Atlanta Custom Construction

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2011

Atlanta Custom Construction has been in business since 1986. We are a small remodeling, repair, and building alterations company. Please call us direct at (770) 452-1925. We do our own work and use subcontractors for only the major mechanical trades. Custom means we customize our service to your needs. Servicing Atlanta City proper, most of the eastern, northern and western locals in and around Metro Atlanta. North and Central Fulton, North and Central Dekalb, Gwinnett and Cobb counties exclusively. *Please read all footnotes on all Offers before claiming any Deals, and call us beforehand if there is any question to the conditions of service. Please note service provider prefers phone calls versus emails for any service inquiries....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Hiawassee alterations project
Hiawassee alterations

decks & porches

202230546

handyman (159)home remodeling (36)woodworking (27)electrician (18)door installation (17)tile installation (17)interior painting (16)drywall (15)decks & porches (11)flooring (10)window replacement (8)countertop installation (8)

02/05/2022

Henry M.

Keith explain what needed to be done to replace the deck/porch. He was on time and got job done in a timely manner. He make sure to clean up nicely when job was complete.

Description of Work
replace and repair deck flooring

Category decks, chimney caps

Work Completed On 02/01/2022

Thank you for taking the time to put in this review. So few actually follow through with this process. You're the kind of customer that I like working with. I look forward to the additional repairs that we spoke about.

01/30/2022

Philip A.

Keith was great to work with! He took all our concerns to mind and was thoughtful in executing the project. Keith went above and beyond to get us the specific cabinets and countertop we wanted (we were trying to exactly match existing). Most importantly, Keith was prompt, punctual, and great at communicating with us. The final product was beyond what we were hoping for - it was a pleasure to work with Keith from start to finish and we would definitely recommend him to friends!

Description of Work
Kitchen Peninsula Construction & Installation

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/28/2022

Review for Atlanta Custom Construction - 2934 Arrow Creek Dr., Chamblee, GA - 39613504

Thanks for taking the time to put in this review. I look forward to working with you again on any future projects. Keith Tindle

08/25/2021

Rod J.

Keith is exceptional and did a great job on our home. He was very professional and punctual. Made recommendations based on his experience and what we were trying to accomplish. Honest and passionate about his quality of work.

Description of Work
Crown molding, backsplash installation, tightening of stair rails and fix front door sweep.

Category countertops, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

Thank [Member Information Removed] for taking the time to follow up [Member Information Removed] this review. [Member Information Removed] know it [Member Information Removed] an issue sometimes. [Member Information Removed] look forward to helping [Member Information Removed] the next project.

07/03/2021

opal F.

Keith was very punctual and the price was very reasonable. Listening to Keith talk about the job he was doing you can hear how knowledgeable and passionate he his about his work and it shows in the finished product.

Description of Work
Remove and repair molding around bay window that had heavy water damage. Also, seal around exterior to prevent further damage.

Category gutter repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/04/2021

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review. I look forward to further projects you may have.

06/16/2021

Maryalice D.

Keith's construction background was utilized in various repairs with proficiency (wood working, painting, concrete, etc). It was helpful to hire one person that could handle many different projects. His rates are reasonable, he manages his time well, and he cleans up his work site.

Description of Work
a variety of home repairs

Category handyman service, chimney caps

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Thank you for taking the time to put in this review. I know time is valuable during moving, so thanks again. Good luck with the new Home. Keith Tindle

06/07/2021

Monifa W.

Keith went above and beyond with his work, and even gave me some diy tips on other projects.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous handyman tasks

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

Thanks for taking the time to put in this review. I certainly hope that the Association completes their work to alleviate the water intrusion. Call me back any time you need something else done.

05/12/2021

Anthony G.

Keith is professional, trustworthy, great quality, and doesn't attempt to upsell. A+

Description of Work
General handyman tasks

Category gutter repair, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Thanks for taking the time to put in this review. I know it's a bother, but I appreciate it tremendously. I look forward to someday seeing your new place and any minor alterations you may need.

04/16/2021

Ofia H.

Keith did an excellent job; very professional and would definitively recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Misc handyman services: install pictures, towel bars, accessories

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Hopefully, we'll meet again on another project.

01/21/2021

Loren R.

Keith from ATL Custom Construction did a fantastic job. He was very responsive to email; and text, completed the work promptly, left the space cleaner than when he started, and pricing was reasonable. I'll definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Installed attic stairs and flooring

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

You are a Man of his word! Enjoyed meeting you and your family. Happy to do the work and think it came out better than we both expected. Look forward to further projects discussed. Thanks again, Keith Tindle

09/17/2020

Don R.

Mr. Tindle was a pleasure to work with. He did an excellent job of replacing the damaged wood as well as creating new designs that enhanced the space. I will definitely use him again to finish our basement.

Description of Work
Replacement of water damaged wood and drywall

Category plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Thanks for taking the time putting in this review. It helps the Business and also my Rating with Angie's List. Look forward to discussing that basement Project.

09/10/2020

Uma C.

Keith Tindle did a really good job handling all this by himself. it was great working with him and I sure will refer him to my contacts and will reach out to him for future handyman work.

Description of Work
Paint the porch door, fix the grout in bathtub, fix the crack on popcorn ceiling, fix the frame and net in porch.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, garage builders, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Thanks for taking the time to put in this review. It also shows others that; while I charge $35 for the initial visit to meet the Prospective Customer, and review the work; I generally do close on the Bid and they do call me back.

06/12/2020

Laura J.

Keith from Atlanta Custom Construction was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. From coming out to inspect the work needed, to working at our house, to the cleanup afterwards Atlanta Custom Construction was extremely professional, prompt, courteous, and respectful. Made the experience very easy. Keith communicated well before, during and at completion of job, and was very responsive throughout. Explained things in a very straightforward and honest manner. Punctual, worked quickly, and completed the job in a timely manner. I would trust Atlanta Custom Construction with all our projects. Atlanta Custom Construction just finished the job this week, and we are already collaborating with them on a 2nd project (to screen in our porch). Looking forward to working with Keith again and will be will be recommending Atlanta Custom Construction to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Clearing away dirt and tear down of problem area; Repair/replacement of rotted out siding on a closet addition to house. Waterproofing replacement area, installation of new drainage pipe to redirect water away from house, sealing up openings in foundation/crawlspace, installation of deck

Category decks, siding, deck cleaning, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to put in this review. I know it can be a pain, but it's very helpful and appreciated. Look forward to working with you and Alex on the next project.

10/28/2019

Dean T.

Keith Tindle has made the process very enjoyable, he has provided a clear breakdown of pricing and has been prompt to the job site each and everyday , Keith shows a high degree of integrity in all of his actions from repairs to clearly explaining what needs to be done in order to complete the job with the best outcome in mind.Keith showed great respect for our property and left the job site clean and in a orderly fashion through the entire process.

Description of Work
Replacement of doors and all surrounding wood trim on exterior door, rebuilding of chimney and replacement of siding, replacement of exterior window trim. Prepared the exterior for painting by pressure washing

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, siding, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

Thanks for taking the time to put in this review. It's been a pleasure both working and meeting you. And thanks again for accepting our bid to paint the house. I'm sure it will be completed to your Standards.

10/09/2019

Sean B.

I ask Keith for a quote on Monday 10/9 and was told he would get it back to me that evening. I waited 3 days and called Keith to inquire about the quote and was told that I was being aggressive and that he could not give me a quote in 3 days, after being told different by him. Keith then hung the phone up in my face in the middle of our conversation about my quote. He is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !!!....Oh and by the way hope he enjoys my 35.00 that he charges for quotes...which I didn't get !!!..Geesh !!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

This guy is a complete Liar. I meet him and his wife on Monday, 2 days ago. They wanted a complete Master Bath Remodel, which required that they first find a free-standing tub that would serve her needs: where the tub had to be less than 62"(wall to wall). That has the first step They Had to find before any remodeling could happen, Period. I stated that size(free-standing) would be hard to find! Otherwise, the walls on either side would have to be shifted over to allow this. Period> Then they wanted a shower expanded also, on that same side of the bathroom. All issues that needed to be addressed. I gave them 3 suggestions for suppliers: Pro Source for cabinet and flooring, PDI and Fergusion Supply to go to their Showrooms to find a Tub that would fit in that space! I would never have stated I would give them an estimate That Evening. Who would ever Say That: A bathroom remodel that will Cost at least $22K, if they went with the cheapest materials/lines available? *As far as I know: from Monday noon to Wed noon or so, is 2 days. And again, I am a professional, rarely do I throw out numbers without Any Consideration of the Customers Input. And 2 days after meeting, without any input on items they Had to find; never will happen. And he called me Wed afternoon, and after I was able to return the call(I am A Working Contractor, and was Busy), he was Aggressive on the Phone. Wouldn't let me talk, and asked Where He could Meet Me to get his $35 travel/estimate charge back? When I got home that evening, I sent him a text, saying that they had to go and find some components that they could work with, liked and we would go from there. He would have none of it, and based on His Aggressive Attitude, I wouldn't be working with them, and the fee would also not be refunded. *I will say that his wife would had never called me like this. Based on my only meeting, he will be an Issue for anyone that does this work, if they ever do it. And I also knew that he would put in this review! We didn't do any work for this man.

09/21/2019

Alleene Z.

Keith was on time, worked diligently, and answered all our questions. The cabinets look good. Would hire again.

Description of Work
cabinet install

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/14/2019

Thanks for the review

07/22/2019

Dave P.

Keith was excellent. Prompt, professional, and friendly. He stated up front what the costs would be and provided excellent service. He even went above and beyond making an impromptu trip to get some trim and paint after we discovered additional work needing to be done. The whole time he was courteous and pleasant to work with. Will be hiring him again.

Description of Work
Needed some cabinets moved

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Thanks for taking the time to put this in. It does help me and the business. Look forward to helping you again when you get moved in completely.

06/24/2019

Amos M.

Keith is a consummate professional. He shows up on time. He is very good at what he does. He is never lacking in tools. VERY TRUSTWORTHY AND RELIABLE. Thanks you ACC!

Description of Work
Custom closet install, drywall patching, theatre door install

Category contractors, picture framing, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

Thanks for the review! Was somewhat surprised you put it in, but better late then never. Please call again if you're ever in need.

02/21/2019

Dorian R.

The job was done professionally and in a very timely manner. The contractor is very good at what he does and he subcontracted all the things he does not do, Each of the people he picked did the jobs very well and the end result is a beautiful new bathroom.

Description of Work
Remodeled a Bathroom.

Category drywall, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

02/09/2019

AARON C.

The work went well. Keith provided a detailed quote that was very reasonable. He completed the work quickly, with great results. He was easy to work with and coordinate the work.

Description of Work
Siding Repairs & Deck Rebuild

Category decks, remodeling, siding

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again

10/21/2018

Wes G.

DO NOT HIRE ATLANTA CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION! I have never met any one like this. After the work he did on my house was complete he asked me to leave him some reviews. After four days here sends me this: "I felt sure; from your statements; that you would follow through with the reviews that you said you would put in. Is it just something younger people do: say whatever comes in their mind, at the moment, with really zero conviction to do what they say they will do? That's a question and a statement. I went through 3 different bids with you, changing the wording to Your Specifications, did the job to exactly what I stated I would do; even talked you out of the extreme vapor barrier system you wanted to put in. I just don't get it. Do as you wish, but understand exactly what I'm thinking. Good luck in your future projects. You'll need to watch over them if the past is any indication." How rude? Who emails that to someone after 4 days? Especially after you know the review would have been positive... See attached image of the actual email. Do not do work with someone who tries to bully you into leaving reviews. That's unethical and honestly I had never seen anything like it.

Description of Work
Installed vapor barrier in crawl space.

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

Review for Atlanta Custom Construction - 2934 Arrow Creek Dr., Chamblee, GA - 37491164

I'll stand behind what I said. I gave the guy a break on the cost, did the work as soon as he asked and after I was finished, he stated, more than once,that he was going to put something in that day, I asked about it, 6 days later. Probably shouldn't have been so rough on the young man, but when I say something, it's gospel. Not so with this guy. I know that the work was perfect, the price was right; or he wouldn't have hired me, and because I called him out on something; the review; he Blankets me with F's, so be it.

10/10/2018

MARY B.

Excellent. I searched Angie's List to find a contractor whose reviews most closely matched the job I wanted done. Notwithstanding the one review of an F, I relied on the remaining reviews to select Atlanta Custom Construction and I was not disappointed at all by my choice. Most of the hangers in my walk-in closet came loose from the wall and fell down due to shoddy construction. I was in a slight hurry to get someone to repair and build out the closet, due to my travel schedule in October. When I initially called Keith Kendall, I did not get an immediate response after the first couple of calls, but when I called the alternative number on his voicemail, he answered right away. He told me that he was in North Carolina and would be returning to Atlanta by the weekend and let me know that was the reason I did not get an immediate response. Upon his return, he promptly scheduled an appointment to come over and review the job. He arrived at the scheduled time and looked at the space that I wanted built out. I told him that I was interested in a practical reorganization of my closet space, nothing super fancy. We discussed in general terms the nature of the work he could do. He told me his price for a job of this size and that he would pick up the materials, with a surcharge for his travel time. He measured the space to determine the amount of materials he would need. Mr. Kendall returned on October 8 and completed the job in one day. He arrived at the exact time he scheduled and finished the job in about 6 hours. He consulted with me as the work was progressing to ensure that the results would be what I expected. The total cost of the work was around $1,000, including materials. Mr. Kendall was very neat and there was nothing to clean up when he finished the job. I was very pleased with Mr. Kendall's work and I highly recommend him to those seeking some quality work from a reliable source at a very reasonable price. I would be delighted to hire Mr. Kendall again and again.

Description of Work
Installed hangers and shelves in walk-in closet in master bedroom

Category closet systems

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

I do appreciate the time she spent putting in this review and it was a pleasure working with her; as she is a very interesting person. But, my last name is Tindle. My parents took some thought naming all of their children; from both English and Sicilian descent. I would have hated a KK, as some people often mistake. My name is Francis Keith Tindle, as my State License will confirm. Look forward to your next project.

08/07/2018

Nils M.

Very arrogant and unprofessional. As we did the walk-through he wants to act like everything you want to do is stupid. He also wants to pick and choose which projects he does in a FULL...HOUSE...REMODEL lol. Most people are looking for someone to be a GC for them and not have to call a bunch of different guys except for skilled things like electrical, etc. At the end of the meeting he said in a dismissive way "yeah just write me my check", referring to the $35 trip charge he charges just to come look at your job smh. After a mere EIGHT days of receiving his quote I contacted him about having him to quote another job for me and his literal response was "you never responded to my f****** email so I threw your first proposal in the trash." I then took the time to actually pour through the quote of the first job and his prices were laughably high. I would've never called him about looking at the second job if not in desperate need of a contractor.

Description of Work
House Remodel