Mitchell Mechanical Heating & Air

Founded 1992 • With Angi since September 2009

1398 Duncan Ln

Auburn, GA 30011

Mitchell Mechanical has been serving the heating and cooling needs of metro Atlanta and North Georgia since 1992. We pride ourselves on our knowledgeable staff and our excellent customer service. Our technicians receive the most up to date training available and we stay on the forefront of home comfort technology. We regularly use NATE certified technicians to ensure the highest level of customer service. We can service any brand of equipment, but we recommend the Lennox and Trane line of products for superior efficiency and reliability....

07/10/2020

Emma A.

Was actually about an hour earlier than anticipated for my emergency call! Excellent service, great value, very professional and completed all the work quickly. I couldn't be more pleased! Definitely my go-to company for service in the future! Very highly recommended!

Description of Work
Excellent service, great value, very professional

07/06/2020

Raymond H.

Mitchell Mechanical has been out to our home to do some work over the last couple of weeks. Each of their mechanics have been exceptional and been very professional. I highly recommend this company. They get the job done and will not stop until they do. You Guys Are They Coolest!!!!

Description of Work
They get the job done and will not stop until they do.

10/16/2017

Bruce B.

Great service, fair and reasonable prices and professional work.

Description of Work
Maintenance contract 22 years. 2 new AC unit and coils installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind review. It has been our pleasure to serve you and look forward to doing so again soon!

09/22/2017

Elliott S.

I have had the same company for the thirteen years I have been here, Mitchell Mechanical. They have been excellent. They come here four times a year. I have a contract with them. I called them first when I had a fireplace issue and they came out and told me what was wrong but they weren’t the people that could fix that part and they didn’t charge me for that. They have done a good job so far. I have four systems in my house, it’s a big house, and they have replaced three of them at what I believe were very reasonable prices at the ten and eleven year mark. And upgraded them to the more efficient systems.

Description of Work
Quarterly checkups.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], It is wonderful to have long term customers like you. It has been our pleasure to service your equipment all these years and we look forward to serving you agian soon! Thank you for your loayalty and your kind review.

08/23/2017

John R.

Completed on time and they cleaned up and hauled everything up

Description of Work
Replaced downstairs A/C unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We are so glad you are happy with your new HVAC equipment. It has been a pleasure serving you.

04/30/2017

Rosalyn P.

Everything went well .. We've used MM for years ..they are always on time and always share why they are doing what they do when here ....

Description of Work
Heat repair .. AC check .. AC replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. It has been a pleasure serving you!

04/05/2017

sandy S.

We have been with Mitchell Mechanical since we built the house in 1997. We have a maintenance contract with them that we renew every year. We have used them for all of our HVAC needs. I think the fact that we have been with them for so long should tell you the quality of this company and their work.

Description of Work
Three HVAC units

02/20/2017

Judy E.

I will only use Mitchell. Techs are wonderful. If you have maintenance policy during the year, they come out right away and fix things. They are fair. They charge less if for service call if you have the policy.

Description of Work
Service maintenance on AC.

09/26/2016

Lynn K.

Everything went great. Added freon and checked everything else out. Signed up for the annual service plan which was basically free because it included 2 pounds of freon and 2 service calls in a year. Needed 2 pounds of freon which was 90$ a pound and service call was $65 for a total 245. The service plan was $150 so service and freon was included with that so ended up saving $95 and they will come back out in a few months and change filter and check everything out, all for free. They came out the same day I contacted them. Have used Mitchell for probably at least 20 years with no problems. All their service people have been friendly and knowledgeable and didn't try to push extra services.

Description of Work
Just needed freon as air was running a lot and a pipe had ice on it.

Category electrician

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We look forward to serving you again soon.

08/13/2016

Matt C.

Andrew returned my call within five minutes. I explained what was going on and he advised he would be here in 30 minutes (midnight on a Friday night). He arrived at the stated time and replaced my capacitor resolving the issue, replaced the filter and checked the drain pan. I will definitely use this provider again and for the eventual replacement, the unit is 16 years old.

Description of Work
24/7 emergency call for repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm glad Andrew was able to help you out so quickly. We look forward to working with you again!

04/30/2016

PETER M.

Technicians arrived on time to install a new replacement heating and air conditioning system. Equipment installation and test went smoothly. Techs removed and hauled old equipment. Techs were professional. Cost was reasonable. Company registered new equipment for warranty purposes. I have been using Mitchell Mechanical for preventive maintenance for 5 years, and am quite satisfied with the quality of their work, and with their excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Installed a replacement heating and air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and are hoping you are enjoying your new system.

02/06/2016

Michael T.

Our heat went out and we called Mitchell Mechanical to come out. Since it was warm this past weekend we scheduled for Monday morning. Andrew called to let me know he was on the way and showed up when he stated he would. He replaced the cracked ignitor and mentioned that our inducer casing was cracked and suggested we should replace it. I asked him to go ahead and order the part. About an hour later he called back and stated they had the part in stock and that he a change in his scheduled and could come back and install it. I had him return so I wouldn't have to take a day off from work. Andrew was very professional and polite. I will definitely use Mitchell Mechanical again.

Description of Work
They replaced a cracked ignitor and inducer casing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and "A" rating! I am so glad Andrew was able to get your system working properly so quickly. We look forward to working with you again!

11/04/2014

Michael B.

Very smoothly. They were able to quickly diagnose the issue. I signed up for their annual maintenance plan for both units. Price covers a lot including any coolant that needs to be added.

Description of Work
Diagnosed heater issue then provided basic maintenance.

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], I am so glad we were able to get you back up and running. We look forward to providing service for you again in the spring as part of your preventative maintenance. Thank you for your review!

08/25/2014

Lisa G.

This had previously (one month ago, literally) been done by another company. In the process of a home inspection, the tubing was requested to be replaced. The technician stated it did not need to be replaced, but blown out. Not sure what he did but one month later it was clogged again, and probably should have been replaced as we requested. Upon calling them to come back they DECLINED. HOWEVER, we called Mitchell and Ryan came out. He was very helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. Even gave us some pointers on what we could do ourselves. We have removed the other company from our "list" and will always call Mitchell in the future. Excellent customer service, very timely, called as they said they would, and DID THE JOB!

Description of Work
Ryan came to our home and cleaned out the condensation tube on our HVAC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [member name removed], I am pleased we were able to solve your problem. Ryan is an excellent tech and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for your review.

07/26/2014

Patricia C.

I bought the range hood at Home Depot and was told that it could easily be installed by their installers. The installers came out, realized that it was not being hooked into an existing venting system and told us they did not know how to do it. (They charged us $50.00 to tell us that.) Subsequently, the same installers then contacted my sister (I was out of country) and told her they would come out and they would be able to install it. Once again, they came out and decided they really didn't know how to install it and charged us another $50.00 (note--When my sister notified Home Depot of the situation, Home Depot was mortified and removed all charges) However, for almost 9 months I had no vent for the range and could not use it. Finally, I was told by a friend that it would probably take an HVAC company to install it (I had been searching appliance and electrical companies). I used Angie's List and found Mitchell Mechanical and saw the number of glowing reviews. I contacted them and within the week one of their employees was at my home and provided an estimate. The day of the installation arrived and Andrew and William arrived at exactly the scheduled time, in fact they called to let me know they were on the way. They were extremely polite, professional and efficient. I could not have hoped for better service. They did everything that was promised, cleaned up after the job and tested both the vent and the range to make sure all were in proper working order. The cost and time that it took was exactly what they estimated. I highly recommend this company. In fact while they were here I signed a contact for the company to check my HVAC twice a year. It was a very lucky thing that I did because they found a broken flue pipe. I have contracted with them to come and do all the repairs.

Description of Work
Installed a new range hood and ventilation system. The was not just a re-install, it was a totally new installation which required cutting through the ceiling and roof in order to vent to the outside.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name remove], I am so pleased we were able to help you finally get the work done. We look forward to providing service for you! Thank you for the review.

07/18/2014

Magdalena Z.

We moved into a new house that needed some work. Another A rated Angie's List HVAC company came and wanted to install new AC, Furnace, and Ductwork. Our inspector let us know that the furnace was an issue, but the other problems were news to us. Our AC had been tripping a breaker, but the unit was fairly new. Their estimate was $8500. We called Mitchell Mechanical and they came out. Chris said the furnace needed to be replaced and that the ductwork needed to be repaired, not replaced. The AC was fine. His estimate: $3200. We went with him. His crew did a very good job and was fast and friendly. A week later the AC tripped the breaker again. One of the crew came out and inspected many things and told us he thought it was electrical. Sure enough it was. If he hadn't been so thorough, it would have been easy to think it was the AC unit. He realized it was a $250 electrical problem and not $3000 AC problem. These guys are honest and price conscious.

Description of Work
New Furnace, Repair of Ductwork in Crawlspace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Ms. [member name removed]. Honesty and integrity are very important to us. We look forward to serving you again.

07/08/2014

Ashley S.

Service technician was very efficient and thorough, Andrew arrived on time and was very informative. Our air is running icy cold now. I highly recommend using Michelle Mechanical.

Description of Work
Serviced and repaired our air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [member name removed], I'm glad to hear your home is nice and cool. Andrew is a great tech! We look forward to serving you again.

07/01/2014

Christy K.

Initial diagnosis did not correct the problem permanently. It took 2 separate visits/calls

Description of Work
Repair air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [removed member name], Thank you for your feed back. It is always our goal to get your system operational as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the problem is not always obvious upon initial inspection. The last thing we would want to do is charge you for repairs based on "what ifs". I'm glad your system is now operating normally. Again, thank you for your honest review, it will help us serve you better next time. We look forward to working with you again.

06/24/2014

Ed S.

We needed a new heat pump. Andrew came inspected our old one and gave us a competitive priced on the new one. He showed us. Ehy the old one couldn't be repaired. He wasn't trying to just sell us a new one. They cleaned up the mess.

Description of Work
New lennox heat pump with installation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [removed member name], Thank you for your great review. Andrew is an excellent technician and I am glad you were happy with his service and evaluation. We look forward to serving you again.

05/05/2014

Dawn R.

They were very good. I was happy with their service. They did a good job. They also had integrity because they quoted me a higher price and they could have charged it but when they got done it was less. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Mitchell Mechanical Heating and Air for heating and air conditioning. My air conditioning unit was out.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], Thank you for a great rating. We look forward to serving you again.

04/30/2014

Bradwell M.

The workers arrived at 9 AM sharp. They were replacing ductwork as well as installing a new air conditioner and air conditioning coil. There were two workers and both working independently. They were thorough and efficient and got all the work done in a single day. I was very pleased with the work and the cleanup. The air-conditioner cools well. I've had no problems and don't expect to have any at this point. Their price was fair, although not the least expensive estimate that I received. I felt like the quality of their equipment and the quality of their work more than made up for the difference in price.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioner and coil.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr. [member name removed], I will be sure to let Corey know you were pleased with his work. We look forward to serving you int he future.

04/30/2014

Terra S.

After finding this company on Angie's List I made the appointment Mon Night using their online scheduler. The technician arrived the next day just as I had signed up for. He was super friendly and knowledgeable. He explained the problem, was fair on price, and did try to sell us a new system. He did give us advice for maintenance and when the time comes for a new system we will most likely go with this company!

Description of Work
Fixed our A/C which was not cooling properly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [member name removed], I'm pleased we were able to get you cooling again. Please let us know if there is anything else you need.

04/16/2014

Cynthia S.

This company has only done better and better for us. Customer service is excellent, even to the point of suggestions for us to save money, keep our units running, etc. We have not had unexpected extra costs or anything out of line with costs. Very good pricing. Easy scheduling as well.

Description of Work
We pay for a yearly contract for HVAC maintenance. That includes a checkup for heating and one for air conditioning. We have two units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you (member name removed)! It is our hope to continue to exceed your expectations.

04/14/2014

gary B.

The service was excellent and I was impressed with the mechanic. After they fixed my unit I signed up for their maintenance program and renewed it again this year.

Description of Work
I had no cool air, they added freon then serviced the rest of my unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am so pleased that you have been happy with the service you received. We have some excellent technicians! We look forward to serving you as part of our maintenance program.

01/31/2014

Brian C.

t When we noticed our furnace wasn't lighting, we checked Angie's List for an HVAC company as we hadn't been happy with our previous ones. We chose Mitchell Mechanical because they were highly rated here and because they were close to our home. Despite the fact that they have only a handful of ratings here, I was encouraged by the overall score as well as the fact that the business was responding to every review on the site. After calling in the morning (on one of the coldest days of the year), I expected that we would have to wait a while to get someone out to our home. But the repairman was at our place within 4 hours. He was friendly and professional. I was also worried that our 20-year old system might need to be replaced, but it only needed a new ignitor. I was grateful that we had a repairman who wasn't going to try to sell us something that we didn't need. In the end, I'm completely satisfied with the work that was done and I'll be calling them in the future. I've already started referring other locals to Mitchell Mechanical.

Description of Work
Replaced the ignitor in one of our two furnaces.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[removed member name] Thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. So happy you were satisfied. We look forward to serving you again.