CABINETS & COUNTERTOPS

Conyers, GA 30012

Cabinets, counter tops, and remodeling- kitchen and bath

10/03/2014

Mona H.

poor quality and the cabinet was made out of particle board and not wood. the trim started falling off within the week.

Description of Work
built a stand alone cabinet/counter top to be used as an island in the kitchen.

07/02/2014

Ryan H.

They were super quick and thorough. Picked out granite, had template made, and granite installed all in one week. They were cheaper and had much better customer service than any of the big box stores we checked out. Lots of granite to choose from.

Description of Work
Installed granite bar top.

05/29/2014

w H.

I drove 60 miles round trip to Conyers to get information and an kitchen remodel estimate. I took measurements and pictures with me. The salesman explained his products' advantages and disadvantages and a estimate of how long the remodel would take. What he didn't do, and what was my main reason for driving 60 miles, was send me the detailed estimate of what it would cost. I never heard another word from him so I went elsewhere.

Description of Work
Showed me examples of countertops and cabinets

Category custom cabinets, countertops

02/04/2014

Ron S.

I wanted to upgrade my builder-installed cabinetry with some shelving to house my LCD television, home entertainment system, and to gain more book storage. I sent them a drawing via email, along with the current dimensions of my cabinets. I also sent them the dimensions of a television I had purchased so that they could design it into the new shelving. A day later, I got a technical drawing back from them that was EXACTLY what I wanted. I sent them a check for the costs, we scheduled an install for two weeks later. Their representative brought the required wood to my house the next week so that it would be there for the appointed install date. On the day of the install, the installer cut the wood, installed it very professionally. I could not have been happier! The new television fit absolutely PERFECT into the cut-out he made for it. I have had SO many positive comments on my shelving that I would absolutely go back to this company for more work in the future!

Description of Work
Upgraded my home with additional shelving and cabinetry to match my existing cabinets which were installed by home builder.

11/08/2013

Mary S.

After a rocky start, we are very happy. Rocky because the decorator had told us we could drive to the location of the slabs to choose ours, but when we arrived (30 miles away), the woman working there didn't know what we were talking about. I think the woman was new, but still, it was a wasted trip However, the contractors made appointments for measurement and installation and actually arrived on time each time! When they arrived to install the countertop and sink, they quickly performed their tasks and cleaned up after themselves. The next day the tile layers arrived, at the appointed time also. Interestingly enough, they left the kitchen cleaner than they found it!!! That was a first. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Installed new granite countertops, sink, and a tile backsplash

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

10/16/2013

Jeanette K.

First off, they were very nice to deal with...when things were going well. The initial install was 2010, the last contact was approximately late 2011, early 2012. Everything looked good to start, great looking cabinets, on time service, a few glitches but the installers were outstanding and made the install go smoothly. In the bathroom they cut the hole for the drain pipe in the wrong place and while David said it needed to be corrected, he never did. A few months after the initial install, I realized that the paint on the kitchen cabinets was not right, it could not be cleaned and all drips actually stained the white surface. They sent someone out that tested the painted serface, there were several visits to look at it, and then they sent a technican from Sherwin Williams out with special testing equipment. He found that the manufacturer did not put the proper mix of hardner in the paint and that was why the finish was not holding up. It took a year to get them, at their convenience to get SOMEONE to make a decision. I was put off numerous times because it was the manufacturer who had to make the decision. Finally, the manufacturer and several of their plant reps came to the house to look at it. After they all stood around discussing the issue, they offered to replace all the doors and repaint, in place, all the cabinet boxes (kitchen only). This was done by a crew from the manufacturer in Alabama, again a few months later. The new doors lasted about a month before the mitered corners on them started opening. I also experienced several collapses of the pull out shelves in the pantry cabinet. At this point I think they were tired of dealing with me and I with them. When I would call, they would act all concerned and say they would call back or come by the house, but the delays were intolerable. As much as I wanted decent quality cabinets that would look good for a long time, I wanted this company out of my life. I called one of their installers directly and they fixed the pantry shelves and I paid them direct.

Description of Work
Installed kitchen and master bath cabinets, over the range exhaust fan and decorative hood, solid surface countertops in kitchen and bath.

Category home remodeling

06/20/2013

Vicki L.

Things are going pretty well with them so far. I like the fact that they are local as I like doing business with local people. They have been in business for a long time in my area. I have a little problem with their people not showing up when I expect them to which kind of drags the job for a longer time.

Description of Work
I am currently using Cabinets & Countertops for bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

03/17/2013

dianne M.

never heard from them

Description of Work
never heard from them

02/26/2013

M B.

The girl that works at the front who's suppose to assist in the design and things, she was kind of bad in getting back to you on things but if you work with David, the owner, he's really good. The only thing is that you have to remind him to get you paper work and contract in writing and things like that because they do a lot of things just verbally like verbal estimate like that. What happened with me what that, when I paid the deposit and when I got the final bill, it was more than the verbal estimate had been but they never given me in writing, so I went out there and talk to him and it turned out it was a very simple mistake but they took care of the problem right away. He was extremely helpful, he knows his business and I got a very good deal at countertop.

Description of Work
I used Cabinets & Countertops for granite countertops installation.

10/02/2012

Michael S.

Outstanding!!! They kept me informed throughout the remodeling project.

Description of Work
I had new kitchen cabinets installed, new granite countetops, new vanity, medicine cabinet and mirror, additional electrical outlets added, new tile floor and molding. Cabinets and Countertops is an outstanding company. Their service and workmanship is top notch!! The employees are extremely professional, hardworking, and detailed oriented. They will go above and beyond to ensure the customer is extremely satisfied with all aspects of the remodel. I'm now saving the money so Cabinets and Countertops can remodel my bathroom. I would not go to anyone else. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Michael Smith Atlanta

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, woodworking

06/15/2012

K S.

There are 5 steps in this process. The first, is of course, selecting the desired granite & sinks. The sinks are already included in the price. The second step is a template is made of your current counter top measurements. This requires that your countertops be cleared off completely, as the template is made not by measuring but by laying thin strips of wood on the back, sides and around the sink actually making a physical template. If your are upgrading your faucets, it's necessary to already have them so the faucet hole in the granite can be cut along with the rest of the granite. The third step is tear out of the old counter tops. Again, counter tops must be cleared off completely. Also I removed the drawers & laid old sheets over anything left in the bottom of the cabinets. The tear out went smoothly, no unintentional collateral damage & it wasn't as messy as I was expecting. The guys were friendly, did a nice job and cleaned up after themselves. The 4th step is the installation of the granite countertops & new sinks. For a kitchen and two bathrooms this took approximately 3hrs. The installers were careful to cover the floors to protect them while they worked. Now, I'm not a craftsman but everything looked great. Again, they made a concious effort to clean up after themselves. The 5th step is the plumbing. Installing the faucets and garbage disposal if needed. This was done quickly & a month later still no problems or leaks detected. They even cleaned out the U or pea trap in the pipes. I would definitely recommend this company. The only complaint that I had was that sometimes my calls were not returned by the workers - making me have to call again. Alicia always seemed available & always returned calls - the difficulty came when trying to contact the actual skilled laborers. Additional Costs(other than install price per sq ft):faucets upgrade $200 eachtear-out $250plumbing $350 Lessons Learned:To get a square-foot measurement, measure the length and width of your countertop. Multiply these numbers together. If you've measured in inches, divide the result by 144 to get to approximate square footage. This does not have to be exact just a ball park to get an estimate. Upgraded from builders grade, laminate counters which had a small front lip covering an inch or two of the cabinets frame - the granite is flush with the counter which left this previous unseen area exposed & needing paint. The top of the dishwasher which was also hidden by the laminate counter lip now had a noticeable gap. The installers are not responsible for this issue & suggested just adjusting the dishwasher legs, but the gap was larger than the legs could be heightened requiring a piece of wood to be placed & painted. Upgraded from builders grade, laminate counters - the backsplash of 2-3 inches on the side walls was higher than the granite backsplash, so once the laminate was removed the sheetrock behind it was exposed. This area needed additional sheetrock mud to smooth the indentation plus paint. If possible do this in advance - the template guy pried them off during his visit - allowing two weeks before installation to accomplish this.

Description of Work
Having never replaced counter tops this has been an entirely new & learning experience for me. If it is for you also, hopefully the following information will be helpful. I was upgrading from builders grade, laminate counters to granite. Where to begin? I did not want to deal with a big box store so I checked out Angies List for companies in my area with favorable reviews. I chose Cabinets & CounterTops & feel I made the right decision. My decor was white cabinets, oak wood laminate floors, black apliances & a few decorative white tiles with green ivy.How could any granite counter top tie all that together? When I walked into Cabinets & CounterTops I showed Alicia a few pics of my kitchen. I asked her if she had an interior designer dying to get out and she replied that she had a degree in interior design ! She then showed me the granite that appeared to actually have the color scheme that would match all my different elements. Wonderful. Although I looked at other choices, I ultimately went with the original granite that Alicia suggested. Now that it is actually installed in my kitchen (and two bathrooms) I am very pleased.

05/04/2012

Brad G.

The work performed was excellent. I would highly recommend Cabinets and Countertops to anyone considering a remodel job. I will definitely call on them in the future to perform more work on my home

Description of Work
These folks did a total remodel of our kitchen and masterbath. I mean demolition down to the subfoor and wall studs. The design work and drawings were excellent. They started the work on the date promised and actually finished earlier than expected. The quality of the work is top notch and they kept the job moving; working at our home almost every day. The materials used were high quality and the installation was professionally done. They were responsive to our concerns and had good suggestions which we accepted as the job progressed. They honored all quotes which we found to be very fair in light of the work performed. These folks obviously have pride in their work.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

03/13/2012

Richard S.

The job they did was well done. They showed up on time and were able to take care of the problem the first time.

Description of Work
I used Cabinets & Countertops to repair my countertop.

04/29/2011

Barbara V.

Everything is perfect! The kitchen (and laundry room) are beautiful. Everything was started and completed on the exact day promised. All the employees were courteous, professional, and careful about keeping the area clean, etc. Caused as little inconvenience as possible - considering no kitchen, but that was our idea!! I would happily use them again.

Description of Work
New laundry room. New kitchen cabinets, countertop, blacksplash and lighting. Completely stripped kitchen and started over.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

07/14/2008

kelly L.

Everything is going excellent, the kitchen looks fantastic. They have done two of the bathrooms and they should finish the other one Thursday. The designer is amazing.

Description of Work
They did my kitchen countertop with laminate, they are doing also my bathrooms.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

05/18/2007

NADINE G.

We were told that we didn't need to empty our cabinets which was nice. The old laminate was removed and new white wood laminate was placed on the cabinets. It didn't take them but a couple of days to transform dark cabinets into white bright cabinets. My Kitchen looked larger and brighter for sure. The men were great. We did have to clean up a little on the last day but that was ok. They were professional and you can't tell that we didn't have new cabinets built. I would recommend Cabinets & Countertops!

Description of Work
Cabinets & Countertops refaced 84 square feet of cabinets in our kitchen. They used white laminate wood covers. Our cabinets weren't very old so we decided to go this route.

Category cabinet refacing

03/19/2004

QUALITY WORK AND CRAFTSMANSHIP AT A GREAT PRICE.

Description of Work
PREMEASURED, FABRICATED AND INSTALLED NEW BATHROOM CABINETRY.

Category custom cabinets

B.I.G. Painting

Quality and Professionalism that is second to none - With B.I.G. Painting you can rest assured that the job will get done the right way the first time. We aim to provide our customers with the best quality and customer service possible for their painting project. With every job, we come out at your convenience to take measurements and gather the details of everything you need done. We provide an official estimate on-site with a timeframe and price. You can count on our company for professional workmanship that will add to your home's value. We are a local, veteran-owned company that services East-Atlanta area. We are uniformed and fully insured, and we keep a clean and safe job site. Every project has a multi-point quality inspection before the final walkthrough with you to ensure that every nook and cranny is up to standard. Every job has a lead painter and a Production Manager so you always have multiple points of contact. We look forward to working with you!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Walter Electricity

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, troubleshooting, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

38 Surface Solutions

Tora Paint & co is a premium residential & commercial painting company that specializes in providing top-quality painting services for high-end homes and businesses. We use only the best materials and employ experienced, skilled painters who take great care in their work to ensure a flawless finish. Our services include interior and exterior painting, custom color matching, and specialty finishes such as faux painting and murals. We understand the importance of protecting and enhancing the value of luxury properties, and we work closely with homeowners and interior designers to ensure that every project meets the highest standards. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our clients, from the initial consultation to the final walk-through. With Tora Paint & co, you can trust that your home will receive the attention and care it deserves.

Check, Visa, MasterCard