Sharian Inc for rug cleaning this summer.