770-Arborist

Founded 1997 • With Angi since January 2007

833 Roper Rd

Canton, GA 30115

Concerned about your tree’s health? We provide a 100% non-biased tree health consultation. We also offer the highest quality in spike-free pruning, forest beautification/spatial management, and tree removal including emergency storm work. With 15 years working with insurance companies during storms we will be happy to walk you through the claims process. We know price is important and as seen in our reviews, our pricing is competitive. But we don’t do cheap work, because it kills trees. On all home visits we provide a non-biased tree care assessment by an ISA Trained Arborist. To set a consultation call 770-Arborist (272-6747) today. Your trees will hug you back!...

07/15/2020

Wendy B.

They were professional and friendly. The did a great job and cleaned everything up when they were done. Would hire again.

Description of Work
We had 2 trees removed and 10 trees trimmed.

Category fencing,tree service

06/13/2019

JuRiel W.

I consulted with several companies prior to hiring 770-Arborist for the job. We had a large pine tree that was struck by lightning that we needed removed along with several other medium sized pines. They were able to perform the service 7 days after our initial call which was perfect as we were trying to have the job completed before the hurricane hit. The team was professional and completed the job within half a day. They also identified a few trees that were dying that were missed by some of the other companies. It has been almost 2 years since we last requested their services but from what I remember, the experience was positive and I would recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Tree Trimming

11/27/2018

Marilyn B.

He checked some rot in the trunk. It is still strong enough to hold the branches. I was relieved that it has enough life to continue blooming in the spring and doesn't have to be taken down.

Description of Work
I needed to know if an old cherry tree needed to come down.

10/08/2018

Susan B.

Trimmed up an oak tree in my front yard.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

04/25/2018

Bethany P.

I found 770 Arborist on Angie’s List and I am very grateful I did. I needed a couple of trees removed and a few others trimmed. I had an excellent experience. They were on time and provided fast and precise work. The entire crew was professional and courteous. They left my yard much better than they found it. Overall outstanding experience.

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming

04/09/2018

Sarah A.

Perfect! Mark Russell, Lance Oliver and the crew are professional and understand the shape and growth habit of trees.

Description of Work
Pruning of large deciduous and evergreen trees.

01/15/2018

Raymond J.

Excellent company. Very professional. Very knowledgeable. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Came out and evaluated tree. Came back and prune trees and remove huge tree trunk.

10/05/2017

Linda T.

Owner Mark Russell responded w/phone call to my review to say they have full money-back guarantee if dissatisfied & he was refunding my money, which he has done! I couldnt be happier abt that! Plus he spoke w/me on phone regarding addtnl courses of action for tree questions.

Description of Work
Follow-up to my review of 9/24/17

09/26/2017

Robert W.

I had an e-quote by the time he left on Friday, the work was done the following Tuesday. Lee and the crew did a great job taking down four large trees, trimming four others, chipped everything except the trunks which we left in the woods and cleaned up. Tree guys can be a little scary, but these guys know what they are doing, safe and extremely competent.

Description of Work
Needed some tree work done for some time and it rose to the top of the list when we noticed a vertical split in a large oak shortly after Irma passed through. Mark came out the day after we called and gave a price for removal. I asked if he had time to look at some other trees and he walked around the property answering my questions as we discussed the rest of the work. Very easy to talk with and knowledgeable about trees with a minor in geology.

09/21/2017

Wendy B.

Very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

09/19/2017

CINDY G.

Very well and easy breezy. Sent to city and recieved permit approval within 3 days.

Description of Work
Inspection of trees and documented on report with pictures to send to city for permit,

09/07/2017

Eric S.

From first contact to the point at which the job was complete, it was very professional. The job was well done, care was taken at all stages, and the crew was a pleasure. Would definitely re-hire for additional work.

Description of Work
Tree Removal, Pruning

08/05/2017

Lisa D.

We had them out to take a look at all the trees in our backyard and make sure they are healthy and not at risk of falling into our house. They contacted me promptly to set the appointment and came out earlier than I even expected! They were very thorough and professional and pointed out issues we may have in the future and answered all of my questions. We will definitely call them if we need any tree service done.

Description of Work
Tree inspection

07/31/2017

Terri W.

On time and stayed until it was complete. Very professional, had answers to every question I asked. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and did a fantastic job!!!!!

Description of Work
remove two trees with stumps, corrected another's trim job on a 100+ old Oak Tree.

Category firewood,hauling services,tree service

07/17/2017

Debra D.

Very professional team. Minimal disturbance to surrounding landscape

Description of Work
Removed several trees

07/09/2017

Kelly C.

Very well! I asked for a quote after the assessment and they did do the tree work as well. Great job all around!

Description of Work
This was just for the initial assessment of our tree health. Lance performed this review without a sales pitch to do the work - which is what a reputable arborist should do - and he answered all of our questions as we walked the property with him.

06/10/2017

Teresa W.

I had them come out and evaluate all of my trees and see which ones. The guy Lance Oliver, but he works for a guy named Mark something who is actually the arborist. He has all of the actual training and qualifications. He is a certified arborist he's not just a person who goes around and just cuts trees. He can tell you if this tree needs to be cut, trimmed or if it should be relocated or if it's fine as it is, don't worry about it. He was the one who actually came out the first time when I had the hole in the roof and he was so helpful because I was totally lost and I had no idea what to do not to mention I was in a panic. I had seen, well envisioned the rain coming down into the house. They even got up in the attic to check and make sure nothing got wet enough to worry about. But the second time he sent his associate or new partner his name is Lance Oliver and he came out first. He made me an appointment and came out walked around with me and said okay what do you see is the problem and what would you like us to do. I said my main thing is I'm concerned about I have all these trees, they are big old trees they were big old trees from when this house was built almost 40 years ago. I am concerned that this will happen again. I've been very luck because two of my neighbors have had humongous trees actually fall on their houses and do enormous damage. My next door neighbor had to move out their house and stay out a year and into an apartment, while their house was being repaired. That was back during hurricanes Oliver and Opal. He came out and walked around and said we have some dead branches here we want to take down. There's one beach tree that grows closer to the house I said some of the branches are broken off I'd like to get them removed. He said you know; we need to remove more than that because you have it overhanging your house. He said the tree itself wasn't probably going to fall on your house to cause any damage, but the squirrels are using these to get on top of your house and damage your roof, and it's true, they do. This is just going to hang lower and lower, and he told me all of the reasons why some of the other branches needed to come off but I finally let them cut some off. It's such a shady tree, and I didn't want to lose it all of it. They actually had to cut down three smaller trees because they were growing right next to big old trees. He said there's no way in the world that there are three small trees will survive or thrive and what that means is they are growing towards the house so they can get sunlight. So, he said it was best to take them down and they did that and they disposed of all the debris. The first they came out it started raining, they had to leave and come back another day. I understand you don't climb trees when it's raining out there. I couldn't believe how well they did that, to be honest with you. If you ever have the occasion to watch somebody take a chainsaw that they start the chainsaw where the teeth are not moving but the motor running then hanging off their belt and then climb a tree with that thing dragging on them way up high. I don't know how tall the trees are, but they are really tall. They're mostly they're poplars, hickories and oak trees. They're enormous old trees and that's why we bought the property in the first place because I love trees and the shade. They did take down the limb that over hanging the house. They checked to make sure the trees were danger to the house and he went to check it out. He went all around and there were not threatening the house in any way. There were a couple of barks that had been damaged and said that's just fine. They went all around the house, I didn't have them do the whole lot because I have two acres, but I did have them check around the house because that was my main concern. I didn't want the trees falling down on my house.We had an agreed on price, I had a coupon from Angie's List for $129 for the evaluation itself. I was real pleased with them I'll call them in a heartbeat, which I hope I wouldn't need them, but if I need a tree cut down I would call them.

Description of Work
They did an evaluation of all of my trees.

Category tree service

Thanks for the A rating! We appreciate your business!

06/10/2017

Teresa W.

I have had them out here twice. The first time was an emergency and the second time was planned. A tree had fallen and had gone through my roofing and into my kitchen ceiling. It was Saturday night and it was raining I had went through the phone book and online. Every one I tried to call that listed emergency service, either was not answering the phone or they were not able to do anything. Most of them didn't even answer the phone. I called a guy called the arborist and he I think he was out to dinner with his wife. He said okay let me see if I can get my crew together. He called me back in about 10 minutes and said he can come and do it and said it would take them an hour to get us all together and take the equipment but we'll be there, and he was. Those guys went right on the roof and remove the limb and laid the tarp on it and went in the backyard and picked up all the debris and carried it off. I was thrilled! They were excellent. Yes, I would use them again.

Description of Work
They came out and went on the roof and remove the limb and laid the tarp on it and went in the backyard and picked up all the debris

Category tree service

Thanks for the A rating! We appreciate your business!

03/21/2017

Diane C.

Lance gave a thorough and knowledgeable description of the visible defects in some of the trees and the overall health of others. He was generous with his time and expertise throughout the consultation and did not attempt to influence us to do the work or contract with them. We were impressed with the ethic and technical skill so requested a quote and hired them to do the work. The work was scheduled within our desired time frame. The crew was efficient and operated in a professional manner. Lance worked very closely along with them to address our specific goals as discussed. We trust that the work was done with skill and care for the health of the trees. I would not hesitate to use Lance again for additional tree service.

Description of Work
We needed an assessment of the health of some 20 year old ornamental trees before deciding to prune them. We wished to improve the overall look of our home from the street by shaping the trees while improving their vitality.

Teresa W.

The service worked out very well. They did a terrific job. He came out for the assessment and made appointment for them to remove a few tress that wouldn't grow where they were and to trim all the limbs.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $129 for tree assessment.

Teresa W.

They were accommodating with the scheduling. They actually came on the 7th but had to leave and come back on this day due to it started raining. They were fantastic and I will use them as needed.

Description of Work
They came out and removed a few tress and trimmed the limbs on the tress around my property.

Teresa W.

Half of the companies I called said they wouldn't do emergency work. He was out to dinner with his wife and said he would come if he could get his guys up and around. They guys went up on my roof and removed the branch from the kitchen and ceiling. They trapped the roof and picked up the mess. He gave me helpful information on how to file the claim. I was thrilled with them, I was frantic. There was rain coming in and I could just imagine it ruining everything.

Description of Work
I had a tree fall in through my roof.

02/08/2017

Tom C.

Whole experience was great. I did the consultation beforehand and learned a lot about what needed to be done. Lance was great at the consultation and it was great to see him on the team at the job. They showed up on time and took everything with them. Thank you!

Description of Work
Removed several small trees in backyard, pruned live oak and another large tree as well as some others, cut vine growth on trees as well

02/07/2017

Catherine B.

It went very well. The trees were taken down and cut up. The workers were professional and very careful not to damage my fence.

Description of Work
The deal was for an inspection and recommendations for work that needed to be done. Two trees that were damaged needed to be removed.

01/27/2017

Melanie F.

The crew arrived promptly and worked on our neighbor's yard first, finishing and cleaning up quickly and efficiently. They then started our yard and worked until dark. They returned the next day and completed the job. There was some damage to our fence which they have since returned and repaired to our complete satisfaction. Mark and Lance work really hard to make their customers happy!

Description of Work
We had three pine trees taken down in our back yard