Award Roofing Co

Founded 1965 • With Angi since March 2003

Award Roofing Company was started to fill a need in the Atlanta area for a truly professional, high quality residential service. In May of 1965, we installed our first roof in Atlanta and issued an unconditional 20 year labor and material guarantee on that job. Since that time, we have installed over 10,000 roofs in the Atlanta area and provide a 15 year labor guarantee. Award Roofing Company employs installation techniques that exceed every shingle manufacturer’s requirements. In fact, our installation specifications set the standards by which all other roofers are compared. No other roofer will match our standards. We guarantee that. Every job in is supervised by a Project Manager who inspects every aspect of the work as it is being done to protect our company and its reputation as well as the homeowner’s investment. Call now for your FREE estimate!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

roofing (190)gutter repair (15)skylight installation (3)chimney repair (3)roof cleaning (7)gutter cleaning (6)

04/29/2022

PATRICIA F.

Thanks to the review on Angie list, we were able to find Award Roofing! Both Justin and Doug, were great asset to this tedious process when dealing with insurance claims. The workers, worked hard and completed our job in 2 days! We were very pleased with our choice.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

04/13/2021

John B.

EXCELLENT SERVICE! I highly recommend this company as I had my complete composition shingle roof replaced. Jason met with me and later met with the insurance adjuster to point out hail and wind damage to give me the best chance of getting my roof replaced by my insurance. Which was fairly handled! Every step of the process was easy from obtaining an estimate, to getting assistance with picking out the color and type of shingles I wanted to getting the job done. I am so pleased with the quality of work. My requests for replacement and removal of some vents and miscellaneous items were followed perfectly. The cleanup was perfect. No issues at all. After much research on Angie's List I felt comfortable going with this company as the work is quality. As someone who was concerned about hiring a company to work on my house, this company's reputation sold me and price was competitive. I really think anyone who needs a new roof or work done should get an estimate from this company. The total job price came in as estimated with no surprises. I am very happy! Beautiful job well done!

Description of Work
Total Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 03/06/2021

01/27/2021

Rick W.

From day one Doug and Justin were very easy to work with. They were very professional and knowledgeable. They did what they said they would do without any hassles, and went out of their way to make sure the job was done right. They worked with the insurance company and made it stress free. I would highly recommend them for any job, they were fantastic. Thanks

Description of Work
New Roof from storm damage

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

01/14/2021

Kathy S.

I called the owner, Doug, and he responded right away. I recently bought a house and did not know the age or condition of the roof. He came out and inspected it and the gutters and told me I didn't need any work. I appreciate when a company is honest and thorough, so when I do need a roof in the future I will be returning to this company.

Description of Work
roof inspection

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

09/17/2020

Rache H.

Award Roofing company came out in August and replaced my roof in one day. They did a very good job and I was very impressed with their professionalism as well as hard work. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Award Roofing replaced my roof.

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

08/20/2020

GARY & TERESA P.

This company could also be called Above and Beyond. We cannot adequately express how pleased we are with our new roof from beginning to end. Our first call into the company (after trying locally with no success) was responded to immediately! Justin, one of the owners came to our house the next day to assess our situation. We had some leaks. That very same day Justin made temporary repairs until a new roof could be put on. The crew that came out was punctual, respectful, and professional. Let me add this company does NOT put shingles on top of the old shingles which is a PLUS. They had to replace some plywood that was rotten where the leak was coming through. The company redid some areas around the chimney which were not done correctly on the initial installation. Everything is done with an excellence! They do provided service outside of their immediate area which was our case. We are so blessed that the LORD led us to this awesome company to handle our situation. Award Roofing lives up to its name and deserves 5** and more rating.

Description of Work
Replace and repair roof

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

04/18/2020

D. H.

We love our new roof! Award roofing did an excellent job with replacing the roof. From the beginning to the end of the work everyone I spoke with was very nice and friendly. The crew was very professional and polite. They replaced the roof, cleaned up and hauled away all the old roofing materials. The work was completed in a timely manner. There were no additional add on costs. The quote given was what was paid. Once the roof was replaced the owner performed a final inspection. I would definitely recommend Award Roofing Company to anyone in need of replacing a roof. Excellent, excellent work!

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

02/18/2020

Nancy W.

Quality of roof and service was excellent. We have an older home. Award Roofing did our 1st replacement roof in 1995. We used an architectural shingle and was very happy with it. When our roof needed replacement in 2019 due to storm damage, we again called Award Roofing. Doug Horsley and Justin Brooks were great to work with. Their crew was fast and did a very neat job. We again selected an architectural shingle and again are very happy with it! As a repeat customer I can highly recommend Award Roofing!

Description of Work
New Roof - Repeat Customer

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

01/24/2020

Paul H.

We were very pleased with the work done by Award Roofing. They replied promptly to our request for an estimate. The amount was reasonable, and there were no extra charges when the work was done. The crew arrived when scheduled, completed the work as promised, and cleaned up afterwards. We recommend them highly.

Description of Work
roof replaced, flashing repaired, gutters replaced

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

09/04/2019

Judith C.

Very, very good help. I would hire them again should I need a new roof.

Description of Work
Initially our older home was completely re-roofed by Award Roofing. Several repairs have been made over the years because of tree branches. Every time Award was called, they responded!!

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

08/28/2019

Joy B.

Great from the start to finish. They were professional, on time, and they cleaned everything after work.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof and fixed my chimney.

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

Mike A.

Everything is finished and we could not be happier. Our roof is the talk of the neighborhood. Doug and Justin were true to their word and gave us an excellent product. They also replaced our 26 year old gutters and down spouts... Mike & Donna

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

Sailaja A.

It really went well. he was prompt and worked within the budget. He was friendly and thorough.

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

Blanche H.

Award Roofing The BEST!!!!! Doug, Justin and crew -professional. prompt, precision. They went above and beyond in customer service and did a solid install of my shingles. You can get quotes from others but this is the company to go with!!!!!

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

08/21/2019

Kim M.

Seamless. Professional, yet personable. Responsive to questions. Doug, Justin and Team 'Award' got the job done quickly and efficiently! B rating for cost because although competitive Award was not the least expensive. But then, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for! Satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

07/15/2019

Dwight C.

I wasn’t even sure if we were still under warranty. I called the company and spoke to the owner, Doug Horsely. He checked the records and said we were still under warranty and he would be out to take a look. He came out the same day, found the problem and fixed the leak. Amazing response, especially after 14 years and excellent work.

Description of Work
My roof was installed 14 years ago by Award Roofing. We were given a 15 year warranty from the company at that time. We had indications on the ceiling of a leak this past week.

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

01/22/2019

Allen D.

Excellent. Couldn't ask for better.

Description of Work
Replace large steep Mediterranean roof and handle sub of gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

12/28/2018

Terrence M.

They did a great job, no complaints.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

11/28/2018

Scott S.

Everything was great. Justin was very responsive and genuinely wanted to do everything right and make sure we were happy. We have an old house and had to have plenty of decking replaced. There have been many long rainy days since and no problems at all. I felt like they go above and beyond what others do. The 15 year warrant including labor is what made me go with them. I would use them again and suggest them to people looking for a good roofer

Description of Work
New roof needed after moving into an older house

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

10/23/2018

Ryan N.

Upon recommendation from Justin after seeing our wind damaged roof, we contacted our insurance company who ended up paying for a total replacement. Both Justin and Doug were very responsive and knowledgeable. The crew that did the roof was great! It was finished and cleaned up in two days. We have kids and they took extra care to sweep for any stray nails. They also made sure to leave the wildlife exclusion in place like we asked. This was such a better all around experience than with the roof replacement at our last house. Working with this company made all the difference!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

10/23/2018

Doug F.

Justin and Doug were very professional and friendly - no-nonsense communication and work. Justin thoroughly explained what would take place, and what he explained is what actually happened. They got on the project promptly, finished up in one day, cleaned everything up, and sent a straightforward bill. They assisted with a regulatory matter. Justin and Doug were each easy to get in touch with - I would highly recommend using their services.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

09/19/2018

Stephen W.

We were totally pleased with the entire process. All interaction from the initial phone call to the final inspection went very smoothly. When we called for the shingles that had blown off in a storm, they responded immediately and repaired this so that our attic was safe. We knew at that point that we wanted a new roof. Award Roofing had done an excellent job for us on a previous roofing repair. So we knew that we wanted Award Roofing again. It turned out that the time that the roofing began was the rainiest week of the summer. This could not have been predicted. The supervisor was excellent in communicating with us about the necessary delays. He also made sure that the site was completely clear of any nails or debris when it was shut down for the days of rain. That way I could use my driveway while we waited for the rain to let up. The site was completely organized and neat in between the rain shutdowns. They were also very accommodating about where the dumpster was parked. The roof looks great - they helped us decide on the shade of shingles also.

Description of Work
shingles repair followed by new roof

Work Completed On 08/11/2018

We appreciate the kind words. The job price was actually $12,500. The Warrens were pleasant to work with. Everyone had a good experience.

07/02/2018

Mike S.

Justin did the work. He came out to give an estimate and did a great job explaining what was causing the leaks (from underneath looking at the roof from inside the attic and above with me on the roof). He gave me a lot of confidence he understood the problem and how to fix it. He showed up on the day the work was scheduled and finished on-time. The only problem I had was getting a written receipt for the finished work done on 4/16 for my house repairs file. I didn't pay until it was I received it 7/2.

Description of Work
I had leaks where 4 pipe boots and a heating system vent had been replaced by a previous roofer.