Colby Home Services

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2011

1608 Cherry Hill Ct SW

Conyers, GA 30094

Colby Home Services provides Atlanta Georgia with professional remodeling services. Each project is custom designed to my customers needs and wants. Everything from paint colors to cabinetry and tile to lighting fixtures is matched with my clients style. Making the right choices early on in any project will result in a smooth transition. Most importantly it saves our clients time and finances. Returning your home to your everyday living space is important to me, which makes time management one of my foucs points. Over 15 years I've guaranteed superior craftsmanship, detailed finishes, and most importantly our client's satisfaction in knowing that choosing us was the best decision for their remodeling needs. We will continue in following this philosophy to ensure further satisfaction on our client's behalf, and making them a part of our extended family....

03/20/2014

Patricia K.

We tried to call him all summer long just to accept the estimate and in August we tried to book him and he never picked up. Finally, we called and he actually picked up. It seemed like he didn’t mean to pick up, but he gave us an estimated date of service and that day came and went and there was no show. He never returned calls or messages after that.

Description of Work
He gave me an estimate for a kitchen remodel and we accepted the estimate.

Category home remodeling

How unfortunate that you had to leave a negative review of my company. I went back and checked my emails that I sent to you. I guess you assumed I was making excuses when I explained my sudden diagnoses of kidney cancer. The last 4-5 months of 2013 and into 2014 I was unfortunately battling that cancer. I'm not sure what else I could have said to you for you to understand that I was not able to follow through with the project. As much as I would like to please everyone, that's not a realistic goal. No matter the reason, that reason may not be enough for some. Have a good day!

06/18/2013

Gabrielle J.

Everything went good. I used a guy named Brian. He was excellent. I actually referred someone to him. I'll be using him again. We actually had him come back to do something else for me. They were very professional and on time, and the quality was great. I had a great experience with them.

Description of Work
I used Colby Home Services for handyman work. They did some lightings for me, they did a couple of stuff that I couldn't do.

Category handyman service

11/24/2012

Helen W.

Brian is very professional, he kept all appointments and returned our phone calls, he listened to our desires and made changes that were necessary. Brian worked this project alone and it included removing wall paper carpet, old vanity & tubs, old tiles. Removed popcorn ceiling and painted it. Our new bathroom is beautiful. We would use him again. Price was fair and reasonable and he finished when he said he would.

Description of Work
Complete remodeled bathroom, installed new tub & and shower wall. Tiled floor & half walf , installed new vanity mirror and lighting.

Category ceramic tile, woodworking, home remodeling

08/10/2012

Emily F.

Brian, as usual, does a great job. He's completed a few small projects for me in the past couple of months. Timely, fair, courteous and professional. This small job was completed in two hours without any problems. I recommend him in the Conyers/Covington/Rockdale/Newton/Dekalb area. Let's keep him in business!

Description of Work
He caulked columns on front porch, replaced a defective area on the side of the roof upgrading with a more lasting, effective material.

Category woodworking

07/24/2012

Atiba T.

The repairs, painting and overall understanding of what needed to be accomplished was flawlessly executed and we look forward to working with Colby Homes in the near future. Our house looks great and the paint job has encouraged me to start my own little DIY upkeep to match what has been done to date.

Description of Work
My wife and I engaged Colby Home Services to assist with some internal repair to our foyer area that included replacement of beams and sheet rock. We're extemely pleased with the service and final outcome of the work. Brian the owner, is miticulous with the way we operates and is very polite and professional. We will defintely continue to utilize his services for future home improvements -- as we were also pleased with the outdoor deck repair and refinishing done a few weeks prior.

Category handyman service, woodworking

07/23/2012

Gerald H.

Please see above.

Description of Work
We lived in Maryland and bought a retirement home in Georgia in April of 2011. We were given Mr. Doles' name as a contractor who could provide a variety of home improvement services. We contacted him after our purchase and informed him that we would not move into the house unit October 2011, but that we needed many services performed prior to our move-in date. He operated as if he were our property manager. He performed or contracted on our behalf many services such as finishing an unfinished basement, installed surveillance cameras, cleaned carpet and floor, performed touch-up painting, reported stolen A/C units to police, installed storm doors, installed garbage disposal, mounted flat screen TV's and performed numerous other handyman jobs around the house. He went above and beyond the call of duty, especially for people that he had never met. His pricing is fair. He is a trustworthy person and when he says he will be at your house at a certain time, you can count on it. As a matter of fact, he had keys to our home before we moved in and regularly monitored our vacant house until our arrival. His invoices state exactly what and how his fees were arrived at and there are no surprises. The bottom line is that I highly recommend Mr. Doles to anyone without reservation.

Category plumbing, woodworking, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

07/22/2012

Emily F.

He was polite, quick, and the end result was excellent work. The price he charged was very fair.

Description of Work
Brian changed an electrical socket that had shorted out.

Category handyman service

07/17/2012

Emily F.

Very well. He arrived early and was helpful. I will be using him to fix another issue to the house (outside structure). I strongly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Fixed a minor issue that didn't require many tools. I could not do it myself.

Category handyman service, woodworking

07/01/2008

BECKY C.

He did a great job. He was very informative and thoroughly explained to me exactly what needed to been done in my home. He was quick and I was pleased with his inspection.

Description of Work
He came out to my home to do a complete home inspection

08/23/2007

Stefan S.

Brian was on-time -- did a most through job (four hours of inspecting), took the time to answer our questions and concerns, and got us a detailed (40 pages) report with photos the next day!

Description of Work
We wanted to have an older house being sold "as is" by owner checked out so we could decide if we wanted to make an offer or not. We wanted an attic to crawlspace inspection that covered all (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, bugs, structure, etc.) that could find out things we didn't know or couldn't see.

03/08/2007

MICHELLE P.

Super!! I called Brian and made the arrangement for the inspection. He explained everything to me prior to the inspection. It was an older house that had been vacant for almost 14 months. Brian got in the crawlspace, the attic and every inch of the home. Several problems were found, but rest assured he explained them all as to make sure I understood them. I've used him ever since on my investments. If your buying a foreclosure or HUD, make sure to call Brian with Colby Inspections. You won't regret it.

Description of Work
I needed a home inspection for an investment property in Atlanta. I searched and ended up calling Brian with Colby Inspections. Brian completed an inspection not only on this property, but several investments since then.

Smith Drywall & Painting

Artisan Custom Closets

Artisan Custom Closets is locally owned and operated. Artisan Custom Closets’ process provides clients with a happy, stress-free experience that results in a beautiful, high-quality custom closet that looks like it came straight out of the designer magazines (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg)! From the initial free design consultation at your home to selecting the final finish and accessories and having the system installed, we are there with you providing our space-planning expertise, input, and guidance. We have a total of 60 employees and we DO NOT use subcontractors. We, undoubtedly, have the most experienced design and installation team in the Atlanta market.

Offers by Artisan Custom Closets on Angi
    B.I.G. Painting

Quality and Professionalism that is second to none - With B.I.G. Painting you can rest assured that the job will get done the right way the first time. We aim to provide our customers with the best quality and customer service possible for their painting project. With every job, we come out at your convenience to take measurements and gather the details of everything you need done. We provide an official estimate on-site with a timeframe and price. You can count on our company for professional workmanship that will add to your home's value. We are a local, veteran-owned company that services East-Atlanta area. We are uniformed and fully insured, and we keep a clean and safe job site. Every project has a multi-point quality inspection before the final walkthrough with you to ensure that every nook and cranny is up to standard. Every job has a lead painter and a Production Manager so you always have multiple points of contact. We look forward to working with you!

Offers by B.I.G. Painting on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Custom Homes, Custom Home Remodeling Services, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Attic Finishing, Basement Finishing