ETL Construction

Founded 2001 • With Angi since March 2011

205 Cleveland Rd Suite D

Bogart, GA 30622

One call for all your home and building needs! We do both residential and commercial. Specialty items such as historical restoration, turn key design build services, commercial and residential maintenance services provided. Well trained professionals will solve ANY problem with your home or building!...

01/16/2017

robert G.

Very well. It looks great, stopped the erosion, and is a definite asset. Our neighbors were impressed because we live on a lane and 1/2 dirt road and they kept the road usable during the whole job.

Description of Work
We have a dirt driveway on a hill that has eroded more each time it rained. We had ETL pave 150 feet of it with asphalt.

Category driveway pavers

07/05/2016

RAM B.

I was not happy with the progress of the work. It took over 9 months. I feel that they were priced way to high. They charged us for excess material.

Description of Work
Removed the old deck and then they rebuilt a whole new deck. Cost of work was $110,000.00

Category decks

We are very sorry that you felt the progress was not adequately timed and did not understand that the complexity of your particular project would have an associated cost. This was not a simple or small deck project and required more expertise than most general contractors would have knowledge of and also required us to overcome deficiencies we inherited from your previous builder. It's never inexpensive to redo previous incorrect work. What we had to remove was not a wood deck. It was a 3 story concrete and steel structure that was inadequately bolted to your 3 story conventionally framed home which had extremely limited access and also bordered a [Member Information Removed]. The existing structure was not constructed to code to begin with and was severely lacking structural standards. It began with a poured concrete deck supported by improper steel structure, which was sagging and actually pulling the back of the house off. We had to take down and demolish the existing concrete and steel structure before we could even start building anything new. Taking off 6" of large concrete slabs up 3 stories was extremely hazardous and we did it without damaging the house. This was an extremely tedious and dangerous undertaking and some of this time fell during winter weather. Taking off such a large assembly also exposed your home to the elements and wind and moisture off [Member Information Removed] Spivey only 75 yards away and by being careful and taking our time, we prevented more damage being done. We coordinated with structural engineers who dictated how to make the repairs and how the new structure would actually be assembled. We also didn't control the engineering reports or timeline for his recommendations. The project was started and stopped numerous times for various reasons, prolonging the timeline and associated completion date. Termite damage was uncovered and your insurance company involvement halted the project yet again, and continued to delay work progress while key decisions were made. Working with the insurance adjuster helped you ascertain the extent of the damage and we outlined the remedy to it without changing extra for the research, advice and consultations. We take care of our customers and never perform substandard work. Remember that you also changed the design and materials from completely metal, to wood frame with aluminum decking to save on overall cost. The lead time on specialty materials once design was changed took an extended amount of time to be manufactured by the aluminum decking company. The fasteners were also a specialty material and took additional lead time to assemble properly, adding to the complexities. In hindsight we probably should not have accepted the challenge of this particular project. We are based out of Athens Georgia, with an additional Savannah, Georgia location and this job site was over an hour and 30 minutes away one way without Atlanta traffic. Sending craftsmen with such a long commute tends to [Member Information Removed] the overall cost up more. We do feel the quality of the project has left you with a beautiful deck that will last for many years of enjoyment.

06/12/2016

Judy C.

I am pleased to recommend ETL Construction to anyone desiring true quality in any type of construction project, be it initially building a new home or needing another smaller construction project. I needed a quality builder to build my John Tee Designed Southern Living Home Plan and I found Bill Kraeling and ETL more than met that need. Bill was able to help me add the design features and materials that gave my home the "historic" look that make it so very special. From selecting the most advantageous site on my property; helping me choose finishes; to keeping me on budget; to finishing my home on time; to completing several other smaller projects several years later; Bill and his ETL crew have always been the consummate professionals!"

Description of Work
Built new home, finished out previously unfinished space, and provided general handyman services.

Category electrician,gutter cleaning,insulation,plumbing,home builders,wrought iron,architect,interior painters,doors,driveway pavers

03/11/2015

Beta V.

I'm disappointed that things with ETL construction didn't work out. They seemed to have a very good reputation. Perhaps my interaction with them was an anomalous blip, but they were unresponsive, and their initial estimate was totally inaccurate (and I hadn't changed anything about the scope of work... it was just a matter of not preparing the estimate accurately). All in all it took 10 weeks before I got an accurate estimate. Bill was very apologetic about the way things were handled, so at least he did that. I'd rather just delete this review, but since I can't I'll bump his grade up.

Description of Work
Bill Kraeling and the folks at ETL construction were very unresponsive. For six weeks they were radio silent. I will give them props, however, for reaching out to me and trying to make things right.

Category home builders

01/20/2014

Sally Y.

Description of Work
Built a new house.

Category home builders

Thank you so much for the great review! It's been such a pleasure working with you to create a custom home for you and your family to enjoy for years to come! Many of our clients build only one home in their lifetime and can't afford to get it wrong, making ETL Construction a very good choice. A lot goes into the home building process beginning with extensive planning. A well planned project ensures the project stays on budget and on time. Effective communication makes the process flow smoothly and makes the experience more enjoyable for our clients. Creative problem solving and value engineering are two strengths that our clients greatly appreciate when they choose us. We negotiate hard with our vendors on the very best price. We also offer free design consultation assistance throughout the process. By offering a solid product, it's a better long term value for our clients. Distinctive homes require quality and attention to detail not easily found within our market. Those are key building standards that set us apart from the competition, and a main reason that clients choose us to build their dream homes. Congratulations on valuing the knowledge and experience you trust in your builder!