RANDY PRATHER BUILDING & REMODEL

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2010

4.3

Since 1994, we have been trusted from people like you on their home renovation needs. All estimates are free of charge and are compatiable with insurance companies. We are family owned and operated; we may use subcontractors as needed. No job to big or small; we do it all....

River City Patio And Garden

River City Patio and Garden has served the Columbus area for over 15 years. Our focus is on creating your ideal landscape while providing outstanding customer service. We want your yard to be a place to enjoy whether playing, gardening or simply relaxing.

J&G Home Renovations

J & G Home Renovations, Inc of Columbus, GA are home improvement experts with 10+ years experience. We offer affordable rain gutters in a variety of colors. Our home remodeling specialists serves residential and commercial areas. Let us provide all your new construction and repair needs.

Jireh Painting & Remodeling

Jireh Painting & Remodeling has the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

04/13/2015

Romona G.

It turned out to be fine. My basement looks fine and neat now. They did exactly what we agreed that they will do. There were no screaming and no arguing. They were the back slap and hand shake. Their price was excellent.

Description of Work
Randy Prather Building and Remodel performed some work for me. They re-did my basement.

Category remodeling,basement remodeling

01/04/2015

Vernus C.

Roger was the one who put the cabinets in and he was wonderful...he was punctual it was the cabinets were not. The cabinets are honey maple with special cutting and finishes requested. We did get everything we asked for. Evidently the problem , which we were unaware of for a few weeks, was that with the special finishes and cutting we requested the person who does this was backed up on his work and if I understood correctly it required a certain type of blade. This put a 1-2 weeks delay on the installation of the cabinets. Noting could progress until the cabinets were in. The backsplash, granite, sinks, etc. could not be put in until the cabinets were in, which put a hold on all of the rest of the contract workers. At the time it was a mess to have only one working sink...in the kitchen and none in the bathrooms. With that said I have posted pictures under Affordable Handyman, Jason Kilgore, of the finished product. The quality, finish and look is unbelievably beautiful. Their work is outstanding and even with the delays I would definitely use them again. My husband look at them all the time and say "we have the best looking cabinets in Columbus, Georgia. For fun we go to open houses and even the high end ones $500,000 and up do not have cabinets that can compare to ours. So thank you for what we consider art work. If I can figure out how to do it again I will post pictures on their website here on Angie's list.

Description of Work
Custom made cabinets in the kitchen and three bathrooms

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,drain cleaning

Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate you as an Angie's member. If there is anything else we can help you do, please let us know! Thank you, Randy Prather Building & Remodeling

04/21/2014

Edward R.

It went well. They did a great job, especially the kitchen with new custom made cabinets and counter tops. They finished some of the original job contract that began in April 2013 in late June 20125. Front flood lights, 6 flag mounts on front of the house. these mounts kept coming loose, after rain/wind.

Description of Work
Renovated our house, by adding and extending space of the entire residence. Kitchen, MBR/w bath, Den & Hall bath They added 2 feet to rear of a wood shed. Set up a metal shed. Re-painted the kitchen, living room, hallway and MBR.

03/28/2014

Donna M.

He was courteous, nice, friendly and professional. He did a good job on the roof as far as I can tell. What I dislike about him and the company is because never get in touch and there seems to be little communication problem between Randy and his office. He was not responsive. I would probably use him again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Randy Prather Building and Remodeling in July 2013. We had a roof damaged due to Yale and they replaced a roof.

03/14/2014

Gregory and Cindy H.

He repaired both on time and within budget.he was very respectful of my home and did what he said he would do within the timeframe he stated.he was a pleasure to work with.the work was done on 47th street in north columbus. I would recommend him and will use his company again.

Description of Work
Randy worked withe insurance claim on our kitchen in 2012 and with water damage in our laundry room in2014

Category remodeling,water damage restoration

02/26/2014

Tammy G.

We hired Randy Prather to remove old appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher, stove and microwave) and install new appliances. He and his crew were scheduled to come out on a Monday and never showed (My husband had taken off from work to accomodate Randy's schedule). We called late in afternoon and were told he wasn't going to get to us that day; he was tied up at another bigger job. His crew but not Randy showed up the next day to install appliances. They were at least 1 hour late from scheduled time of arrival. They installed the microwave without difficulty and did a good job but then downhill. They forgot their hand truck so had to take the door off of the hinges and the doors off the new refrigerator to get it through the door (I have double doors that could have easily been accessed had they brought their hand truck). We speculate that because the doors were removed from the refrigerator something was damaged and the door chime to the refrigerator would not turn off. We were lucky the store took the refrigerator back. The dishwasher was installed and looked okay but about a month to 2 months later, it kept falling out of the cabinet when the door was open. It took awhile but one of Randy's guys came back and fixed what he could. The brackets that hold the dishwasher in place were installed backwards and bent so fixing was difficult. His worker took one of the brackets with him and the promise that Randy would get me a new one and come back to fix. I have yet to see Randy or anyone else. The oven was installed okay; it just took an extra day because we had to wait on Randy to come to do the electrical work. Now looking at the stove it is uneven and appears that one of the legs were broken during installation. The best part is the bill I got was double the estimate. When I called about the bill I was told that the job took longer than expected because the refrigerator doors had to be removed and there was unexpected electrical work to install the stove. This unexpected work was discussed during the estimate which Randy did himself. Randy did agree to the original estimated price. His crew is very friendly so it is a shame that they are not punctual and did not do a quality job.

Description of Work
removed old appliances and installed new appliances

Category home builders

02/04/2014

Paul T.

They did a great job and did it quickly and on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Sheetrock.

Category drywall,remodeling

08/12/2013

Kiralfa F.

The structure still looks good.

Description of Work
Brick construction.

02/26/2013

harold K.

A wonder ful experience we live in the south and workers here are lacking in job ethics, and Randy restored my faith in hiring someone for work. and look forward to any further work I need

Description of Work
we had a fire in 1 of our rentals houses the stove, vent hood and top cabinets were destroyed and the whole house had smoke on all the walls and ceilings Randy gave us an price on 2/11/2013 started that day said he would be done by Friday the 15th and he was. All walls cleaned sealed and painted new partial ceiling in the kitchen,new cupboards, new counter tops,new stove and instead of a vent hood a microwave and all under budget. Whatever job you have call Randy and you will not be sorry

Category custom cabinets,contractors,countertops,drywall,remodeling,air duct cleaning,basement remodeling

03/01/2012

Bobby L.

He showed upon time, but he didn't give me any ideas or options. They didn't return my phone calls and I didn't use him. I want use this company in the future, even though they don't get the worst ratings.

Description of Work
I used him for an estimate to remove a wall and make a doorway wider.

Category remodeling,doors

I did show up on time as usual. When i arrived and met with the client she had everything planned out exactly how she wanted and thats what my estimate was based upon. She called back and a later date and ask me to make some changes to the estimate which i did and re emailed to her and i never heard anything after that. We try our best to give our customers exactly what they want and in the client's case she knew what she wanted before i arrived. Usually when we arrive and the customer knows what they want you do your best to give them just that because if you start changing things up before you know it you are nowhere close to what they want and you lose the job. Our number #1 goal is to make sure our customers are happy and get what they want.

RANDY PRATHER BUILDING & REMODEL

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2010

4.3

1364 Belinda drive

Columbus, GA 31907

All residential and light commerical. New builds, additions; custom cabintry, kitchen and bath renovations; flooring (tile, wood, laminate etc,); countertops, backsplash, painting (interior & exterior); carpentry and roofing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover